The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2011 (09:47 PM). Edited August 15th, 2011 by Assassian.
Assassian

Ok where exactly is the normal gym leader? I've searched everywhere for this guy. Hes not in his gym once again I don't know what to do in Lauren.
Old August 15th, 2011 (11:57 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
Every single bit of portuguese I found has been translated. I don't know why people keep questioning this D:
Could you answer this just to be sure? =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Snake, did you translate EVERY same string of level scripts?
By that I mean that that each level script has 9 or 10 same text strings and to get rid of portuguesse text, it's necessary to translate all strings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDemetrious1 View Post
lol I found a level 32 horsea in the area by the sand at marfeny lake now I have a lvl 33 seadra and I dont even have a single badge yet e.e

Im not complaining Im just saying come on seriously how much easier is that gonna make the game for people :l?
It was not intentional... just a luck on your side =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomArceus493 View Post
One small issue I have with this game, and it is very minor, is that Mienshao has Arceus' icon in the party. Other than the other minor glitches that people have mentioned, which don't bother me, everything runs excellently so far (up to Seanport City). Really impressed with the game, thanks for translating it so quickly.
Yes, and Arceus has Mienshao's one. It's just a minor glitch that Wes did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leews24 View Post
Hey is Elctivire supposed to level down after evolving? Cuz before evolution, it was like 39( idont remember exactly, it was somewhere above 38) and it suddenly leveled down to 37.
I've already said it, it's practically in every Ruby hack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
I've noticed one major problem with this hack, and that is that the Gym Leaders, Rivals, Elite Four, and Champions all have the regular battle theme, with the regular victory theme, as opposed to the themes that those special trainers normally have. And when you get a Gym Badge, you hear the regular item obtained theme as opposed to the Gym Badge obtained theme, can you please fix these music errors? Thank you
Wes did not do it so Snakey did not too =)

Quote:
Actually, I thought I fixed all those. o.O

I fixed most of them, at any rate. Most trainers should ask you again after you say no. Or you can just say yes. Saying yes, and getting the 'you have too many pokemon' message, will let you get it later with everything but the eevee egg.
You sure? =D Those scripts needed some editing in commands =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 16th, 2011 (12:50 AM).
xXxLugia
Togepi

Nature: Brave
Where can i catch sneasel??????
Old August 16th, 2011 (01:13 AM). Edited August 16th, 2011 by Snakebyte.
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
The hell? Yes. I'm sure. Every bit of Portuguese text I found has been replaced with English text. How many ****ing times do I have to say it. I don't know what you mean by 'level script' unless you are referring to the scripts that play when you enter a map. All of those I found with text in it? Translated! Just like everything else!

Yes. I'M ****ING SURE. I removed the setflag command from the no option. Evidently I missed some. It's a thing I went back and did when I was pretty far in the translation.

EDIT: I just checked. Lapras was fine. I forgot where Dratini was when I went back. It's fixed in my version and if I need to release an update, that'll be fixed in it. They just have the same line of text for both script options. The scripts on (apparently almost) all of them were fixed in my release.
Old August 16th, 2011 (01:32 AM).
nanlagi
Beginning Trainer

Omgg its finnaly released xD Good job Snakebyte :D
Old August 16th, 2011 (03:09 AM).
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
Yellow town needs a healing NPC. I whited out in the first trainer I ran across to. Make the mother heal our pokemon just like in the original game where she always says, you look tired blah blah blah..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 16th, 2011 (03:16 AM).
xXxLugia
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
Yellow town needs a healing NPC. I whited out in the first trainer I ran across to. Make the mother heal our pokemon just like in the original game where she always says, you look tired blah blah blah..
it doesnt need npc if u take elekid with u.
Old August 16th, 2011 (03:16 AM).
Smallbirdie
Lurker Extraordinaire!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
It's been mentioned. The Search bar is there to help you. Page 187.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte
Yellow Town does not have a healing script. I was going to add one, but forgot. If I need to release a bugfixed update, this will be included.

"My Microsoft is broken!" When you fix computers and hear the sweet old lady say this one to you, be afraid.
Old August 16th, 2011 (03:27 AM).
nasonex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallbirdie View Post
It's been mentioned. The Search bar is there to help you. Page 187.
I read that and I was hoping that he would release an update. I just got owned by the first trainer who just used string shot and harden. My charmander and elekid fainted because of the poison.

He fix a lot of minor bugs/glitches so maybe now he can release an update.

Just saying. I still can't beat the bug catcher..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 16th, 2011 (03:50 AM).
nasonex

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxLugia View Post
this game is not 4 u if u cant beat the first trainer
Who are you to say that? Fine. You're the one who's strong. You're the best. Why don't you just play and keep that thoughts in your head.

Old August 16th, 2011 (03:59 AM).
xXxLugia
Togepi

Quote:

Who are you to say that? Fine. You're the one who's strong. You're the best. Why don't you just play and keep that thoughts in your head.
ok ok calm down i was just kidding
Old August 16th, 2011 (04:08 AM).
Kroso
Feels like a failure
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Gentle
Dude,first of all do not say that to anyone,everyone starts somewhere,so who cares if you can't beat the first trainer it took me 5 tries to beat him with a Charmander.
Edit-Learn grammar please,I learned how to write well,and so can you.
Ontopic-This hack is by far the best graphics wise hack completed,and must I say congratulation to Snakebyte who translated this in such a low amount of time.
Old August 16th, 2011 (04:24 AM).
DarkShadow
When darkness falls

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkShadow
hey im kinda of stuck, after those two girls leave the steam secret base, where do i go? its like the base above the dragon gym

Making a Mix Cd of rap songs pm me if you want to hear them.
i need a scripter so please pm me thank you.

Old August 16th, 2011 (05:33 AM). Edited August 16th, 2011 by pixiefroggy.
pixiefroggy
Awesome Ace Trainer:P

ummm... I was talking to the safari zone girl at the counter and they don't let me in, they just say, "Okay, I'll be waiting whenever you're ready," or something like that after I choose which zone I want.

NEVERMIND! ;; i got it to work.

Pokabu Flavored Pringles?
Old August 16th, 2011 (05:35 AM).
wahahaha
Beginning Trainer

How do you evolve the likes of Kadabra, Machoke and Graveler without trading with the NPC? I posted this question a few pages ago but i don't think the only way is to trade with the NPC for them to evolve.
Old August 16th, 2011 (06:25 AM).
DeadStillTalking
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
.....Go to the cave where you travel to get to Snowce city and in the beginning part of the cave you'll see her(Leader)
Hi guys. I did the above to meet the 7th leader, but she isn't at the gym when I go check, neither are there any trainers.
I'm not sure but did it cause a bug because I went there before meeting the leader back in the mountains?
Old August 16th, 2011 (06:49 AM). Edited August 16th, 2011 by DrFuji.
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I've just gotten up to the seventh Gym and so far my Milotic is destroying everything. It doesn't take any prisoners. It never rests. IT CREATES DEATH AND CHAOS. Anyway, just like just everyone else here: congratulations on finishing the translation, Snakebyte! You were definitely entitled to complain over MSN about the number of event Pokemon you get for free - There are thousands of them :x

Anyway, here are three oddities that I found. In these two first screens, both of these trainers in the mine didn't have the Pokemon they're talking about in their party. It seems a bit strange that they're mentioning them rather than the Pokemon they actually battled with.

In this third screen I got a *GASP* shiny Wurmple (as evidenced by the gold Pokedex number and slightly coloured alternate colours of the background). Unfortunately, it shares the same pallet as a regular Wurmple, which led me to become bewildered when I saw the stars shimmer around the sprite at the start of the battle. I am a bit disappointed that Wesley couldn't/ didn't change the shiny colours of the sprites (or at least Wurmple's at the very least) but thankfully it won't ruin the game :P I only posted here because I wanted to show this off :D

While this stuff isn't likely to be changed since the final release has been let loose, I thought that if there was ever going to be a mini-update, I should bring these to your attention. Anyway, so far this hack has been very entertaining and I hope to continue playing it soon :)
Old August 16th, 2011 (08:23 AM).
shomoher

I've just beaten the 5th Gym. But I'm just wondering where I can find a Dawn Stone?
I have a Snorunt that is over level 50 now... and I really want to evolve it to Froslass.

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old August 16th, 2011 (09:20 AM).
GliscorOwnz
DatxGuyxJosh

Stuck
How Do You Do The Puzzle In The 4th Gym ?
Old August 16th, 2011 (10:03 AM).
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahahaha View Post
How do you evolve the likes of Kadabra, Machoke and Graveler without trading with the NPC? I posted this question a few pages ago but i don't think the only way is to trade with the NPC for them to evolve.
There is no other way to evolve Kadabra and them, the only way is to trade with NPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomoher View Post
I've just beaten the 5th Gym. But I'm just wondering where I can find a Dawn Stone?
I have a Snorunt that is over level 50 now... and I really want to evolve it to Froslass.
I think you need a moon stone or sun stone, either way, there are no Dusk Stones, Dawn Stones or any new stone from the fourth and fifth generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GliscorOwnz View Post
Stuck
How Do You Do The Puzzle In The 4th Gym ?
Just follow the warps, and when you hit a correct warp,use a save state, it helps

Poketch

Old August 16th, 2011 (10:35 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
The hell? Yes. I'm sure. Every bit of Portuguese text I found has been replaced with English text. How many ****ing times do I have to say it. I don't know what you mean by 'level script' unless you are referring to the scripts that play when you enter a map. All of those I found with text in it? Translated! Just like everything else!

Yes. I'M ****ING SURE. I removed the setflag command from the no option. Evidently I missed some. It's a thing I went back and did when I was pretty far in the translation.
Okay, just chill dude =) I just wanted to be sure =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
hey im kinda of stuck, after those two girls leave the steam secret base, where do i go? its like the base above the dragon gym
Pick up the Alpha sculpture and bring it back to Prof. Jasmine =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 16th, 2011 (10:50 AM).
Trogdor the Valid
Custom User Title

Snakebyte has helped me with the majority of this game, so I've decided to quit bothering him and come here with questions. o_o

Okay. I just beat Stella, the steel gym leader. I have Whirlpool and Water Pulse, and when I go over and use Whirlpool on the, well, whirlpools, and go through, there is nothing on the other side. It's safe to assume this is not the place to go, then?

Secondly, now that I have Water Pulse, where do I go with that?

Oh, and on an unrelated side-note, stop the incessant nagging. Snakebyte has done an amazing job with translating. I have found absolutely no script errors, aside from Red being invisible in Snowce city, but he fixed that when I pointed it out. Not to mention how incredibly minor that is. So yeah, I'm not being an a**, but kindly hop off and play the English version already.
Old August 16th, 2011 (11:38 AM).
GliscorOwnz
DatxGuyxJosh

Stuck Again
Snowice City.
I Talked To The Gym Leader South Of Mt. IceStorm , But Shes Not At The Gym ..
Help Please ?
Old August 16th, 2011 (11:39 AM).
Assassian

Sorry for the repeat post, but my last wasn't very clear. I just beat the fire gym in Lauren, I went north using that log burn attack to Merydian city, to fight the gym leader. Except hes not there. I may have talked to everyone in the damn city and I don't know where he is. I know I can't go down the hole yet and I honestly have no idea where the gym leader may be. Someone please help this game has been most enjoyable up until this point.
Old August 16th, 2011 (11:54 AM).
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassian View Post
Sorry for the repeat post, but my last wasn't very clear. I just beat the fire gym in Lauren, I went north using that log burn attack to Merydian city, to fight the gym leader. Except hes not there. I may have talked to everyone in the damn city and I don't know where he is. I know I can't go down the hole yet and I honestly have no idea where the gym leader may be. Someone please help this game has been most enjoyable up until this point.
Uh... He's there. There is no script or flag that hides him... You sure you mean Merydian? Have you beaten Kosaka?

Sponsored Links