The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


View Poll Results: Which Rpg maker should I use?
RMXP 50 75.76%
RM2K3 16 24.24%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty

Why should I help you? All humans waste the life I gave to them. It's Over ...



The Septi Region:
The Septi region is a new starting region, originally it was to be a tourist hot spot, visible in such cities like Nemble City and Florist city, with large mountains to the north, and a beautiful ocean to the south, no holiday lover should be able to resist coming to the Septi Region. That was however 10 years ago ... lately very few tourists come, the reason ... Team X. Team X are a group of evil scientists who experiment on anything they can find, run by the smartest man alive, no one dares to stand in the way of their criminal activity.

Main story:
We all know how Arceus created the world of Pokémon. But, like any other god it has a opposite or an opponent or there are different religons with different gods in them. Some go as far as to say that there's parallel universes with other gods controlling them. Well, our story has all of the above, here in our world our god is none other than Shaderain, The Omega Pokémon. Shaderain was once a lonesome pokémon in the world. So, it created it's own partner, Arceus. They both became rulers of our universe and created our world and formed it with great power. Shaderain had to sacrafice 7 feathers of each element used to create life. These elements were Water,Fire,Grass,Wind,Earth,Light and Dark. Shaderain was proud of what he and Arceus made. Arceus however wanted it's own world, Arceus being a alpha Pokémon he created a portal to another empty world and left Shaderain to create his own world. Shaderain was furios and took it out on his world and made all the bad things like Death and illnesses and evil.
The seven feathers which Shaderain sacrificed were hidden from the world at Shaderain's command and have not been seen. But people fear that they will be needed to ressurect Shaderain to save our world...


Player's Story:
You've just turned 14, after living in the Town of Quanti with the Region Professor, Prof.Rick nearby, what better time that to ask for a new Pokémon. One morning when you wake up your mother tells you a bunch of newly earned trainers had left the Lab of Prof. Rick with brand new pokémon. She suggests you go see if any are left, so you go to the lab. At the front doors of the lab is your childhood rival, Ralph. Ralph claims to have gotten the last Pokemon and that there is no point of trying to get a Pokemon since they are out of stock. After having your dreams crushed, Prof. Rick exits the Lab, about to close up, realising you forgot to get one earlier, he gives you the last pokémon and the chance to be one of the first in the Septi Region to have a pokédex and fill it with the many species that are in this new land.

Features:

Costume System
Buy and wear many creative costumes imported from around the world, some Costumes effect where you can and cannot go.

Return of Battle Frontier
The battle frontier is back, with 4 new facilities and the return of the Glorious Battle Tower!!

50 new Pokémon
This is not a 100% confirmed feature, it just depends if I, or a spriter is dedicated enough to think of 50 fakemon.

Return of the G/S/C Graphics
This game is completely G/S/C styled, which includes Pokédex, Pokémon, Pokemon Menu, Bag, Overworld, Title Screen, EVERYTHING!

Screenshots:





Pokédex:
Spoiler:

#001 Shadox - Shadow + Fox
Type: Dark
Image:
Info: Shadox are very rare to find, just to see one is a privilege. The blue marks on it's back glow when it doesn't like someone or something it sees, many ancient tribes believe it contains pure power.

#002 Shadolf - Shadow + Wolf
Type: Dark
Image:
Info: Shadolf's normally travel in packs, like any other wolf tribe. When one Shadolf is attacked the other pack members vow to avenge the attacked member by seeking out the attacker.

#003 Shadeast - Shadow + Beast
Type: Dark/Fighting
Image:
Info: Upon changing to a more Beast like figure, Shadeast's can walk on two feet and use the other two more offensively, if need be. The three tales on it's back provide sensory for sight since it loses sight after evolving.



The Corruption Team:

Me - Mapping scripting and Idea plotting
PiaCarrot - Spriting
M.L.- Tiler
Icey - Music Composing



That's it for now.



__________________
gone.

Last edited by Nintendork15; July 9th, 2012 at 03:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:04 AM
cruciFICTION's Avatar
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brisbane
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
First, your title screen graphics have been lifted directly from the opening cinematic and title screen of FireRed. There's nothing against that, sure, but it's kinda obvious is all.

Second, the uhh... Rainbow Lugia? Riiiight. And seven elements? It bothers me enough when people make Light and Dark elements, but Space? Really? If you look at different cultures, the elements are usually air, water, earth, and fire. Sometimes wood, sometimes metal, very rarely light.

On a final note, the dialogue you've shown isn't exactly the best - it definitely needs to be looked over - and I'm confused as to what's going on in that first blue screen.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old August 17th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciFICTION View Post
First, your title screen graphics have been lifted directly from the opening cinematic and title screen of FireRed. There's nothing against that, sure, but it's kinda obvious is all.

Second, the uhh... Rainbow Lugia? Riiiight. And seven elements? It bothers me enough when people make Light and Dark elements, but Space? Really? If you look at different cultures, the elements are usually air, water, earth, and fire. Sometimes wood, sometimes metal, very rarely light.

On a final note, the dialogue you've shown isn't exactly the best - it definitely needs to be looked over - and I'm confused as to what's going on in that first blue screen.
The title screen shall be change, over time. As I believe I said this at first wa just me messing round with Rpg maker 2003

I thought Rainbow Lugia sounded alright :/
And in thought of seven elements I had in mind of having seven different temples one in each place of said elements.
water = Lake
Fire = Volcano
Grass = Forest
Light = Some holy place
Dark = Some abandoned Place
Space = in space.

And except from space I was trying to make them more or less like pokémon types Light being psychic.

I admit my dialogue is not the best. D:
And the Gengar in the picture is owned by Morgus. Morgus being the guy who has created corruption it's only natural he feed it to his pokémon. After being given corruption the pokémon learn a move called corruption. That's the move being shown. (I failed to screenshot it right).

That's bout it I guess :L
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:34 AM
cruciFICTION's Avatar
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brisbane
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
There's nothing particularly wrong with Rainbow Lugia, except for the fact that Lugia is usually associated with the moon while Ho-oh is associated with the sun and rainbows. Hence the Rainbow Feather in different games, and so on.

And temples? And space? I can understand light translating to Psychic type, but what would Space translate to, exactly?
I'm sorry if I'm coming across as harsh or rude. I'm just incredibly sick of clichés in games. I see it all the time in Fantasy story plot-lines. Temples and twenty different elements and all that.
I'm just of the belief that you (yes, you) can do better than that.

There's nothing particularly wrong with Rainbow Lugia, except for the fact that Lugia is usually associated with the moon while Ho-oh is associated with the sun and rainbows. Hence the Rainbow Feather in different games, and so on.

And temples? And space? I can understand light translating to Psychic type, but what would Space translate to, exactly?
I'm sorry if I'm coming across as harsh or rude. I'm just incredibly sick of clichés in games. I see it all the time in Fantasy story plot-lines. Temples and twenty different elements and all that.
I'm just of the belief that you (yes, you) can do better than that.
__________________

Last edited by cruciFICTION; August 17th, 2011 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciFICTION View Post
There's nothing particularly wrong with Rainbow Lugia, except for the fact that Lugia is usually associated with the moon while Ho-oh is associated with the sun and rainbows. Hence the Rainbow Feather in different games, and so on.

And temples? And space? I can understand light translating to Psychic type, but what would Space translate to, exactly?
I'm sorry if I'm coming across as harsh or rude. I'm just incredibly sick of clichés in games. I see it all the time in Fantasy story plot-lines. Temples and twenty different elements and all that.
I'm just of the belief that you (yes, you) can do better than that.

There's nothing particularly wrong with Rainbow Lugia, except for the fact that Lugia is usually associated with the moon while Ho-oh is associated with the sun and rainbows. Hence the Rainbow Feather in different games, and so on.

And temples? And space? I can understand light translating to Psychic type, but what would Space translate to, exactly?
I'm sorry if I'm coming across as harsh or rude. I'm just incredibly sick of clichés in games. I see it all the time in Fantasy story plot-lines. Temples and twenty different elements and all that.
I'm just of the belief that you (yes, you) can do better than that.
The reason Rainbow Lugia is Rainbow! Is he is more powerful than your average Lugia. Most people of the region he created doubt his existence because Lugia represents the Moon. Not rainbows.

I'm gonna cancel the space temple. I see your point entirely
I've been thinking about not telling what the final temple is
Thus making it more difficult to find, although when you need to find it you'll only have a limited area to search.
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:41 AM
cruciFICTION's Avatar
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brisbane
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Okay, so the temples thing, yeah, fine. I'm glad you see my point, and you can do whatever you'd like with that. Cool.

But, again, that's quite a ridiculous reasoning. "Rainbow!" is not a valid explanation to anything. I feel the need to repeat: Lugia represents the Moon, Ho-oh represents the Sun.
There is no reason (not one single reason at all) for you to have an entirely new variation of species of Lugia that has the same purpose as Ho-oh. You may as well just use Ho-oh or find a different reason to use a Lugia.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
This Lugia is a Special Lugia.
It has each element which was used to create this region fused in it's wings.
7 colours making a rainbow.
I just don't like Ho-Oh that much to use it.
__________________
gone.

Last edited by Nintendork15; August 17th, 2011 at 11:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old August 17th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Nickalooose
--------------------
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: Female
well i don't use RPG maker 2003, i use XP, so i can't imagine how hard this will be to create, good luck with that...

the Lugia thing, i kinda have to side with cruciFICTION, i'm not sure (special or not), you should make Lugia, something it is not, maybe instead of using "Rainbow Lugia" u could always just use Lugia itself, and give... Team XX, Ho-Oh, and with Team XX making eternal sunshine, and use Lugia to bring back night to the day... this was just something i thought of now, with no imagination, no research, no planning, nothing... but in any case, don't change what doesn't need to be changed, in this case, original Lugia, you may aswell create a whole new Pokémon and call it Rainbow Augia...

screenies look fine by the way, except, screen 1, the one tree isn't complete, the first blue screen isn't clear as to what it was, i actually thought it was Thunderbolt, but realised none of the Pokémon were electric types... good idea, lucky for you, this is just an idea, keep working on it, you can only get better idea's, good luck. x
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:41 PM
aragornbird's Avatar
aragornbird
(。◕‿‿◕。)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Middle-Earth
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to aragornbird Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aragornbird
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciFICTION View Post
There's nothing particularly wrong with Rainbow Lugia, except for the fact that Lugia is usually associated with the moon
NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciFICTION View Post
while Ho-oh is associated with the sun and rainbows.
NO.

Lugia and Ho-oh have nothing to do with the sun or moon. Lugia is associated with the ocean and Ho-oh with the sky (and rainbows).

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old August 18th, 2011, 01:08 AM
cruciFICTION's Avatar
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brisbane
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragornbird View Post
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


NO.


NO.

Lugia and Ho-oh have nothing to do with the sun or moon. Lugia is associated with the ocean and Ho-oh with the sky (and rainbows).

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You do realise that the ocean and the moon are closely intertwined, right? And that rainbows and the sun are equally intertwined?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Ok, after thinking I thought of something.
Quote:
After Ho-Oh and Lugia were summoned in Johto
They flew away at high speeds. Never had there paths crossed without
human interferance. Then one day the paths crossed they flew passed each other so fast that a huge power radiated off them and created an egg, an egg of dark rainbows. This egg hatched into a new legendary Pokémon, Shaderain. Shaderain was a powerful pokémon. Rumours have it that it could take Arceus down. Shaderain has so much power it found a empty void and threw all it's power into the void. The void then became a world on which Pokémon and Humans lived side by side. mAfter this world was created 7 feathers from Shaderain's wings fell down and were hidden across this new world , in fear that one day they would be needed to save the world in near future...
It uses ho-oh and lugia. If it makes you all happy. And I'm kinda proud of it. :L


The intro to the game!
Based on the new story I did (the audio didn't record so I put some different out of game music in).
And I'm aware of the grammar erros spelling mistakes and cut off words-.-
__________________
gone.

Last edited by Nintendork15; August 18th, 2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM
cruciFICTION's Avatar
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brisbane
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
So after Arceus goes about creating everything that exists ever, as goes the general idea of pokémon world creation, Lugia and Ho-oh just happen to meet each other and say, "What up?" and this makes a pokémon stronger than Arceus? Really?
That's a little over the top, I think. So are dark rainbows.

So far as I'm concerned, you may as well throw Lugia and Ho-oh out of it entirely and give Shaderain some other method of creation. Really, the only part of that that makes no sense are the parts you've adapted from other pokémon; again, the fact that Shaderain could take Arceus down and so on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciFICTION View Post
So after Arceus goes about creating everything that exists ever, as goes the general idea of pokémon world creation, Lugia and Ho-oh just happen to meet each other and say, "What up?" and this makes a pokémon stronger than Arceus? Really?
That's a little over the top, I think. So are dark rainbows.

So far as I'm concerned, you may as well throw Lugia and Ho-oh out of it entirely and give Shaderain some other method of creation. Really, the only part of that that makes no sense are the parts you've adapted from other pokémon; again, the fact that Shaderain could take Arceus down and so on.
Shaderain created a world in a different universe than Arceus. So, if it can make worlds just like Arceus it's possible it could defeat Arceus. Because really every pokémon could take down Arceus by themselves it is possible. All Arceus did was create the Pokémon world. Not become invincible.

And besides arceus is not related to the story-line at all and does not appear in game. If you want I shall get rid of the Arceus bit.

And Lugia and Ho-Oh passes cross for a split second due to the high speed their flying at. The speed the use and the power they have are let out and then sealed into Shaderain's egg. They do not know of said egg. The egg vanished into another universe.
__________________
gone.

Last edited by Nintendork15; August 18th, 2011 at 10:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
We all know how Arceus created the world of Pokémon. But, like any other god it has a opposite or an opponent or there are different religons with different gods in them. Some go as far as to say that there's parallel universes with other gods controlling them. Well, our story has all of the above, here in our world our god is none other than Shaderain, The Omega Pokémon. Shaderain was once a lonesome pokémon in the world. So, it created it's own partner, Arceus. They both became rulers of our universe and created our world and formed it with great power. Shaderain had to sacrafice 7 feathers of each element used to create life. These elements were Water,Fire,Grass,Wind,Earth,Light and Dark. Shaderain was proud of what he and Arceus made. Arceus however wanted it's own world, Arceus being a alpha Pokémon he created a portal to another empty world and left Shaderain to create his own world. Shaderain was furios and took it out on his world and made all the bad things like Death and illnesses and evil.
The seven feathers which Shaderain sacrificed were hidden from the world at Shaderain's command and have not been seen. But people fear that they will be needed to ressurect Shaderain to save our world...

Made after a long time of thinking. D:
thoughts?
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
cruciFICTION's Avatar
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brisbane
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I'm going to sound like a broken record here when I say I still don't think that Arceus is necessary; Shaderain should be able to stand alone. And I'll still sound like a broken record when I say I don't like "Light" and "Dark" being "elements" (not to mention that "Grass" and "Earth" are essentially the same, so far as conventional elements go).

That said, I really like that mythos. I like that Shaderain got annoyed and created bad things, and I especially like that he's required to stop some so-far unknown evil (it'd be a nice little twist if Shaderain was still a mean prick, though).
I also like the Bible reference to the "Omega" pokémon. That's nice, that is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old August 20th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Arceus is in the story because Shaderain gets angry at arceus and creates most evil things. And yeah you guesssed it he will be a prick. He now no longer trusts anything. Not even humans he regrets making them. But I'm not to say to much.

Anyway I got bored last night and tried spriting Shaderain ... I failed at scratching it, So I spliced it.
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:14 PM
mustafa505's Avatar
mustafa505
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hoenn Region :P
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mustafa505 Send a message via Yahoo to mustafa505
Hey its on PC too :O Shaderain sprites needs some works on shading, other than that it looks like a brother of arcues
__________________
~Red~ Signature


My GPX Page: GPX - User Page
Mustafa505

XD
My (H)acks:
Pokemon Chronicles
PC Page:

The Pokecommunity Mustafa505 - User Page
Projects:

Epic Words From a Mod From PC:
"What I mean by this is,
I'm not strict like MOST people *cough* Admins/Mods *cough* on this site.
And no not all Admins/Mods are like that,
but MOST are,
Post this in your sign.
if you are PC Viruse free!"





Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old August 21st, 2011, 02:33 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
I was aiming for a brother of arceus look.
But, I rushed it so I'll go over it tonite.
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old August 22nd, 2011, 03:09 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
I'm wondering on whether I should use RMXP or RM2K3 ?
If I use RMXP I'd be able to make a release sooner because I would have to create each and every Pokémon I want to appear.
I'm going to add a poll as well... Please vote.

Just testing with RMXP
If I use RMXP it shall be in HG/SS style.


I'm aware of the Tile Errors.
And all the overworlds except Gold (I like gold) are placeholders.
__________________
gone.

Last edited by Nintendork15; August 22nd, 2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:37 AM
MilesG170's Avatar
MilesG170
Team Enigma Founder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
I say RM2K/3 just because everyone uses XP. Now, with that being said, if you find XP more enjoyable, use that. I am using XP, even though I have RM2K/3. I just find XP easier, with the kit and all. I guess it comes down to whether you want to script or event more, since 2K is so event based for everything. Come to think of it, forget my vote. Go with whichever you enjoy more. That is what my team keeps telling me.
__________________
Founder of Team Enigma.
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old August 22nd, 2011, 05:08 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesG170 View Post
I say RM2K/3 just because everyone uses XP. Now, with that being said, if you find XP more enjoyable, use that. I am using XP, even though I have RM2K/3. I just find XP easier, with the kit and all. I guess it comes down to whether you want to script or event more, since 2K is so event based for everything. Come to think of it, forget my vote. Go with whichever you enjoy more. That is what my team keeps telling me.
I enjoy them both the same.
But, think of it this way
RMXP = Earlier Release
RM2k3 = A gazillion years till release.

Player's Story:
You play as a 15 year old child who has helped injured Pokémon since you were 5. Since then you have become a huge fan of become. So, a couple weeks back you applied to become a member of Litania Town fan club, a small but cosy fan club. Today, a letter returns saying your denied membership. Your mom blames the lack of pokémon/experience. She recomends you find Prof. Ludson the local Professor and kindly ask for a Pokémon. When going to Ludson Labs a tall blonde trainer blocks the door claiming Professor. Ludson is not in and has gone to explore the forest for some reason. Out of curiosity you follow, once entering the forest you hear a loud sound of a Regice. Further exploration you see Prof. Ludson being hassled by a man. You pick a pokéball from a bag and fight this mysterious wanderer off. As a reward Prof. Ludson gives you the Pikachu you used to help rescue him. Then you leave for your journey into the Septi Region.



I forgot to make it so the Player faces the Rocket.
But I'll put it in soon.



Fully mapped the PC
and made the Hero OW instead of using Gold XD
__________________
gone.

Last edited by Nintendork15; August 22nd, 2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty

Rival Varion battle 1 script is done :D
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
cruciFICTION's Avatar
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brisbane
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Varion's battle sprite looks a little bit odd. It's too obviously mashed together from obvious things. Aside from that, your script (as in dialogue and such) needs a lot of work.
If you'd like a hand with that, I'd be happy to proofread it.

EDIT: For example:
Quote:
Player's Story:
You play as a fifteen (avoid using numbers for ages. I know it's "easier", but it's professional to write the number out if it's under 100) year old child (fifteen years old isn't really a child) who has helped injured Pokémon since he was five ("you were" changes the tense and the point of view. Same deal with the numbers). Since then you have become a huge fan of Pokémon (not become). So, a couple of weeks back, you applied to become a member of Litania Town's fan club, a small but cosy group (saying fan club again here is too repetitive).
(new line) Today, a letter returned saying you were (you use "your" a lot, and incorrectly, too) denied membership. Your mom blames your ("the" lack makes it sound too general, like there's some region-wide lack of pokémon) lack of pokémon and (don't use slashes in this sort of writing. Looks very unprofessional) experience. She recomends you find Prof. Ludson, the local Pokémon Professor, and kindly ask for a Pokémon.
(new line) When going to Ludson Labs, a tall blonde trainer blocks the door claiming Professor Ludson is not in, and has gone to explore the forest for some reason. Out of curiosity you follow. Once you enter the forest, you hear the loud call of a Regice. After further exploration, you see Prof. Ludson being hassled by a man. You pick up Prof. Ludson's pokéball and fight the mysterious wanderer off. As a reward, Prof. Ludson gives you the Pikachu you used. You then leave for your journey around the Septi Region.
I like the name "Septi" region. It's a good name, that is.
__________________

Last edited by cruciFICTION; August 23rd, 2011 at 11:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Thanks.
As you may have guessed, despite english being my main language I suck at it.
You can help me with dialogue if you want, I'd appreciate it.

As for Varion, his sprite is a Splice atm. I suck at scratching them.
But I hope to change his sprite in the future.
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old August 23rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
DarkDoom3000's Avatar
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Zealand
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
As a user of Rm2k3, I would say use RMXP.

The reason i chose to use Rm2k3 is because I have years of experience with it. I tried RmXP, but it took way too long to do what I wanted it to do. To do anyhting as efficently as Rm2k3 you would have to learn ruby, it was more flexable, but would take me longer to do stuff.

If you're starting off fresh RMXP is probably a better choice. be prepared to learn Ruby though, or you won't get too far.
__________________
Beta 0.73 is out
Thread | Website | Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.