Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > PC Events > PokéCommunity Get-Together 8
Notices

PokéCommunity Get-Together 8 PokéCommunity Get-Together 8 has ended! Thanks for participating!
The Get-Together forum will no longer be visible from July 31.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:35 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
not bad so far, but this is still in the idea/concept stage rite?
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:28 PM
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
not bad so far,
Complete understatement. XD
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:34 PM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty

Miscellaneous Information

This post will consist of random info that doesn't deserve its own post.

New Attacks
Feral Cry - - - 100 BP - 90% Acc - 10 PP - Lowers opponent's Special Defense by 1 Stage - Exclusive move for Mandibuzz - Tutor Move (Must know Mystic Bone trait)
War Charge - - - 100 BP - 90% Acc - 10 PP - Lowers opponent's Defense by 1 Stage - Exclusive move for Braviary - Tutor Move (Must know War Bonnet trait)

Frost - - - -- BP - 75% Acc - 15 PP - Fills the area with cold air that freezes the opponent in its place - Legre Gym TM
Magic Trick - - - 35 BP - 90% Acc - 10 PP - Astounds the opponent with its magical prowess and puts the opponent to sleep - Asgarde Gym TM
Transfusion - - - -- BP - 90% Acc - 10 PP - Surrounds the opponent in a mysterious aura that saps 1/8th of the opponent's HP per turn and restores the user's HP by the same amount - Heimdawl Gym TM
Riptide - - - 60 BP - 100% Acc - 20 PP - Sweeps the opponent off its feet with a burst of water and lowers their speed by one stage - Aeger Gym TM
Life Drain - - - 75 BP - 100% Acc - 10 PP - Summons dark power from within and attacks the opponent while ½ of the damage dealt will be restored to the user as HP - Fenris Gym TM
Nova Blast - - - 50 BP - 100% Acc - 20 PP - Super charges the body and barrages the opponent with potent molten rocks that double in power for every turn it is used successfully. Limited to 250 BP (works like Fury Cutter) - Glenodin Gym TM
Rainbow Waltz - - - 70 BP - 100% Acc - 10 PP - User releases a wave of positive energy that has a 40% chance of raising the user's Special Attack - Badonna Gym TM
Sacrifice - - - -- BP - --% Acc - 5 PP - Uses all of its remaining energy which causes it to faint but the next Pokemon brought in gets +1 in all of its stats - Ebilokii Gym TM

Regal Song - - - -- BP - --% Acc - 20 PP - Increases the user's Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed by 1 stage - Benevolunt only
Ragnarok - - - 100 BP - 100% Acc - 10 PP - The user summons a massive... spoon and slashes the opponent. Can hit through Dark-types's immunity - Mewtwo only

Flame Lance - - - 95 BP - 100% Acc - 15 PP - The Pokemon summons a flaming lance and tosses it at the opponent
Ice Blade - - - 95 BP - 100% Acc - 15 PP - The Pokemon summons a frosty blade and slashes the opponent
Thunder Drop - - - 95 BP - 100% Acc - 15 PP - The Pokemon summons a charged hammer and drops it on the opponent

Plasma Flux - - - 80 BP - 100% Acc - 15 PP -  The Pokemon lobs a wave of plasma at the opponent which may leave a burn
Meteor Shower - - - 120 BP - 85% Acc - 5 PP - The Pokemon uses an explosive meteor from the sky to damage the opponent
Possess - - - 100 BP - 95% Acc - 10 PP - The Pokemon takes over the opponent temporarily and causes it to damage itself
Ambush - - - 80 BP - 100% Acc - 15 PP - The Pokemon sneaks up on the opponent and damages it from behind which may cause the opponent to flinch
Teleport Punch - - - 80 BP - 100% Acc - 5 PP - The Pokemon teleports and lands a powerful punch (Psychic-type Extremespeed)
Smog Cloud - - - 65 BP - 90% Acc - 15 PP - Releases a plume of lava, ash and smoke that poisons the opponent.

grass
ground
fighting
steel
poison
dragon

Small changes to existing moves/Pokémon/etc.
  • Finneon learns Quiver Dance at Level 32. Lumineon learns it at Level 41

Porygon-Z Forms

The Thorton Labs have taken the Porygon Project to a whole new level. They have used the unsanctioned Team Galactic Project "Porygon-Z" and made a whole new set of programs for your everyday use!

Angel Form
HP- 85
ATK- 65
DEF- 70
SATK- 100
SDEF- 70
SPEED- 145

Lunar Form
HP- 85
ATK- 125
DEF- 55
SATK- 125
SDEF- 55
SPEED- 90

Retro Form
HP- 85
ATK- 80
DEF- 70
SATK- 135
SDEF- 75
SPEED- 90

Trojan Form
HP- 85
ATK- 150
DEF- 85
SATK- 40
SDEF- 65
SPEED- 110

Firewall Form
HP- 85
ATK- 50
DEF- 135
SATK- 50
SDEF- 135
SPEED- 70

Silver Magikarp/Platinum Gyarados

The Silver Magikarp population was said to have come into existence due to an overexposure to a potent pool of dew. All members of the species have a 1% appearance on all rods in all bodies of water. Unlike normal Magikarp, the silver variants are fierce competitors and said to closely resemble the draconian behavior exhibited by the species' ancestors.

When they evolve, they become Platinum Gyarados. This variant of the species has the same exact stat spread but is Water/Dragon instead of Water/Flying. Their temperament is also much more calm then normal Gyarados (though they are still prone to the occasional outburst. However, it is less destructive than normal). Because of this, Platinum Gyarados are incapable of learning Maelstrom.

Silver Magikarp
Water
Exclusive Trait: Mystic Scales
HP- 20
ATK- 65
DEF- 55
SATK- 15
SDEF- 40
SPEED- 80

-- Tackle
-- Splash
10 Water Gun
15 Dragon Rage
20 Flail
25 Aqua Tail
30 Rain Dance
35 Dragon Dance
40 Hydro Pump

Platinum Gyarados
Water/Dragon
Exclusive Trait: Mystic Scales
HP- 95
ATK- 135
DEF- 79
SATK- 60
SDEF- 100
SPEED- 81

-- Thrash
-- Ice Fang
-- Thunderfang
-- Fire Fang
20 Bite
25 Aqua Tail
30 Rain Dance
35 Dragon Tail
40 Dragon Dance
45 Hydro Pump
50 Outrage

Last edited by mystletainn; December 8th, 2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:43 PM
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!

I am so catching a silver magikarp and naming it Ugly. ^.^

Great to hear that stuff is going along and you've started mapping!
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:57 AM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

First glimpse of Diane in action. As you can see her secret witch power is turning into a giant and becoming a creepy man fetus at any moment!
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

She looks amazing Luke. However she seems rather large in comparison to the other characters, are the NPCs placeholders at the moment (I think they are since that map was from a beginner pack or whatever)?

It looks great though. :] I hope you can get someone to sprite the back and side sprites!
WORTH
Old August 18th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Minezumi
ミネズミ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Aero View Post
She looks amazing Luke. However she seems rather large in comparison to the other characters, are the NPCs placeholders at the moment (I think they are since that map was from a beginner pack or whatever)?

It looks great though. :] I hope you can get someone to sprite the back and side sprites!
Thank you~

And I'm positive that he's gonna use B/W npcs.
The map isn't in-game, but the test map in Pkmn Essentials.
And it's still a wip.

"The sky's the limit," but "Hope is the pillar that holds up the world."
Old August 18th, 2011, 06:23 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Nature: Serious
Me and Minezumi/sm97 make good sprites (actually overworlds), Check 'em out at dA.

omega.
No information yet.
Old August 18th, 2011, 06:56 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

dude, did you really just advertise in a super moderators topic? not a wise choice.. but she looks nice luke, it would be nice to see her in her actual enviroment
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013

Last edited by KingCharizard; August 18th, 2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old August 18th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Minezumi
ミネズミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post
Me and Minezumi/sm97 make good sprites (actually overworlds), Check 'em out at dA.
Snivy, he already knows I'm an overworld spriter. I made the video. If you watched it to the end you'd see it. And I'm actually with KingCharizard in this one. NEVER advertise on a s-mod's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
dude, did you really just advertise in a super moderators topic? not a wise choice.. but she looks nice luke, it would be nice to see her in her actually enviroment
Thanks for the compliment. In the next video, I'll have her somewhere more appealing and around B/W styled overworlds, so don't worry.

Hooray! I finally finished the sprite! I think the map looks good too.

Last edited by Minezumi; August 18th, 2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:05 AM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

*infracts for double posting*

No but seriously she looks soooo good. I love the way her ponytail bounces back and forth when she walks. Can't wait to see what you do for the other OWs in my game when the time comes. :)
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Minezumi
ミネズミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
*infracts for double posting*

No but seriously she looks soooo good. I love the way her ponytail bounces back and forth when she walks. Can't wait to see what you do for the other OWs in my game when the time comes.
*reported for double posting*

I worked hard on it. And once you gives me more arts, I'll start :D

Old August 18th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Kyo The Pro
I'm the Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minezumi View Post
*reported for double posting*

I worked hard on it. And once you gives me more arts, I'll start :D
The diane sprite looks awesome when I first saw the concept art I thought no sprite would be able to do it justice
lol i quoted wrong post but eh who cares
Thing I've learned

If nippon ichi isn't making soul nomad 2 I will This I swear

Favorite games
1.Soul Nomad
2.Shining force exa
3.most dbz fighting games
4.naruto ultimate ninja 2 (shino chidori ftw)
5.God eater/Disgaea/Mass effect
Thing I've Noticed
That I'm coming up with Random stuff to make the scroll bar activate
I'm an angry person
This looks way better on midnight misty theme
Random quotes
"Who's the baddest of the bad, maddest of the mad, killer of kings, and destroyer of worlds"-gig
"Everyone needs to die."-revya
Alt account
Kyouya
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Minezumi
ミネズミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo The Pro View Post
The diane sprite looks awesome when I first saw the concept art I thought no sprite would be able to do it justice
lol i quoted wrong post but eh who cares
Hehe, thanks :D

My next priority will be running and HM usage.

Old August 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
~DarkAchu~
Shady Character Lurking Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minezumi View Post
Hehe, thanks :D

My next priority will be running and HM usage.
I thought Diane uses magic not HMs? or will she only use HMs before she learns Magic?

I also saw that lotad is in the pokedex YAYYAYAYAY :3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diamond FC: 2836 1970 7214 OT: Scott
HG: 3181 5060 5848 OT Scott
White: 4298 2213 8887 OT Dark
X: 4597-0519-6286
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Minezumi
ミネズミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DarkAchu~ View Post
I thought Diane uses magic not HMs? or will she only use HMs before she learns Magic?

I also saw that lotad is in the pokedex YAYYAYAYAY :3
I meant the overworld sprite, like when you use an HM.
It is magic.

Old August 19th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Beegu
Is Waldo

Nature: Adamant
Wow! Diane's OW looks pretty good!. Yes, in the first one, she looked a bit too big, but I think you've fixed that. This is coming along great! The environment is not in a black & white style, nice. Also the name-choosing thing seems to be working pretty well. I hope there is a male character soon though. Besides that, once again, the progress on this game is amazing! I can't wait for he demo!
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Spoiler:

Alesandra
Fenris City
Female Rival

A confident young woman whom the main character runs into often throughout the game. She comes from a wealthy family in Fenris Island. Much like the other residents of the island, she speaks English poorly and often peppers her speech with French phrases. Alesandra set out on her journey with her heart-nosed Spoink mainly to find the cloaked man who saved her from a nasty accident when she was younger. Like the main character and Gavin, she finds herself caught up in the devious plot endangering all of Kulema.

She has no preference in Pokemon and catches what interests her.

Spoiler:

Gavin
The Ragnarof Deserts
Male Rival

A young man who sought to escape the nomadic lifestyle of the Ragnarof Deserts through a career in music. He's only looking for a purpose in life and he eventually finds one in a friendship with Diane/Apollo and Alesandra. Pokemon battling was never really his thing but he hopes to become good enough at it so that people will also pay attention to his music. His Jigglypuff accompanies him in all of his performances.

His Pokemon are all musically inclined.

Last edited by mystletainn; August 23rd, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:18 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Very cool art; hope it translates well to the ingame character sets
just saw diane video, very impressive.

Good Luck
Beta 0.73 is out
Thread | Website | Blog
Old August 25th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Minezumi
ミネズミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
Very cool art; hope it translates well to the ingame character sets
just saw diane video, very impressive.

Good Luck
:D Thank you!
I'm gonna try REALLY hard to make these look good.

Old August 30th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Wow, the video looks so good. Diane's sprite is amazing. :3 Minezumi did a great job with it.

Alexial also did an amazing job with the art. I want to play this game now. ;o;

can't let this thread die. ;-;
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old August 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM
mystletainn
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Spoiler:

A little under a year ago, four strange looking witches appeared at the Great Tree of Yggdra and proclaimed that they would personally burn it down. It was their mother's wish and they could never disappoint their mother. Since then, they've appeared randomly; sometimes alone and sometimes together; and performed small acts of terrorism around around Kulema. Since their appearance, small tidbits of information of popped up about them:

Despite their almost cartoon-ish appearances, they do seem to be related. Each specializes in different kinds of magic however. They each carry around a different kind of sword but have never been seen using it in any matter other than performing magic.

Gemina - Also known as the "Grey Witch" and apparently the de facto leader when "Mother" isn't around. She wears a long hooded cloak that she uses to conceal her beautiful face most of the time. Demonic in appearance and behavior. She can turn her body into an invulnerable steel-like material. Her Pokemon are defensive in nature.
Spoiler:

Virgil - The only male of the group who calls himself the "Green Witch." Incredibly vain by nature, he uses his beauty and charm (and control over powerful spores) to get others to do his bidding. He proclaims the be the best swordsman in all the land but incapable of dueling due to a powerful magic sealed within his body.
Spoiler:

Leone - Easily the strongest physically of the four and otherwise known as the "Brown Witch." She is often confused as a male. She is incredibly protective of Scorpia and would do anything for her. She is rumored to have picked up an airplane on her own and tossed it ten feet in a fit of rage. She often clashes with Virgil on courses of action.
Spoiler:

Scorpia - The youngest of the witches who calls herself the "Blue Witch." Despite her nearly cherubic appearance, she is the most sadistic and potentially powerful of the four witches. It's been reported that she created the massive whirlpools that has locked Kulema in water-wise from the rest of the world. When angered, she begins to twist the knife in the back of her Cubchoo doll. This usually leads to a big boom in the nearby vicinity.
Spoiler:

Last edited by mystletainn; November 24th, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:55 AM
GAOlivier
Beginning Trainer

Wow, Luke. You've got yourself quite the game here :O
It's amazing. The storyline and artwork catch my eyes most. The OW sprite of Diane is really good, too.
All those character bios seem well thought out.
A lake of lava seems practically impossible, as it would become stone right away. Unless you have like a super boiler under it, and have the lava flow constantly. But it's a world of magic and Pokémon, so who cares? xD
On another note, Have you decided on a trait for Bravery yet?

This looks like a really good game so far, and I hope you'll finish it someday. (The bigger projects usually die sooner than the smaller ones, of course, but with enough determination, I'm sure you can do it.)
Good luck.

Old August 31st, 2011, 06:16 AM
PokéLegend
Beginning Trainer

Just a tip of advice, imo, i think that scorpia's signature pokemon should be drapion, cuz, u know it goes with her name :3

Just saying, everything else looks good
Old August 31st, 2011, 07:05 AM
GAOlivier
Beginning Trainer

Skorupi would fit it even better xD

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links