Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which name is better?
Shining Orbs 27 75.00%
Shiny Diamond 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Minezumi's Avatar
Minezumi
ミネズミ
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Route 1, Unova
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest

Advertise here
I come bearing bad news...
I really don't have time to map for you anymore. So just take that Sunring map and do whatever with it. I'm really sorry, dude. There are tons of mappers out there.

Also, what the heck is this?
~~~~~Help with Neo-Spriteman~~~~~
Dewitty, Kymontian, Calis Project, Bulbapedia.net ~ Help
Dewitty, Bulbapedia.Bulbagarden.net, Nintendo, Chocosrawloid, Kymotonian, milomilotic11, and<--They didn't help me! I did it by myself Neo-Spriteman ~ Pokemon BW Trainers

"The sky's the limit," but "Hope is the pillar that holds up the world."
  #77    
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:01 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kalos
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minezumi View Post
I come bearing bad news...
I really don't have time to map for you anymore. So just take that Sunring map and do whatever with it. I'm really sorry, dude. There are tons of mappers out there.

Also, what the heck is this?
~~~~~Help with Neo-Spriteman~~~~~
Dewitty, Kymontian, Calis Project, Bulbapedia.net ~ Help
Dewitty, Bulbapedia.Bulbagarden.net, Nintendo, Chocosrawloid, Kymotonian, milomilotic11, and<--They didn't help me! I did it by myself Neo-Spriteman ~ Pokemon BW Trainers
Okay, now I will hire an another mapper because Minezumi will quit at SO team.
And, I deleted those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerab01 View Post
From what I can see is your style is not cohesive. You have the 5th gen sprites with the 4th gen indoor tiles, and some of your outdoor tiles do not look that great with the transparency.
The 4th gen tiles are placeholders.

omega.
No information yet.

Last edited by TheMarkCrafter; August 5th, 2011 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #78    
Old August 5th, 2011, 07:11 AM
KingCharizard's Avatar
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Everything is place holder this place holder that, outdated and unfinished.. why are you even still trying.. you dont seems to understand how creating a video game works... You never give the proper credits and you refuse to listen to advice..

in your video: You seem to be using a dual screen but only recorded half the screen.. your maps are open and bland i've said this before.. so if the video is out dated update it. and for godsake dont use the perspective view mode... it doesn't work porperly.. and your transition to outdoors in the beginning is an error..
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013

Last edited by KingCharizard; August 5th, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
  #79    
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:01 PM
tylerab01's Avatar
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
Everything is place holder this place holder that, outdated and unfinished.. why are you even still trying.. you dont seems to understand how creating a video game works... You never give the proper credits and you refuse to listen to advice..

in your video: You seem to be using a dual screen but only recorded half the screen.. your maps are open and bland i've said this before.. so if the video is out dated update it. and for godsake dont use the perspective view mode... it doesn't work porperly.. and your transition to outdoors in the beginning is an error..
It is his fault if he does not want to take advice from people who know what they are doing.

I also want credits for the OW sprites, because I ripped and resized them for CNG.

  #80    
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:08 PM
titiy
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerab01 View Post
It is his fault if he does not want to take advice from people who know what they are doing.

I also want credits for the OW sprites, because I ripped and resized them for CNG.
It's true. All he's doing so far is wasting his time, if he'd listen to the suggestions, his game would end up a lot better then it will and people will want to play it. As of right now, I doubt anyone will.
  #81    
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:17 PM
tylerab01's Avatar
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by titiy View Post
It's true. All he's doing so far is wasting his time, if he'd listen to the suggestions, his game would end up a lot better then it will and people will want to play it. As of right now, I doubt anyone will.
I want to play a game that looks good, and the people who HELPED created it get the proper credit.

  #82    
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Please try to remain on topic here, or this thread will be locked.
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537
  #83    
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Yagerbomb's Avatar
Yagerbomb
←Apple Jack
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Magical Land of Cheeseburgers and Liquor
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I have something to say:

It appears that you are using the name "iPhone" as a key item in the game. The name iPhone is an Apple (R) trademark and you must have legal permission from the company to use the trademark. I know that Nintendo and Gamefreak have a trademark on Pokemon, but I believe that the Pokemon name and etc. can be used for non-profit purposes. Apple however, is not the same. Don't look at this as nagging, look at it as a heads-up.

Legal Trademark Guidelines

Team Apple Jack My RP -Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age

RP's I am In:

New World Order as Arro Malthesis
  #84    
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Rai Rai's Avatar
Rai Rai
Master of everything!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagerbomb View Post
I have something to say:

It appears that you are using the name "iPhone" as a key item in the game. The name iPhone is an Apple (R) trademark and you must have legal permission from the company to use the trademark. I know that Nintendo and Gamefreak have a trademark on Pokemon, but I believe that the Pokemon name and etc. can be used for non-profit purposes. Apple however, is not the same. Don't look at this as nagging, look at it as a heads-up.

Legal Trademark Guidelines
Doubt he will get in trouble for it as yeah that would look great for them, Apple moaning at a guy who's making a fan game.
  #85    
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Yagerbomb's Avatar
Yagerbomb
←Apple Jack
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Magical Land of Cheeseburgers and Liquor
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai Rai View Post
Doubt he will get in trouble for it as yeah that would look great for them, Apple moaning at a guy who's making a fan game.
Apple's good at keeping stuff under wraps. Who knows what they would do. I'm just giving a heads-up.

Team Apple Jack My RP -Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age

RP's I am In:

New World Order as Arro Malthesis
  #86    
Old August 13th, 2011, 05:44 PM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kalos
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Well, I am changing the iPhone into "Poke-Mobile" or "Poke-Phone"
And, I removed most of the credit because now I am using Essentials, yeah the normal one.

omega.
No information yet.
  #87    
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Gmack's Avatar
Gmack
I'm back!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida, USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gmack
For once, you did something right.
Going with plain old essentials is a good move. Most noobs go with the big flashy kits that give them brand-new features.
Also, you might wanna use different tiles. Try going with standard d/p, or hgss style graphics, although i know you want your game to be big and awesome. Next step is learning how to map better, and taking more responsibility in your game. Instead of only doing only one or two things, you should do most of the things, and have a couple team members. You might say that you don't know how to map, and you need tutorials, but honestly, you don't. (might've already said this) Look at others' maps. Look at the things they do, and learn(not copy) how to map yourself, not having someone teach you.
Also, when you're making your game thread, you shouldn't use memes for your spoiler titles. Just call it what it is.
There's a lot more i could tell you, but to save time, i'll tell you later. Hope you listen to someone for once! :D
(And i also hope that you actually read through that whole block-o-text. :3)
Official Blog :: http://gmacksblawg.wordpress.com/

Official Website :: http://gavinsblawg.webs.com/about
  #88    
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Kyo The Pro's Avatar
Kyo The Pro
I'm the Doctor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Story and plot.
The Ueno starters are just the Johto starters. Why would team plasma make Cyrus their leader his goals aren't even similar to theirs'. "Wait, there is that newly discovered region of Ueno!"----"he releases an army of mutant Pokemon upon Ueno, to stall the military" When in this time frame did they get a military and gyms and gym leaders

Screenshots
Prof.Araragi is blurry and thats the default line so what are you showing off.
The Bedroom is way too big.
In the iphone screen the count is messed up.
in the next one the tree are messed up and there's a line going through them which can probably be fixed in paint.
The lab is to wide open and empty.

Feature
Combined with the story and plot I see no reason to play this or anything that make it unique.

Thing you've said
Whats the point of making a game if your not even writing the story or contributing to it the most,and when you say spriting a little what sprites are you making or have made.
"@Everyone who annoyed me"
so people who offer advice or tell you you did something wrong annoy you.

On June 25 you made the screenshots it is august 18 nothing you have shown since can really be called progress.
  #89    
Old August 18th, 2011, 08:26 PM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kalos
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo The Pro View Post
Story and plot.
The Ueno starters are just the Johto starters. Why would team plasma make Cyrus their leader his goals aren't even similar to theirs'. "Wait, there is that newly discovered region of Ueno!"----"he releases an army of mutant Pokemon upon Ueno, to stall the military" When in this time frame did they get a military and gyms and gym leaders

Screenshots
Prof.Araragi is blurry and thats the default line so what are you showing off.
The Bedroom is way too big.
In the iphone screen the count is messed up.
in the next one the tree are messed up and there's a line going through them which can probably be fixed in paint.
The lab is to wide open and empty.

Feature
Combined with the story and plot I see no reason to play this or anything that make it unique.

Thing you've said
Whats the point of making a game if your not even writing the story or contributing to it the most,and when you say spriting a little what sprites are you making or have made.
"@Everyone who annoyed me"
so people who offer advice or tell you you did something wrong annoy you.

On June 25 you made the screenshots it is august 18 nothing you have shown since can really be called progress.
@Kyo The Pro
Stop it guys, you say the story is boring/pointless, flamemaster made it
AND THE SCREENSHOTS WILL BE DELETED UNTIL I GET NEW ONES!
And did you even looked at the other games? Alot of games choose their own choice of starters, I mean. Did you even saw Pokemon XENOTIME? It has Bulbsaur, Cyndaquil, and Mudkip as starters. Sigh.

omega.
No information yet.
  #90    
Old August 19th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: Female
Well done King Snivy, i think your making progress, even if it is just a little a day, some people, try too much at one go, and completely fail, keep doing the little things, you can only get better =), maybe try working on your mapping a little, i'm not that good a mapper myself, but i try my hardest to make the maps look like I want them, create your game, if people want to play, good for you, the ones that don't, just think of it as "it's their loss".

I like the animated intro too, good work. x
  #91    
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:43 AM
flamemaster's Avatar
flamemaster
No school like the old school
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MI
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
just so everyone know's, i did make the story. :/
but it wasnt supposed to be about cyrus, kingsnivy edited so as to make it confusing and stupid, i do not take any credit for the story, as i did'nt put much time into it, and it was made monthes ago.
once again, this is now basicly kingsnivy's own story, since he edited it.
flamemaster~
Kickin it, old school
Grass - Fire - Water
Who will you choose?
  #92    
Old August 19th, 2011, 07:42 AM
cruciFICTION's Avatar
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brisbane
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post

@Kyo The Pro
Stop it guys, you say the story is boring/pointless, flamemaster made it
AND THE SCREENSHOTS WILL BE DELETED UNTIL I GET NEW ONES!
And did you even looked at the other games? Alot of games choose their own choice of starters, I mean. Did you even saw Pokemon XENOTIME? It has Bulbsaur, Cyndaquil, and Mudkip as starters. Sigh.
So here is a post wherein you prove that there's another thing you're not doing, and you're also flaming another game. Good work, young man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
Well done King Snivy, i think your making progress, even if it is just a little a day, some people, try too much at one go, and completely fail, keep doing the little things, you can only get better =), maybe try working on your mapping a little, i'm not that good a mapper myself, but i try my hardest to make the maps look like I want them, create your game, if people want to play, good for you, the ones that don't, just think of it as "it's their loss".

I like the animated intro too, good work. x
The main problem is that the progress doesn't seem to be pushed along by KingSnivy himself. It appears to be done basically by everybody else.
  #93    
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: Female
it doesn't matter what starter, you start with in my opinion, as long as your character gets one right, there is nothing stopping a creator to give a person a Pidgey as their starter Pokémon, and being able to capture, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Mudkip, whatever, through-out the game...

i'm not too sure whether to argue a case against or for Snivy, i can understand flamemaster, not wanting to claim Snivy's story, its not very good, and i have no idea what Cyrus is about, "i learn as i get to" (if you understand that.), so i don't know if he wants world domination or to open his own bakery... its stressful telling one person the same thing over and over again, tell him once, if he fails to listen, leave it... i'm pretty sure a MOD will do something =S.

fair enough if KingSnivy, wants to rip off other people's sprites, and claim things that aren't his, who hasn't? thats what... "if i have missed anybody please PM"... is about right... in all fairness, don't play his game, and/or forget this thread ever existed... me for one, won't be thinking about playing this, if it gets past mapping the bedroom correctly anyways, but i don't see why others won't try this.

@KingSnivy: Try not using other peoples sprites and rips, create your own, or try, it's not hard to learn, i have tried, they are not very good, but i have characters in my game that nobody will... i'm sure if i asked for help, someone will, i just haven't got round to that yet =S.


KingSnivy, i know, never listens to anybody, i have seen that, like with the Kyledove thing... strange... but people are willing to help, like with his animated intro, clever, and clearly, snivy didn't do that, but others are willing to help him make his game somewhat playable... I just hope he doesn't give others an idea and they create it, and then claims it as his own, and does absolutely nothing to contribute to his own game =S
  #94    
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:31 PM
mustafa505's Avatar
mustafa505
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hoenn Region 4ver
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mustafa505 Send a message via Yahoo to mustafa505
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post

@Kyo The Pro
Stop it guys, you say the story is boring/pointless, flamemaster made it
AND THE SCREENSHOTS WILL BE DELETED UNTIL I GET NEW ONES!
And did you even looked at the other games? Alot of games choose their own choice of starters, I mean. Did you even saw Pokemon XENOTIME? It has Bulbsaur, Cyndaquil, and Mudkip as starters. Sigh.
Thats lie about flamemaster making the story boring, he just wrote what ever you said its u who made the story boring dont blame others snivy!
  #95    
Old August 23rd, 2011, 07:27 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kalos
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
For those guys complaining 'bout the story, here is the one flame sent me.
As you enter the new new region of ueno, you will see many familier faces...
Team galactic, now have a new leader, Leon, a crazed worshipper, of Giratina, who is determined, to put the world under his feet.
As he try's to perfect his new super weapon, the only way, which is to summon Arceus and absorb his powers, he releases an army of mutant Pokemon upon Ueno, to stall the military.
Then he sets out to the other regions and starts killing gym leaders. After awhile, he comes back, having been spoken to by Giratina, he is determined to capture you, for you hold the key to Ueno's fate.
In the end you will have to choose, will you join team galactic, and be a ruler of the world, or will you fight and resist, the choice is yours.

omega.
No information yet.
  #96    
Old August 23rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
cruciFICTION's Avatar
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brisbane
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
That still doesn't explain why you've thrown Dawn and Lucas into the mix as main characters. I don't even understand why you're telling us what the original was?
  #97    
Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:11 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kalos
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciFICTION View Post
That still doesn't explain why you've thrown Dawn and Lucas into the mix as main characters. I don't even understand why you're telling us what the original was?
For people to see what the story is.

omega.
No information yet.
  #98    
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:24 PM
titiy
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post
For those guys complaining 'bout the story, here is the one flame sent me.
As you enter the new new region of ueno, you will see many familier faces...
Team galactic, now have a new leader, Leon, a crazed worshipper, of Giratina, who is determined, to put the world under his feet.
As he try's to perfect his new super weapon, the only way, which is to summon Arceus and absorb his powers, he releases an army of mutant Pokemon upon Ueno, to stall the military.
Then he sets out to the other regions and starts killing gym leaders. After awhile, he comes back, having been spoken to by Giratina, he is determined to capture you, for you hold the key to Ueno's fate.
In the end you will have to choose, will you join team galactic, and be a ruler of the world, or will you fight and resist, the choice is yours.
You should have kept this story.
  #99    
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:15 PM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kalos
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
LOL! I hadn't noticed that from July! XD!
The Showcase thread! So come on! Go to it!
I need a mod to close this thread because I had a new one!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=257953
The thread!

omega.
No information yet.
  #100    
Old September 1st, 2011, 01:01 PM
taimao
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post
LOL! I hadn't noticed that from July! XD!
The Showcase thread! So come on! Go to it!
I need a mod to close this thread because I had a new one!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=257953
The thread!
You'll want hold off locking this thread since the other didn't meet the requirements of the showcase.
Your progress seems a little slow, but in the other thread you changed the story. Though still bland in many ways, it makes a little more sense with the leader of Team Plasma changed to someone else.
Tell me what you think of this song: here
Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:45 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.