The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Nature: Adamant
I don't know but if the user doesn't want to use the Pokemon we suggest, then he/she doesn't have to. You can't be upset because he/she thinks ther choice they made is better than the choice you made.

As for the thread creator, I say use Pokemon you like. once you know what Pokemon you want to use, then we could give you a proper rating or an idea for movesets.

Old July 16th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Snorelacks

That's too bad...
Have you ever tried using an earlier generation's Flying-Type like Staraptor, Swellow, or Skarmory?
I'd put in Aerodactyl but you don't like fossil Pokemon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothitelle. View Post
I don't know but if the user doesn't want to use the Pokemon we suggest, then he/she doesn't have to. You can't be upset because he/she thinks ther choice they made is better than the choice you made.

As for the thread creator, I say use Pokemon you like. once you know what Pokemon you want to use, then we could give you a proper rating or an idea for movesets.
I also have to agree with this. Win with your favorites if you want (and it would be strange not to), but don't ask for suggestions if you won't change your Pokemon.

Last edited by Snorelacks; July 16th, 2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorelacks View Post
That's too bad...
Have you ever tried using an earlier generation's Flying-Type like Staraptor, Swellow, or Skarmory?
I'd put in Aerodactyl but you don't like fossil Pokemon...

I also have to agree with this. Win with your favorites if you want (and it would be strange not to), but don't ask for suggestions if you won't change your Pokemon.
I'm using only Unova Pokemon. So you must look for Unova Pokemon... until I get a National Dex.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old August 11th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Mr155555

Catch Sandile - Axew - Darumaka - Joltik and Vullaby

From There You Can Have This Team

Samurott
Surf
Megahorn
Blizzard or Ice Beam
Swords Dance or Revenge

Krookodile
Earthquake
Crunch
Outrage or Dragon Claw
Brick Break

Haxuros
Dragon Claw or Dual Chop (they both does the same damege)
Earthquake
Dragon Dance or Swords Dance (from your choise)
Outrage

Darmanitan
Fire Punch
Superpower
Rock Slide
Flare Blitz

Galvantula
Discharge
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Sucker Punch

Mandibuzz
Brave Bird
Dark Pulse
Bone Rush
Nasty Plot
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Tyranitar042
Tyranitar King

Nature: Relaxed
Ok enough about which is better or worse its not competetive battling its ingame all of the pokemon are good otherwise they wouldnt have made them. I say if you like using Unfezant use it bc it's base 105 atk is nothing to shake a stick at. Use Tailwind for speed boosting in case it faints so u can revenge kill. U-Turn out or deal major damage with Acrobatics. Roost off damage, or Facade Status afflictions for boosted STAB damage. Basic as that. You can also pick this pokemon up early so for earl training.

Unfezant
Acrobatics
Roost/Facade
U-Turn
Tailwind

In Pinwheel forest catch a Sewaddle and evolve it to Swadloon. Train with it there for a happiness boost and find lots of feathers on the bridge to give to it for another happiness boost. When it evloves into Leavanny teach it Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, X-Scissors, and False Swipe. Yes, I said False Swipe, it's ingame and you have top catch other pokemon not just battle so False Swipe is a good move to learn. I'm not saying keep it all the way till the end just until u have your pokemon you want thats all.

Leavanny
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
X-Scissors
False Swipe/Aerial Ace/whatever you want

Then you can catch Sandile on your way to Nimbasa level it up evolve it and teach it these moves. Dig, Crunch, Retaliate, Sand-Attack or Embargo. To beat Elesa with ease. When it evolves into Krookodile teach it Bulldoze, Crunch, Rockslide, Dragon Claw.

Krookodile
Bulldoze
Crunch
Rockslide/Stone Edge
Dragon Claw

Then beat Clay and go into Chargestone cave where you can choose between Joltik or Tynamo both Electric but joltik has Bug typing and Tynamo has Levitate ability giving it no weaknesses which is great and all but it takes alot of training whereas Joltik doesn't need much training and is fast to boot. I think you would be better off with Joltik/Galvantula. Galvantula's attacks are strong but it wont get its best attack until lv.60 Bug Buzz just use Signal Beam until then. Thunderbolt is strong but just a smidgen stronger than Discharge which has a 30 % chance to paralyze unlike Thunderbolt's 10% its your choice. Volt Switch is a very good move bc if its in on a pokemon you dont want to face Volt Switch out deal damage and get outta there. Gastro Acid is a nice move early on but replace it for Energy Ball later on you wont get the TM until you beat the E4 and go through a gaunlet of trainers.

Galvantula
Signal Beam/Bug Buzz
Discharge/Thunderbolt
Voltswitch
Gastro Acid/Energy Ball

Last pokemon is Litwick which evolves into Chandelure. Shadow Ball is self-explanitory, Flamethrower, Psychic, Confuse Ray. Good movesets and confuse Ray hits 100% for confusion, u cant argue with that.

Chandelure
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Psychic
Confuse Ray/Energy Ball

Your starter is the basis of your pokemon this team is terrible against rock thats where Samurott comes in. Surf, Megahorn, Grass Knot, Revenge. Replace Revenge for Ice Beam ASAP unless you cant go without it. Megahorn hits way harder than X-Scissors and its accuracy is usable. Grass Knot is for Water/Ground types.

Samurott
Surf
Megahorn
Grass Knott
Revenge/Ice Beam

Yes its weak to rock, yes Stone Edge is available for most pokemon to use but they wont get to use it they wont live long enough to use it. And there wont be any LATE game training when you catch them they can be used for the next gym you are about to face so it will gain its levels there. hope this helps.

Tyranitar

Royalty and Loyalty!!
It never fails!!
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr155555 View Post
Catch Sandile - Axew - Darumaka - Joltik and Vullaby

From There You Can Have This Team

Samurott
Surf
Megahorn
Blizzard or Ice Beam
Swords Dance or Revenge

Krookodile
Earthquake
Crunch
Outrage or Dragon Claw
Brick Break

Haxuros
Dragon Claw or Dual Chop (they both does the same damege)
Earthquake
Dragon Dance or Swords Dance (from your choise)
Outrage

Darmanitan
Fire Punch
Superpower
Rock Slide
Flare Blitz

Galvantula
Discharge
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Sucker Punch

Mandibuzz
Brave Bird
Dark Pulse
Bone Rush
Nasty Plot
I'm not really a Darmanitan and Galvantula fan, hate their appearance.

And don't expect me using Haxorus as I rarely use Dragon-types...

Old August 14th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Tyranitar042
Tyranitar King

Nature: Relaxed
If you are going to post a thread then you must at least be open to what we say you can't ask for help and then blow off everything we say. The reason we give our opinions is bc we as a community have already used the the pokemon and already know how they stack up in the game and mt post was about how you could get all the types you needed through out the game without having to seriously grind any pokemon on weaker pokemon in the wild and everybody in the team would be even. But, if you are set in stone about the pokemon you use then Zebstrika should be about 4-5 levels over any pokemon that you want to beat, ex. against the E4 theirs are about 50ish make sure your Zebstrika is about 60 for it to actually do anything, as for elektross it has bulk so it can withstand attacks and deal some major attacks and galvantula may not take too many hits but it is fast enough to deal some major damage.

If you choose Zebstrika

FlameCharge
Spark/WildCharge(when it learns WildCharge)
ThunderWave
Stomp

Tyranitar

Royalty and Loyalty!!
It never fails!!
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar042 View Post
If you are going to post a thread then you must at least be open to what we say you can't ask for help and then blow off everything we say. The reason we give our opinions is bc we as a community have already used the the pokemon and already know how they stack up in the game and mt post was about how you could get all the types you needed through out the game without having to seriously grind any pokemon on weaker pokemon in the wild and everybody in the team would be even. But, if you are set in stone about the pokemon you use then Zebstrika should be about 4-5 levels over any pokemon that you want to beat, ex. against the E4 theirs are about 50ish make sure your Zebstrika is about 60 for it to actually do anything, as for elektross it has bulk so it can withstand attacks and deal some major attacks and galvantula may not take too many hits but it is fast enough to deal some major damage.

If you choose Zebstrika

FlameCharge
Spark/WildCharge(when it learns WildCharge)
ThunderWave
Stomp
I mean, nice Zebstrika moveset. Wild Charge causes recoil, and I don't like my Pokemon hurting themselves after attacking.

Old August 14th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I mean, nice Zebstrika moveset. Wild Charge causes recoil, and I don't like my Pokemon hurting themselves after attacking.
Give it Shell Bell then if you don't want your Pokemon to take damage (or at least get the HP you lost back). It restores some HP after each attack, you can find it at Driftveil and by the time you learn Wild Charge you'd have bypassed that city anyway so you can go back and get it, then once you beat the Elite Four (and want to have a rematch with them, or beat the post game trainers) go to Village Bridge and take the Leftovers from there, replacing Shell Bell which'll heal your HP much faster than Shell Bell, which is reliant on attacks, whereas leftovers isn't, so if you were to use a boost of some sort (or use thunderwave even, for that moveset) it'd still restore HP, whereas shell bell wouldn't.
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:44 AM
HansLangone
Simple Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Yahoo to HansLangone
Quote:
I'm getting Pokemon Black for my birthday and I need a team to use in-game!

My Trainer's Name: Nichole

Starter: Oshawott

Post if you can find the best combinations!
i dont know but this is what i thought...

or maybe this one

dont ever think to choose Mandibuzz.. cuz its a hard way to get it until after gym 7..so Unfezant is much better...
and maybe you can change Gothitelle for Chandelure or.. idk its your choice

My Six Awesome Partners

Personal Note : I'm ready for 6 on 6 Pokemon Battle with fair Pokemon Team...

"Pokemon trainers should respectful to the existence of Pokemon Legends. Never try to exploit, utilize, or even catch it. Let them wander, live freely in nature, because there are still many people who want to see how wonderful they are."
- Hans, the Simple Trainer from Kanto

Last edited by HansLangone; August 16th, 2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansLangone View Post
i dont know but this is what i thought...

or maybe this one

dont ever think to choose Mandibuzz.. cuz its a hard way to get it until after gym 7..so Unfezant is much better...
and maybe you can change Gothitelle for Chandelure or.. idk its your choice
Both are good, I'd keep Unfezant/Samurott/Chandelure/Gothitelle but I don't really like Eelektross (despite the no weaknesses) or Darmanitan (also design-wise). I'd use Whimsicott over Leavanny (the latter has 2 4x weaknesses which is not nice) but I like Zebstrika's design better than Eelektross.

But keep finding some combinations! If you need to find a good combination, I suggest Marriland's Team Builder.

Old August 17th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Quote:
But keep finding some combinations! If you need to find a good combination, I suggest Marriland's Team Builder.
Well then, why don't you yourself use Marriland's Team Builder. I mean, it's not like we can read your mind and know what Pokemon you like and dislike.

Anyways, I'll just throw in my 2 cents or so.

I went with your idea of keeping Samurott, Unfezant and Chandelure. But, may I suggest using Sigilyph? It's more of the offensive side, but if you wish, you can just stick with Gothitelle who is a special defense wall. Galvantul$a is a more appropriate choice over Zebstrika. Even though its slightly slower than the zebra, Compoundeyes gives a lethal Thunder plus its immune to Ground and has a great Sp. Atk(only 3 points higher than Zebstrika's Atk). And it has brilliant type coverage with Bug. I presume you're gonna have a bit of a tough time with the last gym since you don't use Dragon types so Ice-types like Vanilluxe come in chillin' the zone. High Sp. Atk and its ability comes useful in hail, which allows you to abuse Blizzard. It can also learn Flash Cannon to remove Rock.

All the Pokemon can be easily obtained. Vanillite at Cold Storage, so you have ample training time before you reach Opelucid. Joltik at Chargestone Cave (where Tynamo is, but you didn't like it so...) and Sigilyph at the Desert Resort. :3 I don't know whether I listed some that you dislike, but oh well, you asked and so you shall receive. ;;

Old August 17th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Libra
We sustain the Epsilon.

I think this is the best team to have

Samurott
Krookodile
Leavanny
Chandelure
Gigalith
Sigilph

Krookodile has two great abilities: Moxie and Intimidate. Chandelure´s Sp.Atk is very high. Leavanny is hard to get or you must capture an Sewaddle in Pinwheel Forest.
Gigalith has high Attack and Defense, and Sturdy comes in handy if they try to knock you down in 1 hit. Samurott is pretty strong (althrough i chose Tepig as starter)
The last you may fill in but i chose for Sigilph.

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowExcadrill View Post
I think this is the best team to have

Samurott
Krookodile
Leavanny
Chandelure
Gigalith
Sigilph

Krookodile has two great abilities: Moxie and Intimidate. Chandelure´s Sp.Atk is very high. Leavanny is hard to get or you must capture an Sewaddle in Pinwheel Forest.
Gigalith has high Attack and Defense, and Sturdy comes in handy if they try to knock you down in 1 hit. Samurott is pretty strong (althrough i chose Tepig as starter)
The last you may fill in but i chose for Sigilph.
Leavanny has too many weaknesses, Gigalith is a no-no because I don't tend to use Rock-types and I already have my Psychic and Flying-type planned.

Old August 17th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Mr155555

Then Catch A Tynamo In Chargestone Cave and I Forgot You Need A Fighting Type So I Suggest Mienfoo
For Eelektross Movesets I Suggest These Moves
Thunderbolt/Wild Charge
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
and Crunch As A Filler

For Mienshao I Suggest These Moves
Aura Sphere/Hi Jumb Kick
Acrobatics
U-Turn
Fake Out
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
Well then, why don't you yourself use Marriland's Team Builder. I mean, it's not like we can read your mind and know what Pokemon you like and dislike.

Anyways, I'll just throw in my 2 cents or so.

I went with your idea of keeping Samurott, Unfezant and Chandelure. But, may I suggest using Sigilyph? It's more of the offensive side, but if you wish, you can just stick with Gothitelle who is a special defense wall. Galvantul$a is a more appropriate choice over Zebstrika. Even though its slightly slower than the zebra, Compoundeyes gives a lethal Thunder plus its immune to Ground and has a great Sp. Atk(only 3 points higher than Zebstrika's Atk). And it has brilliant type coverage with Bug. I presume you're gonna have a bit of a tough time with the last gym since you don't use Dragon types so Ice-types like Vanilluxe come in chillin' the zone. High Sp. Atk and its ability comes useful in hail, which allows you to abuse Blizzard. It can also learn Flash Cannon to remove Rock.

All the Pokemon can be easily obtained. Vanillite at Cold Storage, so you have ample training time before you reach Opelucid. Joltik at Chargestone Cave (where Tynamo is, but you didn't like it so...) and Sigilyph at the Desert Resort. :3 I don't know whether I listed some that you dislike, but oh well, you asked and so you shall receive. ;;
I'll think about getting them, I can just rotate my team if I need to.

And it's easy to gain experience by knocking out lots of Audino.

Old August 18th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Barn
Trainer

What do you like then? it seems like every time someone gives you a suggestion, you say "No, I don't like x types" or "I hate x appearance" and "I don't like that attack." We're only trying to help you here and it could be a lot easier if you choose what Pokémon you like, then enter them into a team builder.
- List of Unova Pokémon
- Team Builder

Now I'm going to post a suggestion here, with movesets. Before reading, just note that yeah, there are 2 water types (one is half Ground). But that isn't a problem. Just plug the team into the link above and you'll see that there are no obvious weaknesses.

- Razor Shell
- Dragon Tail
- Megahorn [Move Relearner]
- Aerial Ace / Aqua Jet / Giga Impact / Return
You basically just want physical moves for him. Razor Shell is his signature move, Dragon Tail causes switching, Megahorn is awesome, and the last slot is your preference.

- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Return / Swords Dance / Shadow Claw
Excadrill is beast. You can't say he sucks until you try him. You'll be surprised: this guy rocks. You want EQ - you don't need a TM - and a bunch of other physical moves. Take your pick.

- Air Slash
- Psychic
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / Flash Cannon / Cosmic Power
Your flying type, and special attacker. Air Slash and Psychic give you STAB, which means more powerful moves. Charge Beam raises your special attack. The last one is just a filler.

- Psychic / Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
Psychic type attacker, for fighting types. Psyshock is for physical damage, Psychic is standard. Thunderbolt and the rest are for coverage. OR you could use Musharna:

- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / Gyro Ball
Use Gyro Ball only if your Musharna's nature is Sassy, Relaxed, or Quiet to maximize its power. Sassy boosts Special Defense, Relaxed boosts Defense, Quiet boosts Special Attack.

- Earthquake
- Foul Play
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Stone Edge
Yup, another physical attacker. Pretty much explains itself. Dragon Claw for less power, but not getting locked into it. Yeah.

- Thunderbolt / Thunder / Electro Ball
- Signal Beam / Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch / Thunder Wave / Agility
Last one. Thunder for more power, and TBolt is standard. Signal Beam until you get Bug Buzz, Energy Ball for another moveslot done, and Volt Switch for switching. Or if paralyzing is your style, use TWave. Or, also a possibility, use Agility instead of Volt Switch/TWave and Electro Ball instead of Thunder/TBolt - raise your speed and then smack with a powered up Electro Ball. BTW, he is much, much better than Zebstrika.

Hope this helps. Probably made some mistakes and such there so someone can correct me, I don't mind.

Last edited by Barn; August 18th, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn View Post
What do you like then? it seems like every time someone gives you a suggestion, you say "No, I don't like x types" or "I hate x appearance" and "I don't like that attack." We're only trying to help you here and it could be a lot easier if you choose what Pokémon you like, then enter them into a team builder.
- List of Unova Pokémon
- Team Builder

Now I'm going to post a suggestion here, with movesets. Before reading, just note that yeah, there are 2 water types (one is half Ground). But that isn't a problem. Just plug the team into the link above and you'll see that there are no obvious weaknesses.

- Razor Shell
- Dragon Tail
- Megahorn [Move Relearner]
- Aerial Ace / Aqua Jet / Giga Impact / Return
You basically just want physical moves for him. Razor Shell is his signature move, Dragon Tail causes switching, Megahorn is awesome, and the last slot is your preference.

- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Return / Swords Dance / Shadow Claw
Excadrill is beast. You can't say he sucks until you try him. You'll be surprised: this guy rocks. You want EQ - you don't need a TM - and a bunch of other physical moves. Take your pick.

- Air Slash
- Psychic
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / Flash Cannon / Cosmic Power
Your flying type, and special attacker. Air Slash and Psychic give you STAB, which means more powerful moves. Charge Beam raises your special attack. The last one is just a filler.

- Psychic / Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
Psychic type attacker, for fighting types. Psyshock is for physical damage, Psychic is standard. Thunderbolt and the rest are for coverage.

- Earthquake
- Foul Play
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Stone Edge
Yup, another physical attacker. Pretty much explains itself. Dragon Claw for less power, but not getting locked into it. Yeah.

- Thunderbolt / Thunder / Electro Ball
- Signal Beam / Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch / Thunder Wave / Agility
Last one. Thunder for more power, and TBolt is standard. Signal Beam until you get Bug Buzz, Energy Ball for another moveslot done, and Volt Switch for switching. Or if paralyzing is your style, use TWave. Or, also a possibility, use Agility instead of Volt Switch/TWave and Electro Ball instead of Thunder/TBolt - raise your speed and then smack with a powered up Electro Ball. BTW, he is much, much better than Zebstrika.

Hope this helps. Probably made some mistakes and such there so someone can correct me, I don't mind.
Nice suggestion, but 2 Ground-types and 2 Psychic-types just won't make me diverse enough.

Old August 19th, 2011, 11:14 AM
awolffromspace
whatever happens, happens

Make the team yourself if you are going to turn down all advice given to you.

closed

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links