The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 30th, 2011, 01:59 AM
The Void
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate

Nature: Calm
Have you guys heard of the Walk Through Walls Glitch in RBY? It allows you to use Walk Through Walls without cheating.
You will need one Pokémon on your team, a Poisoned Pokémon and Potions to prevent your Pokémon from fainting. Here are the steps:

Spoiler:

1.) Go to Fuschia City.
2.) Enter the Safari Zone then leave it. When asked if you want to leave, say No and save.
3.) Restart the game then leave the Safari Zone. You will be asked if you're willing to pay ₱500 to enter the Safari Zone. Refuse then leave the entrance.
4.) The game will think your still in the Safari Zone. Walk around for 500 steps (don't let your Pokémon faint! Use Potions to heal it! But don't cure it of its Poisoning!) and make sure that your 500th step is in midair (after jumping on a ledge in Route 19 below Fuschia City). The PA will anounce your time is up. You will then appear in the entrance of the Safari Zone.
5.) Now, do NOT leave the entrance of the Safari Zone or you'll end up in Glitch City! Walk around and let your Pokémon faint, leading you to the Pokémon Center.

Now you can walk through walls all you can "legitly"!
This glitch also makes it possible for the player to enter the Indigo Plateau and Cerulean Cave earlier than usual.

Explanation:
Spoiler:

This glitch occurs because the player manages to trick the game into letting him or her out of the Safari Zone while the step timer is still running, by saving the game. When the steps run out, they are warped to the Safari Zone gate, regardless of whether or not they are actually in the Safari Zone.
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Voleur
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Have you guys heard of the Walk Through Walls Glitch in RBY? It allows you to use Walk Through Walls without cheating.
You will need one Pokémon on your team, a Poisoned Pokémon and Potions to prevent your Pokémon from fainting. Here are the steps:
That sounds interesting. I wish I still had my Game Boy to try it.

Quote:
That sounds interesting. I wish I still had my Game Boy to try it.

Last edited by Voleur; May 15th, 2011 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:13 AM
kidpunk

I just did the Ditto Glitch to battle Professor Oak.
It all went good, except when I battled Oak. He didn't have any glitched Pokemon nor the high level Pokemon bulbapedia said he would have. Infact, he had only two Pokemon. He has a Level 29 Electrode and a Level 29 Weezing.
I didn't appear to do anything wrong. I started the glitch at the same place method 1 of the Mew Glitch is done (Route 8), but when I flew back, I flew into Saffron City. When I went back to Route 8, I didn't make it passed the checkpoint. I stopped at the door when the menu popped up. Was I suppose to fly into Lavender Town?

Edit: I did it two times more. I did it the Prof. Oak way again going through Lavender Town, and he had the same two Pokemon. I then did it again running into Bruno, and he had Blaine's Pokemon. Growlithe, Ponyta, Arcanine, and Rapidash. I can't explain it.

Last edited by kidpunk; June 18th, 2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old June 19th, 2011, 04:45 AM
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
Glitch City, Missingno., and Mew Glitch. That's it.
Old June 19th, 2011, 04:41 PM
kidpunk

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ZZAZZ_glitch

It says that the ZZAZZ Glitch works with Pokemon with Special Values 251, 252, 254, and 255. I decided to see what happened when I attempted with a 253.

It the oddest thing. It was a upside down Missingno. with Charizard M's Name. He had two pokemon, one called Trainer that was actually a Level 32 Magnetmite and a Level 32 Missingno. which was moved several pixels to side over and reversed. Truly odd experience.
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:47 PM
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
I don't know what glitch this is, but I remember years ago back when I still had my Crystal version, I used duplication glitch to get another Lugia and I ended up with a Pokemon named ??????????????? with a Lugia sprite. All of its stats had question marks o.o Every time I sent it out in battle, my game would crash. And when I put it back into my PC, random level 0 Pokemon would pop up in its box. It was so weird.

Edit: Derp just bothered to read the posts on this page fully. So it was a bad duplication, huh. I had figured it was something different lol.

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old June 20th, 2011, 09:32 AM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Nature: Brave
Well, you could say that. It's certainly different from any of the normal Pokemon you find in Crystal. What kinds of level 0 Pokemon appeared when you put in a PC box? :\

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
-The Vending Machine (Click me please!)-
-Let's Play/Torture/Screw Around With: Pokémon Red Version!
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
I remember seeing a Kingdra and an Omastar. More Pokemon popped up, but I don't remember what they were.

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old July 13th, 2011, 09:51 PM
WooperIsMyFave92
Beginning Trainer

I don't know if this is an "official" glitch ( I certainly didn't do this on purpose ) But I went to start a new game on my Pokemon Yellow and Professor Oak is now a talking black square. I tried turning my Gameboy Color off sand back on again but nope he's stuck like that and I'm rather sad! Is there a way to fix this?
Old July 13th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Umm, you're not really gonna get any answers posting this in glitch discussion. Try asking in the Q&A thread instead. You'll be noticed more there, since well, that thread is for questions. If possible, could you post a picture? I've never heard of it doing that. Or trying blowing into the cartridge and then playing.
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:42 AM
WooperIsMyFave92
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Umm, you're not really gonna get any answers posting this in glitch discussion. Try asking in the Q&A thread instead. You'll be noticed more there, since well, that thread is for questions. If possible, could you post a picture? I've never heard of it doing that. Or trying blowing into the cartridge and then playing.
Sorry, I thought I saw people asking questions here, and the game wasn't doing what it's supposed to do, so its a glitch, right?

Anyway, It's hard for me to take a picture of my Gameboy Color's screen since it isn't very bright. I should have also mentioned that I don't hack or anything, I'm not even sure I really understand any of that stuff.

I'll try blowing on it a few times, and try the Q&A if the problem continues. Now that I think about it, I should have been able to think of that on my own, especially since I used to own a N64 Lol. But my game is sentimental to me so I got really upset and wasn't thinking. Thanks for your reply
Old July 18th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Sinister9
Beginning Trainer

I remember when pokemon leafgreen first came out,i played it non stop loved owning that game,anyways i played,and eventually got to Victory Road saved the game cause i had to go eat or something.After turned my game back on to find out my game was deleted!It got me so pissed off,but i just went with it and continued on with my NEW GAME and after a few weeks of playing here and there i got up to Blaine,and was stoked on how much better my pokemon were this playthrough and got over the fact that my game deleted for no reason.So then i save my game and turn it off.Wake up the next morning and turn my game on and it strangely went back to the first playthrough!!!-_____-
got mega trolled. D:
Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:42 AM
IAshKetchum
Pokémon master.

Not do the missingo glitch since i was younger.. recently done the mew glitch on my yellow version.. wish i knew about that when i was younger..

My SS Team -
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
I did the Missingno. glitch all the time back when RB first came out, and abused the experience gained by beating Missingno. Never did the Mew glitch, though. I was really young then, so it probably would have been too complicated for me to figure out.
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
I love taming the notorious ".4".

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old August 11th, 2011, 11:01 AM
SirCmpwn
Coding Knight

I love glitches manipulating them is one of my favorite activities. I've used the Mew glitch recently, and I haven't used the MissingNo Item Glitch since I was much younger. I've done several other less important glitches, and I've played around in the disassembly several times, so I know a lot about how they work. Of course, Gen I is my favorite, so I haven't really done much on other generations, except for the Celebi egg glitch to help fill out my 'dex in Gold.
I don't really like using glitches to cheat, but just to have fun. I like the Mew glitch because it triggers a battle with Mew, instead of just giving it to you, so there is still some skill involved.
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM
rapid dave
Beginning Trainer

Okay, a query for the glitchers out there. I've been doing the RB glitches for years now, hell I used to nerf the playground with my sky attacking Kangaskhan before anybody even caught onto my bluff, but it's only recently I started abusing hex values to get into trainer fights through the Old Man Glitch.

Now what i'm wondering is what determines the teams they send out? It seems nearly all the time that it's a team of Lvl 32's, including 2 odd glitches and 2 glitcherinos. But I do on rare occasions come across a team of lvl 111's including a Drowzee, a Pidgey, some sort of Pokegod and a Missingno.

Just wondering if anybody knows what triggers the latter team? I have also once come across a battle starting with a third enemy set, but the first glitch pokemon froze my game when it attacked me.
Old August 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
This should explain all about glitch trainers: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch_Trainer

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:32 AM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
I've done the Mew glitch and have Mew. I've also done the MissingNo. glitch once, but quickly turned off my game. I've never attempted the truck glitch or any of the other ones.
Old August 21st, 2011, 04:09 PM
The Shiny Ho-Oh
Golden Bird

Nature: Bold
I've done:
Experience underflow
Pokemon merge
Celebi egg
Extended cloning (makes non-shiny pokemon into shinies)
Shiny ditto glitch
Mew glitch
Cloning
Long range trainer extended (to get Q)

And a few more..
Old August 21st, 2011, 06:33 PM
The Shiny Ho-Oh
Golden Bird

Anyone interested? I can post instructions, but they're long and rather complicated. If nobody is interested, I'd rather not take the time.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxfy4659f4Y

Last edited by Guy; August 24th, 2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old August 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Pokemon Game Fan
Elite Trainer

Yeah go for it, I'll read.
Old August 21st, 2011, 07:29 PM
The Shiny Ho-Oh
Golden Bird

@Pokemon Game Fan: Typing them now.
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:05 PM
The Shiny Ho-Oh
Golden Bird

Fan, do you know about the long range trainer glitch? (I'm talking about the one using Ditto to get specialized pokemon.)
Old September 4th, 2011, 06:46 AM
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
Ohohho! I have Pikablu as well, looks freaky.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links