The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.


Advertise here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Cool title, amirite?
Here we go again. I've lost count how many threads I've made, but hopefully I'll keep this one organized and what-not. Anyway, I guess I'd better start with an introduction. As you can see, my username is Retribution, although I've been Espeon~ and Superjub in the past, Superjub being the username I signed up with. I've had multiple sprite threads, and I believe I have improved, thanks to constructive criticism and many, many attempts. So yeah, enough about me. Behold my art (what? Someones gotta make it seem amazing. )


FakéDex
Gotta' Fake Em' All
Spoiler:

* "W" indicates it is a WIP/will be replaced with an improved sprite. I'll probably be completely revamping the layout soon.




Back-sprites
Hey! Don't turn your back on me!
Chinder's Backsprite
Mentock's Backsprite
Snurish's Backsprite
Toddlow's Backsprite
Stott's Backsprite
Tungtoad's Backsprite
Disklet's Backsprite
Dafro's Backsprite
Un-named Rodent's Backsprite (suggestions welcome)
Flugg's Backsprite
Magmug's Backsprite
Terragon's Backsprite
Psycock's Backsprite
Pumpkini's Backsprite
Hecter's Backsprite
Amorial's Backsprite




Trainer Sprites
"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear."
A rival.
The first gym leader. She uses normal types. (3rd-gen sprite and old VS. Sprite)
A student.
Updated Norina VS. Sprite
4th gen Norina Sprite
Solana- Ghost-type Gym leader
Leader Arc- Ice Type Gym Leader
(4th gen) Norina Overworld Sprites (front and back)




Other Pokémon Stuff
>Insert Witty Pun here<
A Mew Revamp from Pokemon Silver
Spoiler:
Crescent Island, a map for my ROM hack that'll probably never see the light of day.
Some items. I'll probably add some more later, as long as I don't forget.
Some pixel art based on Fangrow.
More pixel art based on Fangrow- isn't he popular? XD This time it's a mugshot.
An avatar used on DeviantARt. it seems popular there (-ish), so I thought I'd showcase it here. :D
A Marowak retype (to the Steel type.) :D
Lizleaf, the grass starter- not currently int eh FakeDex.
A Black/White styled version of the pot dragon/dinosaur. :D A limited palette version was entered into a competition here at PC and came second IIRC.
Lizleaf's Overworld Sprite
Some more Fangrow pixel art.
Even more Fangrow/Snurish pixel art.




Other St00f
MOAR STUFF!!! :D
Badges that I was going to use in my ROM hack. They are:
Regal Badge: Shaped like a crown; normal-type.
Berg Badge: Shaped like an iceberg; ice-type.
Dirt Badge: Shaped like a spade/shovel; ground-type.
Spirit Badge: Shaped like a grave; ghost-type.
Gear badge: Shaped like a... gear XD; steel-type.
Dusk Badge: It's meant to be a crescent moon covering a sun; dark-badge.
Myth Badge: It's a dragon wing; dragon-badge.
Dun, dun, dun, duuuuuuuun! ;D
Just something I'm quite proud of. Made to celebrate Christmas, obviously.
Pinkie Pie cutie mark traced/re-shaded.
Rainbow Dash's cutie mark traced/re-shaded.
Isometric robot comparison
Isometric Inn
(SCRATCH) Majora's Mask pixel art- not traced or anything like that.
Spoiler:
Here is a lot of stuff I've done in the past.



So yeah, that's it, really. Give credit if you use anything, don't steal and constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks for looking at my thread. Also, I'll try and update more this time around.
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; February 27th, 2012 at 04:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old August 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
Yoshikkko's Avatar
Yoshikkko
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Nature: Adamant
Nice stuff! What about the Jellicent in the spoiler tag though, I don't see anything different about it? I might be overlooking it though.
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old August 23rd, 2011, 04:10 AM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
Nice stuff! What about the Jellicent in the spoiler tag though, I don't see anything different about it? I might be overlooking it though.
Oh, the Jellicent in the big spoiler! It's an overshade, as in it has more shades. And thanks.

Also, I just noticed I messed up some of the font in the first post. Go me. >.<
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; August 23rd, 2011 at 04:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old August 24th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Truality
Left for good
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Most of your work is impressive, I must say. Maybe that's why what drew my attention the most was this:

I can't help but feel weird about the mugshot. The anatomy on the hands is rather out of place and I'm guessing the one-piece dress shouldn't have different shades on the polka-dots. The face is also a bit, uh, I don't know. But it still feels eerie. Maybe the nose, maybe the smile. And I'm wondering how this happened since your other sprites are all on a greater level.
The trainer sprite, OW and badge are all very well made, too.

Finally, the fakedex is swell, and the only one I would say needs a lot of improvement is Carcaron. Its tail swing as well as the overall pose make it look stiff like cardboard.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more from you in the future. Good luck with your spriting!
__________________
This is my December . . .
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old August 24th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truality View Post
Most of your work is impressive, I must say. Maybe that's why what drew my attention the most was this:

I can't help but feel weird about the mugshot. The anatomy on the hands is rather out of place and I'm guessing the one-piece dress shouldn't have different shades on the polka-dots. The face is also a bit, uh, I don't know. But it still feels eerie. Maybe the nose, maybe the smile. And I'm wondering how this happened since your other sprites are all on a greater level.
The trainer sprite, OW and badge are all very well made, too.

Finally, the fakedex is swell, and the only one I would say needs a lot of improvement is Carcaron. Its tail swing as well as the overall pose make it look stiff like cardboard.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more from you in the future. Good luck with your spriting!
Firstly, thanks for taking your time to post. It means a lot coming from you.

I agree with the mugshot. They are one of my weaknesses. Actually, I'd say trainer sprites are in general, but anyway... I'm fairly sure I have an updated version somewhere where some things are fixed, like the anatomy. I'll have a look for it in a bit. Anyway, I agree that it does look a bit unnatural. Well, maybe more than a bit, but...

As for the FakeDex, it's nice to know you like it, since, in my opinion, some of my ideas aren't the best. I've been revamping some of the sprites recently, and I migth add Carcaron to the list (although, funnily enough, I've revamped it pretty recently. XD) I'll try and think of a fearsome pose for it since it it a skelton dragon after all. ;D

I'm glad you like my work. It's probably a bad time to make a new thread, since I'm going back to school in less than 2 weeks, but I'll try and be as actiive as possible, so watch this space.

EDIT: I've been messing around with the mugshot, and it's starting to look better, so hopefully I'll be able to shown an improved version soon.
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; September 4th, 2011 at 06:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:01 PM
icychill66
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I just have to say that I love the master sword and the caption next to it! I've commented on your other threads before, so I don't really have much else to say.
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Hehe, thanks. :D I did it shortly before OoT 3D came out and I was in a very Zelda-y mood. XD

Also, I've updated the FakeDex, as well as the VS Sprite. For the FakeDex, I finished off the Snowman line, and revamped some of them. Amorial looks very strange when compared to its old look, although I think it looks more... realistic? :s But yeah, it's very different. As for the VS Sprite, I'm still not too keen on the left arm, but oh well. Hopefully it's an improvement. Also, I tried to make her look more childish to reflect her age and personality. Hopefully it shows.

FakeDex update:

Vs Sprite:
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; September 3rd, 2011 at 09:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old September 3rd, 2011, 05:02 AM
Kolio's Avatar
Kolio
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Hi Retribution, your artwork looks amazing!

I especially like TADITTLE, MAGMUG, and the little snowman

But there are some things that I whould edit:

1. The evolution of SLIGON looks a little weard, since the belly doesn't look round at all.

2. Also the closeup of your gymleader, (which I like better now by the way) has a
strange left arm. Because the upper arm is to short, it looks kind of cut off.

I dont want to sound like I know it better, because I don't, its just my opinion.
Again most of the other stuff looks amazing the rest "just" great.
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old September 3rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolio View Post
Hi Retribution, your artwork looks amazing!

I especially like TADITTLE, MAGMUG, and the little snowman

But there are some things that I whould edit:

1. The evolution of SLIGON looks a little weard, since the belly doesn't look round at all.

2. Also the closeup of your gymleader, (which I like better now by the way) has a
strange left arm. Because the upper arm is to short, it looks kind of cut off.

I dont want to sound like I know it better, because I don't, its just my opinion.
Again most of the other stuff looks amazing the rest "just" great.
I agree with you on both points, and I'll get that VS Sprite right if it kills me. XD I'll get to both of them soon, and thanks for the advice and compliments. It means a lot.

Did someone say update? ... No? Oh, well, I'm gonna anyway.

Majoras Mask pixel art and my current avatar. I shall tweak it at some point as it's a bit jagged at the moment.

I updated the Master Sword pixel art for my signature, and because it was a tad blank.

Spoiler:
The latest FakeDex. Sadly, there aren't any new ones, but quite a few are revamped.

More revamps!!! :D I'm revamping the monster sprites.

EDIT: I hope I've fixed both problems.

Norina's new VS Sprite:
Hopefully a fixed Slygon evolution:
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; September 3rd, 2011 at 09:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old September 3rd, 2011, 02:48 PM
SoaringSomeone's Avatar
SoaringSomeone
Residential Sprite Slave
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
The remade slygon sprites still look a little weird because the way it's balanced makes it seem like it'll fall over. As it stands right now, the majority of its body weight isn't balanced over its legs (So the center of Mass isn't above anything that'll support it). I believe if you either stagger the legs, or move both of them forward, it'll look more natural.

As for the versus sprite, I did a few edits since that's a lot easier than trying to figure out how to describe it with words.



I moved the arm slightly closer to the body in order to give her shoulder more of a definition (Unfortunately I'm on a touchpad right now, so I can't elongate the arm or anything). I also changed the face of the gal from a straight-ish line to...whatever that is so that you can see her cheeks. I would also move the entire head slightly to the right so it looks more like that head is connected via the base of the skull.

Hope that helps. :)
__________________




Still looking for spriters for Pokemon Azure! If you're even the slightest bit interested, contact either me or DJClass. More information available on the Azure thread.
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old September 4th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSomeone View Post
The remade slygon sprites still look a little weird because the way it's balanced makes it seem like it'll fall over. As it stands right now, the majority of its body weight isn't balanced over its legs (So the center of Mass isn't above anything that'll support it). I believe if you either stagger the legs, or move both of them forward, it'll look more natural.

As for the versus sprite, I did a few edits since that's a lot easier than trying to figure out how to describe it with words.



I moved the arm slightly closer to the body in order to give her shoulder more of a definition (Unfortunately I'm on a touchpad right now, so I can't elongate the arm or anything). I also changed the face of the gal from a straight-ish line to...whatever that is so that you can see her cheeks. I would also move the entire head slightly to the right so it looks more like that head is connected via the base of the skull.

Hope that helps.
Yes, Slygon does have balance issues, and I was even tempted to do away with the legs completely, but I wanted the dragon to gradually get more limbs as it evolved. And moving the legs forward makes the tail look more unnatural, but if it actually looks like it won't topple over, then I guess it's the best thing to do.


As you can probably tell, the mugshot has given me hell, but I see exactly where you're coming from. I had to tweak it a bit as moving the head to the right made the neck look a bit detached, but here it is.


Hopefully I won't be making anymore changes anytime soon! XD


Update!
I redid Slygon's final evolution, based (quite obviously) on the Chinese dragon. I was going t add arms, but due to its slim body, I couldn't really. So yeah, let's just say it gave up its arms and legs to get more speed. XD


There are also quite a few black outlines I don't like, so I'll fix them soon.
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; September 4th, 2011 at 05:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old September 4th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
This all looks really good :D
Also, someone has 'copied' the name of your thread but change 'sprite' to 'pixel' x3
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old September 4th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
This all looks really good :D
Also, someone has 'copied' the name of your thread but change 'sprite' to 'pixel' x3
Thanks.
And I just checked out the thread mainly just to see if they ahd created theirs after mine and I wasn't actually copying them, and you're right, they do have similar titles. Oh well, I don't mind. As long as it's just the title that is similar, and they haven't got reposes of all my Fakemon, it's fine. XP That would be pretty spooky, actually. O-O
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin



Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old September 4th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Kolio's Avatar
Kolio
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Wow! the SLYGON evo looks real good now.

That the Norina sprite gives you a hard time i can understand.
It is so difficult, to make the entire sprite look good. At least I can say that it has improved.
The right proportions are not easy to do, since they follow so strict principals.
There are still a couple of weard looking details, but it's nothing big so it looks well to me.

Sorry for such an unconstructive post, but there are always just little things that look
strange. So tiny that it's just not so easy to explain and it would have a rather small
effect, if at all, on the whole sprite.
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old September 4th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
I'm glad you like Slygon's evolution looks better now. I do too!
As for the comments about the Norina Sprite, you don't need to apoIogise. At least it's not blatant SPAM, and I agree with you. know it's still not completely perfect, but I'd rather focus on new stuff for now. Maybe at some point in the future I'll try and improve it though. :D

Thanks for posting.
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin



Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
I won't let this thread die... again. XD

Here's a quick update.

I re-did Buttafrone (both the female and male).


And here's a PMD-style mugshot for tadittle. It looks a bit creepy.


I'll also be editing the fakedex in the first post with the Buttafrone update.
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; September 10th, 2011 at 08:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Truality
Left for good
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
I won't let this thread die... again. XD

Here's a quick update.

I re-did Buttafrone (both the female and male).


And here's a PMD-style mugshot for tadittle. It looks a bit creepy.


I'll also be editing the fakedex in the first post with the Buttafrone update.
Okay, let's see...

The male Buttafrone has a very basic anatomy flaw: the main body is turning in another position from the one the head is looking, and at the same time the arms show no response to either stance. I hope you get what I mean.

...maybe not. Here, I'll draw you a sample:


All it needs is a little placement fixing. Apart from that, I really like the sprite. Hm, maybe if you lessen the dithering in the dress (that's a dress, right? the dithering doesn't do much in clothes when they're that small)
The female Buttafrone is all right. It's abit funny to watch, actually.

The mugshot is really good. You caught the exact style of PMD and you transferred your sprite into it correctly. I think a few pixels in the eyes' green shadowing need to be sorted out, but that's about it. Pretty cool.

See you the next time you post new art!
__________________
This is my December . . .
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old September 12th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truality View Post
Okay, let's see...

The male Buttafrone has a very basic anatomy flaw: the main body is turning in another position from the one the head is looking, and at the same time the arms show no response to either stance. I hope you get what I mean.

...maybe not. Here, I'll draw you a sample:


All it needs is a little placement fixing. Apart from that, I really like the sprite. Hm, maybe if you lessen the dithering in the dress (that's a dress, right? the dithering doesn't do much in clothes when they're that small)
The female Buttafrone is all right. It's abit funny to watch, actually.

The mugshot is really good. You caught the exact style of PMD and you transferred your sprite into it correctly. I think a few pixels in the eyes' green shadowing need to be sorted out, but that's about it. Pretty cool.

See you the next time you post new art!
First of all, thanks again for commenting. I appreciate it.

As for the male Buttafrone, I was aiming for it to look like it had its head turned, but I understand it looks a bit dodgy... quite a bit dodgy actually. Anyway, I think I fixed it a bit, although I still don't think it looks 100%. I also eased up on the dithering although I really like dithering. XP Also, it's meant to be a robe, but I know what you mean. Here it is...


And thanks about the female Buttafrone, I am quite proud of how it turned out too. :D

As for the mugshot, I'll check it out soon, but it's late here, and I'm thinking about going sleep. :s

Anyway, here is an evolution to Amorn. It doesn't have a name yet though.
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; September 24th, 2011 at 01:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Woah... 8 days. O-O Sorry guys for not being very active! :O

Anyway, update time. i redid the whole fakedex, adding in a few new ones. I am particulary proud of how I did the types. :D
Spoiler:


Finally, another trainer sprite. I haven't done one in aaages, so I thought I'd give it a go again. I'm fairly proud. XD There are probably some anatomy errors though. Here it is, the second Gym leader Arc! :D
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; September 24th, 2011 at 01:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old September 24th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Just something new I've been working on. It's some pixel art featuring Fangrow and Snurish. :3
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin



Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old October 1st, 2011, 01:54 AM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Guess what guyz. I've finally started a new line of Pokemon. :D I needed more ice types, so yeah... Fine we have Mentock, an Ice/Rock type Pokemon.


Then there is Monstice, the evolution of Mentock.


Additionally, I messed around with Crymension palette, and I came up with this...

I think it makes it look much more serious, and I kinda like it. I changed the shading a bit as well.
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin



Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:49 AM
Truality
Left for good
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Just something new I've been working on. It's some pixel art featuring Fangrow and Snurish. :3
That's some really good background. Except for the clouds, I guess. They're not bad, but they don't feel natural to me, with this scattered grey in them.
The fakes look somehow... 'juicy'. Lol. It's the colours, I guess, but nice shading. I guess I can't add anything more right now, I have to lay down for a while. Expect more critique soon, Retribution!
__________________
This is my December . . .
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old October 1st, 2011, 11:39 PM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truality View Post
That's some really good background. Except for the clouds, I guess. They're not bad, but they don't feel natural to me, with this scattered grey in them.
The fakes look somehow... 'juicy'. Lol. It's the colours, I guess, but nice shading. I guess I can't add anything more right now, I have to lay down for a while. Expect more critique soon, Retribution!
Finally someone posted! xD


I have to agree with you (I don't argue much, do I? XD) I was very minimalistic with the clouds. I'll get round t editing them in a bit. And I see what you mean about the colours. XD At least they're not boring. Enjoy your lie down.

Update time!

I revamped one of my older works, something for the isometric project a while back. I really just wanted to get back to spriting in the isometric style (I find it fun. XD IDK why. ) Anyway, here it is.


I also revamped Titaneon to give it a bit more character.


I finished the final evolution of Mentock. It's called Yetice, and it's Ice/Fighting.


And on a miscellaneous note, here is a timeline I made showcasing how much I have (hopefully ) improved.
Spoiler:
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin



Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Just something minor I did recently~


It's an Inn in isometric style. I kinda c/p the bricks though. :L What, I'm lazy. XD For some reason, I love spriting in isometric style. XD

Also...

The evolves form of Magnero and the final form of Aprentive. It is named Miking (magnet and viking).
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; October 3rd, 2011 at 01:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old October 7th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Truality
Left for good
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Guess what guyz. I've finally started a new line of Pokemon. :D I needed more ice types, so yeah... Fine we have Mentock, an Ice/Rock type Pokemon.


Then there is Monstice, the evolution of Mentock.


Additionally, I messed around with Crymension palette, and I came up with this...

I think it makes it look much more serious, and I kinda like it. I changed the shading a bit as well.
I see some proportions issues here... also the ice. You can have less cracks in it and still hint it as ice. Play around with the shading a little instead of using internal outlines, you know what I mean?

Crymension came out pretty good, though. Nice curves and shading.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Update time!

I revamped one of my older works, something for the isometric project a while back. I really just wanted to get back to spriting in the isometric style (I find it fun. XD IDK why. ) Anyway, here it is.


I also revamped Titaneon to give it a bit more character.


I finished the final evolution of Mentock. It's called Yetice, and it's Ice/Fighting.
Dat robot. It changed so much; it's practically a great isometric sprite. Only flaw I noticed is that the legs are stached too much on the front, literally making the robot lose balance if left somewhere-anywhere.

Titaneon's got style. Really neat job here.

Yetice, eh...if that grey thing's fur, then you're doing it wrong xD Fur has a more pointy outline here and there, and it definitely is brigther than that. Well, if it's not a fur then okay, my bad. You could also improve the face a bit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Just something minor I did recently~


It's an Inn in isometric style. I kinda c/p the bricks though. :L What, I'm lazy. XD For some reason, I love spriting in isometric style. XD

Also...

The evolves form of Magnero and the final form of Aprentive. It is named Miking (magnet and viking).
Really impressive isometric work, once again. Still, unless you wanted that chimney to make a Mickey Mouse-shaped smog, then you need to work on it a bit. And, for the sake of an inn's size, it should be rather bigger, or at least longer on the sides.

Finally, Magnero. Wow, this sprite is...weird, I don't know how to put it. Firstly, the post is really stiff and immobile. Try a more dynamic approach, like this, for example:
stick figure ftw.

You need to work on the head, mate. I see a bean with horns and eyes and a mouth, but anyway, you know you can do better than that. I mean, look at titaneon. What happened to this poor bull, then?

Anyway, the palette and outfit are cool, heroic, so I guess they're a good fit.

Until next time, pal! Good job once again!
__________________
This is my December . . .
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.