• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Version [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
UPDATE:
Okay for those who said the colors where clashing. I can understand where your coming from, because you can't see the whole bridge. But the brick changes pallets nicely.
LS19.png

Also I will like to thank everyone who posted their opinion on choice A or B. And with much consideration, I have made a new choice. C. Which incorperates both A and B (And is my new favorite)
LS17.png
LS18.png

Easter Egg! This date has signifigance, I am wondering if any of you addict pokemon players can figure it out.
LS20.png

Just so you guys know I have been working on this hack like a madman. Even though I had a 6hr work day I manidge 13 scripts :D (Some were cpu scipts for the towns.)
LS21.png

Has anyone noticed that in FR when you get into a trainer battle, the trainer walks up to you, and the battle starts. You don't turn to look at them. This is not a problem in ruby, I think gamefreak did this to mirror red, and blue. Well thanks to Jambo, the player now turns to face the trainer before the battle.

Nice work on the trainer facing.
I think the bridge would look better if you use the same kind of floor tile throughout it, even when its angled. :3

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
That was actually my original idea, and it looked a lil odd, but to satisfy myself, there is a section of the bridge where it is like this. (I am still working on that pacific area) In the center of the bridge there is an opening to the north, with two statues on both sides. One being a dialaga, and the other a palkia. It leads to the a small island, with a bakery/ synthesizer.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
UPDATE:
yay, this update is all my work I was able to accomplish over spring break. I was hoping to release this information earlier...
LightS21.png

This pic introduces one of the main characters, your cousin. Who is different depending on your gender. (So there wnt be two guys, or two girls) also the scripts are different too.
LightS22.png

Mugshot hack was implemented thanks to the work of Jambo51. :)
This hack allows for any battle I chose to display a the mugshot with any pallet I chose.
This happens for important battles, and the colors will be consistent.
i.e Purple is only for battles with your cousin.
LightS23.png

Outside the bakery/ Synthesizer. (You give two items and they morph into one. Iam still working on the script and item fusing list xD)

LightS24.png

Now where inside.
LightS25.png

The useful cell phone makes a return in pokemon light. You can re-battle trainers or just hear conversations if your bored.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
D: This hack look so awesome ;3
I've also noticed the name of the professor ... Layton xD Professer layton is awesome :D
And the zelda tiles and the bridge is awesome :D This is defanatily a hack worth playing when it is released :3

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
I checked this thread a couple of times before
And I keep checking back on it because it really looks interesting!

The new stuff looks great too!, but I didn't expect anything else =)
Hope to see a release soon for this!
Keep at it!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Hey, Naruto Actor, do you still remember me?
I am Ruka Prince with a changed username.

May I apply as this Hack's grammar corrector/spelling mistake corrector?
Yes, and since I already know your reliable, I don't need anything. I will edit the first post later. Welcome in.

D: This hack look so awesome ;3
I've also noticed the name of the professor ... Layton xD Professer layton is awesome :D
And the zelda tiles and the bridge is awesome :D This is defanatily a hack worth playing when it is released :3
Thanks, Im glad you get some of the references, there are many others.

I checked this thread a couple of times before
And I keep checking back on it because it really looks interesting!

The new stuff looks great too!, but I didn't expect anything else =)
Hope to see a release soon for this!
Keep at it!
Thank you. :) Im glad you like my hack :)

Years
Wow, This hack improved a lot. I like the cellphone.
I would be great if you change some tiles like trees and some house cuz FR tiles not good enough.
Good luck

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Thanks Im glad you like it. Hmm I am trying my best to make the hack maintain it's firered roots, while creating the atmosphere of a new hack.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I would have to say congrats on the HotM,
even though you didn't win, your votes were almost near to the winner which shows how your hack is look upon by most people so yeah congrats on that man, there is always a next time..
anyway i love that you using the fire red tiles so well and other few tiles, and i certainly love the features you put in, like the cellphone!..haha,
anyway, even that, i still want to see more screenshots contributing to the storyline of the hack..haha,
so yeah looking forward to more updates..

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Thanks and I also plan for more features. Yeah I want to too, it's just the storyline is still in the 'beginning of the game' if you know what I mean.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
During the past few weeks I've had a routine.
Checking this thread for a beta. It just looks so... good.
It's got some good tiles (at some places), good maps (for what I see), and it just looks very fun.
I really can't wait.
I'm gonna check again in five minutes.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Thanks thats very flatering of you, but a little inefficient. xD I have had crazy work hours lately and I havent touch the hack in about 3 weeks. :P But I will personally message you the beta when it is released. :D

Years
Um....Where is the download link?
If there was one, wouldn't it be logical to check the first post? :(
Also, please read the rules- you are not allowed to post in a thread that is older than one month, unless stated otherwise in a particular subforum. The last valid post in this thread was May 30th, meaning this thread is over two months old. Please, be sure to check the date of the last valid post in a thread before posting.

NarutoActor, if/when you'd like this reopened, contact either myself or colcolstyles. In the meantime...
Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back