Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 12th, 2011 (07:31 PM).
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
I'm still working on my competitive team, and although I haven't gone out with the intention of shiny hunting, I have encountered thousands of Pokemon in the process of EV training and leveling everyone up to level 100. One of these level grinders will be shiny...eventually (I hope!).

Quote originally posted by R.K 9:
hatch each pokemon in ascending order (bulbasaur, then charmander, then squirtle, then caterpie and so on) until you hatch out a shiny.
I really like that idea. The only problem is the money it'll cost to put everyone in Daycare - it'll cost, on average, $819200 to do this contest (and that's assuming that no Pokemon levels up while in Daycare)! That could probably be handled with a few runs through the Elite Four with a level 100 @ Amulet Coin, though. I might just try that - it sounds really fun and sort of randomizes the shiny you'll get!!

Quote originally posted by Landorus:
shiny Zubat
Congrats!

I won't try this week's Pokemon, seeing as I don't have a Zorua.

Wow, this is my first post in August. How did that happen!? "lol"

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old August 15th, 2011 (11:29 AM).
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

After 1739 eggs, I got my shiny Taillow while I was on holiday. Here you go:

GL everyone and gratz on all shinies!
Old August 15th, 2011 (08:25 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the shiny Taillow, pokewalker!

Since Landorus hasen't been here to post the hunt for this week, I hope he doesn't mind if I post the one for this week since it's already Monday and he usually posts it on Sundays. The random Pokémon of the week is... Solosis!
Old August 16th, 2011 (10:22 AM).
abhi123
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Modest
Hey there shiny hunters! Im glad i found this thread on PC since i really wanted to join a shiny hunters club somewhere.....so can i be a member?
as for my shinies, i began shiny hunt from the beginning of june, and i've collected 7 shinies till now, heres my shiny card :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 16th, 2011 (01:24 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Quote originally posted by abhi123:
Hey there shiny hunters! Im glad i found this thread on PC since i really wanted to join a shiny hunters club somewhere.....so can i be a member?
as for my shinies, i began shiny hunt from the beginning of june, and i've collected 7 shinies till now, heres my shiny card :D
Yes, you can be a member. Welcome to the club!
Old August 17th, 2011 (02:52 PM).
vagrantwanderer
Saturated Sarcasm

Welp, found me a shiny mankey 2 minutes into a new Firered game a few weeks ago. Very surprising! Right now I am up to a couple thousand SRs for a shiny Snorlax in SoulSilver. Will probably trade off the mankey for something that fits my team better

Old August 17th, 2011 (07:33 PM).
G-Money

Quote originally posted by pokewalker:
shiny Taillow
Congratulations!

Quote originally posted by abhi123:
Welcome to the club! I'm glad to see another member; we can always use more!

Quote originally posted by vagrantwanderer:
Welp, found me a shiny mankey 2 minutes into a new Firered game a few weeks ago. Very surprising! Right now I am up to a couple thousand SRs for a shiny Snorlax in SoulSilver. Will probably trade off the mankey for something that fits my team better
DON'T DO IT!! Treasure your shinies; they're incredibly rare and take so much effort to find!! It would probably take 50+ hours to find another shiny Mankey, but it wouldn't even take a fifth of that to breed for a good nature, EV train, and raise a Pokemon to level 100.

Congrats on your shiny - you should love it! :cer_laugh:

Old August 17th, 2011 (08:22 PM).
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
I've been stagnant on my secret hunt because of busy life matters, so I might halt my hunt for good. Might come back to hunting though.

Old August 17th, 2011 (11:54 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Hi everyone, I guess is time for me to return to hunt again.

Congratulations to pokewalker on shiny tailow, landorus on shiny zubat and vagrantwanderer on shiny mankey (don't trade it unless you have more than one).

Expect news soon because I'll hunt like if there's no tomorrow , just kidding, but seriously I'll recover the time I've lost.
See you guys and happy hunting.
Old August 18th, 2011 (12:28 AM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Oh wow I forgot I'm in this club! ;

Anyways, one of the protagonists in my hack has a team of all the 1 in 8000-something shinies I ever found. Pidgey (now a Pidgeot), Gloom (now a Bellossom), Tangela, and B Unown.

Is this a weird idea?
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old August 21st, 2011 (05:12 AM).
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Hey i'd like to join the club too :D
İ wuz a pro at pokeradar in platinum i had every pre evolution chainable shiny until my DS's top screen F***ked up So now im on a Fire Red SHİNY quest. Trying to get a shiny before and after each Gym Badge. Already encountered 2k mankey on The route way to the League. So if any of u can give me ideas for a shiny that can be caught after the 1st but before the 2nd Gym Badge i'^d be Greatfull
Old August 21st, 2011 (10:34 AM). Edited August 21st, 2011 by G-Money.
G-Money

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
Anyways, one of the protagonists in my hack has a team of all the 1 in 8000-something shinies I ever found. Pidgey (now a Pidgeot), Gloom (now a Bellossom), Tangela, and B Unown.

Is this a weird idea?
I don't entirely understand what this means, but it sure sounds good. Are you playing through a fan-made game with a team of all shinies? If so, that's awesome! Congrats on those 4 shinies!

Quote originally posted by rager3:
Hey i'd like to join the club too :D
İ wuz a pro at pokeradar in platinum i had every pre evolution chainable shiny until my DS's top screen F***ked up So now im on a Fire Red SHİNY quest. Trying to get a shiny before and after each Gym Badge. Already encountered 2k mankey on The route way to the League. So if any of u can give me ideas for a shiny that can be caught after the 1st but before the 2nd Gym Badge i'^d be Greatfull
Welcome to the club! Sorry to hear about your DS.

There are a lot of great patches in which to hunt in FR/LG. If you don't mind backtracking a little, the best place to hunt might be the Mankey/Spearow/Rattata patch next to Viridian City, but you probably already hunted there before your first badge. The Viridian Forest is a good place too, since it has such a huge multitude of Bug shinies - the only drawback is that some are evolved, like Metapod and Kakuna, and I personally prefer to catch shinies in their initial state. You could also try going after Paras; that's a relatively uncommon shiny and you'd know what you'd be getting.

As for me, I'm still training a competitive team. I had no idea that EVing and leveling up to level 100 would take so long! I'm doing it all against wild Pokemon, though, to give me a chance of finding a shiny in the process. I probably hatched over 50 Elekid before I got one that was Mild and had Hidden Power Ice, "lol."

I had a dream that I encountered a shiny Swellow, but it fled.

Old August 21st, 2011 (11:33 AM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote originally posted by G-Money:
I don't entirely understand what this means, but it sure sounds good. Are you playing through a fan-made game with a team of all shinies? If so, that's awesome! Congrats on those 4 shinies
Thank you, but what I meant was I'm making a fan-made game (hack) and one of the main protagonists has a team of those shinies that I found.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old August 21st, 2011 (03:31 PM).
G-Money

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
Thank you, but what I meant was I'm making a fan-made game (hack) and one of the main protagonists has a team of those shinies that I found.
Ah, alright. So the main character starts out with those shinies? Cool! I'm glad to see a game developer give a little shout-out to shiny hunters!

That's pretty amazing that you're making your own game. Good luck!

Old August 22nd, 2011 (07:10 AM).
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Welcome to the club! Sorry to hear about your DS.

There are a lot of great patches in which to hunt in FR/LG. If you don't mind backtracking a little, the best place to hunt might be the Mankey/Spearow/Rattata patch next to Viridian City, but you probably already hunted there before your first badge. The Viridian Forest is a good place too, since it has such a huge multitude of Bug shinies - the only drawback is that some are evolved, like Metapod and Kakuna, and I personally prefer to catch shinies in their initial state. You could also try going after Paras; that's a relatively uncommon shiny and you'd know what you'd be getting.

As for me, I'm still training a competitive team. I had no idea that EVing and leveling up to level 100 would take so long! I'm doing it all against wild Pokemon, though, to give me a chance of finding a shiny in the process. I probably hatched over 50 Elekid before I got one that was Mild and had Hidden Power Ice, "lol."

I had a dream that I encountered a shiny Swellow, but it fled.

Hey thanks alot yeah im hunting near Viridian city . Still after that mankey And i think i will go after the paras :D
BTW use EV power items (Power Belt, Power Bracer..ext.) And Try getting Pokerus. İts a hard virus to get wich i think you already know lol :D
İf u have both of the above each kill will give you 10 EV's. Anyway goodluck on the Team . (Wish i had Wi-Fi so we could Battle )

P.S Something tells me that swellow will come back ;P
Old August 23rd, 2011 (03:39 AM).
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Hullo!

I would really love to join! I just started shiny hunting on the uhm... 14th of August... Hehe. But I love doing it now, although I only have one shiny Shinx. (Not including lots of shiny Gyarados lol)

My preferred method is chaining, the way I caught my Shinx, though I am also Masuda-ing for a, you guesses it, shiny Eevee right now.
Old August 23rd, 2011 (05:48 AM).
G-Money

Hey thanks alot yeah im hunting near Viridian city . Still after that mankey And i think i will go after the paras :D
BTW use EV power items (Power Belt, Power Bracer..ext.) And Try getting Pokerus. İts a hard virus to get wich i think you already know lol :D
İf u have both of the above each kill will give you 10 EV's. Anyway goodluck on the Team . (Wish i had Wi-Fi so we could Battle )
Thanks for the tips on EVing - I'll definitely use those for EV training in the 5th gen!

Good luck on your Mankey and Paras hunts! You'll have 6 shinies by Blaine!

P.S Something tells me that swellow will come back ;P
Are you trying to curse me!? Curse you, bearer of dark enchantments!

Quote originally posted by TheShinyEevee:
Hullo!

I would really love to join! I just started shiny hunting on the uhm... 14th of August... Hehe. But I love doing it now, although I only have one shiny Shinx. (Not including lots of shiny Gyarados lol)

My preferred method is chaining, the way I caught my Shinx, though I am also Masuda-ing for a, you guesses it, shiny Eevee right now.
Welcome to the club! Congrats on the shiny Shinx - you've taken the first step towards catching 'em all! Good luck on the Eevee - your name calls for it! Why not get 7? *inspires Eevee quest* :cer_laugh:

Old August 23rd, 2011 (06:25 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Welcome to the club, rager3 and TheShinyEevee!

This weeks random Pokémon contest is... Feebas!

The Litwick count is now up to 1,967. I only hatched 5 Solosis for last weeks random contest.
Old August 24th, 2011 (04:06 AM).
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Are you trying to curse me!? Curse you, bearer of dark enchantments!
Ahaha :D İts been 14 hours now and still no mankey i really should start counting with a calculator than by hours lol
Old August 24th, 2011 (07:44 AM).
assassinjay1229
Im baaaack

Nature: Naughty
Id like to join
My shinies
Zangoose, Purugly, Milotic, Zorua, Tepig, Emboar, Samurott, Serperior, Arcanine, Seviper, Pichu, Flareon, Golbat, Leafeon, Eevee, Espeon, Zoroark, Umbreon, Exploud, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Typhlosion, Porygon-Z, Blastoise, Pikachu, Raichu, Charizard, Marowak, Ponyta, Rapidash, Krookodile, Machamp, Victreebel, Druddigon, Dragonite, Rotom, Gyarados, Clefairy, Deino, Magmortar, Cobalion, Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus, Terrakion, Virizion, Heatran, Uxie, Arceus, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Mew, Mewtwo, Shaymin, and Kyurem

Pair: Saerith
Old August 24th, 2011 (09:36 AM).
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee

Welcome to the club! Congrats on the shiny Shinx - you've taken the first step towards catching 'em all! Good luck on the Eevee - your name calls for it! Why not get 7? *inspires Eevee quest* :cer_laugh:
Thanks :D Hehe thank you, I still don't know whether to evolve her..

Thanks! Sure does ;DD You inspired my quest for not 7.. But 8! (Don't forget Eevee itself! )
Old August 24th, 2011 (10:02 AM).
Nato4eyes

Nature: Relaxed
Hey! Sorry I have been inactive X.x But is the random route challenge still going on?
Old August 24th, 2011 (12:15 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Quote originally posted by Nato4eyes:
Hey! Sorry I have been inactive X.x But is the random route challenge still going on?
Yes it is.

Welcome to the club, assassinjay1229! Which of those shinies are random encounters or hatched from eggs? If any of those are hacked or were recieved through an event, they don't count towards the Shiny PokéDex here.
Old August 25th, 2011 (12:04 AM).
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Quote originally posted by Latios Master:
Yes it is.

If any of those are hacked or were recieved through an event, they don't count towards the Shiny PokéDex here.
Hey i didn't know there was a shiny dex :D Okay here are my shinys here we go

Fire Red:

Ponyta : RE
Pikachu : RE
Moltres : RE
Mankey : Still searching

Ruby:

Zangoose : RE
Treecko : SR
Mudkip : Still Soft Resetting
Hariyama: RE

HeartGold:

Totodile : SR
Ho oH: SR
Grimer : RE
Pidgey : RE

Pearl:

Elekid : PokeRadar
Pachirisu: PR
Camerupt : RE

Platinum :

Pachirisu x3 : PR
Shinx x4 : PR
Geodudex3 : PR
Machop x1 : PR
MR . Mime x1 R
Floatzel x2 : PR
Zigzagoon x1 R
Swalot x1 R
Giratina : SR
Kricketot x1 R
Pichu x1 : PR
Budew x1 : PR
Starly : RE
Snover x1 : PR
Mesprit : SR (Very Boring and long hunt )
Uxie : SR
Azelf : SR
Shellos x1 : PR

PokeRadar will go on and on :D i have more than 50 pokeradar pokemon exepct eevee , Marill , sneasel , and wobbufett

Okay i think this is enough. Back to the Mankey hunt
Old August 25th, 2011 (05:17 AM). Edited August 25th, 2011 by assassinjay1229.
assassinjay1229
Im baaaack

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by assassinjay1229:
Id like to join
My shinies
Zangoose, Purugly, Milotic, Zorua, Tepig, Emboar, Samurott, Serperior, Arcanine, Seviper, Pichu, Flareon, Golbat, Leafeon, Eevee, Espeon, Zoroark, Umbreon, Exploud, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Typhlosion, Porygon-Z, Blastoise, Pikachu, Raichu, Charizard, Marowak, Ponyta, Rapidash, Krookodile, Machamp, Victreebel, Druddigon, Dragonite, Rotom, Gyarados, Clefairy, Deino, Magmortar, Cobalion, Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus, Terrakion, Virizion, Heatran, Uxie, Arceus, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Mew, Mewtwo, Shaymin, and Kyurem
Quote originally posted by Latios Master:
Yes it is.

Welcome to the club, assassinjay1229! Which of those shinies are random encounters or hatched from eggs? If any of those are hacked or were recieved through an event, they don't count towards the Shiny PokéDex here.
Milotic was an event So were the three legendary beasts and pichu

Zangoose: re Village bridge
Purugly: re in Pearl
Zorua: hatched
Tepig: hatched
Emboar: sr
Samurott: sr
Serperior:sr
and thats all I have time for now I have to majorly edit my thread and add me being a member here to my sig

Pair: Saerith
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links