The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

View Poll Results: What should be Kiyoshi's character's starter?
Mareep (Colorless/Electric) 4 26.67%
Cyndaquil (Temperature/Beast) 4 26.67%
Eevee (Colorless) 7 46.67%
Misdreavus (Dark) 1 6.67%
Marill (Liquid/Noise) 4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Wow, you guys are all so morbid.

Adelle is just the average trainer I guess. She's grown up with a trainer for a father, so she cares for them. But the only way of catching she knows of is by weakening it and throwing a ball at it. d:

EDIT: So, there are no Hoothoots in this route, are there? D:
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:02 AM
CyBeastSaber
I'M BACK!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CyBeastSaber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post

Adelle is just the average trainer I guess. She's grown up with a trainer for a father, so she cares for them. But the only way of catching she knows of is by weakening it and throwing a ball at it. d:

You and me both. xD Cy has never had one of his own, but his life has been around them so he also has an attachment of sorts to Pokemon. I'm sure Cy'd be plenty shocked from how a few people have been acting towards his beloved creatures. 8D
Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code: 0002 5629 0917
Cookie Pointo:
PinkSapphire: 1

Guess that anime!
Quote:
Boy likes girl. Girl doesn't like boy. Boy is heartbroken and mulls around until BAM, he turns into seksay winged bishounen who catches the attention of girl but falls for girl's twin sister who falls for boy who falls for HER and-

Confusing? Betcha.
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:15 AM
King!
better

Nature: Jolly
Well... There might be worse coming from her, especially when she meets her parents again. xD But yeah, I noticed that too - none of our characters are really....nice. Or at least, I don't think so. :P
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Nature: Impish
So...are you guys too far ahead for a newcomer to catch up with? : D
Old August 27th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
I would think not. Most of us are on the first route with a few of us reaching Cherrygrove. We've barely started. :D

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Quote:
Quote:

I'm like Tim Burton but with creatures you catch in metal balls. :3

Since you didn't catch anything on Route 29, you can go back and catch one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiko Star View Post
So...are you guys too far ahead for a newcomer to catch up with? : D

Of course! Just send in your SU and you'll get Tyrogue. Oh, and I've seen how you post. Exempt for RP Sample.

----

UPDATES!

@King -

Shakes one time.... two times.... three times.... ping!

IT'S DEAD.

Congratulations! You got yourself a(n):

Spinarak

Insect/Dark, Lv. 3

'Quito Pinch: Insect Type; The user bites down on the foe just enough to break the skin. Doesn't do much damage, but there is a chance of posioning the opponet.
String Shot: Insect Type; The user shoots a thin but strong silk-like string. It doesn't do any damage, but the string is durable and sticky; so put it to good use to give you the upper hand.

Did you know Spinarak was portrayed as a purple creature in Gold/Silver even though its concept art always depicted it as green?

THE MORE YOU KNOW <3
Old August 27th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Nideous

Yes, I know that. When I first saw the green spinarak, I was all like 'that ain't right.'

Anywho. I wnoder where the first contest hall is. I can't wait to have Tyler blow everyone that enters away with his superior talent and intelligence. :D

Old August 27th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

I used the Crystal sprite, but I made it static. Thus, Green. :3

The contest hall is coming up soon, don't you worry. All we have to do is get out of Cherrygrove first.
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Nideous

Sweet. Tyler's so gonna pwn. >:O

And I figured that was the Crystal sprite. I grew up with the Silver Sprite though. :D

Old August 27th, 2011, 10:31 AM
King!
better

Nature: Jolly
UNGH! OH YEAH! SPINARAK! Now we can actually get somewhere! ^_^ except for, ya' know, the fact that she kicked it in the face...

I'll be headed for Cherrygrove shortly, I think. :3
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Roserade
Proud Member of the PQ.

D; my Spinerak died. *cries*
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Name: Riley Shorebird

Appearance:

Riley, or Rile as his friends call him, is of average height and build, though he is a bit on the skinny side. His hair is a mess of unruly black locks and tangled spikes, looking as though it hasn't been properly brushed in ages. His eyes are ash gray, cool and dimmed except for the tiny spark of intelligence behind them that quickly disappears when he looks away. His clothing varies wildly, as though he simply throws together 'whatever works'. For his journey, though, his mother has put together something decent: a slightly blue gray and white light jacket with hood, permanently unzipped, over a navy blue T-shirt. The popular Pokéball insignias are emblazoned in white on the gray part of his jacket, just above the black Pokéball holder belt (currently empty) strapped on his waist. Riley's mother has thrown in a pair of white jeans she found buried somewhere in his closet and some brand new sneakers (navy, white at the edges and soles, white shoelaces and lining), because, as she put it, 'he's certainly going to have to walk a lot'. Finally, she threw him a dark blue, almost black, and gray cap (the cheap kind, the one every single kid out there has, only in different colors) to keep the sun out of his eyes.

History:

Rile's elementary school grades were quite horrible, to tell the truth. He constantly barely missed repeating a grade. But miraculously, he always scraped a pass, getting into a mediocre middle school, and then high school. The entire time, though, he never failed a single assignment: he only did them very, very poorly. He never took an active role in discussions, and participated very little in class, so teachers often had nothing to say about him. His parents have their suspicions about him, though, especially after he scored surprisingly well in a math exam (which has, by far, been one of his worst subjects) at the end of the year, when he had been on the brink of failing the subject. Another doubtful thing is how his close friends keep pestering him to help them with their homework, despite knowing about his academic failure.

Rile, on the other hand, doesn't really care. School has always been just a bore to him, and he sees no reason to bother, especially since he knows he'll eventually set out on a journey to become a Pokémon breeder someday. And as far as he knew, you needed no specific qualifications to become a breeder (except basic breeding skills, of course; then again, Rile has always been more interested in the care and raising part, rather than the actual breeding one). There are really just two things he's interested in: Pokémon and cooking. The two are often intertwined, seeing has how the majority of the 'food' he cooks is for Pokémon. His life has been pretty much uneventful, and, as far as he's concerned, boring. Two days after graduating high school, Rile decided it was as good a time as any to start his all-teenager must-have, life-changing Pokémon journey.

Personality:

Rile is not only lazy, as most people call him, but unmotivated. He feels no urge to participate, to discover, or to better himself. It's like he simply possesses no enthusiasm or natural curiosity; like he is satisfied with whatever he has. His teachers say he lacks ambition. But everyone knows that you'll never improve if you content yourself with what you have, ­which, for Rile, doesn't seem to be a lot.

But Rile isn't stupid. He knows what they think of him: halfhearted, uncommitted. And he thinks it's true; he simply doesn't feel any desire to learn more when his companion's rant is cut off and he needs to rush away: it was none of his business, and he should feel grateful that his friend confided in him in the first place. He's certain he won't enjoy this sport, even if he hasn't tried it¡--he knows himself better than that. He doesn't dream of being Gym Leader or Champion of the Pokémon League, like all these adults seem to think all children do; he knows he would dislike the extra attention those titles would bring. After all, who would want to have reporters telling the world about what he wore or what he ate for supper last Sunday? He's read enough dreary articles concerning celebrities' private lives¡--which other people had no right to know, anyhow--to spare those who would come after him the pain.

They think he shows no excitement, even when it comes to his passions: mainly, Pokémon. But Rile knows, and he knows that only his best friend can tell when the uninterested, dull look is gone and when, behind his dim eyes, there is a spark of life, and that only he can catch the quiet glimmer of interest that shows briefly, and then is gone with the next blink of an eye.

However, Rile does laze around often, and sometimes not only because he has nothing better to do than lie on his back and watch the clouds drift. He finds schoolwork tedious, and some days he feels like giving up altogether, because he's the only one that sees that there's no point in it--but dropping out of school would disappoint his parents greatly, so he perseveres and hangs in there¡...but just barely. His friends accuse him of pretending to be stupid. But he's not, not really, because even when he does make an effort, it's hard, because when the material is this boring, he can't concentrate on it properly. He is smart, he's simply not wanted to for so long that he's nearly forgotten how to.

Rile enjoys deadpan humor and sarcasm, and likes making snarky comments, which often earn him a bonk on the head. He complains a lot, because he likes to poke holes in theories and ideas, which also earns him a bonk on the head. He thinks logically, but he fully admits that in a world full of creatures that can breathe fire, water, and balls of energy, logic has its limits. He thinks imagination is worth just as much as pure fact; after all, it takes the same amount of effort to memorize something you've made up and something you haven't.

Aspiration: Breeder

Choice: Tyrogue

Password: Glasses
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Good Posts, Nideous and Roserade. :3

@Roserade -

A strange nutty smell wafts in your direction. Looking up, a small acorn falls at you from the tree. Upon examination, it looks like it's tinted a brilliant golden color and smells like delicious peanut butter.

Grillo Acorn
A tasty treat to feed a Pokemon. It fully heals them and gives them a full belly. They're the most precious food to find for breeders, because they're packed with vitamins and minerals necessary for a growing Pocket Monster.

For some reason, it feels as if the Spinarak is appreciative that you gave it a proper burial. At least you did as much.

@Neiko Star - HOLY NINJA'D!

Brb, analyzing SU.
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Whee! : D I don't really know what I wrote. I just started and then blablablablabla...that happens often. Oh, and I noticed that there's a typo in your sig! D:
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiko Star View Post
Whee! : D I don't really know what I wrote. I just started and then blablablablabla...that happens often. Oh, and I noticed that there's a typo in your sig! D:
You're accepted! yay! We have an entire group of douchebags!

<3

WHERE. WHERE. TELL ME WHERE. WHERE. GAH.
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Whoopsies. There's no typo after all. There's just an inexplicable space between Flannig and an so...sorry. XD

YAY DOUCHEBAGS
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Seriously! Think about it!

Amanda = Begrudging Douchebag. (who's RP'er literally states in their SU that they're a douchebag.)
Witthoefft = Raging Greenpeace Douchebag.
Tyler = Judgmental and Snobby Douchebag.
Ivan = Stole an egg for its parents. Douchebag.
Adelle = Apathetic Douchebag.
Chris = Cold and Overly-Confrontational Douchebag.
Danielle = Bratty Doucebag.
Cy = Wimpy and Gynophobic Douchebag.
Riley = Lazy and Unmotivated Douchebag.

WE ARE ALL SO AMAZING <3
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

YOU'RE RIGHT WE ARE AMAZING O A O
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Nideous

:D Of course we are! And Tyler reminds me of Gary MF Oak, only he's rich! :D

Old August 27th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

I'm pretty sure Gary's rich, since he drove around a red convertible at the age of ten.

AND GAH. KIYOSHI. TOO MANY DIFFERENT CHOICES. YOU KILL ME.

No seriously if this was a role-playing video I'd restart it hundreds of times to see all the different possibilities offered.
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Nideous

He didn't ride around in a convertablee because he was rich. He did it because he was Gary Oak! He needs no other explaination. Hm... Maybe Tyler's not quite the Oakster... But he's still awesome! And so is everyone else in this RP. We have a lot of really cool people. :D

Old August 27th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

We should all meet up! : D ...but then I would have to have Rile sit in a corner and not do anything.

Damn you, IC-ness!

Ah well. My first post should be up tomorrow...or after tomorrow, but probably tomorrow. I'm still sad about Sophrosune though. :'(
Old August 27th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Just letting you all know:

You know Hurricane Irene the category one hurricane? Well, I'm getting hit by it tomorrow. So, I may lose electricity. So I may not be on tomorrow. But please, post! I'll do all updates once I'm able to get back on (If I lose electricity, that is! If not, I will most certainly be on at some point! [Hopefully. I don't know if my internet hotspot will work.])
Old August 27th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Nideous

I'm already fighting through Irene. I'm on the edge of her, I think. :\

Old August 27th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Just a question about the types: do we (our character) know about it, like that's how it's always been, or is some a 'new' thing?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links