The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 25th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRedMoon View Post
I personally have no issue with people using "gay" as a slur. I know that 90% of them have no intentions of being homophobic, and it's just become a natural part of speech.
Yeah this. It's just a part of speech to me. I don't mean to say anything mean about homosexuals. I just hate it when I can't say gay because of them.

I mean, I'm half black and such and if anyone or any friends of mine said the N word, then I wouldn't say they aren't aloud to say it. I personally wouldn't care. :p

Quote:
Everybody please watch this video from start to finish. I loved that people aren't afraid to voice their support for gays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl9MLno424
I've seen that on TV, that was a good episode. Personally I wouldn't really say anything but yeah. Since I myself find having two moms/dads weird.

Old August 25th, 2011, 12:15 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
Everybody please watch this video from start to finish. I loved that people aren't afraid to voice their support for gays.
Wow, that's awesome. I hope it was legit.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; August 25th, 2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.

That video was posted by someone a while back (I'm pretty sure it was in this thread, anyway, but I could be wrong). That was quite possibly the most heartwarming video I've ever seen.

Also, it's time for more gay news! This is a pair of articles about an Australian bigot politician named Bob Katter who is vehemently against gay marriage. You'll need to read both articles to get why it's so interesting. In a way, it's an Australian Michelle Bachmann parallel.

Article 1
Article 2

I think more disturbing than the articles is one of the comments I saw on Article 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone Who Wouldn't Dare Say That To My Face If They Know What's Good For Them
You are a defeatist Sunshine. The way our government is treating this country, it will soon be taken over by muslims. Then Bob won't have anything to worry about, because they will soon get rid of the Gay movement, with one clear swipe.
Carl said Bob is inciting hate ..... no Bob is not! Carl and his Gay group are inciting hate by trying to steal into marriage of straight people.

If they want to live their life in this disgusting manner, then let them find another name for it. The Gay community is inciting hatred in people..

How sad for Bob to have Carl as his half Brother."

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Last edited by Sodom; August 25th, 2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:23 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
That video was posted by someone a while back (I'm pretty sure it was in this thread, anyway, but I could be wrong). That was quite possibly the most heartwarming video I've ever seen.

Also, it's time for more gay news! This is a pair of articles about an Australian bigot politician named Bob Katter who is vehemently against gay marriage. You'll need to read both articles to get why it's so interesting. In a way, it's an Australian Michelle Bachmann parallel.

Article 1
Article 2

I think more disturbing than the articles is one of the comments I saw on Article 2:
And now I'm sad again. :(

The Volcano Pokemon

Old August 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Nature: Timid
I keep asking myself the same question since I was 14. Do I matter to these people? Because honestly I don't feel like it.
EDIT: By these people I mean politicians.
Old August 25th, 2011, 09:23 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
I'm not surprised. In big cities, people tend to keep to themselves and their company while in public. In small towns, people are more social with strangers.
Old August 26th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Esper

Quote:
Okay, talk about ironic when you go to watch a video about gay parents and youtube gives you an ad for mattresses showing a bunch of naked-but-covered straight couples lying in bed.

I saw this once before and it's great to know there are good people out there.

deviantart blog pair
Old August 26th, 2011, 11:51 AM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Is anyone here from NYC? This crazy Jamaican homophobic lady is always in the subways singing about how lesbians and "batty boys" are following her everywhere.

What the hell is a "batty boy", anyway?
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
What the hell is a "batty boy", anyway?
I guess she hates Baseball. Not sure what the two have to do with each other though.

If I ever go to NYC, I should find her and follow her around, wearing a shirt that says Batty Boy.

The Volcano Pokemon

Old August 26th, 2011, 01:25 PM
wcdaily
Wizard needs food badly!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
I guess she hates Baseball. Not sure what the two have to do with each other though.

If I ever go to NYC, I should find her and follow her around, wearing a shirt that says Batty Boy.
It's a Jamaican sexual slur.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batty_boy
Old August 26th, 2011, 01:26 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

I liked it better when it was just gibberish. -.-

The Volcano Pokemon

Old August 26th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedpuppy View Post
I keep asking myself the same question since I was 14. Do I matter to these people? Because honestly I don't feel like it.
EDIT: By these people I mean politicians.
Everyone matters to them, they are just no politically correct, which isn't a bad thing.

Here's another topic: If you could change your sexual orientation would you?

Old August 26th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Sodom

lmao ok ok ok, am I the only one who kind of loves the term 'batty boy'? I've never heard of it before and I realise it's meant to be derogatory, but it sounds AWESOME. I sort of want to change my usertitle to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothitelle. View Post
Here's another topic: If you could change your sexual orientation would you?
We've had this question before lol, twice if I recall you're welcome to answer though, since you weren't around at the time! Well anyone's still welcome to answer really, but I don't see the point if you have before.

Old August 26th, 2011, 05:21 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
I wouldn't change my sexual orientation. It's a part of me, just like the rest of my life.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old August 26th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Gothitelle.
<3;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
lmao ok ok ok, am I the only one who kind of loves the term 'batty boy'? I've never heard of it before and I realise it's meant to be derogatory, but it sounds AWESOME. I sort of want to change my usertitle to it
your being such a batty boy! LOL

I'm liking it as well XD

Quote:
We've had this question before lol, twice if I recall you're welcome to answer though, since you weren't around at the time! Well anyone's still welcome to answer really, but I don't see the point if you have before.
Whoops sorry about that. I got the idea from another gay club I was in :p

Old August 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Sounds really stupid to me. lol

The Volcano Pokemon

Old August 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Renii
Se(Renii)ty

On the topic of people using gay as a term for "bad."

Idk if I have told posted this in this thread before but anyway. In India, people use the word "hijra" or "chhakka" as an insult. These people are basically transsexual or trangendered people. And this is considered as acceptable behaviour. Young children, like 5-6 year olds would also use words like this to insult each other, especially the effeminate ones.
And gay, hmm, almost everybody here considers being homosexual wrong, and gay is pretty much an insult, any way you use it :O

Back to the topic. When I first came out, one of my friends called me a ***. In his defense, he said that his peer group used the word as an insult always, and that he really didn't mean to offend me because he hadn't used that word in a homophobic way.
My point is, I can forgive people if they use the word *** or gay to say something is stupid, but I don't like the usage. I agree with Shining Raichu on this point, why do you need a new word which could offend others around you rather than just say what you actually mean?
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:42 AM
wcdaily
Wizard needs food badly!

Nature: Lonely
I would just like to mention, at my school, I hear gay more times when someone is insulting or making fun of gays or calling someone gay more times then I hear someone call something stupid gay. (That still happens though.) To be honest, that kinda bothers me a bit.
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM
an illegible mess.
the prince of guro.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to an illegible mess.
it's awesome that pc has a group like this too! i guess i'll join as a proud lesbian. ^^

Quote:
I would just like to mention, at my school, I hear gay more times when someone is insulting or making fun of gays or calling someone gay more times then I hear someone call something stupid gay. (That still happens though.) To be honest, that kinda bothers me a bit.
same at my school. everybody insults gays. i only know a handful of people who are for gay marriage and accept it. actually, one of the teachers at my school is a lesbian, and i hear all sorts of insults towards her from other kids. they don't say it in her face, but i hear people back talking about her. i stepped in someone's group where they were talking crap about her and told them that they should be more respectful, and that love is love and she is doing no wrong in loving the same gender. i don't know if they cared or not, as i walked away afterwards.
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I remember when Proposition 8 was proposed, I was the only one against it. In fact, there were many parents that walked around the school with support Proposition 8 signs. I wanted to scream at them every time I walked by. But thankfully, my English teacher was openly against it.

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
I remember when Proposition 8 was proposed, I was the only one against it. In fact, there were many parents that walked around the school with support Proposition 8 signs. I wanted to scream at them every time I walked by. But thankfully, my English teacher was openly against it.
The only teacher that ever expressed their opinion on it, my math teacher, was for it.
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Sodom

Welcome, an illegible mess.! (there's a sentence I never thought I'd say lol).

@ an illegible mess. and U_Flame - where do you guys live that are so homophobic?

Old August 29th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Esper

Since someone brought up Prop 8 that reminded me of a gay-marriage-debate-flow-chart I saw once. This one. It's amusing to read, and pretty helpful too, although it does contain a few instances of that certain 3-letter f-word, in a few quotations, on some of that "against" arguments. Just a warning.

deviantart blog pair
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:44 AM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

"Marriage is sacred."

"Britney Spears."

Yep, I'm convinced.

The Volcano Pokemon

Old August 29th, 2011, 05:49 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
Does anyone else think that it is more difficult for LGBT people to date? And that there are more strains in relationships than in heterosexual relationships generally?

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here