The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old Posted July 23rd, 2011 (08:24 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~

Episode 27: "Emolga and the New Volt Switch!"
Air Date: 23/07/2011

Old Posted July 24th, 2011 (11:50 AM).
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
This episode was really good, even though I dont like Emolga. I questioned myself this if Iris Emolga would finally stop thinking about apples? Maybe it would at the end of the series or in a couple of episodes. I also questioned if Snivy was jealous of Emolga or was it really annoyed? Because if that were me, I would be very annoyed.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old Posted July 24th, 2011 (02:02 PM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Oh my gosh. I just love Emolga. At last, a fresh new personality and just so cute. I do love Snivy, too, but it's so obviously the same personality as Buizel and Treeko before it. Although I do think it manages to pull it off better.

Actually, my favourite characters for BW so far are probably Emolga and Snivy. Usually my favourites are human, but none are appealing to me so far for BW :/ Bianca just irritates me, she's nothing on Barry if that's what they were going for.

I'm off to catch an Emolga~ I didn't realise it was rare the first time I came across it and ran away from it, though @~@
Old Posted July 24th, 2011 (02:11 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by Kenshin5.
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~ View Post
I also questioned if Snivy was jealous of Emolga or was it really annoyed? Because if that were me, I would be very annoyed.
I think Snivy was more annoyed by how Emolga was treating the other pokemon and how it was just being completely mischievous and plan annoying. If anything Emolga is jealous of Snivy cause it's already an established member of the group, and just want to get the attention to itself. And yes if I was Snivy I would be annoyed as well.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old Posted July 24th, 2011 (06:47 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I was starting to lose interest in the Anime but not anymore! What a great episode. It's really cool how they brought out the Pokemon's personalities! :D Emolga is so cute and funny xD Snivy cool, slick awesome personality is cool too. I want to see more of their rivalry. I like how Axew played the cool guy role and Oshawott the best pal xD I didn't know Simisear was that big, also, the "Who's that Pokemon" was a good one, I said Pansear xD

Really nice 5/5 episode.

PS. Any other Bianca fans out there? I can't wait to see her back
Old Posted July 26th, 2011 (08:38 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Bianca is one of my least favorite reoccurring characters. Usually, I'm not affected much by a character's voice, but for Bianca's personality ─ which is slightly annoying ─ it just doesn't fit at all. It puts me off with her character to be honest. Plus, I mentioned this before for the previous episode, but if they're trying to match her with Barry, it's not going so well. :\

However, I really enjoyed this episode altogether. The rivalry between Snivy and Emolga is certainly interesting. Not going to lie, but they did a better job working up this rivalry in one episode than with Ash and Trip in the past few episodes he showed up in. I loved how they put focus on the Pokémon's personalities, and am really glad they're not making Emolga just the cute one in the group. I believe if I was Cilan, I'd say it added a certain spice to the recipe!
Old Posted July 26th, 2011 (11:01 AM).
(=Nemesis=)
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
Oh my gosh. I just love Emolga. At last, a fresh new personality and just so cute. I do love Snivy, too, but it's so obviously the same personality as Buizel and Treeko before it. Although I do think it manages to pull it off better.
That Treecko turned out to be the most dudey-cool Pokemon Ash ever had. Snivy won't beat him so easily... then again, Treecko didn't become an internet meme the day after he was first shown.

(\__/)
(•˚.˚•),/\
()꜄꜂()v√
Old Posted July 26th, 2011 (02:55 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Bianca is one of my least favorite reoccurring characters. Usually, I'm not affected much by a character's voice, but for Bianca's personality ─ which is slightly annoying ─ it just doesn't fit at all. It puts me off with her character to be honest. Plus, I mentioned this before for the previous episode, but if they're trying to match her with Barry, it's not going so well. :\

However, I really enjoyed this episode altogether. The rivalry between Snivy and Emolga is certainly interesting. Not going to lie, but they did a better job working up this rivalry in one episode than with Ash and Trip in the past few episodes he showed up in. I loved how they put focus on the Pokémon's personalities, and am really glad they're not making Emolga just the cute one in the group. I believe if I was Cilan, I'd say it added a certain spice to the recipe!
All Bianca does too me thus far is go OMG that pokemon is soooo cute!!!!! Oh look it's Ash I think I'll knock him in some water. Wait another cute pokemon! I hope we get some developement out of her other then that perhaps Musicals since they are in Nimbasa already(in the Sub version).

As for Snivy vs. Emolga rivalry I can only see it get better in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (=Nemesis=) View Post
That Treecko turned out to be the most dudey-cool Pokemon Ash ever had. Snivy won't beat him so easily... then again, Treecko didn't become an internet meme the day after he was first shown.
Guy beat a Darkrai I mean really he could retire for the rest of his existence and he would still have killer street cred. Albeit he was Sceptile at the time. Still Treecko was a great pokemon when he was Treecko and Grovyle.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old Posted August 30th, 2011 (05:18 AM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I loved this episode! :3 Probably my favourite one of the season so far. The Emolga stuff was just so cute. Minccino getting hit with Volt Switch/Solarbeam was so funny. XD; I loved the Snivy/Emolga scenes, especially when they battled Simisear and then saved it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links