The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old August 30th, 2011, 11:26 AM
HackChu
I need a haircut...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Modest
I've been thinking, and I've relized something. I'm not trying to troll but I think it's worth mentioning. What happened to the good ol' days when battling against eachother with just relying on nothing but skill and level? These days it's all about leveling up IV's and EV's. I blame the hacking community on this because no one really knew about them until just a couple of years ago. Sure they were in the older games, but no one cared. It was all about fun. These days...there is no fun when battling. Not at all, IV leveling up is kinda like cheating to me, and most find it as a loophole to cheat and raise their IV's using action replay for when they go online.

I have to say, I haven't done much battling since HG/SS simply because people just care about winning and not the fun aspect. Just to break it down, it's always in the manner such as this.

IV and EV's raised.
Battle.
Raise stats a couple of turns since due to IV raising so high, you get less damge.
After raising and boosting some, attack.
Keep using the same Pokemon and commence the same strategy over and over and your opponents team has completely failed.
Do this all over again with others.

That's basically how the battles are. No one really has the time or effort to raise the IV and EV's of a team, and most people who do, do it the cheating way, which is no fun at all.

Come on trainers! If you're a real true blue Pokemon Master, play the right way, the fun way! HackChu over and out.

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links