• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon: The Fifth Pillar

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
Wow! Diane's OW looks pretty good!. Yes, in the first one, she looked a bit too big, but I think you've fixed that. This is coming along great! The environment is not in a black & white style, nice. Also the name-choosing thing seems to be working pretty well. I hope there is a male character soon though. Besides that, once again, the progress on this game is amazing! I can't wait for he demo!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Spoiler:

Alesandra
Fenris City
Female Rival

A confident young woman whom the main character runs into often throughout the game. She comes from a wealthy family in Fenris Island. Much like the other residents of the island, she speaks English poorly and often peppers her speech with French phrases. Alesandra set out on her journey with her heart-nosed Spoink mainly to find the cloaked man who saved her from a nasty accident when she was younger. Like the main character and Gavin, she finds herself caught up in the devious plot endangering all of Kulema.

She has no preference in Pokemon and catches what interests her.

Spoiler:

Gavin
The Ragnarof Deserts
Male Rival

A young man who sought to escape the nomadic lifestyle of the Ragnarof Deserts through a career in music. He's only looking for a purpose in life and he eventually finds one in a friendship with Diane/Apollo and Alesandra. Pokemon battling was never really his thing but he hopes to become good enough at it so that people will also pay attention to his music. His Jigglypuff accompanies him in all of his performances.

His Pokemon are all musically inclined.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Very cool art; hope it translates well to the ingame character sets
just saw diane video, very impressive.

Good Luck

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Wow, the video looks so good. Diane's sprite is amazing. :3 Minezumi did a great job with it.

Alexial also did an amazing job with the art. I want to play this game now. ;o;

can't let this thread die. ;-;

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Spoiler:

A little under a year ago, four strange looking witches appeared at the Great Tree of Yggdra and proclaimed that they would personally burn it down. It was their mother's wish and they could never disappoint their mother. Since then, they've appeared randomly; sometimes alone and sometimes together; and performed small acts of terrorism around around Kulema. Since their appearance, small tidbits of information of popped up about them:

Despite their almost cartoon-ish appearances, they do seem to be related. Each specializes in different kinds of magic however. They each carry around a different kind of sword but have never been seen using it in any matter other than performing magic.

Gemina - Also known as the "Grey Witch" and apparently the de facto leader when "Mother" isn't around. She wears a long hooded cloak that she uses to conceal her beautiful face most of the time. Demonic in appearance and behavior. She can turn her body into an invulnerable steel-like material. Her Pokemon are defensive in nature.
Spoiler:

Virgil - The only male of the group who calls himself the "Green Witch." Incredibly vain by nature, he uses his beauty and charm (and control over powerful spores) to get others to do his bidding. He proclaims the be the best swordsman in all the land but incapable of dueling due to a powerful magic sealed within his body.
Spoiler:

Leone - Easily the strongest physically of the four and otherwise known as the "Brown Witch." She is often confused as a male. She is incredibly protective of Scorpia and would do anything for her. She is rumored to have picked up an airplane on her own and tossed it ten feet in a fit of rage. She often clashes with Virgil on courses of action.
Spoiler:

Scorpia - The youngest of the witches who calls herself the "Blue Witch." Despite her nearly cherubic appearance, she is the most sadistic and potentially powerful of the four witches. It's been reported that she created the massive whirlpools that has locked Kulema in water-wise from the rest of the world. When angered, she begins to twist the knife in the back of her Cubchoo doll. This usually leads to a big boom in the nearby vicinity.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
Wow, Luke. You've got yourself quite the game here :O
It's amazing. The storyline and artwork catch my eyes most. The OW sprite of Diane is really good, too.
All those character bios seem well thought out.
A lake of lava seems practically impossible, as it would become stone right away. Unless you have like a super boiler under it, and have the lava flow constantly. But it's a world of magic and Pokémon, so who cares? xD
On another note, Have you decided on a trait for Bravery yet?

This looks like a really good game so far, and I hope you'll finish it someday. (The bigger projects usually die sooner than the smaller ones, of course, but with enough determination, I'm sure you can do it.)
Good luck.

Years
Just a tip of advice, imo, i think that scorpia's signature pokemon should be drapion, cuz, u know it goes with her name :3

Just saying, everything else looks good

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
Neither Skorupi or Drapion are in the pokédex, though, and I find it annoying when (in this case) people give a pokémon to a person just because it fits their name. If you're going to give someone a name that ties into the plot, do it well. >.<

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I took a break for a bit since I was working on the game too much. Expect in-game screenshots by the end of the week hopefully! I also wasn't going to have any Fakemon in my game but there's a precious concept that I can't not include in my game. She is very dear to my heart (pun intended) and she will be appearing in my game.

Benevolunt.png

167_f.png
167s_f.png

Benevolunt
Queen of Hearts Pokémon
5'0" / 103.9 lb
Ice/Psychic

75 HP / 70 ATK / 50 DEF / 130 SATK / 105 SDEF / 110 SPEED [540 BST]

Similar movepool to Jynx except she learns Hyper Voice at Level 1, Heart Swap at Level 63 and Regal Song at Level 70.

She evolves from Jynx at night when holding the Heart Crown. Despite her regal appearance, she is a fierce competitor who is ruthless in combat. Though rare in the wild, most will form giant castles made of ice to live in and force all of the local Pokémon to be her servants.

Regal Song -
StatusIC.gif
- Ice - -- BP - --% Acc - 20 PP - Increases the user's Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed by 1 stage.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I took a break for a bit since I was working on the game too much and took a break. Expect in-game screenshots by the end of the week hopefully! I also wasn't going to have any Fakemon in my game but there's a precious concept that I can't not include in my game. She is very dear to my heart (pun intended) and she will be appearing in my game.

Benevolunt.png

167_f.png
167s_f.png

Benevolunt
Queen of Hearts Pokémon
5'0" / 103.9 lb
Ice/Psychic

75 HP / 70 ATK / 50 DEF / 130 SATK / 105 SDEF / 110 SPEED [540 BST]

Similar movepool to Jynx except she learns Hyper Voice at Level 1, Heart Swap at Level 63 and Regal Song at Level 70.

She evolves from Jynx at night when holding the Heart Crown. Despite her regal appearance, she is a fierce competitor who is ruthless in combat. Though rare in the wild, most will form giant castles made of ice to live in and force all of the local Pokémon to be her servants.

Regal Song -
StatusIC.gif
- Ice - -- BP - --% Acc - 20 PP - Increases the user's Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed by 1 stage.
This thing should've been in the original Pokemon games! Ever since Diamond and Pearl! Although I still miss Ferroseed and Ferrothorn in this game :(

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Woow, this game looks amazing, I'm surprised I haven't left a comment here before.
The Jynx evo looks really good, it could even be official. I'm glad to see she's got an evo, like Electabuzz and Magmortar.

I love the story and the way you've planned everything, but isn't it a bit too early to state all the levels foor the gym leaders and the E4? You might've released a bit too much info concerning that, the audience doesn't need to know everything.

Anyway, good luck, I really hope you'll be able to finish this!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
As much as I didn't want to do this, I need to ask for help. My maps... just aren't cutting it. While I like mapping, I just can't get the level of maps I want to use in my game on my own. So if anyone would like to offer their services, I'd greatly appreciate it. (I could use help in all aspects of the game since I'm struggling but I'm still trying to learn.)

Years
As much as I didn't want to do this, I need to ask for help. My maps... just aren't cutting it. While I like mapping, I just can't get the level of maps I want to use in my game on my own. So if anyone would like to offer their services, I'd greatly appreciate it. (I could use help in all aspects of the game since I'm struggling but I'm still trying to learn.)

mapping isn't that hard, just need a lot of practice, and your skills will increase, ofc with anything :)
But good luck, i would help but i got my own project to work on hmm...

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years

C-can I map?

I'm a good mapper...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

I'll help map to if you want...
I map alot, some of my stuff goes to waste...
but here's most my stuff of dA: http://nintendork15.deviantart.com/gallery/32281696
The more lower down stuff have tile errors...

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
I'm with Gav and minezumi both:P
actually i would had helpedif i knew how to map with RmXP but i only know how to map with a-map:P
soooo good luck with the project...i really like the plot and such and the pokedex without the actual starters is ...good?:P
Wish ya luck!

Back