• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

no stop copying me ;;

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
In school, do (or did) you care if people tried to copy your work? Why, or why not?

I'm actually gonna answer this one myself. I'm completely fine with someone copying my work. Sure, they got a good enough grade to keep the teacher happy, but in an actual exam they're not gonna know the stuff and that's not my problem. If they're foolish enough to ask someone else for their work only to fail in the long-term then they're responsible for that, not me. Same with coursework; if someone wants to copy some coursework I've done then I don't mind. If they don't get caught then that's great; they've got the same grade as me. And if they do get caught? Then they're in trouble for that, not me. I still have my grade and they have nothing because they copied my work and that suits me just fine too!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I get what you mean by that when they get caught, it's not you who's gonna be in trouble, but them, so in the end none of it will be your problem, in what way ever. But I don't really like people taking credit for something I did. If it's a friend that couldn't finish something and needs some answers, it's no problem, but if someone asks me if they can copy my work because they didn't do it (for whatever reason), I don't think I'd let them because at that point, I did my work, and the other person didn't. What's the whole point of getting a bad grade for not doing your job, if you can copy it and get a good grade anyway? There's nothing to learn from that. The whole point of getting a bad grade is to warn you that you have to do it or you'll just get another bad one. Of course then you could say, 'why not help someone else out?', but like you already said, it's not at all my problem. I just want there to be distinction between people who did their work, and people who didn't, and if people start copying other works, then there is no point of doing it at all.

And also just the fact that I can't sympathize with people easily, and - this might be a little bad of me to say -, that I actually don't mind it at all when someone gets a bad grade for not doing their work, not even if I could have prevented it. But like I said before, if it's someone I know well who couldn't do some of the work due to a certain reason, I'd help out.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I'll only let someone copy off me if they have helped/will help me whenever I need help or need someone to copy of off too. :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Yeah... I don't care if they call me names or whatever, because they need to get off their lazy butts and do their own work. Plus if you get caught I'd get in trouble too.

Years
I didn't care if people copied my homework at all when I was in grade school, until I was caught. Then I was like "here's my paper, re-word your answers so it's not obvious." That was my philosophy on it the rest of my school days. :p Sometimes stuff happened and homework didn't get done, so I understood and let people copy. It's been awhile since I've been in school so I can't remember if I did much copying off of others, though.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
If I'm friends with them, then yes. Copy away. But if I hate them or just feel like being a douche, I won't. <: I do copy off others sometimes, mainly because I daydream and miss important information. ;-; I hate sitting by myself or with someone I don't like because then I can't copy. bleh.

Raizhu

the end
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
I hate it when people do that. Occasionally I might bail out a friend, but if somebody tries to look over my shoulder and copy my work, I get really ticked off.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I always used to let people copy from me. I found it flattering that they found my answers worth copying, it meant I was smart :P - and as Razor Leaf said, they won't know what they're doing when the actual exam comes so if you're worried that they'll use your answers to get ahead then you needn't stress yourself about it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I really don't mind if they do. As long as they don't drag me into it then I don't care. I'd try and encourage them to learn for themselves cause in the long run they don't get anything from copying(and they probably aren't really reading into what you have down as it is). If they want the answers then they can ask for help instead of copying. I'd be more glad to help them find the answer or share notes then just say "Hey this is the answer blah".

Years
I never copied anyone's homework. It just seemed too easy to get caught or just more work than I felt like doing. I mean, if I didn't do my homework it wasn't because I forgot, but because I didn't care. I wasn't the best student in high school so I didn't always do my homework and I didn't like a lot of people in my classes so it never came up anyway.

And in college you just couldn't get away with something like that. Or at least I would never want to try and risk all kinds of more severe punishments.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
For me, It depends who the person is. If it is one of my friends, I let them copy of my work. But if the person is someone who I do not talk to, then I will not share my work.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I do care on the grounds that both of us would be made to redo our work.
If only copiers were reprimanded, I wouldn't be so concerned, but I would still care since how to they prove who copied?
Being misunderstood, to the inclusion of being (potentially) wrongly punished, is one of the things I hate most in life.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
It annoyed me because many of my teachers had a policy where both parties would be penalized in the case of copying. I didn't mind it so much for math or science where there were short answers and you were either right or wrong, but I'd never let anyone copy something like a paper.

That didn't stop others from trying though, but at least I was wanted mostly for my math/science knowledge.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Sometimes I was the copier, other times I was the copiee. In any event, I was never really fussed about it unless I put lots of effort into my own answers. Then it became degrading when people just copied yours without any of the thought.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
The only cheating or copying me and my friends do is off each other, like if someone forgot their homework or forgot to do it >.> Then we copy each other at break or lunchtime. >.>

Otherwise, I don't copy. Also, I write REALLY closely to my paper (naturally), so people don't copy me.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

I don't really like it when someone I don't really get along with starts asking me if they can copy me. HECK NO! But if it is a friend, then why not, I'm sure they'd let me copy them. But other than that, no. I wouldn't like it if they copied me without permission, since I could get into trouble if they copied every exact word. I don't usually copy at all though. xD;

Last edited:
Back