The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Manga/Comics

Notices

Pokémon Manga/Comics Here you can talk about the manga (comics), discuss your favs, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 8th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Aww I missed his birthday! How old is he now, 20? xD;
Old August 8th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Lolipiece
Burst Warrior

He's 16 until we get a confirmation stating otherwise...
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:30 AM
chamo-chan
Plush maker :U

Nature: Naive
So. to jumpstart this places' life....

What was the first pokemon manga you've read? (It can be Special or something else. :U )

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:59 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamo-chan View Post
So. to jumpstart this places' life....

What was the first pokemon manga you've read? (It can be Special or something else. :U )
Electric Tale of Pikachu! ehhh..... or is it Isamu Akai Pocket Monster?

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
It was a few chapters of Electric Tail of Pikachu, because we had a small comic book of it. I have nooo idea where it went. The second one would have to be when I read Pokemon Special for the first time, but wasn't really hooked on it 'til I reread it in 2008. Between the first time and second time I had read a lot of Pokemon Magical Journey. :)
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:01 PM
System!
HM....................... .....

Nature: Mild
First manga I SAW was Electric Tale of Pikachu. The first manga I purchased and read was Special. I got hooked by the story and wanted more of the action (I think it was around the time Special was going out of print. I bought my volume at a secondhand store.). I lurked on the PC manga forum (mostly cause I was too chicken to register) and kinda sorta got into the fandom a couple years ago.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:23 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamo-chan View Post
Mine was Electric Tale of Pikachu. I got 4 comics of it for Christmas from my aunt one year. I quite liked the story.
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Glaciezxstar
zzz.

Pokespecial, I think. xD

I remember re-reading my stack of RBGY and GSC arc books over and over again during midnight 'cuz I was too afraid to sleep alone.

Why is this section so dead? D:
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Lolipiece
Burst Warrior

It's dead because the manga section of Pokemon is one of the least talked about subjects.

It's so sad. It's my favorite...
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:38 PM
chamo-chan

The first Pokemon manga I read was Pokemon Special after I spent some hours on the internet wondering if there even was a Pokemon manga after someone off handedly mentioned a Pokemon manga. Turns out, there were tons and tons of them, but I ended up finding Pokemon Special first. Also, technically, the first Pokemon manga I saw was one I found at our library one day. I can't remember what the heck it was about, other than there were Pokemon in it. >n<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipiece View Post
It's dead because the manga section of Pokemon is one of the least talked about subjects.

It's so sad. It's my favorite...
we had a really lively, fun club for pokemon special/adventures, but it got closed. :'C I miss it. So much.

You are right about that Loli... *sigh*

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~
Old September 2nd, 2011, 05:59 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

The first Pokemon manga I 'read' was 'The Electric Tale of Pikachu'. I had a very small book of it with perhaps one or two chapters. Of course, that's not really enough to get me into something, haha. Few years down the road I moved to where I live now, where they have the first three volumes (the original ones, not the rereleased ones) of Pokemon Special. That's where I first read it, but I wasn't hooked until 2008 when I read it again. That's also when I read Pokemon Magical Journey as well. :D;

As for this section it can become more active if more people simply posted more in it. I knew there are plenty of Pokemon Special fans, but yeah... they just need to talk about it more.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

/me doing my part to make it more active...hopefully xD

There should be some manga-specific events to draw people over here, tbh. I'm sad that Red's birthday just passed because that would have been a perfect time to have an event in here. :(
Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
chamo-chan

Does anyone know when Pokemon Special was first published?
maybe we can make that day Pokemon Special day?

Also here is a topic I want you guys to answer:

What kind of Pokemon manga crossover would you like to see? (I mean amongst the Pokemon mangas themselves, such as Pokemon ReBURST or DPA!, not other fandoms)

I would really like to see a meeting between Hareta from DPA! and Sapphire from PokeSpe. Best wild buddies.

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~

Last edited by chamo-chan; September 3rd, 2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Red's birthday coincides with the release of the first PokeSpe book, August 8th. I like the way you think though!

I'm sure there's some kind of event to celebrate, it'll just take a bit of thinking. Maybe something related to the B/W manga, or a manga translation like the GT8 event?
Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
chamo-chan

The most we can do is celebrate other dex holders' birthdays.
:Ua

I think the next one coming up is Sapphire's...idk. :Ua

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~
Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Yeah, Sapphire's is next on September 20th.

Which brings up a good question...on Bulbapedia, Dia, Pearl, and Platina don't show as having birthdays. While I understand Black and White not having any yet, was this laziness on the creators' part, or just Bulbapedia missing information? :(
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:24 AM
chamo-chan

I think Bulbapedia is missing information. :U I remember that Dia and Pearl's birthdays came out around the time Vol. 38 came out, but I have no clue when they are.
I just remember that Dia's birthday is sometime in December. :Ua.

Hi everyone.

~Plushies * DeviantArt~
Old September 4th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Lolipiece
Burst Warrior

As far as I know, that info was false. We get stupid users who add false info all the time....but I'm not sure right now.

I hid the info until someone had proof of it, though...
Old September 4th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

I've been trying to confirm birthdays somewhere else but my Google-fu is failing and I'm not sure how the other ones were released, so not sure where to specifically look. :<

I think having events for every character's birthday would be a bit much though. Even with the birthdays I collected as known, that's 9 events a year, 2 of them within one day of each other (Emerald - May 31, Blue - June 1), and 2 in the same month (Ruby and Gold are both in July). I am intending to run an event here though, maybe it'll bring some good activity back.
Old September 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I know basically all the Pokedex Holder's birthday because I'm silly like that. xD For birthdays that are close to eachother (first that comes to mind is definitely Emerald's and Blue's) you can possibly have a joint event for them. Or perhaps you have have an event for each of 'em that is in a certain period of time (like for Gold and Ruby. They could probably have the same event because they're close enough, and if you really wanted to add Red to the mix because his isn't too far behind Gold's).

The birthdays seem to be closer together during Spring/Summer, and then they start to spread out a bit between Red's and Yellow's birthdays as far as I can tell. xD;

But yeah. I haven't heard any news about Dia and Pearl having birthdays. I would assume a site that is more up-to-date with this kind of stuff would have it. :( I know Serebii keeps pretty good track of things like that, but they don't have a birthday for them either.
Old September 6th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Just throwing it out there that I have a few events planned for later this month. So look forward to it, hopefully we can pull some of the fans back to this section :)
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:55 AM
JB2448
A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie

Good. This is my favorite manga sub-forum among the "big three" Pokémon message boards, so I'm glad it's going to be getting some love.
Old September 7th, 2011, 12:58 PM
ForeverFlygon
Sarcasm is Wincasm!

Okay, has anyone read the Viz translation for pokespecial vol.14? 'Cause they really ruined the amusing scene with Gold and Blue in the last chapter. Well, at least they didn't edit it entirely, like the pokeboobs scene.

I'm more popular on the WPRP forums. I'm the only other person there. EPIC PHAIL
http://warriorsprophecyrpg.proboards.com/index.cgi
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:00 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Who's gonna have their birthday this month? I expect heavy wave of fan arts when it happen.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Lolipiece
Burst Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlygon View Post
Okay, has anyone read the Viz translation for pokespecial vol.14? 'Cause they really ruined the amusing scene with Gold and Blue in the last chapter. Well, at least they didn't edit it entirely, like the pokeboobs scene.
Oh really? From what I see they improved it.

They clearly made Gold even more of a pervert by saying it was an accident.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links