The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 26th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
It's time for the Daybreak Town contest!
Old June 26th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I like the idea of how they came up with Dee Dee. Diamond Dandruff. It sounds so sophisticated. The rest of the episode is alright but that's only because I really cared about the origin for her nickname and to watch her fear of Plusle and Minun. The appeals were really boring though so it had that going for it.
Old June 26th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
I really did like this episode. Here are some of my highlights. Oh and a side note, if you don't know who is Ursula, then you should watch the episode Another One Gabites the Dust!

So that's why Dawn was called Dee Dee for "Diamond Dandruff" and that's why Dawn freaks out to the point of fainting whenever she sees Plussle (sp?) and Minun.

Ursula isn't that bad this episode. She's more of a "mini-rival" this time.

Loved Jesselina's Contest performance. It was cool how she combined Seviper and Carnivine's attacks. And the flute playing!

Hmm...Jigglypuff's Hyper Voice...liked Dawn's and Ursula's performance as well.

Looking forward to the Contest Battle. Let's see...Mamoswine and Cyndaquil, Plussle and Minun, and whatever Jesselina has up her sleeve.

9.5/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:00 AM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Several things I liked about that episode:
1. Dawn saying Oh no no no no no no no no no no no no no no., after seeing Plusle and Minun.
2.Dawn, Kenny, and Leona were so cute in Kindergarten.
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Wow, an episode that made my Saturday fully. Pretty rare...... back then. But now I find these episodes fine.

And who would have guessed? Diamond Dandruff. Lovely nick for a girl who cares about her looks.

Oh, and Buneary tries to assault Pikachu once again. I WANT MORE OF THAT ACTION!
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:45 AM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
I think it is cute that Buneary loves Pikachu. It is hilarious when Buneary hugs, or does something to Pikachu, that means that it likes him. I wonder if Pikachu will like Buneary in the future. Probably won't, because he developed Ash's mannerisms, and Ash is clueless about love.
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Lol they made a poke version for the story of the race between the hare and the turtle, the buneary and turtwig!!!

Jigglypuff basket ball!!!! I WANT ONE!!! LOL

omg, ursula had such a long performance... is that even allowed? lol

Can't wait for the next episode :D Even though we all know what happens XD

Old June 26th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Buneary has more of an "obsessive" kind of crush on Pikachu.

I can see Pikachu maybe gaining SOME interest in Buneary after some freak events. But that's too improbable now, we're too close to the Sinnoh League already.
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Trap-Eds
Dig a hole, dig a hole........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Can't wait for the next episode :D Even though we all know what happens XD
We do? xD

I dunno why, but I have a feeling the whole "dee dee" joke was funnier in Japan...even though "Diamond Dandruff" is pretty funny. xD

Jessie used an ARBOK PokeFlute...that scene would've been better in my opinion if Seviper had danced a bit more coming out of Carnivine's mouth. You know, like a cobra "dancing" along with a snake charmer...

Rating: 9/10! I'm betting either Dawn or Jessie might win.
:cer_boogie:
Old June 26th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
This is my favorite episode of this season yet.

Diamond Dandruff is why she's called "DD" ! That made me crack up for 5 minutes... I wonder if that was the original plot for the name and who in the hell thought of it! Genius.

Jesse's contest performance was amazing and I loved how the flute she used was of an Arbok. Cute.

Ursula is interesting but I wish we would be seeing more of her after this contest is done.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I was surprised hearing about why Dawn was always called Dee Dee. I never did watch this episode beforehand in Japanese, so I didn't know what to expect. I would have never guessed in a million years would it have been through "Diamond Dandruff." Original, yes?

The only thing unoriginal about this episode it seems is that it pretty much reflects the episode where May was going to try and get her 5th Ribbon at Pacifidlog Town back in Hoenn. Here, she faced off against Harley where he used her own embarrassing stories as a child against her to break her down. This time, Ursula is using Dawn's fear of Plusle and Minun to carry her down in the contest (the contest where Dawn could possibly win her 5th ribbon). So, there's a bit of similarity there, but we'll see how it all wraps up - at least for those who do not already know.
Old June 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
Wow... Buneary takes 'obsession' to a whole new level...

This was an alright episode... I like how they're filling in a bit of backstory to Dawn, Kenny and Leona. And I like Ursula - Dawn needs an edgy rival like her to keep her on her toes. And Jessie actually came up with an intersing appeal with her snake charmer thing. The next episode is the battle round so it promises to be pretty interesting.

But I think the Sinnoh adventure's dragging on too long... I want it to end already.
There's still 12 more episodes before the Grand Festival, so thats another three months. We won't be seeing the Grand Festival in English till September. And the Sinnoh league won't start until November or so.
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
"So the Turtwig challenged the Buneary to race to the top of the hill......"

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
"Diamond Dandruff".... Yeah, it would suck to be called that throughout your entire childhood.

I liked the episode. I though Jessie's appeal was very creative. The Arbok flute was a nice touch. I thought the ending was funny. It had this whole dramatic tension thing going, and then out of nowhere Plusle and Minun pop up. XD
Old June 28th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Come to think of it...Buneary does seem to have some kind of thing for Pikachu. So does that explains why he didn't have feelings for that Phione way back when? (Hold the Phione!)

I wonder what Jesselina will have up her sleeve in the Contest Battle. I really want her to win.

Side Note: How much freakin' longer do we have to wait until they get to Sunyshore City? It's been like 50 episodes since Candice and Snowpoint City? (note the exaggeration) I want to see Ash fight Volkner already!

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:03 PM
GlalieX
Ruler of Illusion

I'm just ready to get the fifth ribbon out of the way.
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:14 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I loved Jessie's moves in this, I feel she's best fit for contests but oh wells.
Dawn's name is weirdXD
I love her new rival, two steps a head of Zoey and Kenny sheesh.
Almost to the Grand Festival. So fast wow.
Over all fun episode.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Almost caught up now..I liked this episode

- lol Ash, Dawn's supposed to be scared of Pokemon she hasn't caught? -_- What about the Weedle you didn't catch in like the 4th ep? -_-
- Huh, so dandruff sparkles
- "Diamond Dandruff" is actually creative, wasn't expecting that
- Oh lol...I love it when they move up their arm into a fist and it makes a "whoosh" noise
- Wow, i've just realised how much they have to edit the audio for speech in programmes, how contest lady person's voice changes in the different scenes she's in, in the contest hall, from the big screen, the tv, surrounding a house, it all sounds really different
- I'm your homo-host, Marian! LOL
- I hate tr rhyming, it just makes no sense, "you can't argue too much, I say, because I'll just swoop in and take your ribbon away" wtf??
- Aww, Arbox flute
- Was the flute dub?
- Jessie's performances was really creative
- URGHH, Chingling's, I hate them from that episode...
- Wow, that was a quiet Hyper Voice...
- Huh, so the whole part isn't in this episode?
- Haha, I *loved* how when "Satoshi's Battle Decision" ended, Minun and Plusle popped up XD

Music kept: (7)

Team Rocket's Sneaking theme
Kimi no Soba de ballad theme
Contest theme
Jessie's performance
Kimi no Soba de battle version
Satoshi's Battle Decision
Music at the end
Old September 5th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Dawn turned rather cute in this episode! Jessie's performance was actually pretty decent this time and Ursula... Eurghhh. She deserves to lose! Good ol' Mamoswine and Cyndaquil, you two are always gonna be top. Dawn's hair was pretty funny too and nice to find out the origin of Dee Dee, but only 7/10.

Sponsored Links