• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Humanum Familiares [Best Rookie/Most Original Aug/Sep '11]

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Kenna spotted 'Mist' across the room, he was running towards her. She took one quick look at the beast and saw that it had been shot. Fear was spreading inside of Kenna but she also felt something else, It was anger. She was angry that Samantha had died, angry because she had just seen this boy change into a monster which was trying to kill everyone and most of all, she was angry because she was defenseless.

'Mist' reached her side and started saying something to her but could not make out what he was actually saying. It pulled her out of her thoughts and that was when that pain hit her hard. The pain was coming from her hip and from her ankle. She must have twisted it.

Kenna took one more quick look at the beast and realised it must nearly be as angry as she was because it was heading right towards her and 'Mist'. With all of the pain, fear and anger flowing through her, she found it hard to breath. It was all becoming too much for Kenna and she let out one scream of pain and frustration. By letting it out then, she some how managed to make her fire come alive again. It surrounded her and knocked everyone around her along with 'Mist' backwards. It sent one last blow on the beast before it faded. Talk about fire having a short temper. Kenna took one look around her before everything went black.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Alex sat up in his bed when he saw his familiar rush towards the door, and try to open it. She pulled out the doorknob.

"Oh, THANKS A LOT." Alex said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Umm, sorry about that…I honestly didn't know I was that strong," The girl smiled, and placed the knob down. She seemed to be about his age.

The girl spoke again, this time trying to sound threatening and calm at the same time. Alex wasn't threatened; he was the one who had control over the situation.

"So, Alex…mind explaining some stuff to me? Like, where I am, and what the hell is going on?"

"To put it quite bluntly, you're in a place called Tristein. I'm a mage, who uses magic. We summon a being who becomes our slave for life, who is called a Familiar. You're my Familiar." He said everything in a neutral voice. He knew the girl would never believe him, but neither he nor she could change the truth.

"Now, I told you what I can. Now it's your turn. What's your name?" He asked.

But before she could answer, a letter flew into the room. "All students and their respected familiars are required to come to the Grand Hall for an Emergency Briefing... also a special not for those who have summoned... commoner familiars, you are to report to my office immediately first thing tommorow morning. Signed, Headmaster, Parton Awenston." The letter then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Alex wondered what the meeting was about, but he didn't have time. "Let's go," He said. He grabbed the girl's hand, and dragged her towards the Grand Hall.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Students I regret to inform you that your friend and loved one Smantha has died in her sleep... Despite our best magical cures we could not heal her I'm sure most of you know by now the severity of the matter. Samantha was found with three enchanted arrows in her chest. The magic used was completely uknown to us... but it bore a dark and sinister precense. This has led us to believe the culprit may be a member of the long lost heritage of.... the void mage."

Alex was left in a state of shock. He didn't know Samantha, but he did know one thing. Void magic wasn't something common.

"I can't believe that that kind of magic is back.... and why would anybody want to kill a student?" He thought.

He turned to his Familiar, and said, "Let's go. Back to my room. It's time we both had a chat got to know each other.... cause it seems like we're gonna be stuck together for a while." He grabbed her hand, and led her back to his room.

(OOC: Sorry this is late... busy with exams and all.)

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Thank god the beast's attack on Andre was weak, and it didn't cause any internal and external bleeding. His stomach hurt, but that was it. No dizziness, no blindness, no nothing, which was really fortunate for him, as he knew that the beast's normal attacks couldn't possibly be this weak and nonthreatening. "Andre!" Adria yelled, running over to him "Are you okay?" she whispered, then she gulped as she turned and faced the wild creature.

"No...d-don't! Run!" Andre spoke, his eyes full of fear, but she wasn't planning to chicken out. Channeling some mysterious blue ball of energy, she fired a jet of water, but it fizzled and backfired, swirling back at the caster like a boomerang, blasting her away towards a wall. The beast was still staring at her, approaching her as if she was his lunch or something, but a boy shot the creature from behind with a gunblade like object, and the rampaging monster turned, charging towards another target. Scrambling to his feet, Andre rushed to his mistress' side, holding her gently, preventing her from falling, then slowly lowered her down, allowing her to sit against the wall. There was a little wound on her forehead, and Andre's heart was burning - seeing her in so much pain was practically torture.

"I-I'll be right back...stay here." Andre whispered, getting up to his feet, making sure that the beast was nowhere near her before running towards it again with Volo. Grabbing a chain on the ground, he swung it around with his right hand as if it was a lasso, then slammed the chain forward as if it was a whip, slashing the beast's side. Then with one quick attack, Andre's 'lasso' was wrapped around one of the beast's foot. Seeing his chance, the commoner pulled, forcing the beast to fall over by lifting one of his feet into the air.

Just then there was a large fire explosion, and everybody, including Andre was knocked away by a few meters. Trying to find where the fire came from, Andre was surprised when he saw the fire coming from a beautiful girl with long brownish hair, which was about his age. What magic can do these days... Andre thought, but when the fire faded, the girl lost consciousness, and if she fell with her head crashing onto the floor, she was doomed. Zooming forwards to her, he held her before her head could touch the cold hard floor, then placed her onto the ground gently before continuing his fight with the beast.

"Here little beast!" Andre cried, taunting the creature, then ran around in circles, round and round the monster, confusing him with his fast speed. The beast couldn't see the boy at all, and he could only see a few blurred shadows and lines surrounding him. I'm running even faster than I did in the corridors. How fast can I be? Then when the beast had his back turned to him, Andre punched the monster from behind.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
A boy who was dressed differently like him had saved Kenna... Josh couldn't help feeling a pang of guilt that he didn't do it... but the fire blast from Kenna had launched him too far back to get there in tim.

How the boy had done so confused Josh... but this was no time to think about that.

Josh charged at the best and jumped up in the sir swerving past the boy who was attacking the beast and shot it in the temple as the other boy launched a superspeeded puch into its head. The creatures head cracked with a sickening crunch. But it wasn't done yet. It reeled up about to crash down on the boy, Josh landed right beside him just in time and aimed his gun at its chest.

"Take this you son of a b*tch!" Josh cried as he pulled the trigger multiple times emptying his round.

Shot after shot drove into the beasts chest knocking it back and slicing through its already wounded vital organs. The beast roared in pain as it fell back from its standing position and cracked on its back.

It appeared dead so Josh breathed a sigh of relief.

However he suddenly herd a roar as the beast began to right itself.

Josh turned ready to fight again but suddenly....

A rain of fire, water, wind and stone came crashing down on the beast literally slicing its body into pieces.

A light mist covered the area and cleared to reveal a blood stained heart shaped indentation on the ground. It was over.

Josh turned to see the headmaster hold his loosely aimed staff as he leaned against his broken podium, he had mastered the four elements and even in his weakened state was able finish off the beast. He didn't do anything else other than speak three simple words.

"My office... now." and with that he disappeared in a whirlwind of emerald gusts.

Josh quickly rushed to Kenna to find her passed out. He picked her up and held her in his arms. She felt... heavier than he expected. But soft at the same time. Her eyes were closed, she must have worn herself out with that burst of magic. He held her tight as he walked across the room.

He approached the girl who had shot the ice crystals, she wore the uniform so she probably knew where they were headed.

"Obviously I have no idea where that mans office is... you think we could head up together?"

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
For most of the fight Kiroku stood where he was and threw punches and kicks into the air with the same enthusiasm he had for the heel kick he delivered onto the beast's head. He really couldn't help it; his own skill amazed him. None of the fights back on Earth allowed him to see them and get a good feel of their potential. If he had, though, maybe he wouldn't have experimented like he did. He would've tried something safer, like make continuous strikes to the back or just not attack at all.

Then the blast of fire appeared from the girl Miharu had saved in the beginning of the fight, and the boy felt himself being lifted up and knocked back into the air. At the same time, though, he saw Miharu caught in the same force and was also being pushed away. The same instinct to protect her came back, but this time it was stronger. She didn't seem pleased the first time, but I had to... Not only did I feel it naturally, but something else, like now, is telling me to keep her safe, Kiroku thought, controlling his flight backwards as he planted a hand on the ground and contorted his body, Sorry, Miharu. Be mad at me later, but I have to obey this instinct! Kiroku was now on his feet as they were grinding on the ground to halt his progression towards a wall. As soon as he stopped, a sudden sense came to him and he caught a glimpse of Miharu heading for her own impact with a wall. Leaping off from his stopping stance, the familiar dashed at an even greater speed (not as fast as someone with a more speed-specific power, but it was almost blurring to normal standards) and leaped for his mage. He relied on his timing as he contorted in the air, caught Miharu in mid-leap, landed on one foot, and manipulated his master's body to stand her up right before the second foot landed as well. He did it, and he sighed as he dropped to the ground and sat down. The moment made him feel so tense that he had to catch his breath. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest. What a rush... it was a little overwhelming; the boy putting his arms out behind him to support his body leaning back. However, something got caught under his hand, and it made him turn around an look in surprise. Fortunately it wasn't the blade-part, because he had his hand on the pole of a discarded naginata! A naginata? It doesn't seem magical in any way... Kiroku thought, picking the weapon up and examining it with a closer look. It appeared finely crafted with a pitch-black pole and a good fifteen-to-twenty inch blade. Black tendrils seemed to branch between the pole and blade, and they reached out and back to seem to almost grasp the blade. A small button was randomly placed on the pole, in between where the hands would go in the standard stance, but that was probably the method to disconnect the two halves that made up the weapon. Kiroku could see the ring where the two rods connected; there was probably a second blade, a pike, on the inside. Maybe it was in one of the display cases? As long as I'm here, I may as well get my own weapon to protect myself and others.

Soon after he picked it up, the headmaster suddenly jumped in and destroyed the creature like it was nothing. To see the battle over so suddenly was... disappointing. Oh well, it looked like things were going down the toilet and there would be more chances to fight and prove himself in the future. The headmaster told them to go to his office, but the boy had no idea where it was. Standing up, Kiroku looked to Miharu, just as Josh was, to lead him. He also added a quick "Did I do well?" in reference to both his first attack and preventing her from hitting the wall. He seemed to really want feedback... hopefully it was positive.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
((OOC: Sorry this is kind of late; I've been sick recently, and I have...two projects that are due that I still have to do. -.-; Plus, it's raining really heavily here and I had to walk quite a few blocks through the rain, causing me to be completely soaked...))

The girl Miharu saved, she looked familiar, Kenna?, sent out a fire blast that lifted everyone off their feet and flying in opposite directions. Miharu turned, in order to land on her feet and kick off the wall, but Kiroku caught her and dropped her to the floor so she would stand. He himself, slumped down, exhausted. Miharu rolled her eyes slightly, carefully watching as one of the "commoner" familiars used his gun to harm the beast and the headmaster finished it off.

"My office...now," stated the headmaster, before disappearing in a gust of emerald wind.

The boy who helped harm the beast walked up to Miharu and asked whether or not she knew where the headmaster's office was. Kiroku also asked her if he did well and Miharu nodded in response. Although, she would rather not have him trying to "save" her; she hated feeling helpless and weak. Miharu knew she wasn't strong, and would never be strong enough.

"Follow me," she stated shortly, before walking out of the hall and to the direction of the headmaster's office. "I assume that you are one of the familiars that have been summoned from Earth. My name is Miharu and, yes, I am a student here at this school, obviously."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Adria stood a small gash on her forehead that was bleeding and hurt a lot but she went over to Andre not paying it any mind. "Are you hurt?" she asked after watching the headmaster finish off the beast.

"My office...now," stated the headmaster, before disappearing in a gust of emerald wind.

Adria sighed and nodded taking Andre's hand trying not to blush "Thanks for saving me" she said before going after the others recognizing Miharu from one of her classes. "Miharu! Wait up" she called leading Andre after the others. Before she caught up to them she stopped for a moment and looked at Andre "I mean it thanks a lot" she said smiling a little bit not feeling really scared of him anymore "I'm sure we'll be great friends" she added blushing a bit before they kept walking after the others.

(sorry for the lame post just generally kinda depressed today)

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
(just remember guys, nobody knows Joshs name, they refer to him as Mist)

Josh followed the others up a flight of spiral stairs, Miharu was in front of him with Kiroku by his side and Adria and Andre were behind him.

He still clutched Kenna tightly to his head.

"I assume that you are one of the familiars that have been summoned from Earth. My name is Miharu and, yes, I am a student here at this school, obviously."

Josh had smirked in reply.

"Hmmm looks like you're the only one thats been making sense today and yes your correct, names Mist. But nows not the time for conversation, I suggest we further discuss this when we're not injured and we're all currently concious." He said gesturing to Kenna with a nod.

From there they had exited the East door of the great hall and had began climbing a massive set of stairs. Once at the top there was a singular door with the emblem of the new kingdom of tristein (a griffon) grafed onto it.

The door opened and a secretary led them inside, she seemed strangely familiar to Josh...

After going through the office they were led through another similar door to findthe headmaster sitting before them with a bandage on his head and a worried look on his face.

"Sit." he said gesturng to some chairs in front of them.

They all sat down and Josh propped Kenna on his lap.

"It concerns me... that you would have summoned your peculiar familiars the same day we are attacked by a void mage. I'm not accusing you of anything. At least not yet... I just wanted to get that out of the way and let you know I have my eye on you."

Josh grimaced, this old bag really thought they could be involved?! Despite his anger Josh knew better than to voice his anger.

"I thought, no knew, that at least a small ammount of void magic was being used in the killing of Ms.Samantha Lockheart. However the magic used tonight was something much more powerful and deadly. What you saw happen to that boy was a pure form of void magic known only as chaos. There are many legends regarding chaos... but perhaps the most prominent and the most believable considering the shape of the mess the beast left behind, is the legend of the chaos heart, this legend only makes you look further guilty, but as of yet I have no proof..."

"Now hang on." Josh interupted.

"What is this Chaos Heart?"

"Hmmmm..." The headmaster rasped.

"The story my boy is an old one from long before my time. But I will try my best to tell it to you."

It all started five hundred years ago...

The man crouched in front of the obsidian clock, his servant had done her job and the second sacrifice had been made.

They said there was once a beautiful woman, who was dreadful at magic, they called her "the zero" due to her inability to master a single spell.

The man began to chant.

"Oh Chaos heart, center of the void!"

However upon the day she summoned her familiar it was discovered that she was a void mage... she had summoned a commoner familiar.

"A sacrifice of a student from your former home has been made! Now the seal on your prison shall unwind and your glorious journey shall be the second of twelve steps completed in order for you to be freed!"

She had many adventures and one day in battle her familiar died o save her, she was so angry that she casted a massive void spell that wiped out a whole fifty mile radius, in the process she transformed her own soul into a constantly shattering and reforming crystalyne heart that used the pure power of the void to sheild itself. She had become the chaos heart.

"Now clock of the seeling void! Move a step forward to releasing your prisoner!!! O sacrum signum et sigillum utilitas ad nucleum continent inane moveri primum chaos duodecim gradus releas corde!!!"

The strongest mages of all the land formed together and created an obsidian clock, they sealed the chaos clock in a hidden location and it was never heard from again."

The clocks hour hand shifted and rested on two as the man laughed with sadistic glee.

However a seal that powerful has its loopholes, they say when a pentagon mage, a master of the four elements and void together, sacrifices twelve students of tristein, the clock will complete a full rotation and the chao heart will be released into the mages control.

"Thats the story... start to finish... now I want you to leave me for now, continue about your usual lives and I will contact you when the need arizes."

The group left to go back to their respective rooms Josh was getting tired of carrying Kenna so he slumped her over his shoulder instead.

"Wait boy." The headmaster said.

Josh stopped and turned and saw the headmaster holding a black bladed gunblade with red-silver mechanics.

"You can't fight using that rusty old piece of junk forever. Here take this its known as the gunblade of chains and it has served the greatest soldiers of Tristein in its years. Use this if you want to survive."

Josh took the gunblade nodded and left without another word, as nothing else needed to be said.

Josh arrived at the room and collapsed to his knees after laying Kenna on the bed.

He rolled into the pile of hay by the bedside and let himself feel comfortable. He looked up at the girl who lay sleeping on the bed. It would seem he would be stuck with her for a while... but maybe that wouldn't be so bad.

With that though Josh closed his eyes and began to fall asleep.

The story of him and the others had only just begun.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(huh, not much room to interact in the scene... oh well, I'll add what I want and fit it in ;p)

Kiroku gritted his teeth while he sat down and listened to the headmaster go on about some kind of vague guilt. Even after he talked with 'Mist' and gave him a newer gunblade model, the boy remained in his seat. "Further guilty"...? Already his presence in this world, though against his will, is being questioned like the student's death and the boy's tragic fall was somehow possibly his fault. Rage was taking over, and no amount of "appearance" was changing it. This is just like before; his own world had tried to take every good thing he had. Once was enough. Slamming his hands on the arms of his chair, the boy quickly rose from his chair and glared at the headmaster with a fury that could've been called venomous.

"You're full of CRAP, OLD MAN!!" Kiroku snapped, yelling loud enough for the secretary to jump with shock and try to see what was going on inside. He didn't care how loud he was. It didn't matter if it was just this one room, the whole floor, nor the whole entire school. His fingers were twitching in his rage; there was only enough restraint to keep the boy from trying to knock the headmaster out for a second time.

"Watch your tongue, boy," The headmaster said with a stern gaze at the familiar. It seemed to look down on him, "You don't know the gravity of--"

"Oh, I'll tell you what I know!" Kiroku added, cutting the headmaster off, "I know that I was suddenly taken from my home world to be some sort of helper to the mage that effectively took me away from my old life. I know that I haven't done anything except fall asleep in a locked room until you called us to the Great Hall, and then I helped take down some beast that wanted to kill everything in its path. I pretty much had a front-row seat to see that transformation, by the way. And so you're accusing us of something that is at best shoddy with little to no proof! Now, with all due respect, tell me what you know that gives you the right to blame any of us for this crap! You miserable old--" Kiroku was cut off as the headmaster lashed him with the staff. His head snapped to the direction of the weapon before lowering to the ground. His fingers lay motionless for a moment, but they soon continued with their erratic twitching as they gripped the arms of his chair.

"You best consider yourself lucky that's all you're getting for your disrespect. I suggest you leave before you warrant more," the headmaster said, seeming to expect Kiroku to excuse himself. But the boy didn't. Instead, he lifted his head up; letting whoever looked at him see what he got as a punishment. There was a vibrant red mark on his cheek, and blood was dripping from his mouth. He was obviously in pain, but he seemed to be glaring in defiance.

"There's nothing lucky about any of this," Kiroku said. His voice slightly trembled with rage, but it sounded a lot calmer than before. A sense of repressed sadness seemed to wash over the boy's emotions; adding to the defiance in a different way. "I know what it's like to have what little good you have in the world fall into question, and for the most meaningless of reasons. What you did was the least of what both worlds wanted to do to me the second I arrived on their surfaces. Say your worst-- DO your worst and slay me like you did that beast. Show me the harshness of your world. No sympathy. No remorse." The two stood in silence for a little while as if locked in a battle of will. Neither one of them made a move nor attempted to say a word.

Kiroku bent down and picked up the naginata from the ground beside him. He bowed with respect as he made his leave. Closing the door behind him, he used his memory of the castle to drag himself back to Miharu's room. His spirits and hope felt crushed under the accusations of the new world.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Kita had froze up when the beast arrived. After Toby blasted it with wind, others had come and made short work of it. Kita realized how useless she had been, and the reality of her situation became clear to her. The headmaster's story was interesting, and made sense to her. The gunblade the man handed over confused her more than anything else.

As they are leaving, Kita can't help but call out Kiroku. "That was kinda stupid. That beast kicked your ads pretty easily, and the old man defeated it like that." She snaps her fingers for emphasis. "And he had every right to suspect us. Apply some logic, boy. Summoning an Earthling has only happened once in this world, and the summoner turned out to be a cross between Satan and the Hiroshima bomb. Now several Earthlings get summoned? When you get word that Cthulhu is about to wake, you keep on eye on the guy in the black robes chanting Latin. And we're one hell of a black robe, pal."

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Andre stood and watched in awe as the headmaster killed the beast, then turned to his mistress and stood next to her in a defensive stance, ready to protect her again. But when things seemed to be over, he let his guards down and relaxed for a while.

"My office...now," stated the headmaster, before disappearing in a gust of emerald wind. Frowning and raising an eyebrow, Andre didn't want to disobey, and as the others were going as well, why not follow?

Adria sighed and nodded taking Andre's hand trying not to blush "Thanks for saving me" she spoke and Andre blushed a lot as she took his hand. For a girl she wasn't shy at all, and she was already holding his hand. Despite that Andre didn't walk or pull away. "I mean it thanks a lot" she said smiling a little bit not feeling really scared of him anymore "I'm sure we'll be great friends" she added, blushing, and Andre blushed back, exchanging glances with her, then continued going, following the small group from behind. Andre could notice one thing though - she seemed to be a little scared of him. Frowning at that thought, Andre looked at himself. What was so frightening about him? He just couldn't understand it. Couldn't understand it at all.

In the headmaster's room, Andre listened to his story and he was flabbergasted. It all seemed...what was the word? Sci-fi to him. In the human world this was basically impossible, and would only appear in science fiction books. But now, it was real. And Andre needed a while for the facts to sink in. After the 'speech', the headmaster told them to leave, and Andre leaned towards Adria, whispering.

"Why are you afraid of me, by the way?" Andre whispered, tugging her hand gently, pulling her out of the room, against a wall, looking at her.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Adria listened to every word the headmaster said and got a little angry. How dare he think they were involved. Just because she and a few others summoned commoners did not mean they had anything to do with this. She opened her mouth to say something but Andre spoke first.

"Why are you afraid of me, by the way?" Andre whispered, tugging her hand gently, pulling her out of the room, against a wall, looking at her.

Adria looked around and sighed a bit leading him back to her room and locking the door. "It's not just you" she whispered standing in front of a mirror in her room looking at the cut on her forehead. "it's boys in general I'm scared of, but I don't feel as scared around you now" she added before sighing.

Adria looked back at Andre as he stood by the door. "It's a really long story that no one knows about." she sighed more sitting on the floor. "I've never trusted anyone enough to tell them what happened to me" she said patting the spot next to her and Andre walked over and sat next to her. "my father went to Tristein and he managed to master water magic while I can't cast a single working spell" she sighed more looking away. She was afraid that if she told Andre he'd either hate her for being so weak or pity her. Adria didn't want pity, that's why she never told anyone.

Adria sighed more and looked away from him "My mom died giving birth to me so he's always been hard on me. Pretty much all of my life he'd have me try to cast spells, when I failed..." she paused tears building up as she looked away from him still "w-when I failed... h-he'd beat me" she whimpered trying not to cry.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu flinched when Kiroku was struck, not entirely there anymore. She was only brought out when Kiroku slammed the door and left. She rose, as if to follow him, when the headmaster motioned her to sit down.

"Your familiar is out of control," he stated coldly.

"And?"

"He wasn't punished by the seal. That means you've given him free range."

"Yes."

The headmaster narrowed his eyes. "You do know that this is a dangerous thing. If anything, this only builds on your guilt."

"Headmaster, if we were really trying to bring the Chaos Heart back to life, during the confusion, we would have killed more students and merely state that it was an accident while trying to aim for the student who was turned. Plus, if I remember correctly, it was you who dealt the final blow on the student who turned, not us. So, headmaster, please excuse me if I do not follow your logic," Miharu stated coldly. "Now, please excuse me, I have a familiar to heal."

"I'm not done with you yet," the headmaster stated, stopping Miharu from rising. "Get your familiar under control."

Miharu smirked coldly. "Why, headmaster, he is already under 'control' as you stated." As Miharu stood up, finally without interruptions, and started for the door, the Headmaster's statement stopped her cold.

"I know who you are."

Miharu turned around. "I am not quite sure what you mean, headmaster."

The headmaster narrowed his eyes. "Don't take me for a fool. I'm the only reason why your parents haven't found out where you are. If your familiar does not apologize to me in two hours, I will tell your parents and they can be reunited with their lost daughter."

Miharu shook her head. "Go ahead, contact them." Please don't let her voice break or waver, please don't let her voice break or waver. "Kiroku was in the right. You were in the wrong." With this last statement, Miharu turned and left. When the door shut behind her, she shivered slightly, hugging herself in comfort.

I am a legal adult now, they cannot touch me.

However, Miharu knew that with her disappearance, they only strengthen their bonds with others, especially the royal family. And if they could persuade the royal family to still allow them to oversee everything she did...

Miharu shivered again, except more violently. It would be back to the abuse. Miharu tighten her hold on herself; her nails biting into the skin of her arm.

Everyone was injured today, she thought.

Miharu put her mask of calmness back on and walked to the library. Perhaps it would be best to do more research on this "Chaos Heart" while she still could.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Headmaster Awenston sat at his desk. *Those foolish children if only they knew...* He thought.

*That girl, she has always been rebelious and to give free will... to a familiar with so much potential. The two others... Adria and her familiar. They were obedient but I fear they may have to learn to take a stand." The headmaster sighed.

*and that third boy, the one who held his master... wether he knows it or not... he has a small part of chaos within him. That sword, the blade of chains, its obsidian edge should keep it buried for now... but I fear young miss Kenna, if the boys inner demons come out to fight, then she may be in danger.* Headmaster Awenston closed his eyes.

*Am I doing the right thing... I do what I must to defend my students. But now... if the chaos heart really is resurfacing... then we may all be in danger."

Josh awoke from his sleep, it was still the middle of the night. His new sword leaned on the wall beside his pile of hay. He kept his eyes closed, he heard the faint noise of Kennas breathing above him.

His ruins had stopped hurting he had no other clothes, only what he wore. He sighed heavily and drifted back to sleep.

He already missed home.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Kenna finally woke up but her eye lids felt heavy so she kept them closed. She moved to turn herself over but she stopped when she felt the pain from her side and from her ankle. She sighed and slumped back down. She made her eyes open and look at where she was. It was light out so it must be morning. She was back in her room and 'Mist' was asleep on the floor.

She studied 'Mist' for a long time. He seamed hurt and really tired. That was when everything came back to Kenna about what had happened and what she had done. What had happened to the beast? Was anyone else dead? Them two questions seamed to stick with her for a while, she needed answers but she did not want to wake 'Mist'. She groaned as she moved her body to get more comfy.

'Mist' had protected her a lot back then and Kenna was actually surprised by that. She had not expected him to help her like that. What if he is seriously hurt because of her? Guilt washed over Kenna. She had to see if he was alright. She sat up quickly so the pain would be less but it still hurt. After a deep breath, she tried to walk over to 'Mist' but she had forgot about her ankle so she feel over and landed next to him. She groaned again and didn't bother to try and move.

His eyes became to open and Kenna's body stiffened. She started to feel weird, that was the normal effects she got after using her magic. 'Mist' finally opened his eyes, he looked shocked. Of course he would be shocked with a girl right next to you while you was asleep. She was going to kick herself for this later.

"Your awake, how are you feeling?" Kenna asked weakly.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Joshs eyes snapped open as he heard a thump, Kenna had landed next to him, he was shocked to say the least.

"Your awake, how are you feeling?" Kenna asked weakly.

"Honestly? I feel kinda wierd considering I woke up to find a girl in my bed..." Josh smirked, he knew she had fallen but he wanted to play with her a bit.

"So, while Im flattered, I think its a bit early for that." He stood up and looked down at Kenna.

She seemed to have a sprained ankle.

He walked from the bed and opened up a drawer of the dresser to find it stuffed with delicates. Josh quickly shut it, blushing as he did so.

He turned around and smiled slightly.

"You people here are magic right? Im sure you have some kind of instaheal medicine or something... or am I mistaken?"

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
"Honestly? I feel kinda wierd considering I woke up to find a girl in my bed...So, while Im flattered, I think its a bit early for that."

"Oh, sorry about that...I...." Kenna said blushing.

This was embarrassing. 'Mist' stood up and he said something about magical healing but Kenna wasn't listening. She was trying to stand up but every time she moved, her sides would start hurting and she would have to stop. She gave up and lay back down. 'Mist' was staring at her and that made Kenna look away. She was not used to having anyone talk to her, she was usually alone.

"Erm Mist, can you help me stand up please, I think I have hurt my hip." Kenna asked quietly.

'Mist' only grinned and helped her up very gently and walked with her back to her bed so she could sit down again. His touch was soft but strong and she kind of liked to be able to rely on someone else for a change. He sad beside her and she studied his scar again. He saw her looking and quickly moved his hand up to trace the scar.

"So, what happened?"

Years
Toby had led the way to the headmaster's office, saying nothing. He had successfully cast a spell, but now he wonders if the splitting headache was worth it. The entire event in the office had played out without him, while he leaned on the wall nursing his head. He had been the first to leave, and as he walks away from the office, he realizes Kita isn't with him. He turns back, seeing her talking to another familiar. He walks over and grabs her arm. "Let's go, Kitten. We have things to do."

Toby leads the way back to his room, his footsteps making a dull pounding in his head. He tries talking, hoping it will help. "Why didn't you do anything back there? Don't you have some familiar power?"

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
"I couldn't tell you if I tried...." Josh said with a grimace.

He frowned, troubled.

"My mother said I was born with it, but I don't see how thats possible... unless something happened in the womb, but to hell if I know." Josh nodded and smiled.

"At any rate I'm sure it doesn't matter, its just a scar."

Joshs face turned serious and an ammount of concern spread across his face.

"So your sure theres nothing we can do about that wound?"

Deep below the ground in the hidden chamber the man walked towards his female slave.

"M...Master should I... take the next one now?" She said with so little enthusiasm it was almost impossible to bear.

"No my sweet, I have a marvelous plan for the next one." He said handing her a flyer.

Tristein Academys New Familiar showcase!

As most of the noble familys will know, the second year students have summoned their familiars.

As a test of the mage and familiars skill and bond, we will once again be hosting the Familiar Showcase, A show which shows off how well the mage has trained their familiars and to show how well the bond between them has formed. The show will take place three days from now and will be an exciting occasion for all.

We will have a range of special guests but perhaps the most exciting is the princess of Tristein herself.

Leonda Hiyacenth!

We hope you will do your best to attend!

Signed: Prof. P. Awenston, headmaster of the Tristein academy for magical arts and their teachings.

**********​

"Master, you can't mean..."

"Yes my sweet" the man butted in with a smirk.

"Upon that day when she is within our reach, we shall assasinate the princess!​
Leonda Hiyacenth!"

Josh walked through the unfamiliar hallways passing students as he went. Some recognised him and either snigered or watched with fearful eyes. Others didn't have a clue who he was and stared at him with eyes full of shock at his strange clothes and weapon.

He had suggested, no more he had rushed out. After saying he would ask the school nurses (there was always nurses he thought) if they had some kind of magical cure.

He had arrived at the medical wing, after about an hour of searching and they had given him a potion known as "heavens blessing" saying it had a fifty-fifty chance of healing any non-fatal injury. That was good enough for Josh if it was all that could be spared.

The medical wing had been in a terrible state, with many injured students and teachers being treated, Josh was happy he had gotten anything at all.

Luckily there hadn't been any deaths, apart from the boy who was turned of course.

Josh still felt a little sore from the previous battle but he was recovering.

He was about to head back to the room when he saw the headmasters secretary handing out flyers. He took one as it was handed and gave a warm smile to the secretary as he left.

Josh read the flyer quickly as he returned to the room.

As most of the noble familys will know, the second year students have summoned their familiars.

As a test of the mage and familiars skill and bond, we will once again be hosting the Familiar Showcase, A show which shows off how well the mage has trained their familiars and to show how well the bond between them has formed. The show will take place three days from now and will be an exciting occasion for all.

We will have a range of special guests but perhaps the most exciting is the princess of Tristein herself.

Leonda Hiyacenth!

Signed: Prof. P. Awenston, headmaster of the Tristein academy for magical arts and their teachings.

Josh smiled, *how drole* he thought.

He opened the door to find Kenna was still where he left her. He gave her the potion and spoke.

"Drink this and theres a fifty-fifty chance that your ankle will heal. Im sorry but it was the best I could do with the current state of the medical ward taken into account."

He glanced at the flyer and then handed that to her aswell.

"Oh and whats this about, do you know?"​

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
"Dear, it's time for you to wake up."

Miharu blinked, slowly rising up from her book pillow. She blushed. "I am sorry; did I fall asleep?"

The librarian smiled kindly at Miharu. "It is quite alright; I heard that you and a few of the other second years fought that student who turned. I'm sorry that I didn't wake you up and send you to your room."

Miharu shook her head. "There is no need to apologize. Thank you for letting me stay here."

The librarian nodded and turned to leave, before handing Miharu a flier. "Here you go, before I forgot. Now, run along."

Miharu smiled at the librarian before standing up and leaving the library. She noticed that she got quite a few glances, but ignored them. She glanced at the flier and her blood ran cold, even if she kept a blank face on.

Leonda Hiyacenth!

Special guests, special guests, or please let it not be the Leiko's...The Headmaster better not have invited them just to spite me...Maybe they will not recognize me; I did change my hair and eye colour...Oh, who the hell am I kidding? Certainly not me! If the Headmaster can recognize me, then, surely, my parents will? All I can hope is that they will not come...

Back