• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

PokeCommunity Mobile Apps v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukario

Banned
Years
yeah not sure whats up.. there does seem to be a few strange bugs still..
we're working on the obvious ones, but want to keep track of the minor and strange ones too so they can get fixed.

I'll get my new HTC EVO Android phone next week so I'll see whats up in the native Android environment instead of thru the emu.

Rukario

Banned
Years
GOOD NEWS everyone!

The iPhone free version has been approved and should show up on the iTunes app store in a day or two.

The paid, ad free versions of the apps are both still in the approval process and we have no information as to when they will be made available right now.

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
GOOD NEWS everyone!

The iPhone free version has been approved and should show up on the iTunes app store in a day or two.

The paid, ad free versions of the apps are both still in the approval process and we have no information as to when they will be made available right now.

Both, as in Android and iOS? I would really like to get that extra screen real estate back that the ad is hogging.

Also here is the QR for Android Users.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    922 bytes · Views: 75
Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
[SIZE="a"]Posting this from the iPhone app:
I'd like to say that I absolutely love the interface. It is very, very well done. BB code, however, mostly doesn't show up and CSS just breaks. While I don't expect the CSS issue to be fixed any time soon, I would really like it if support for spoiler tags were implemented. Otherwise, kudos to whomever coded this. An easy 4.5/5 stars in my book.[/SIZE]

EDIT: OK, BB code and CSS show up if you tap on the post, so that's not much of an issue. I'd still like it if there were a way to prevent spoilers from showing before you clicked on the post though.

Also, for some reason, the app automatically sets the font, color, and size of my post to "a." I'm leaving it in for reference, but this is an issue that I could see getting very annoying.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
Just downloaded the iPhone app now, and it is definitely snazzy! Love the ease of browsing and going through different sections like blogs, forums and profile stuff. Also, great to see here is the New Posts tool available lol Toujours! Something that is very useful, but unable to access from the mobile themes in Safari...

One little issue which I'm sure you're aware of, but every time there is a '&' character, it is followed by "amp;" which I'm not sure is coding error or something.
ie: Community Questions & Feedback

But yeah, great to see this up and running! I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure what else you could implement to make it worthwhile to use instead of just through the browser, but it is definitely a lot more accessible! Kudos!

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
This app is great for the iPhone!! So far I like it:)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Ok looking good so far, we do know about the font, color, and size problem

Checking tag entry

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
tag check

Another tag check posting here

Editing post allows you to remove those tags..

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
Alright just installed this on my new phone. Now that I have a bigger screen to use it on I like it even more.

Might I suggest a full screen option to give more space when reading in landscape.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
[SIZE="a"]Posting from my iPod touch first generation, I can confirm that this is iOS 3 compatiable, so no worries there for all you people who can't go iOS 4. There are of course a few teething problems, biggest of which is there doesn't appear to be a landscape mode (or if there is, I haven't found it). On the whole though it's a hell of a lot easier to browse and post than the mobile skins, so that's a big plus! :D[/SIZE]

ryziken

Neutral scientist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
I still think it would be awesome if we could hear ringtones as soon as a notification came in :) But definitely still useful nonetheless.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
[SIZE="a"]Jsyk we can't see blog comments for some reason on iOS.[/SIZE]

Rukario

Banned
Years
UPDATE

For the iPhone we now have available a paid, ad-free version, PokeCommPro:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokecommpro/id462124569?ls=1&mt=8

and a free, ad-supported version, PokeCommLite:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokecommlite/id461770057?mt=8

Our paid Android version, PokeCommPro, is now available on the Amazon Appstore for Android:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NJCXE4

Go check em out and let us know.
Feel free to rate and review the app, but again don't post any bugs on iTunes sore page, post them here in this thread.

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
[SIZE="a"]On the free Android Market version, I seem to be getting a lot of connection issues, but the pages still load anyways.[/SIZE]

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
The ad-supported version for iOS works great on my iPod Touch 2nd gen.

Aside from the "size-a" bug, it works excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back