The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Sooyun
Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU

Location: Sleeping with Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, and Pokabu
Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
These are the errors I noticed in the very beginning of the game.

minor:

Nouns are given in the old school format (Everything in Caps), but sometimes things are spelled normally a-la BW (Plus, the default names you're given are spelled normally, so you can't help but expect everything else to be normal). You should make this consistent. Either make all nouns normal or make them CAP-LOCKED. Don't switch back and forth.

Li's text after your battle with Jade is glitched.

Jade and Li's role switches back and forth. Li's a student, yet he's given Oak's Parcel (and his recycled text). Jade says that "you two" are going to fill the Pokedex, but she's the one who leaves, has the second starter, is the one who battles you, and is presumably your rival.

Recycled NPC text.

The trainer card should be changed to have a girl and so should the back sprite. Your card and back sprite are still Trainer Red.

The kid in the house with the scientist asks to trade your Alakazam for a Moltres.

Sometimes the text is too big and words get cut off.

The Pokedex is spelled pkDEX when Jade gives it to you.

Routes are called Wuste (is this German/Dutch? :confused

definitely needs fixing

When losing a battle, you're transported to a placeholder house in Erdbeer. You're supposed to be taken to a) your house if you never visited a Pokemon Center. b) the last Pokemon Center you visited.

error! does not compute! GAME BREAKING!

You can buy the following:

Town Map for $101010
Escape Rope for $550
HM01 for $550 (but the clerk sells it to you for $0)
Pokedex for $0

Edit: For s*its and giggles, I actually purchased all that I could afford from that particular Mart (after save-stating of course). The Pokedex is useless since it just does the same thing the 'pkDEX' does while also taking up a slot in your bag. You can't throw it away. Same thing goes for HM01.

The starters are very uneven, stats wise:
Charmander is so weak that I die in a few hits and my attacks do little damage.
Squirtle is a bit stronger than Charmander and more often than not: wins when owned by your rival.
Bulbasaur is so haxed that he can kill you with 2-3 tackles.

Growl does damage, yet other moves such as Tail whip only effects stats.

The level curve is way too high and wild encounters are haxed out of proportion. If you chose Charmander or Squirtle, you would have lost to Jade and would still be level 5. Even with Bulbasaur at level 6, you'll still lose to wild Pokemon. All the Pokemon in the first patches of grass you encounter are levels 6-8 and all are powerful enough to kill you in 2-3 hits.

Wild Pokemon make you lose money if you lose to them. Not only this, but losing to them is the equivalent of losing to a trainer (1/2 your money).

Current Challenge(s):

B.I.N.G.O - Kanto - Love @ 1st Sight - LG

Current Challenges on hold:
UMC (Fire) => Fire Red Soul Silver Emerald Platinum Black

Complete Challenges:

Event: Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!
Event: Challoween - Halloween Event
Lyrics Challenge (Rhianna -Sell Me Candy)
Dream Theme - Survival Of the Fittest

The Hippie Challenge - Blastoise//Sandslash//Fearow//Lapras

Future Challenge(s):

Last edited by Sooyun; September 6th, 2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:46 AM
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
All the starter pokemon stats have not been changed from Pokemon Red. If you keep in mind that this is a brand new game, nothing like Red, then li's and the teacher's roles plus stories work perfectly fine. Pokemon Brown also transported you to a placeholder house in Gravel Town, I figured this wouldn't matter here.
Old September 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Huntyx3
Beginning Trainer

Bulbasaur's stats are definitely glitched, I can't post screen shots because I need over 15 posts, but you can check for yourself by playing up to the part where you get your starter that Bulbasaur's Attack and Speed stats are way higher than any of the other starters, whereas his Special is extremely low.

His evolutions however, have the correct status, which is easily verified by evolving Bulbasaur into Ivysaur and comparing their stats.

Neither Charmander or Squirtle have similar glitches.
Old September 7th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Sama1990
Beginning Trainer

I am going to try this Beta, seems really interesting, always loved Red. Brown and Prism were AWESOME! I hope to play the complete version soon.
Old September 8th, 2011, 04:08 AM
jstolze

Huh... I could have sworn I've played a hack before with the stats changed to Bulbasaur. In fact, it had great speed and attack, but it's special and defense was really low... On top of that, when it evolved, it's stats were reset back to normal... It was he only stat change in the game, too. This seems really familiar for some reason.
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:52 AM
~Red

Well I cannot explain it. I truly have not modified the stats, and in my ROM the stats are perfectly fine. I'm using the British ROM, try that.
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:59 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
sonuva (cencored for obvious reasons) this looks great! i know nothing about hacking but if your experienced enough id love to learn from you and help you with these projects!
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:33 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

This looks extremely interesting, I'll give it a shot.
Old October 9th, 2011, 09:09 AM
DaleH771
I know who you are.

Wow, it's cool to see an old school looking hack going on, it'd be even cooler if someone made a Firered version of this same game after ;D

Your descriptions were brief, but I hopenthe story lines are more complex than they first seem, the screenshots show little in the way of bad guys and battles.

Other than that, I like it..
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:08 AM
donquixote123456
Hacker on the go

Nature: Modest
all your wall papers are dead....... bummer......

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 4th, 2011, 02:27 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote123456 View Post
all your wall papers are dead....... bummer......
I haven't made any substantial updates yet, but when I do which may be in the new year (progress is slow) I will upload completely new screenshots.
Old December 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
donquixote123456
Hacker on the go

Nature: Modest
Dude seriously..... upload some pics of your work man....... The host site has deleted them....

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 18th, 2011, 12:31 PM
~Red

Screenshots are now fixed.
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:11 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
hey nice idea ! the screenshots shows a lot of promise ! hope this hack excels

Old April 5th, 2012, 05:14 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
sako, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

~Red, just contact either myself or giradialkia if you want this thread to be reopened.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here