• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sleeping stance

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
So I was going to sleep yesterday, and...this came over. What stance do you take to sleep?

Careful, this is not about whether you move around in your sleep and whatnot, but rather about what kind of movements/muscle placements comfort you before you start sleeping.

Take me, for example. I love putting my arm below the pillow and stretching my legs. I also like to swirl my pillow around multiple times to get to the cooler side of it before sleeping.

-What about you?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I always like turning my pillow to the cooler side, and putting my arm under the pillow.

I also cuddle and wrap myself around my duvet because I don't have a partner because it's comfortable.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
Fetal position all the way. It's really the only way I can sleep.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Laying on my stomach, legs stretched out, face on the cool side of the pillow and the such. It's nice and comfortable.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I usually fall asleep laying on my back, and then wake up on my side to find that my right arm has fallen asleep lol. It's weird that I turn in my sleep since I can't fall asleep any other way than on my back.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
A PICTURE'S WORTH 1,000 WORDS!!

3positions-500.jpg

The one in the middle, but without a body pillow and usually I have one of my arms under the pillow and one arm at my side.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Giggling so much rn omg
KsQsp.png

I don't have a definitive sleeping stance, I sleep in whatever position keeps me the warmest at night, which usually means a lot of tossing and turning, which ruins the blankets and ugh I have to make them in the morning.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Well I like curl up into like the fetal position and I like.. Cuddle my duvet/pillow/whatevers nearest to me foreveralone.jpg because it's really comfortable and comforting and that way I don't get as scared something gonna kill me in the night :x

Years
Usually on my stomach or side. I absolutely cannot fall asleep on my back - it's near impossible for me. Just feels so... wrong.

I also have to be covered by my blanket even if it's like 100 degrees out, just because it feels weird if I don't have anything covering me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I'm a side sleeper and I put my arm under my pillow. I'm also like Cirno, I need to be fully covered by my blanket even if it's super hot out. It makes me feel safe or something idk.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
When I'm usually tired, starfish position on my stomach... though then again I never pay attention to how I sleep xD

Years
When I fall asleep, I'm either at my sides or on my stomach with my hands under my pillow, whichever feels most comfortable. There's a lot of tossing and turning to get situated. When I wake up, I'm either on my back or sometimes on my sides. Lately it's been more on my sides. I think. I hardly notice. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm a side sleeper and I put my arm under my pillow. I'm also like Cirno, I need to be fully covered by my blanket even if it's super hot out. It makes me feel safe or something idk.
OH ME TOO!!! I need to be covered, and it can't be a thin blanket. It has to be a comforter or something, even if it's hot. Especially so for my feet! Keeps me feeling like the man under my bed won't be able to grab my feet and take me down under.

Also, keeping the cold side of the pillow on my head is very important when I'm conscious!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Usually stretching out one of my arms underneath the pillow and twisting from side to side to stretch out most of the time.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I used to curl up like a cat haha. Now I just hug my pillow, and I usually have another pillow in between my legs, otherwise I'll move them around and I won't be able to sleep.

Ayselipera

I'm all over the place. Literally the only sleeping position I almost never sleep in is flat on my back unless I'm beyond sick and will throw up if any pressure is applied to my stomach.

Okay I really don't know how to explain this without not making any sense, but I like to sleep by taking the blankets and having them cover me completely, but then taking my leg and lifting it up so the blankets are raised in the air and then tucking them in around one leg SO one leg is completely encased in blankets leaving the rest on top of my other leg so the blankets are between my legs.

So if you can decipher that wonderful for you! Otherwise I tend to just cuddle in my blankets and wrap my arms around my pillow. Also when I'm really cold I like to roll myself up into my blankets so it's like I'm in a cocoon leaving only my head exposed to lay on my pillow. It's so comfy and I'm tempted now to sleep like that tonight. :(

Back