The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 9th, 2011, 04:57 PM
overlord2
Beginning Trainer

I need to get Dream points faster. Is there a way to do that? And what is the Pokemon limit you can reach, 50?
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Jarred0809
The Eternal Lurker

Nature: Quiet
Does the Japanese Ditto method work?

(It's when you get a japanese Ditto on an english game and breed it with your pokémon.) It supposedly increases the chance of a shiny to about 1/1000.
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred0809 View Post
Does the Japanese Ditto method work?

(It's when you get a japanese Ditto on an english game and breed it with your pokémon.) It supposedly increases the chance of a shiny to about 1/1000.
Yes, it works. It's 1/1136, I believe. Masuda Method
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord2 View Post
I need to get Dream points faster. Is there a way to do that? And what is the Pokemon limit you can reach, 50?
Make sure you participate in everything in each session, like literally don't avoid any Pokemon even if it's useless. You can get at most about 30 or so Pokemon before your time expires, which gives you about 5 minutes of the period afterwards where you can go water your berries, water other people's and plant your own.

Which means at most you can gain pretty much around 500 or so each visit if you use basically every minute. So let's see... in a week, you can get about 3500 points at most, which is pretty good tbh.
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:38 PM
UndertakerFreak1127
It's Never Lupus

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to UndertakerFreak1127 Send a message via Skype™ to UndertakerFreak1127
Soo I just got my eighth badge and I watched the cutscene with Tornadus raising all kinds of hell. Trouble is, the only routes he seems to be flying around are routes I can't access. Do I have to beat the E4 before I can catch him? I've heard that you can catch him when you get eight badges, so...
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavus81 View Post
Soo I just got my eighth badge and I watched the cutscene with Tornadus raising all kinds of hell. Trouble is, the only routes he seems to be flying around are routes I can't access. Do I have to beat the E4 before I can catch him? I've heard that you can catch him when you get eight badges, so...
Nope, you can catch both it and Thundurus after the 8 badges. Check here for what time of day and where you can catch it.
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Tornadus' route changes as you change routes/cities. So keep changing routes/cities until Tornadus gets to an accessible route; don't bother with the eastern routes yet unless you really want to get Tornadus there. The best way to do that is go to a gatehouse (the one leading to Opelucid) and keep entering/exiting it until it rains in Route 9.

Old September 9th, 2011, 10:08 PM
xXJumboShrimpXx
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Is there a way to figure out how many Ev's my pokemon has? I find it REALLY hard to believe the only way to find out is by counting them as you receive them..
Old September 9th, 2011, 10:23 PM
UndertakerFreak1127
It's Never Lupus

Send a message via AIM to UndertakerFreak1127 Send a message via Skype™ to UndertakerFreak1127
I don't want to say anyone is wrong about not needing to beat the E4 to get Tornadus, but I've been going back and forth on route 9 for two hours, and the storm is only showing up in the double digit routes starting with route 12, which would mean the day/evening locator on Serebii is off too.

Am I off my rocker here?
Old September 9th, 2011, 10:27 PM
xXJumboShrimpXx
Trainer

Quote:
I don't want to say anyone is wrong about not needing to beat the E4 to get Tornadus, but I've been going back and forth on route 9 for two hours, and the storm is only showing up in the double digit routes starting with route 12, which would mean the day/evening locator on Serebii is off too.

Am I off my rocker here?
I in fact caught Thundurus on route 2. So I know it's possible to catch them before the E4. You may just be getting un-lucky..
Old September 9th, 2011, 10:45 PM
UndertakerFreak1127
It's Never Lupus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJumboShrimpXx View Post
I in fact caught Thundurus on route 2. So I know it's possible to catch them before the E4. You may just be getting un-lucky..
This was before the E4 battles?

Did you follow the signs or just randomly walk around?
Old September 9th, 2011, 11:00 PM
xXJumboShrimpXx
Trainer

Quote:
This was before the E4 battles?

Did you follow the signs or just randomly walk around?
It was before I had beat the E4, I was looking for pokemon to help me beat them. I did follow signs but I got to that location as quickly as possible. It took me a day or to but I managed to catch him, a tip IF you still have the masterball USE IT ON HIM! Anyways, whenever he entered the unavailable routes, I went off and trained my team. If Tornadus appears on the same routes at the same time Thundurus does, He should appear around route 2-3 before 9:00 A.M. at least it did for me..
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:03 AM
PradaSon

Send a message via Skype™ to PradaSon
I was wondering who else has encountered the Shiny Prygon-Z with 'OT: Shiro*' in the GTS Negotiations? Is the Pokemon a hack or just Obscenely re-distributed? I got one for myself just out of curiousity haha.

@Misdreavus: What I did to catch Tornadus/Thundurus is to go to the route to the right of Nimbasa and enter and re-enter the tunnel, so you are going from the tunnel to route 16 over-and-over, until the weather changes telling you Thundurus is there.

-Prada-
'Pokemon Black'
FC: 4985 7129 3395
'Pokemon X'
FC: 4639 9133 7530

Old September 10th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PradaSon View Post
I was wondering who else has encountered the Shiny Prygon-Z with 'OT: Shiro*' in the GTS Negotiations? Is the Pokemon a hack or just Obscenely re-distributed? I got one for myself just out of curiousity haha.
You'd probably be best off posting in PC's check my Pokemon thread, which is where you can know for sure if it's a hack or not.
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:25 AM
DoctorFred
I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ

Nature: Calm
Pradason, iirc shiro* porygon-z's are indeed hacks.

I've caught all the pokemon in my white forest, so i'm trying to get rid of some people so i can get new ones... Does anyone know how to get rid of people in white forest fast?
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

You can't get rid of them 'fast', you just have to not talk to them, and never visit the Forest. If you walk into the Forest they leave slower, and if you talk to them they never leave.
Old September 10th, 2011, 10:24 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Does Hidden Power gain STAB?
These are the 2 ways i'm thinking of:

for example:
Normal Pokemon with Hidden Power Fighting
or
Fighting Pokemon with Hidden Power Fighting
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
Does Hidden Power gain STAB?
These are the 2 ways i'm thinking of:

for example:
Normal Pokemon with Hidden Power Fighting
or
Fighting Pokemon with Hidden Power Fighting
Apparently you can for fighting & everything else but not normal since there is technically no normal HP.
Old September 11th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Rikkru
Beginning Trainer

If you use Simple Beam after herp uses Sword Dance, does he get +4 or does it remain at +2?
Old September 12th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkru View Post
If you use Simple Beam after herp uses Sword Dance, does he get +4 or does it remain at +2?
Still +2. I think. The effect applies only for anything after the move.
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:20 PM
nm legend

Nature: Modest
hey i would like to know how to go to different places and see different pokemon in the dream world its been months of the same thing......just growing berries ... thanks for the help!

**paired with your mom**
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm legend View Post
hey i would like to know how to go to different places and see different pokemon in the dream world its been months of the same thing......just growing berries ... thanks for the help!
Well, it depends on your Dream Points. Go to the main global link page and where you login, click "profile" on the second tab that area offers, you'll see something saying your current Dream Points. You can't get to the next area, (Windswept Sky) until you reach 2500 points. An easy way to get there is to play the mini-games of every Pokemon you see and your Dream Points will rise rapidly. Then soon you'll be able to access the next area, and so on for the Sparkling Sea (5000). After 7500 and 10000 new Pokemon appear in each area, so it'll take a while but it's worth waiting for. You can also get more points if you visit other people's areas, so in the top corner in front of your house you'll see Dream Pal Map. Click that and travel to the other usernames you see, going to their gardens and watering their berries.

Oh and once you unlock new areas, you can always access them by going to the Island of Dreams as normal. :)
Old September 12th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
So, apparently once you reach the end of Victory Road, you're supposed to battle Cheren. After that, you can battle him once a day.

Trouble is, Cheren was never there to greet me on my way out of Victory Road.

What happened?
Because you need to beat the Elite Four first (yeah I didn't battle Cheren in my three playthroughs at all on my way to e4 other than in route 10), then go to Route 5 where you can speak to him and he says he wants to make a change and decides to hang out in Victory Road to train.
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Can less than 6 Pokemon be transferred from a Gen IV game to a Gen V game? Or does the amount to be transferred have to be exactly 6?

(talking about the PokeTransfer)

Old September 13th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
It has to be 6 unfortunately. And they can't know any HM moves.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links