The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 11th, 2011, 09:35 AM
HackChu
I need a haircut...
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I wonder what Nintendo was thinking when they came up with the designs for Hilda/White. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, and this is strictly for Entertainment purposes. But I find it as weird, that out of all combinations they could've came up with...they came up with this..

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss

Last edited by Forever; September 11th, 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM
KH Fan Bixran
Pkmn Nobody

Idk, maybe they did that so older kids might play it.
When I can get black(i have white), im going to pick her instead of the boy lol.
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:46 PM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
I know aye, I'd like a female character to resemble the one in FR/LG but it really dosen't matter much in my opinion...
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Lightblind
For you never shut your eye ~

Nature: Quirky
Originally I thought that a different approach was going to be taken by the developers considering how Summer from Guardian Signs looked a fair amount younger than most of the past playable characters. Hilda proved that wrong for the most part.

To be quite honest I'm not really too fond of her design, though I do find it fitting of the definition of her name (from the Germanic element hild, "battle."). And really her outfit just seems to stick out too much - especially in Nuvema town - or at least that's how I saw it.

I'm a Leaf fan for the most part. Leaf and Lyra are my favorite female playable characters.

~ Till the sun is in the sky
Lightblind | Ophelia

Sign the petition for gender equality in Gates to Infinity here!
Old September 11th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Musashi
Nope, that's not me

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to Musashi Send a message via Yahoo to Musashi Send a message via Skype™ to Musashi
I laughed harder than I should have at that image. For the most part, I like her and Dawn's design the most out of the playable female trainers.
Old September 11th, 2011, 09:00 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Not only Hilda Desing, but also Skyla's.
Hilda will be fine with current upper attire, she's just need longer pant.
And Skyla, a pilot in bikini? are you kidding me Game Freak?!

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old September 12th, 2011, 12:16 AM
The Nightmare
"I fight for what I belive in"

Nature: Quiet
I have no idea what they did with hilda but I think they made her more of an teenager than a 10 year old, but I would use hilbert than hilda.

Old September 12th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

I didn't like her design at all, and she definitely took away from my enjoyment of B/W. Her shorts are just... ugh, so ugly. They definitely need to go back to FR/LG for inspiration on female trainer designs... and I'd love if they made a female trainer with a frilly, cute dress instead of the tomboy style female trainer characters.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:47 AM
HackChu
I need a haircut...
Community Supporter

The image was removed. But basically her design was a shirt that slid through her tight little shorts. And they added a vest and a cap.

How bizarre..

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Jovi
schadenfreude

Nature: Lax
The previous female characters' designs, while I have no problem with them whatsoever, were normal and cutesy. I personally feel that Hilda's tomboy-ish design is a pretty nice change in pace.
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackChu View Post
The image was removed. But basically her design was a shirt that slid through her tight little shorts. And they added a vest and a cap.

How bizarre..
I don't really think it's her shirt slid through her shorts; it's her pockets coming out from under her shorts really.
Spoiler:

Just like in the examples above.

team super cotton ×
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

I don't like her like crazy either. Apparently, the formula of 10 years cute girls was better. Hilda....she looks like a busty teenager, it didn't appeal to me that much for some reason. However I was in love like crazy with all the others: Lyra, Dawn, May etc...
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Musharna
~random artist appeared~

Hm, I like her design. Yes, the shorts are short but other than that. I really dislike the idea of playing as a 10 yrs old kid, so I think it's only good they made her look older. Maybe she is, at least I imagine her to be about 15 or so. Just my opinion of course.

Lyra's design is still my favorite though!

Black FC: 4470 3069 1682
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musharna View Post
Hm, I like her design. Yes, the shorts are short but other than that. I really dislike the idea of playing as a 10 yrs old kid, so I think it's only good they made her look older. Maybe she is, at least I imagine her to be about 15 or so. Just my opinion of course.

Well, May didn't exactly look like 10 years old either, and I loved that char. I think my favourite female char will always by Krys though. And I absolutely despise Lyra btw.

Anyways, on-topic, I don't really like her design that much. The colours for one, I can't stand baby pink, and especially not in combination with white. Actually if she'd have the same colour cap as Hilbert, it would make it ten times better imo.

team super cotton ×
Old September 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Pokemon Trainer Touko
春野サクラ ♥

I actually quite like her design but I don't really like her shorts. The pockets are just... too long? >n<; And her name is weird too. Hilda, seriously? Why did they choose that name? DDD: Touko is hell lot better than Hilda imo. :/
Old September 17th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Cataclysmic
A New Adventure

Nature: Calm
I actually quite like her design. In fact, I may like Hilda even more than my old favorite playable female character, Kris. Personally, I saw her as a huge improvement after Lyra, who I generally don't really like, and wasn't even aware that Hilda's design wasn't particularly liked by the fandom. :/

Last edited by Cataclysmic; September 17th, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I thought they made her older then 10?
Old September 17th, 2011, 09:00 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musharna View Post

I must tell you that any protagonist from any game never have their age explicitly stated except the old Red, where his age is 11 years old. So I always assume that the protagonist age can be ranged from 13 to 16. And 15 to 17 for BW protagonist.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old September 17th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
You can blame this so called "horrible" design on western clothing fashion. The only part of that design I don't like is the shorts, but I guess that is marketing to get more teens playing pokemon again.
Old September 17th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Forever
let it go

I really like her design tbh. The male protagonist, oh God there is something that doesn't look right about him. Touko in-game though looks awesome when she's running, lol, defs best female protagonist design imo. :x
Old September 17th, 2011, 10:59 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zet View Post
You can blame this so called "horrible" design on western clothing fashion. The only part of that design I don't like is the shorts, but I guess that is marketing to get more teens playing pokemon again.
So, instead of make the story more complicated, or add a side story, they decide to give more revealing clothes to the female character just to attract more teens to play?

Old September 17th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by shengar View Post
So, instead of make the story more complicated, or add a side story, they decide to give more revealing clothes to the female character just to attract more teens to play?
It sells. Tbh, you say 'add story' as if the kind of people that would play a game for a girl in short shorts are the kind of people that care at all about story. A lot of teens, the majority I'd wager, care more about killkillkill than storyline, that's why CoD and Halo are so popular.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old September 18th, 2011, 03:23 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

It sells. Tbh, you say 'add story' as if the kind of people that would play a game for a girl in short shorts are the kind of people that care at all about story. A lot of teens, the majority I'd wager, care more about killkillkill than storyline, that's why CoD and Halo are so popular.
It's so sad to see how the gaming world have fallen deep these days
Well, at elast they didn't add shooter element to Pokemon.
But, I'm still mad at Skyla inappropriate outfit as a pilot just to attract more teens(if its true, although the chance are pretty high considering her speciality as flying type not water). There are many attractive character without being need to expose many skins or wearing a mini shorts.

Old September 18th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I really like her design tbh. The male protagonist, oh God there is something that doesn't look right about him. Touko in-game though looks awesome when she's running, lol, defs best female protagonist design imo. :x
Yes, I agree with you. She has the coolest design of all the female characters and those mini-shorts and her bag make her awesome! I guess Hilda was made to attract more teens to the Pokemon franchise.

Plus, her name contains hild, meaning "battle".
Old September 18th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Ok, she might wear "Cool" looking outfits, but I don't know if we think the right but...we don't feel it is right. At least I don't. I do understand that there are always 2 sides on a debate so I don't feel wrong. Anyway, Personally, the older characters, were better. Hilda....well, all I can say is that she wasn't better FOR ME. I don't want to say she was bad, because in my dictionary, Pokemon never included something horrible to me, its just that she isn't better than the previous ones. I gotta say, the pale skin creeps me out most xD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links