Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 15th, 2011 (07:10 PM).
Wait for me outside the lines
Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
Quote originally posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear:
I have this attraction to this one guy recently who's friends with my best friend Laura- he acts so awkward near me (other people in general too I suppose, but shut up I'm fantisizing) and it makes me wonder if he finds me attractive. He kind acts like it, taking notice to things I had no idea he'd know about and making a bit of conversation even when Laura is not around and smiling.

I wouldn't mind grabbing a hamburger or somethin' somethin' you know.
Then you SHOULD. Just see if he wants to go to Starbucks or something. Datish, but not too much so :D
How do you (regardless if you're Lesbian, Bi, Gay, Trans, Straight, Pan, Questioning, WHATEVS) handle a crush?
Well, I kinda already said it... but I am SUPER timid. I normally am a rather quiet guy, but around him, it's like I squeak if he's around.

It's kinda sad, since I'm too old for such silly crushes.
Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
I'm normally too shy to say anything if I'm crushing irl, which is something I guess I'll have to work on if I ever wanna find me a man but online I just tell everybody when I'm crushing on them - even the straight guys
E-crushes.

Just make sure you don't start edating one of those straight guys o/

*made the mistake once
Quote originally posted by TornZero:

I would normally drop random hints on it, but they're usually too oblivious to pick it up, or it just seems like I'm doing it naturally. T_T I'm too timid to go up to my crush and blatantly tell them, "I freakin' love you!"
GO FOR IT!

*cheerleader*

june 10, 2003 = registered at old pc
march 24, 2004 = registered at new pc
june, 2004 = modded ;;; august, 2004 = quit/fired (point of debate)
december, 2004 = banned ;;; december 2, 2005 = unbanned
june 10, 2008 = omg... five years!
june 10, 2012 = countdown to nine years on pc...
Old September 15th, 2011 (09:13 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
I never really have had any crushes tbh... I've always avoided relationships, even when asked out, because I felt like they were a waste of time.

I wouldn't really know how to handle a crush now. I'd probably just do the same as before... try and ignore them, and act as cold as po--oh crap I'm a tsundere. I never even realized. wtf
Old September 16th, 2011 (09:23 AM).
Silver Tier

When I'm crushing on someone I just act friendly with them. Since I don't really crush on anyone I'm not friends and friendly with in the first place the only real difference is in how much time I spend, or want to spent, with them. At some point I might tell them how I feel and then all bets are off as to my behavior.

Quote originally posted by aRedMoon:
It's kinda sad, since I'm too old for such silly crushes. :P
You're never too old for that.
Old September 16th, 2011 (11:58 AM).
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
Can't stop laughing after I found out that guy I just previously mentioned was actually my friend Laura's boyfriend.

PTHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA.

Oh goodness me. XD;

"The Abstract Gambler!" - PKMN Collector Elwood (キヨシ Kiyoshi)
Giver of the Figurative Badge | Specializes in Inverse Battles | Rewards TM64 Explosion
x
A Song of Ice and Fire // DEAD, Day XVII out of XVIII; Melisandre of Asshai (Baratheon/Targaryen)
x
Beginner's Mafia: Trouble In The Guild! (Ongoing Game)
x
Midnight Crew Mafia: We Run This City (Ongoing Game)
x
Gods Among Us (Ongoing Game)
x
AitC: Through The Aura // WINNER; Arkus the Assassin (Scum)
x
Death Note Mafia (Ongoing Game)
x
PokeCommunity Uprising: The Underground (Ongoing Game)
x
Mathia (Ongoing Game)
x
The Fangirl (Ongoing Game)
Old September 17th, 2011 (09:25 AM).
Wizard needs food badly!

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by aRedMoon:
IIRC, it comes in a normal envelope... parents probably wouldn't notice.
They'll probably open it anyway, or see my name on it and question it.
Old September 17th, 2011 (04:43 PM).
The transient snowman

Location: A few miles away from a well-known college in a poorly known town.
Nature: Impish
Can't stop laughing after I found out that guy I just previously mentioned was actually my friend Laura's boyfriend.

PTHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA.

Oh goodness me. XD;
Ohmygosh @-@ That's terrible xD And I was rooting for you. There's always next time ;P

Well I feel safe to post here again :3 I finally got around to announcing my accepted homosexuality on PC @-@ I've internally accepted it for the last two months now, but now it's officially out in public and it's a bit of a relief ^-^ Now I can say how much I enjoyed watching this guy on his date xD

But, yeah. I've already been making some progress I admited to myself that I thought these two guys were attractive, I made moves on both of them (I actually got to rub one their backs which was nice ), and I gave up on both ^-^ One of them is pretty much straight, but I can still admire him and hang out with him ;3 And the other is a butt -.- I hand the guts to ask him to go to a nice resturant with me, but he never showed and he never even explained to me why he didn't come. That kind of rudeness... pshaw... I'm through with him. Pretty boys suck -.- *continues watching the goofy straight guy from in front of his face* Oh and I've also asked my openly bisexual friend to take me to the GLBT :3 So overall! I think I'm doing well.

As to answer the one question about the crush thing... I'd just try to get closer to the guy, hang out with him, then eventually ask him out o.o I've dated plenty of girls and I've had to be the one to ask them out, so I'm used to it It's just a little more nerve-wrecking since I'm not good at talking with guys and I don't understand them as well >.< Being "straight" was so much easier, but it was also a cop out :/

Credits to Jordan. Paired to Mira and ohHeyVaporeon.
Old September 17th, 2011 (05:04 PM).
You just can't shake me.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Yahoo to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Skype™ to ohHeyVaporeon.
So I'm popping in because 1. I'm gay, and 2. Snow Phoenix just VM'ed me the link.

Major props to him.

In terms of handling crushes, though... I don't. I am very laid-back, casual kind of guy... I usually tend to make the other person make the first move (douche-ish, I know), unless I REALLY like the person. That was the case with my last boyfriend... He pursued me for so long, and when I didn't give, he gave up. Then, in a douche-ish wannabe superhero kind of way, I asked him to be mine.

Not the best handling, but hey... I made him mine.
Old September 17th, 2011 (05:54 PM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Welcome, ohHeyVaporeon! I don't think it's douchey to let the other guy make the first move, right now for me that's the only way a relationship would start irl - I'm too timid otherwise lol. The superhero asking-him-to-be-mine thing is adorable . And hey, whatever works, right?

The weird thing about me is sexually I'm not shy, it's only when it comes to real relationship material that I start to freak and get all timid.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 17th, 2011 (06:01 PM).
You just can't shake me.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Yahoo to ohHeyVaporeon. Send a message via Skype™ to ohHeyVaporeon.
Thank you for the welcome!

And yeah, I guess it was pretty cool of me... Haha. And nah, sexually I am not shy at all... I'm a bit of a panther, actually. Always ready to pounce.
Old September 17th, 2011 (06:03 PM). Edited September 17th, 2011 by Alternative.
Crystal Tier

dropping in because i am a massive ...

I've never asked out a guy myself, I'm simply too shy. Although there is no one right now who I'm particularly 'into', when a guy comes along that I'm interested in, I think I'll be the one who asks him out. Hooray for me, I guess?
I've only been asked out by one guy in my life, and that was through THE INTERNET OH YEAH!
And when you're dead I will be still alive!
Still alive! Still alive.
- GLaDOS (Portal, 2007)
Old September 17th, 2011 (06:54 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Moving on from the crush question and onto the topic it's drifted into...

Are you usually the one to ask someone out, or is it the other way around?

I'm typically the one waiting to be asked out unless the other person is the one dropping hints.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old September 17th, 2011 (09:32 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

I don't really care tbh.

I've been asked out twice, which was fine. I just said no, and that was that, so I don't mind being asked out. I've never had the guts to ask someone else out myself though.
Old September 17th, 2011 (10:40 PM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
You know, in my age and area, there are hardly any virgins, and I STILL haven't gone out with anyone yet. If I end up liking someone, I'd ask them out. I don't know why people would wait for the other way around.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old September 17th, 2011 (10:53 PM).
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

Nature: Jolly
The funniest thing happened at school. One of the county board members who is known for her extreme homophobia came by our campus to discuss something about taxes. She used a public restroom there, so some lesbian students who live in her district decided that they'd ask her why she is homophobic. She stormed out of the restroom yelling that they tried to rape her. The woman is like 80 years old.
Old September 17th, 2011 (11:31 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by FreakyLocz14:
The funniest thing happened at school. One of the county board members who is known for her extreme homophobia came by our campus to discuss something about taxes. She used a public restroom there, so some lesbian students who live in her district decided that they'd ask her why she is homophobic. She stormed out of the restroom yelling that they tried to rape her. The woman is like 80 years old.
Wow really? That's just sad.
Old September 18th, 2011 (01:04 AM).
You just can't shake me.

Unfortunately, people can sometimes be a little narrow-minded. Not my place to judge, however. I just hope that she can one day at least come to terms with the fact that we will always be here (and always have been). If not... Bless her little heart. Not everyone can be convinced.
Old September 18th, 2011 (02:03 AM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Nice of you to join in, Impo, and I hope your gaydar is working correctly.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old September 18th, 2011 (02:19 AM).
You just can't shake me.

The gaydar never fails. Just saying.
Old September 18th, 2011 (04:13 AM).
The transient snowman

Quote originally posted by ohHeyVaporeon.:
Unfortunately, people can sometimes be a little narrow-minded. Not my place to judge, however. I just hope that she can one day at least come to terms with the fact that we will always be here (and always have been). If not... Bless her little heart. Not everyone can be convinced.
I've been waiting for someone to say something like that :3 Gwaah *huggles you* I dislike how I keep seeing so many people who bash homophobes :/ I've never found it appropriate to judge people on such things >.< And it's nice to see someone who may possibly agree. The only thing I usually have a problem with are those people who parade on people's grave >.< But, that's a personal issue.

Quote originally posted by Impo:
Wow, I'm used to silently stalking this thread - feels weird to post.

I remember I thought I was asexual - pretty sure I'm homosexual now. Tada.
I'm having this huge crush on a guy at my school he's hot. And what's better is that my gaydar's going off.

That's all xD .
I know exactly how you feel o.o I never post in this thread because it's intimidating sometimes >.< And I felt bad about hiding @-@

Old September 18th, 2011 (04:15 AM).
You just can't shake me.

Parading around on someone's grave is indeed a big issue. It's not something that I can even really stomach.
Old September 18th, 2011 (04:32 AM).
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Impo:
Wow, I'm used to silently stalking this thread - feels weird to post.

I remember I thought I was asexual - pretty sure I'm homosexual now. Tada.
I'm having this huge crush on a guy at my school he's hot. And what's better is that my gaydar's going off.

That's all xD .
Welcome, Impo! I was a little surprised to see you here, but I'm very glad you are :D

Be wary of the gaydar, it can take a while to properly hone, but I hope for your sake it's right!

Old September 18th, 2011 (04:41 AM).
Platinum Tier

Well I've been around you in IRC a few times and my gaydar never went off haha

And yeah you mentioned he's hot ;), if it weren't totally unethical I'd ask for photographic evidence :P

Old September 18th, 2011 (04:47 AM).
The transient snowman

Parading around on someone's grave is indeed a big issue. It's not something that I can even really stomach.
I personally see death as one of the few things that is truly equal xD It's not how we die, but the fact that we all die that unites us. It makes us all human Wither you're a homosexual, homophobe, or clueless third party ^-^

And pshaw... If I have any gaydar, I ignore it o.o It's fun admiring all the shining stars :3 I just have to remind myself that no matter how hard I try pushing all the sands together to force a diamond out of me, I'm just going to get coal Be yourself, right? It's just so interesting to do o.o'

Old September 18th, 2011 (06:40 AM).
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
Are you usually the one to ask someone out, or is it the other way around?

Well, I would die if someone asked me out and they were hot had a good personality and it would help if they were hot, too. :3

But as I mature, I find it's more in my nature and more effective for myself to make the "move." I'm hot, too, so it's not like anyone would say no.

In other news, not to seem shallow or anything, but while I had my eye on what turned out to be my friend's boyfriend, I also had my eye on a guy who's younger than me. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of him and me. So with the other one proven straight, I can focus on this guy more.

And he has the same name as me, which would make us Joey and Joe. Freaking adorable, right?

But the only thing is- he's only questioning; or, as he said, "still figuring it out." (I know this because he was at the first GSA meeting in our school and he said this when he introduced himself.) He shown some interest in me (and knows I like dudes because that's what I said in the GSA), but....

I don't want to confuse him at all, because that's the last thing he needs.

Although I probably know the answer, advice and/or thoughts?

"The Abstract Gambler!" - PKMN Collector Elwood (キヨシ Kiyoshi)
Giver of the Figurative Badge | Specializes in Inverse Battles | Rewards TM64 Explosion
x
A Song of Ice and Fire // DEAD, Day XVII out of XVIII; Melisandre of Asshai (Baratheon/Targaryen)
x
Beginner's Mafia: Trouble In The Guild! (Ongoing Game)
x
Midnight Crew Mafia: We Run This City (Ongoing Game)
x
Gods Among Us (Ongoing Game)
x
AitC: Through The Aura // WINNER; Arkus the Assassin (Scum)
x
Death Note Mafia (Ongoing Game)
x
PokeCommunity Uprising: The Underground (Ongoing Game)
x
Mathia (Ongoing Game)
x
The Fangirl (Ongoing Game)
Old September 18th, 2011 (12:12 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

The gaydar never fails. Just saying.
I don't have a gaydar. rofl