• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

college / uni / etc

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Do you attend, or plan to intend, College or University (depending on what you call it)? If so, what do you intend to study and how hard was it / will it be to enter into your course? If not, why not?

Years
Well the course that i want to get onto is an introductory teaching course and the requirements are next to nothing really. You need a C grade in both english and math and then you need to do an interview where you prove you have a passion for teaching and the subject you'd be going into.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm in college right now, majoring in elementary education. Can't wait to start classes that are actually relevant to my major. I think about how I'm going to teach, what my classroom will look like, where I'll be, etc all the time. Getting antsy lol.

Ayselipera

Well I'm technically still deciding what I want to do for college next year, but I've really been thinking about it and have started to lean towards film school so we'll see! Otherwise my only other thought is go in for a history degree and then besides that I have no idea whatsoever.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
My major is architecture and I got to college last year. Pretty good experience so far, but I must say it's been very expensive, too. (what's with all those guys with the 3 i-phones and the macbooks all over the place)

My course has been mainly projective and less theoretical than most undergraduate majors. However, we had a lot of modelling courses where I did poorly-I'm a pathetic modeler-and I have to redo all of them this year.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
When I graduate, there are two that I want to get into, depending on what I do decide to do.

University of California Berkeley
-Great Parties
-Great Drugs
-Very Political
-Great Professors

Academy of Art San Francisco
-It's the bay, dude.
-Paaaaaaarties!
-One of the Gay Capitals
-I love this school.
-Very interesting majors
-Economic

So, the bay has more incentives in a sense, but the politics thing is HUGE HUGE HUGE for me.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
OMG. I just realized that I'm going to University in less than 4 years. o.o When I graduate from high school, I want to go to London business school, Yale, University of Pannsylvania or IMD. :DDD And study Economics and Finance. (Hopefully) :>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I take Journalism and Broadcasting at University.

Last year I took boring units that weren't really related to my majors, but this year it's like, broadcasting first semester and journalism based second semester so it's a good mix. :)

Oh, and this is my fourth semester right now, only two to go!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm planning to take psychology or a science as my major in college, though I'm not exactly sure what college I'm going to.

Years
Well I'm technically still deciding what I want to do for college next year, but I've really been thinking about it and have started to lean towards film school so we'll see! Otherwise my only other thought is go in for a history degree and then besides that I have no idea whatsoever.
In my experience, just do something. If you don't like it, your can always transfer and often keep certain units for credit towards the next course. If you don't try it, you won't know if you like it or not. :D Sure, there might be a little more in the way of fees at the end, but it's more important to come out the other end being able to do a job you want.
(what's with all those guys with the 3 i-phones and the macbooks all over the place)
So many people at uni go for the Apple look. Half of them don't have a clue how to use them :P

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
well, i'm currently in university now so... yeah.
i'm currently taking up psychology as a course. according to a lot of people, it's hard to get a slot for that course (in my school, that is). like, i heard that you needed a pretty high GPA in order for you to shift to that.
personally, i haven't exactly experienced if it's hard in itself to be studying psychology, as i still have to wait for another semester to be majoring it.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I am planning to go to uni and pick a course related to either business, law or more likely environmental science. I am only heading into year 11 so I picked Adv. English, Gen. Maths, Studies of religion 2unit (RE unit compulsory), Economics, Geography and Biology with Modern History as a back up. I am one of the higher achieving students and the Geo. course has been confirmed to run so I am confident I will get all my choices.

Years
I have already been to University and graduated! :D
However, I am currently working at the same University as an IT technique! :3

I studied Games Technology and it was blooming hard. You might think that it sounds easy, but I dare you to do it! XD

Go me.​

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I am in college now and I plan to transfer to UC after next year but I have no idea what my major would be as for now so........yeah ^^

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I lasted one semester at university back in 2009. It wasn't that I sucked at it (in fact, I did quite well!), it was that every time I was there, I could feel myself slowly dying inside. It was stressful and boring at the same time, and I just absolutely dreaded going there every day. Until one night, I was sitting in an Economics lecture, not paying attention once again, and I thought "well why the hell am I here?" and I got my stuff together and left.

I kept my student ID card though, and have gotten into the movies cheap ever since :P I will go back one day (to study something that is not Business) but when and what are still a mystery. I'm quite happy for now :)

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I lasted one semester at university back in 2009. It wasn't that I sucked at it (in fact, I did quite well!), it was that every time I was there, I could feel myself slowly dying inside. It was stressful and boring at the same time, and I just absolutely dreaded going there every day. Until one night, I was sitting in an Economics lecture, not paying attention once again, and I thought "well why the hell am I here?" and I got my stuff together and left.

I kept my student ID card though, and have gotten into the movies cheap ever since :P I will go back one day (to study something that is not Business) but when and what are still a mystery. I'm quite happy for now :)
Same here
Even though I just go to college but I start to feel like......Tired. Wish I could just get out like you did but I just can't

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Already attended both undergraduate and graduate school, studied Math for undergrad and Finance for grad work. Best nine and a half years of my life, but at least I have two degrees to show for it :) Sadly, no jobs yet...

I'd go back again except that doctorate courses are hard as heck and I don't need that much of a challenge xD But I loved the college life.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I'm in university right now doing French studies, hoping to eventually teach. But what I ~really~ want to do is get a Music degree and teach that instead, however, I'm not quite at the level they require for auditions (I'm so close to it though!). French is more or less a back up plan/plan B at the moment.

Back