The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Nature: Naughty
I think that Zekrom and Reshiram fit their typings rather well, but I think Kyurem would fit Ghost/Dragon well but was used by Giratina, making it less likely.
Old August 7th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Welcome to York County, SC!

Nature: Quirky
I honestly don't pay attention to who the mascots may or may not be. Plus the dragons are a heck of a lot better as a mascot than whoever that generation's Pikachu-clone happens to be... I'm glad Pachihirisu and Emolga were passed over as mascots xD

So the dragons are okay, I guess.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:25 AM
zlip
______

Nature: Serious
I"m losing my respect toward dragon types because back in the days of Red and Blue their were only 3 dragon types and the were hard to get. Heck in johto I dont rememeber there being ANY dragon types. But now their really pushing it with Sinnoh and Unova.

I wanted to see a different typing of the main trio. The starters types would've been nice. Or a type thats underused such as poison or steel. Hopefully next gen (if there is one) we'll see a different view on legendaries. Maybe insted of being these massive creature they could be small and heal things like Shaymin.

"Do you know why we
Villians hate Heroes
so much? It's because you are what
we could only pretend to be,
once upon a time --
heroes who do good for no reward.
And so we call you fools,
and even slay you...
simply because we could not be you."
Old August 9th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Yoshikkko
underdog

Nature: Adamant
I think other good types for Zekrom and Reshiram would have been Flying instead of Dragon, and this is based upon the event in the game where Skyla tells you about a big Pokémon she saw, flying away (Zekrom/Reshiram).

I think, like other people said, that Dragon type just has a very powerful status, but I think another good type for legendaries is Psychic.
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
METHOD_REPLEKIA/.
D E A D . S C R E A M

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to METHOD_REPLEKIA/. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to METHOD_REPLEKIA/. Send a message via Skype™ to METHOD_REPLEKIA/.
Well, dragons always have been a part of what?.....
Legend.
So, in my opinion it makes since that they are dragon type. *Shrugs* I'd love to have more ghost type legendary dragons. That would be boss. :D

Old August 9th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Landorus
Nope. Chuck Testa.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Storm View Post
I think that Zekrom and Reshiram fit their typings rather well, but I think Kyurem would fit Ghost/Dragon well but was used by Giratina, making it less likely.
I don't see how a giant dragon covered in ice doesn't fit Ice type.

I like the dragons the way they are and in their numbers~
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:15 PM
PradaSon

Send a message via Skype™ to PradaSon
I always enjoy an aesthetically pleasing Dragon type, but they were kind of pushing it with the current ones, I enjoy a pleasant type of colour to them, but these are kind of dark and sorta boring.

What I do wish they'd do is that when they make another game, hopefully DS with 3DS compatibility, 3 starters in each game with the 3 starters having all different types.

-Prada-
'Pokemon Black'
FC: 4985 7129 3395
'Pokemon X'
FC: 4639 9133 7530

Old August 9th, 2011, 06:16 PM
LavanZev
Bringer of Orange Soda!

Nature: Calm
I have no problem with dragons, plus from Japanese aspect of it. Of which Pokémon was actually founded under. Dragons are sacred and honored in their culture. Personally I wish they could make dragons that had more style like Giratina. Sadly lets say this right now. Who hear actually looks forward to getting a Keldeo? Well here's my answer, umm no its only a pokedex filler.

Anyone a friend of Lucario is a friend of mine.

"You have enemies ? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" Winston Churchill

Black FC: 2193-7435-9991 Lavan

Old August 14th, 2011, 06:18 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I like them the way they are, if you took away the dragon typings. We would just be left with the classic Fire, Ice and Electric trio grouping that we've seen before.

Quote:
If you could, what type would Reshiram and Zekrom and possibly Kyurem be if not part dragon?
Maybe instead of Dragon and electric for Zekrom, maybe Dark and Electric and for Reshiram umm Fire/Normal hmm...=/
I agree with this. The colours fit it well.
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Genesect
Team Plasma Failure

I like these dragons, although there are too much Dragons introduced in Gen V, ranging from Haxorus to Kyurem.
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Ockin_Elf
Beginning Trainer

When they first introduced the concept of Black and White allot of my friends, and me included had the hunch that they were going to introduce a new pokemon type e.g. Light (to go with the already existing dark type).
I think that if they added something like that it would have given gen 5 a little bit more substance.

As it is that didn't happen so saying they should be light / dark types would be kind of cheaky. What I might suggest would be fire/normal and electric/dark.

I also agree that instantly making the assumption that dragon=epic, legendary=epic therefore dragon=legendary is quite unimaginative.
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Hawk.
The Hawist

Nature: Timid
I personally like the Dragon mascots. We only had 2 generations in which this has happened, Gen IV and Gen V. (And Gen III if count Rayquaza in emerald) I much rather have a Dragon-Type mascot then anything else really. Dragon-Type is just legendary, but maybe once in awhile they could mix it up a bit more. But I rather disliked the bird legendarys outside of Lugia.

Old August 25th, 2011, 12:24 AM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
I also like Dragon legends, I think the type suits the role.
To answer your question however, maybe Reshiram and Zekrom could have been pure Fire and Electric respectively. However I can't imagine Kyurem being anything else.
I didn't really bother me that they've used dragon mascots again though.
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:46 AM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die

I like the way all the dragon legendaries are. I do not mind about the fact that there are too many dragons in the game. I rhink I would like them to make more dragons since dragons and flyings are the two types that fit for legend status.
Old August 29th, 2011, 08:33 PM
BloodWang
Beginning Trainer

Eh I think they should go back too the cuter ones like red-blue-green-yellow
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:13 AM
masaru3
Chespin, I choose you!

Nature: Timid
I don't mind the dragon mascots, but when I first looked at Zekrom and Reshiram I never thought they would be dragon or fire and electric. I thought Zekrom would be Dark and Reshiram would have to be the opposite of it, but I had no idea what.
First I looked at Zekrom (on serebii) and it was Electric. I looked at his tail and I said "okay, seems good". When I looked at Reshiram after looking at Zekrom I thought "A dragon type, but it should be something else too... Wtf? Fire?", because it never crossed my mind.
I like them this way though and I can see why they make so many dragon types as legendaries.
Black 2:
5244 5521 1042
◄ Masaru's Dream World Shop ►
Old September 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
Never really though about it. I guess you will also have to consider the atmosphere that Unova gives off. It's an urban one, so I can't really think of anything that would fit, besides the dragon fit. If you think about it both Reshiram & Zekrom have urban-related body parts (the tails lol). But then again there could've been a suitable substitute for the dragon sub-type. Flying/fire for Reshiram, and dark?/electric for Zekrom. Sorry if I got off topic a bit.
Old September 16th, 2011, 05:21 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Dragons are supposed to be mythical, and the hardest to raise. So I suppose it's okay for them to be mascot. I even think that both Groudon and Kyogre should have Dragon as their type to add more their mythical power. Not that I'm saying other type doesn't have the chance to be mascot though.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old September 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Snaggle P.
Stereotypical Pretty Boy

Nature: Modest
I agree. I actually hate the dragon type. I think they're okay for training my other pokemon but I am tired of all of the over powered dragons. I never use Dragon types for competitive game play. Then again I'm also not a fan of Legend pokemon in general. I mean, their overpowered stats are obnoxious.

I demand to see some new type combinations instead, preferably without the Dragon type.

Respect for the Underdogs of Hoenn!
Old September 21st, 2011, 02:48 AM
Pokemon Trainer Touko
春野サクラ ♥

Dragon types are strong and overpowered therefore they're probably the strongest type which is probably why they made the mascots of BW dragon types? ='D
Old September 30th, 2011, 09:59 AM
EmboarTrainer
the

Nature: Sassy
I understand why there are so many dragon mascots and I personally like the dragon mascots alot. I mean, would you rather have stunfisk as the mascot? I think not.
Old September 30th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Dark Piplup
This user title is original

Dragon types are usually really cool and I like Reshiram and Zekrom but they are just overloading on the dragons.
Old October 11th, 2011, 09:26 AM
MontyWinz
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
Personally I'd rather have Dragon mascots again over having a Fire/Fighting for the third time in a row.

I'd have preferred Dark type and a Fighting Type as mascots. Too go along with Black and White named.

As for what type I'd prefer the dragons to be I'd still have them as but change their secondary typing to Light(if that was going to be in place which id didn't) and Dark. Then keep Kyurem how it is.
If you were picking types based on the name of the games, wouldn't it be Dark and Normal then? Since Normal type is symbolized by white in the TCG, I thought that would be the choice.

~ Friend Code: 0905-5708-8295 ~
Trainer Card and Avatar Made by me using photo resources from Deviantart
Old October 11th, 2011, 04:52 PM
JezzaRules
Charmander Lover

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JezzaRules
I dont mind having Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem around.
Personally I reckon this game needs more dragon typing for the non legendaries.
Old October 11th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
Personally, I'm liking all the dragon mascots. But, if I could differentiate they're types, I would say:

Zekrom: Electric/Dark
Reshiram: Fire/Psychic

But, hey, I can't complain. I like them.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links