The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Laure, you should totally post that Christian challenge.
Old September 18th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Sooyun
Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU

Location: Sleeping with Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, and Pokabu
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Laure, you should totally post that Christian challenge.
But Syd, what about the Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindis, Agnostics, Taoists, and Atheists?

Or would that give us too many options?

Current Challenge(s):

B.I.N.G.O - Kanto - Love @ 1st Sight - LG

Current Challenges on hold:
UMC (Fire) => Fire Red Soul Silver Emerald Platinum Black

Complete Challenges:

Event: Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!
Event: Challoween - Halloween Event
Lyrics Challenge (Rhianna -Sell Me Candy)
Dream Theme - Survival Of the Fittest

The Hippie Challenge - Blastoise//Sandslash//Fearow//Lapras

Future Challenge(s):
Old September 19th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Gah, I'm trying to come up with an idea for a challenge, but I can't. The few ideas I could come up with were already mentioned here... on the previous page, so I don't believe that I should even try them. Anybody have any ideas that I could use...?
If I'm right, there can only be one of each challenge going at once, right? What I mean by that is, if there's (for example) an Unevolved Challenge already going, I can't make one of my own? Even if there were differing rules or options or something?

EDIT: Well, I came up with SOMETHING, and I have no idea if it's been done before.
There's two, but they're basically one challenge.

In the first, you use Pokemon used by the evil team in the game that you're playing. When you have no gym badges, you use the Pokemon of the lowliest grunts there are. Once you have two badges, you may use Pokemon used by the stronger grunts. With four badges, the Pokemon of the Admins, and with 6, the Pokemon of the Team's Leader.

For example, if you're playing BW:
0 Badges - Grunt: Patrat/Purrloin/Sandile/Scraggy/Trubbish
2 Badges High Grunt: Watchog/Liepard/Krokorok/Krookodile/Scrafty/Garbador
4 Badges - Admin(Ghetsis): Cofagrigus/Boufallant/Seismitoad/Bisharp/Eelectross/Hydreigon
6 Badges - Leader(N): Pidove/ Timburr/ Tympole/ Darumaka/ Sigilyph/ Boldore/ Ferroseed/ Joltik/ Klink/ Carracosta/ Archeops/ Vanilluxe/ Zoroark

You will be able to use any and all Pokemon from past ranks, and anything in their evolutionary lines. If you want even more of a challenge, you could stick to using the first rank Pokemon and not their evolutions.

You may also do this by using the Pokemon of a single gym leader in your region. If you're playing GSC/HGSS, you may not use the Pokemon of a Kanto gym leader... unless you're doing a super easy mode.

There will be a little bit more to it, but that's most of it.

Last edited by Nakuzami; September 20th, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old September 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Sooyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Gah, I'm trying to come up with an idea for a challenge, but I can't. The few ideas I could come up with were already mentioned here... on the previous page, so I don't believe that I should even try them. Anybody have any ideas that I could use...?
If I'm right, there can only be one of each challenge going at once, right? What I mean by that is, if there's (for example) an Unevolved Challenge already going, I can't make one of my own? Even if there were differing rules or options or something?

EDIT: Well, I came up with SOMETHING, and I have no idea if it's been done before.
There's two, but they're basically one challenge.

In the first, you use Pokemon used by the evil team in the game that you're playing. When you have no gym badges, you use the Pokemon of the lowliest grunts there are. Once you have two badges, you may use Pokemon used by the stronger grunts. With four badges, the Pokemon of the Admins, and with 6, the Pokemon of the Team's Leader.

For example, if you're playing BW:
0 Badges - Grunt: Patrat/Purrloin/Sandile/Scraggy/Trubbish
2 Badges High Grunt: Watchog/Liepard/Krokorok/Krookodile/Scrafty/Garbador
4 Badges - Admin(Ghetsis): Cofagrigus/Boufallant/Seismitoad/Bisharp/Eelectross/Hydreigon
6 Badges - Leader(N): Pidove/ Timburr/ Tympole/ Darumaka/ Sigilyph/ Boldore/ Ferroseed/ Joltik/ Klink/ Carracosta/ Archeops/ Vanilluxe/ Zoroark

You will be able to use any and all Pokemon from past ranks, and anything in their evolutionary lines. If you want even more of a challenge, you could stick to using the first rank Pokemon and not their evolutions.

You may also do this by using the Pokemon of a single gym leader in your region. If you're playing GSC/HGSS, you may not use the Pokemon of a Kanto gym leader... unless you're doing a super easy mode.

There will be a little bit more to it, but that's most of it.
There was something similar to that without the ranking, and with more options: The Trainer Class Challenge.

Misc: Trainer Class Challenge Revived

Rules:

1. Each player must pick a trainer class and use the Pokemon associated with that class.

2. You may use your starter until you catch a Pokemon associated with your class. After you get a Pokemon in your class, you must box your starter if it's not associated with your class.

3. No Legendaries.

Note: The original first generation didn't feature dark or steel types. The remakes are recommended unless you want a more limited choice pool.

Classes:

Spoiler:

Beauty: They raise a variety of Pokémon, mainly those that implement beauty, small cute ones, and pretty pink ones.

Biker/Cue Ball/Roughneck/Hooligan: Fighting and Dark types.

Bird Keeper/Pilot: Flying types.

Blackbelt/Battle Girl/Crush Girl: Fighting types.

Bug Catcher/Bug Maniac: Bug Types. Maniacs usually have evolved Pokemon.

Burglar: Fire types, Pokemon that emit smoke such as Koffing/Weezing.

Channeler/Medium/Hex Maniac: Ghost, Psychic & Ghost (for Mediums & HM)

Engineer/Guitarist/Rocker: Electric

Fisherman: Pokemon caught via fishing

Gentlemen/Socialite: Pokemon based on pets

Hiker: Fighting, Ground, and Rock-types. Pokemon found in caves.

Juggler/Clown/Harlequin: Pokemon associated with the circus such as Mr. Mime, Mime Jr., Seel, Phanphy/Donphan, Ponyta/Rapidash, Pokemon that are round such as Voltorb/Electrode. (I've added a few since bulbapedia only lists Mr. Mime, Mime Jr. and Voltorb/Electrode.)

Lass/Youngsters: Pokemon found relatively early, such as those found on the first 2 routes of any region.

Poké Maniac: Pokemon in the Monster egg group

Psychic: Phychic types mainly, sometimes Ghost

Sailor: Water types, the exception being Machop evolutionary line

Scientist: Man made Pokemon, Psychic types

Super Nerd: Electric, Fire, Poison

Swimmer: Water types

Tamer/Collector: Version exclusive, rare Pokemon

Boarder/Skier: Ice Types

Dragon Tamer: Dragon types and Pokemon that look like dragons

Fire breather/Kindler: Fire types

Pokefan: Pokemon in Fairy egg group

Kimono Girl/Sage: Uses Eevolutions, Bellsprout, Hoothoot

Policeman: Growlithe, Herdier, Hoothoot, Fighting types

Rocket Grunt: Rattata line, Ekans line, Sandshrew line, Zubat line, Machop line, Grimer line, Drowzee line, Cubone line, Oddish line, Koffing line, Murkrow line, Houndour line

Twins: complimentary Pokemon such as Plusle, Minun, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Ledyba, Spinarak that come in pairs. Sometimes 2 of the same Pokemon.

Artist: Pokémon that can learn Copycat and Mimic, such as Bonsly and Mime Jr., as well as Pokémon related to the arts, such as Kricketune and Smeargle

Aqua Admin/Grunt: Water, Poison, Dark

Magma Admin/Grunt: Fire, Poison, Dark, Ground

Ninja: Poison-type Pokémon, Nincada and Ninjask

Aroma Lady: Grass types, Combee

Ruin Maniac: Rock, Ground, Steel

Maid: Field egg group

Idol: Fairy egg group

Galactic Grunt: combination of Glameow, Stunky, Croagunk, Zubat, Houndour, Murkrow, and the Wurmple line

Doctor/Nurse: Psychic, Bug

Janitor: Mincinno line and other Pokemon that like to clean, Trubbish line and Pokemon that represent filth such as Grimer, Koffing

Musician: Pokemon related to singing

Preschooler: Small, cute Pokemon. Usually unevolved

Plasma Grunt: Pattrat line, Purrloin line, Sandile line, Scraggy Line, Trubbish line

I know it's not organized, but I'm sure someone else can do that if they revive this challenge.

Current Challenge(s):

Complete Challenges:

Future Challenge(s):
Old September 20th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Sydian

I like the idea of a trainer class challenge. :) I'd totally participate. Dunno what game I'd use...probably Emerald. Also, super cool awesome announcement time! There will be an event next month! If you know what next month is and what it's associated with, I'm sure you can guess what type of event it is. Still working out some stuff on it, but it should be a good one, and a little more challenging than previous events. And in other news, I think I'm crazy. I'm playing FireRed, which is my least favorite game. I just don't understand myself atm. ;-;
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooyun View Post
There was something similar to that without the ranking, and with more options: The Trainer Class Challenge.

Misc: Trainer Class Challenge Revived

Rules:

1. Each player must pick a trainer class and use the Pokemon associated with that class.

2. You may use your starter until you catch a Pokemon associated with your class. After you get a Pokemon in your class, you must box your starter if it's not associated with your class.

3. No Legendaries.

Note: The original first generation didn't feature dark or steel types. The remakes are recommended unless you want a more limited choice pool.

Classes:

Spoiler:

Beauty: They raise a variety of Pokémon, mainly those that implement beauty, small cute ones, and pretty pink ones.

Biker/Cue Ball/Roughneck/Hooligan: Fighting and Dark types.

Bird Keeper/Pilot: Flying types.

Blackbelt/Battle Girl/Crush Girl: Fighting types.

Bug Catcher/Bug Maniac: Bug Types. Maniacs usually have evolved Pokemon.

Burglar: Fire types, Pokemon that emit smoke such as Koffing/Weezing.

Channeler/Medium/Hex Maniac: Ghost, Psychic & Ghost (for Mediums & HM)

Engineer/Guitarist/Rocker: Electric

Fisherman: Pokemon caught via fishing

Gentlemen/Socialite: Pokemon based on pets

Hiker: Fighting, Ground, and Rock-types. Pokemon found in caves.

Juggler/Clown/Harlequin: Pokemon associated with the circus such as Mr. Mime, Mime Jr., Seel, Phanphy/Donphan, Ponyta/Rapidash, Pokemon that are round such as Voltorb/Electrode. (I've added a few since bulbapedia only lists Mr. Mime, Mime Jr. and Voltorb/Electrode.)

Lass/Youngsters: Pokemon found relatively early, such as those found on the first 2 routes of any region.

Poké Maniac: Pokemon in the Monster egg group

Psychic: Phychic types mainly, sometimes Ghost

Sailor: Water types, the exception being Machop evolutionary line

Scientist: Man made Pokemon, Psychic types

Super Nerd: Electric, Fire, Poison

Swimmer: Water types

Tamer/Collector: Version exclusive, rare Pokemon

Boarder/Skier: Ice Types

Dragon Tamer: Dragon types and Pokemon that look like dragons

Fire breather/Kindler: Fire types

Pokefan: Pokemon in Fairy egg group

Kimono Girl/Sage: Uses Eevolutions, Bellsprout, Hoothoot

Policeman: Growlithe, Herdier, Hoothoot, Fighting types

Rocket Grunt: Rattata line, Ekans line, Sandshrew line, Zubat line, Machop line, Grimer line, Drowzee line, Cubone line, Oddish line, Koffing line, Murkrow line, Houndour line

Twins: complimentary Pokemon such as Plusle, Minun, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Ledyba, Spinarak that come in pairs. Sometimes 2 of the same Pokemon.

Artist: Pokémon that can learn Copycat and Mimic, such as Bonsly and Mime Jr., as well as Pokémon related to the arts, such as Kricketune and Smeargle

Aqua Admin/Grunt: Water, Poison, Dark

Magma Admin/Grunt: Fire, Poison, Dark, Ground

Ninja: Poison-type Pokémon, Nincada and Ninjask

Aroma Lady: Grass types, Combee

Ruin Maniac: Rock, Ground, Steel

Maid: Field egg group

Idol: Fairy egg group

Galactic Grunt: combination of Glameow, Stunky, Croagunk, Zubat, Houndour, Murkrow, and the Wurmple line

Doctor/Nurse: Psychic, Bug

Janitor: Mincinno line and other Pokemon that like to clean, Trubbish line and Pokemon that represent filth such as Grimer, Koffing

Musician: Pokemon related to singing

Preschooler: Small, cute Pokemon. Usually unevolved

Plasma Grunt: Pattrat line, Purrloin line, Sandile line, Scraggy Line, Trubbish line

I know it's not organized, but I'm sure someone else can do that if they revive this challenge.

So, is that still around, or would I be able to revive it and incorporate my idea from above?
With all of those trainer classes, there's a lot more to it, but it's also a bit less specific and sometimes less is more, right? Well, I can think about the idea and see what I come up with :3 Thanks for letting me know about that :D

@Sydian - Nope, no idea what you're talking about. Unless it has something to do with Holloween :S
But if it's a bit specific to the Challenge forms, I have absolutely no idea at all. Ima new to this section X3
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Sooyun

Quote:
So, is that still around, or would I be able to revive it and incorporate my idea from above?
With all of those trainer classes, there's a lot more to it, but it's also a bit less specific and sometimes less is more, right? Well, I can think about the idea and see what I come up with :3 Thanks for letting me know about that :D

@Sydian - Nope, no idea what you're talking about. Unless it has something to do with Holloween
But if it's a bit specific to the Challenge forms, I have absolutely no idea at all. Ima new to this section X3
Welcome to this neck of the woods, stranger. ^.^

The old thread was specifically for HGSS and their trainer classes around the time it came out, so it's old and locked. So yes, you can definitely revive this challenge and incorporate your idea (I like the idea of the tier system, just not exclusivity to Plasma). If you want less to manage, you can make the challenge for 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation (since the 3rd and 4th generation has the remakes), or just a specific generation and narrow down/combine a few classes (like, combining bug catcher/maniac with aroma lady, just have the combos make sense, lol) that may only use one type.

I wouldn't stick steadfast to just confining yourself to one trainer class. That would be too samey for some challengers since there's not a ton of variety in the Pokemon Plasma uses. It would be like the Eevolution challenge (where the player would have a team of eevolutions). There's only Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon, and Umbreon. With 8 choices, it's inevitable that some people will have similar or the same teams. That would be a boring thread to read.

And considering that next month is All Hallows Eve, it will most likely be a Halloween Challenge. Sydian's pretty much in charge of the larger scale challenges that usually corresponds to holidays (see my sig. one was St. Patrick's). They usually come with prizes (emblems for you profile), and they usually have a time limit (to the end of the month we're celebrating).

@Syd, maybe you're playing it for the nostalgia of Kanto but don't want the 8bit graphics?

Edit: I found patches of the following:
Red with Dark and Steel types
Gold & Silver that adds the Safari Zone w/ version exclusives (They couldn't add Safari zone in Crystal, so instead, they added the version exclusives of Gold/Silver back in their original routes.)

May I say: sweet!

Now I just need to find a non-Viet version of a translated Japanese Crystal.

Current Challenge(s):

Complete Challenges:

Future Challenge(s):

Last edited by Sooyun; September 21st, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:30 AM
Young4Ever
No need to be bitter,is there?

Nature: Relaxed
Oh yeah,SYdian,will we have have a halloween challenge event? :3
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
What do you guys think of the idea of a Base Power Challenge? The idea is that you can only use moves with a low base power, say, 60 or lower. I might make this challenge after I finish up with my Gorebyss solo challenge if it hasn't already been made. This challenge would make multi-hit moves like Dual Chop and Double Kick rather useful.
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM
Sydian

Quote:
@Sydian - Nope, no idea what you're talking about. Unless it has something to do with Holloween :S
Quote:
Oh yeah,SYdian,will we have have a halloween challenge event? :3
:3c

Quote:
@Syd, maybe you're playing it for the nostalgia of Kanto but don't want the 8bit graphics?
Love 8-bit though, so that can't be it. ;-;

Quote:
What do you guys think of the idea of a Base Power Challenge? The idea is that you can only use moves with a low base power, say, 60 or lower. I might make this challenge after I finish up with my Gorebyss solo challenge if it hasn't already been made. This challenge would make multi-hit moves like Dual Chop and Double Kick rather useful.
FURY SWIPPPPESSS. Not a bad idea though. -keeps a vigilant eye out for said challenge-
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM
Young4Ever

Could work,but I think it would be better to see if the Base Speed would be popular before trying this one,because they're kinda one of a pair,and if someone makes a Special-Based Moveset it wouldn't hurt that much.This doesn't work with base Speed because tehre's no opposite (Sp.Att. opposites Att.;Sp.Def. opposites Def.) ;P
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Sooyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young4Ever View Post
Could work,but I think it would be better to see if the Base Speed would be popular before trying this one,because they're kinda one of a pair,and if someone makes a Special-Based Moveset it wouldn't hurt that much.This doesn't work with base Speed because tehre's no opposite (Sp.Att. opposites Att.;Sp.Def. opposites Def.) ;P
might want to use that space bar a bit more? It's hard enough to read with the size 2 font *squints*

Current Challenge(s):

Complete Challenges:

Future Challenge(s):
Old September 21st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Young4Ever

Sorry didn't realize that '
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Shea Man
Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy

Nature: Docile
Now here's an idea which seems extremely easy, yet I still do not wish to participate

"Shedinja's Challenge: Sans Wonder Guard, Level 100 Gym Fight!"

Goal: Get through all of the Gym battles AND Elite Four using lvl 100 Pokemon without sustaining a single hit from an offensive move!

Conditions: You may use any level Pokemon, but it's expected that you use level 100 Pokemon
Any Pokemon is okay, even emulation hacks.
If a pokemon sustains ONE hit from an offensive maneuver (during a Gym Leader Battle), you may no longer use it. If you're using six Slakings and they all get hit, you must try again from the PC. On this note, it's ideal to use the DeSmuMe Emulator, due to its multi-save function.

Trivial Matter: Save slot at the PC, and if you get blundered, load the recently saved data and act as if you'd whited (or as they FINALLY started saying, Blacked) out. You mmay challenge the leader again, but you must restart when your team has become perfectly imperfect.

Terminology:
Speed-through - OHKO each Leader Pokemon
Edinburgh - Using actual Shedinja - easiestestest way to do this
Stunfisk'd - When your Pokemon actually does Faint (Still Derpin' up your forums)
Objection! - Hardcore mode - if you sustain a SINGLE hit on any Pokemon, you must retry the gym. Also, the one hit fainting rule also applies to regular trainers! (Yep, Phoenix Wright.)
Kanto Killstreak - Perform the challenge in Kanto without being defeated once in Objection!
Johto Gype'd - Perform the Objection! challenge in Johto without a single loss
Hoenn Honed - Perform the Objection! challenge in Hoenn without a single loss
Sinnoh Scintillation - Perform the Objection! challenge in Sinnoh without a single loss
Unova Pride - Perform the Objection! challenge in Unova without a single loss OR ANY PREVIOUS GENERATION POKEMON
Unova Ultra - Perform the Unova Objection! challenge without a single loss

Achievement rankings:
Kanto Killstreak - 100 Gamerscore
Johto Gype'd - 125 Gamerscore
Sinnoh Scintillation - 150 Gamerscore
Unova Ultra - 175 Gamerscore
Unova Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Kanto Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Johto Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Hoenn Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Sinnoh Pride - 200 Gamerscore
Get Stunfisk'd - 0 Gamerscore
Shinobi - 50 Gamerscore (Edinburgh all the way)
Power-Player - 100 Gamerscore (Speed-through all the way)
Badger - 100 Gamerscore (Objection! Completion)
Skillful Nerd - 500 Gamerscore (Get all the Regional Achieveements)
I Own Everything - 500 Gamerscore (Get all other Achievements)

TotalPossible: 2,800 Gamerscore
If you get all the Gamerscore, you get good kudos.

I CAN HAS GRACIDEA?

Derr PC Family~

Nideous
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:42 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Shea Man: That challenge sounds rather fun. I could see myself playing it. Though I wouldn't start it myself; too much to keep track of.
Old September 21st, 2011, 05:00 PM
Young4Ever

Might work but I'm no good with those kind of challenges '
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:15 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooyun View Post
Welcome to this neck of the woods, stranger. ^.^

The old thread was specifically for HGSS and their trainer classes around the time it came out, so it's old and locked. So yes, you can definitely revive this challenge and incorporate your idea (I like the idea of the tier system, just not exclusivity to Plasma). If you want less to manage, you can make the challenge for 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation (since the 3rd and 4th generation has the remakes), or just a specific generation and narrow down/combine a few classes (like, combining bug catcher/maniac with aroma lady, just have the combos make sense, lol) that may only use one type.

I wouldn't stick steadfast to just confining yourself to one trainer class. That would be too samey for some challengers since there's not a ton of variety in the Pokemon Plasma uses. It would be like the Eevolution challenge (where the player would have a team of eevolutions). There's only Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon, and Umbreon. With 8 choices, it's inevitable that some people will have similar or the same teams. That would be a boring thread to read.

And considering that next month is All Hallows Eve, it will most likely be a Halloween Challenge. Sydian's pretty much in charge of the larger scale challenges that usually corresponds to holidays (see my sig. one was St. Patrick's). They usually come with prizes (emblems for you profile), and they usually have a time limit (to the end of the month we're celebrating).

@Syd, maybe you're playing it for the nostalgia of Kanto but don't want the 8bit graphics? :pink_giggle:

Edit: I found patches of the following:
Red with Dark and Steel types
Gold & Silver that adds the Safari Zone w/ version exclusives (They couldn't add Safari zone in Crystal, so instead, they added the version exclusives of Gold/Silver back in their original routes.)

May I say: sweet!

Now I just need to find a non-Viet version of a translated Japanese Crystal.
Well thank you :3

And I hadn't planned to use just Team Plasma, that was just my example.
Hint: reread everything in that post ;3
Well, I might consider making that challenge then.
Holloween Challenge sounds... interesting. Perhaps it would have something to do with a Ghost/Dark type challenge/theme/something?

@Shea Man - Sounds interesting but... well, I don't know if I'd make that :S Who knows? Maybe.
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

I have to admit, just thinking about a halloween challenge makes me excited. So many possibilities, probably soemthing like nakuzami said, dark and ghost types.
Old September 27th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Shea Man
Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy

Nature: Docile
lol Nobody wants to do my Shedinja sans Wonder Guard Challenge.

I'm too far into my White version game on DeSmuMe to care about anything else

I CAN HAS GRACIDEA?

Derr PC Family~

Nideous
Old September 27th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Sydian

I'm itching to get the Halloween challenge started also, guys! I'm hoping you'll like the way the teams have to be set up. It took me a while to think of it too, lol. I will give you a spoiler though, but only since you've already guessed it...you are required to use a Ghost-type. Which is great for me, because I love Ghosts.
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Ghosts are pretty awesome, especially in gen v with the likes of chandelure and jellicent. A question about the challenge. Would it be on Black and white or an older game?
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:35 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Ohh looks like I came at the right time. Maybe a challenge where all Pokemon have to be ghost, dark types or have to be in the monster or amorphous egg groups.

I haven't being doing many challenges recently. I did get some of my Nuzlocke done in history however because my teacher said we could go on our laptops why he tried to get a documentary to play, it took him 45 minutes. Also I must beat Syd in my Hall of Fame Challenge.
Old September 29th, 2011, 08:54 AM
dragonite149
I am not male

So... I'm back on PC. So I guessed I'd join the Seed Bby madness and Nuzlocking Insanity also known as the Challenge forums once again~

Heh, random idea inspired by something I'm trying to do on PF.

The Other Thing Challenge (tentative name). You have to go through the game with Pokémon that you think are quite similiar to characters from your favourite anime/TV Show/book series/whatever. You can use your starter until you get a Pokémon that fits the criteria, but once you get it, your starter must be boxed/released. Oh yeah, you must try to get that Pokémon as soon as possible. (so if one of your mons is a Pikachu, search Viridian Forest until you find one instead of just skipping the forest like just another forest)

If I did start this, I think I'd do it on Diamond or something with Kidou Piplup->Empoleon as my starter, Endou Pichu->Raichu and Gouenji Growlithe->Arcanine (yay alliteration) being good some backup mons. And an useless Megane Magikarp for the box.
Old September 29th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Sydian

Quote:
Ghosts are pretty awesome, especially in gen v with the likes of chandelure and jellicent. A question about the challenge. Would it be on Black and white or an older game?
Unlike previous events, the Halloween challenge will be for all main games. :) Though I highly suggest not using anything older than RSE, otherwise your choices are going to be terrible.

Quote:
So... I'm back on PC. So I guessed I'd join the Seed Bby madness and Nuzlocking Insanity also known as the Challenge forums once again~
Awwwweeeee. Seed bby is so great and wonderful. OMG GUYS. Did I mention I have two shiny Seed bbys? :D One is courtesy of Deku, the other is from dragonmega. So fabulous<3

Quote:
The Other Thing Challenge (tentative name). You have to go through the game with Pokémon that you think are quite similiar to characters from your favourite anime/TV Show/book series/whatever. You can use your starter until you get a Pokémon that fits the criteria, but once you get it, your starter must be boxed/released. Oh yeah, you must try to get that Pokémon as soon as possible. (so if one of your mons is a Pikachu, search Viridian Forest until you find one instead of just skipping the forest like just another forest)

If I did start this, I think I'd do it on Diamond or something with Kidou Piplup->Empoleon as my starter, Endou Pichu->Raichu and Gouenji Growlithe->Arcanine (yay alliteration) being good some backup mons. And an useless Megane Magikarp for the box.
I think there's already one like this? But I can't quite put my finger on the name of it, lol. But it's around somewhere, I'm sure.
Old September 29th, 2011, 09:45 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

Unlike previous events, the Halloween challenge will be for all main games. Though I highly suggest not using anything older than RSE, otherwise your choices are going to be terrible.

Awwwweeeee. Seed bby is so great and wonderful. OMG GUYS. Did I mention I have two shiny Seed bbys? :D One is courtesy of Deku, the other is from dragonmega. So fabulous<3

I think there's already one like this? But I can't quite put my finger on the name of it, lol. But it's around somewhere, I'm sure.
Syd, that would be the Character Challenge. Not sure if it's still alive or not, but I've seen it.
EDIT: Just checked, it's still alive. Last post was September 20th.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here