• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

They could get rid of the "mom and dad" thing altogether and call their parents by their first name. Or they could even both just be "Mom", or both "Dad".

I have a friend who has two dads and he calls them by their first names. But he refuses to tell most people at school about this... It's a shame, they're perfectly lovely people, he's just embarrassed about them. He did have a mum till he was 10 though, so I suppose that could be something to do with it. Do you guys think it'd be harder to adapt to having two dads after years of having a mum, or do you think it doesn't make a difference?

oocyst

SOFTware
Years

I get so annoyed when Christians act like they created the concept of marriage and therefore have the right to define what marriage is. Marriage exists all over the world in many different cultures and it's different everywhere. I'm so happy to live in a country that just celebrated their 10-year anniversary of gay marriage.

They could get rid of the "mom and dad" thing altogether and call their parents by their first name. Or they could even both just be "Mom", or both "Dad".

That's not even that weird to me, I'm used to calling my mom and dad by their first names.. I suppose that would be the best solution, but calling them both Mom or Dad should work too.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

Lolwut? I mean, I am Christian, so of course I believe it could be possible, but I think there would probably be lots of other instances where this could happen, but as far as I know (which is admittedly little) this hasn't happened before sooooo, this isn't likely. XD
I'm a Christian too, and there's no way God did this, regardless of the reason. He does not do or create bad things, in fact, 9 times out of 10 he will bring as much good as possible out of bad things that happen. (At least, on a large scale, like 9/11 etc.)

So he would never create a storm, or kill people/animals over... well, anything. That's just my belief though, I guess it could be different in other denominations.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
My sister is actually gay as well and has a son. He's still pretty young, but he's always called my sister "mom" and her partner by her name. I mean, he knows his dad, so he knows the situation a little bit.

Last edited:

-Jared-

Years
I'm a Christian too, and there's no way God did this, regardless of the reason. He does not do or create bad things, in fact, 9 times out of 10 he will bring as much good as possible out of bad things that happen. (At least, on a large scale, like 9/11 etc.)

So he would never create a storm, or kill people/animals over... well, anything. That's just my belief though, I guess it could be different in other denominations.

Actually, I agree completely. All God does is use bad events to create good things. Although this is probably getting off topic a little, so...>__>

For same sex parents, I remember an episode of Law and Order had a child call her mothers "Mommy Jane" and "Mommy Clarice" (making up names here. XD). That would work, I think.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I have a friend who has two dads and he calls them by their first names. But he refuses to tell most people at school about this... It's a shame, they're perfectly lovely people, he's just embarrassed about them. He did have a mum till he was 10 though, so I suppose that could be something to do with it. Do you guys think it'd be harder to adapt to having two dads after years of having a mum, or do you think it doesn't make a difference?
I'd say it's difficult to adapt since you'd be accustomed to opposite-sex parents, but once you start to get used to it, it wouldn't be as hard.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
So he would never create a storm, or kill people

Bible says different lol.

Anyway, I watched that video and I have two words:

"Lol religion"

I try not to be that way, I try to be open-minded but then I see something like that and it just catapults me right back lol. I could not stop laughing the whole way through. That woman is ridiculous. I would go searching for a "Haters Gonna Hate" gif, but it's so ridiculous it's really not worth that, and y'all know how I feel about right-wing Christian nonsense anyway :P

As for the what do you call two same sex parents thing, I remember Ellen interviewing Wanda Sykes once and her saying that her kids call her and her wife "Mommy" and "Mama". Her wife is French which helps that but there is more than one way to say Mom.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Bible says different lol.
I assume you're talking about the Great Flood. After that happened, God created rainbows as a promise that it would never happen again in the future. Things are just different now anyway. Back then he was very much a part of the everyday lives of people, but nowadays he can't do anything directly unless specifically asked to do it through prayer.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
<script type="text/javascript">
var d=d. getSenseofHumorousIrony();

if (SenseofHumorousIrony=true)
{
post.write("OMG THAT'S SO FUNNY!!!");
}

else (SenseofHumorousIrony=false)
{
post.write("I think this comic strip might help explain what I think of the previous argument.

[IMG]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png[/IMG]

Now before this thread goes off in the wrong direction, lets just stop and carry on...

[B]It seems now people are starting to accept gay rights, gay marriage, etc, but it seems that it isn't not completely accept, and is not considered the norm. How do you feel about the world's current acceptance on the subject?[/B]");
}
</script>

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Damns this place posts so often I can't keep up. ^_^;
So, how do kids with same sex parents address them? Mommy 1 and Mommy 2?

Well, think of other relatives that share similar titles.

Options for same title relatives:

1) Grandma/Nana and Grandpa/Papa
2) Uncle Mike/Uncle John
3) Todd/Emily (siblings)

Equivalent Options for same-sex parents:
1) Dad/Papa/Daddy and Mom, Mama, Ma, Nana, Mommy, Mum
2) Father John and Father Mike (this one doesn't bode well in my opinion unless you have priests/priestesses for parents, haha)
3) John/Mike and Jen/Sara

Option 1 seems like the best option. Allows creativity, but many couples find success in doing this without confusion.

Option 2 is bad!! haha

Option 3 is all right, but I don't think it is very interpersonal.

-Jared-

Years
It seems now people are starting to accept gay rights, gay marriage, etc, but it seems that it isn't not completely accept, and is not considered the norm. How do you feel about the world's current acceptance on the subject?

Good enough to want to come out in real life. ^__^ I would still like to see it more accepted, to the point that this something I can just casually say it to a complete stranger, but as it is, I am glad we are where we are.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
It seems now people are starting to accept gay rights, gay marriage, etc, but it seems that it isn't not completely accept, and is not considered the norm. How do you feel about the world's current acceptance on the subject?

It's not perfect, but it certainly has gotten a lot better considering the past millennium. Oh you wacky religions I feel we're closer to obtaining our rights but it'll still take some time to achieve our goals. Especially in countries where there are still laws severely punishing homosexuals and/or homosexual activity.

Shining Raichu

Years
lmao Nick, you can't go around saying things like that before there's enough of a following to believe it! It's just like when Dumbledore and Harry went around saying "Voldemort's back!" and noone believed them for like a year until they all saw him themselves.

I think we have a long way to go but we are making leaps and bounds even in just recent years. I think the world is finally coming around and we really need to 'strike while the iron's hot' as they say.

Saturday's Child

Workin' Hard...
Years

I think that many people are taking a good first step into accepting us as we are, and my prime example is when I came out to my best friend; he was surprised for a second, and after that he was totally cool with it. He was even sympathetic when he asked me what was bothering me when I was bummed while thinking about the fact that my crush is probably not gay. He treated it just like if it were a girl, and if my crush weren't one of his other close friends! I was just so jubilant when he was totally supporting, and that's how I feel the majority our generation is growing into society, with in accepting, but sometimes misunderstanding, of homosexuality and to an extent all other aspects of the LGBTQIPAAOS society. This may seem naive, but sometimes the world isn't as bad as it seems. :D

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
I think that many people are taking a good first step into accepting us as we are, and my prime example is when I came out to my best friend; he was surprised for a second, and after that he was totally cool with it. He was even sympathetic when he asked me what was bothering me when I was bummed while thinking about the fact that my crush is probably not gay. He treated it just like if it were a girl, and if my crush weren't one of his other close friends! I was just so jubilant when he was totally supporting, and that's how I feel the majority our generation is growing into society, with in accepting, but sometimes misunderstanding, of homosexuality and to an extent all other aspects of the LGBTQIPAAOS society. This may seem naive, but sometimes the world isn't as bad as it seems. :D
SO CUTE <3 Gwaah. I wish I had friends like that -.- My friends were surprised because apparently I never even seemed close to the fence @-@ Or something like that. But, then they were just like... okay... and passed it off. I feel so unimportant ;.;

As for the topic... Well... I guess pretty much the same thing as everyone else o.o I've had an interesting experience with homosexuality. In my younger years it was just something that was brushed off and never spoken of. Then when I entered High School... I attended a weird charter school with a high population of homosexuals xD So I've never really seen any of the intollerance that everyone else has seen :x That's why my shades are colored in a particular light that makes it impossible for me to accurately judge, however, just from that alone... that would appear to mark a significant change o.o

Years
I was just so jubilant when he was totally supporting, and that's how I feel the majority our generation is growing into society, with in accepting, but sometimes misunderstanding, of homosexuality and to an extent all other aspects of the LGBTQIPAAOS society. This may seem naive, but sometimes the world isn't as bad as it seems. :D
You know, this kind of makes me wonder. If, in the future, being queer isn't considered abnormal would we appreciate what it means to trust someone enough to come out to them, if we'd loose something in our ability to come out to someone in the face of adversity and uncertainty? I'm not saying I don't want us to have that kind of future, just that we've got a particular situation that sort of challenges us that maybe not everyone else has.

Shining Raichu

Years
That's an incredibly interesting point you bring up, Scarf. As stressful and horrible as it is to come out to people, it does indeed have that advantage. Once the adversity is stripped away, it may turn the future generations of minority sexuality people more superficial, because they haven't had to go through what we have. Though I do believe that the greatest luxury we have in life is the ability to be superficial and worry about petty things, so honestly, I can't wait for that future.

Back