The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 22nd, 2011, 09:50 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Does anyone know how much time is allotted to beat the given number of trainers on one trip on the Royal Isshu? Also, time spent in battles doesn't run down my timer (before when the ship returns to Hiun City and I have to leave the ship), does it?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old September 23rd, 2011, 05:44 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
where are all the places I can get props for the prop case (for the musical)

Last edited by Moltres Rider; September 23rd, 2011 at 05:44 AM. Reason: typed 1 wrong word
Old September 23rd, 2011, 05:54 AM
Yoshikkko

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
where are all the places I can get props for the prop case (for the musical)
In Nimbasa City, and to the left of it, there are people that will give you some props. In the Musical, when you participate, the fans outside will also give you props (if you win, even more so; you know you won if your Pokémon is jumping on the picture). On your birthday, the man up the stairs in the Musical, will give you a prop too, and when you have won about 5-10 musicals, he will give you another one. I think you can get up to 95 props in the Musical / Nimbasa and around it, and the other 5 are obtained in Opelucid. In one of the buildings, there is a man that will give you a prop each day.

There are 100 props in total, and when you obtained them all, your trainercard will get an upgrade!
Old September 23rd, 2011, 05:59 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
In Nimbasa City, and to the left of it, there are people that will give you some props. In the Musical, when you participate, the fans outside will also give you props (if you win, even more so; you know you won if your Pokémon is jumping on the picture). On your birthday, the man up the stairs in the Musical, will give you a prop too, and when you have won about 5-10 musicals, he will give you another one. I think you can get up to 95 props in the Musical / Nimbasa and around it, and the other 5 are obtained in Opelucid. In one of the buildings, there is a man that will give you a prop each day.

There are 100 props in total, and when you obtained them all, your trainercard will get an upgrade!
You can only get 4 in Opelucid City and you get the last one by participating in a musical with another game and by talking to the man in Nimbasa.

Or if I confuse you.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Prop
Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
you know you won if your Pokémon is jumping on the picture).

I was told from a friend that if the guy talks to you last (after the show), then you've won. so is that not true then?
Old September 24th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Snegurochka
fire walk with me.

Nature: Sassy
I want to restart my Black but does that mean I have to make a new account for Pokemon GL? I can't find an option to delete my game there, I only see add White which I don't have, would that work?
Old September 24th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
I was told from a friend that if the guy talks to you last (after the show), then you've won. so is that not true then?
I can confirm that jumping is the sign that you've won, not sure about the guy talking to you last. I would just go with the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snegurochka View Post
I want to restart my Black but does that mean I have to make a new account for Pokemon GL? I can't find an option to delete my game there, I only see add White which I don't have, would that work?
No unfortunately, you can only have one Black and one White ever registered to an account. The code transmits if it's Black or White so you can't register a Black game to a White slot I don't believe. You have to make a new account if you want to register two of the same game or restart, unfortunately. :(
Old September 24th, 2011, 08:34 AM
ZBomber
Beginning Trainer

I'm sure this is a frequently asked question, but

OK so my White Forest has no people in it at all. It's kind of boring. I know in order to get people there, I need to do entralink with someone using black, but the problem is I don't know anyone with black. So... I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do.

The other question I have is I DO have a copy of black, but I have not played it and I do not plan to until I get bored of White. If I don't wanna get screwed over like I did in white, how do I make sure that I get people there? Does it go by how many hours you have played the game until you get to Black City, or does it go by the date you started the journey? Either way, I like to take my time when playing Pokemon so I'm afraid I won't get there fast enough and be stuck with a dead Black City.
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:26 AM
devilace372
cast between dusk and dawn

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBomber View Post

OK so my White Forest has no people in it at all. It's kind of boring. I know in order to get people there, I need to do entralink with someone using black, but the problem is I don't know anyone with black. So... I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do.

The other question I have is I DO have a copy of black, but I have not played it and I do not plan to until I get bored of White. If I don't wanna get screwed over like I did in white, how do I make sure that I get people there? Does it go by how many hours you have played the game until you get to Black City, or does it go by the date you started the journey? Either way, I like to take my time when playing Pokemon so I'm afraid I won't get there fast enough and be stuck with a dead Black City.
hey you need to go to black city and talk to the people there and when they ask to come to white forest they will appear on your game in your white forest after you have said yes and returned to your game

black friend code 4513 0451 0672 trainer name Rambo lol (mainly use)
Platinum FC 3396 6219 8023
White FC 0561 9015 1283
SS FC 3353 6723 1201
HG FC 4813 9699 5018
Check Out DevilKlown's Thread!!!!: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...22#post6889622
Challenges:
Current Challenge: The Random Pokemon Challenge - Soul Silver - Team: Flareon, Gallade, Corsola, Breloom
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:

If I remember correctly it goes by date. I started my game, took 55 hours to get to White Forest, and had a few people there. My boyfriend got to his in about 20 and had no one, cause he started before me and didn't play much. Kinda sucks because that means you'll have to not take your time, but that's how it works iirc. :(
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Yoshikkko

Quote:
I'm not sure, it might be true because I read that as well, but you can be a 100% sure if your Pokémon is jumping in the picture, that's what I would rely on.

Quote:

Also, this is not related to the date or how much time you've spent in the game (thank god lol otherwise I'd never get it). It's the same with White Forest, only the other way around. To get people in your Black City, you need to visit someone elses White Forest and talk to the people there. Some of them will decide to migrate to your Black City. It's true however that in the beginning, there are already people in your Black City/White Forest, but they will move away since you can't come there yet, so that part is related to how much time you spent. Also, when you've got people in your Black City/White Forest, this means that if you don't visit it enough, they will move away again.

Last edited by Forever; September 24th, 2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:25 PM
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Nature: Calm
I'm sort of in a situation where I don't know what to do. You see I've recently been trying the dram world just so I can get some nice abilities on pokemon whiledodging doing any of that corny little kid decoration, farming and sharing stuff. In particular I want one of the dragonite evolution line because its new ability actualy is realy nice.

Problem is I go the the dream island place (which only lets me in once a day =/) and it's just not showing up. how do I get the pokemon I want to show up? I only find about 2 or 3 every run and frequently they aren't extrordinaraly good.

Is there something I can do to get better finds? any tips?
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

To get to the best Pokemon in the Dream World, you need Dream Points. To get the points, you have to play with Pokemon and farm berries (which aren't useless if you get the good ones, those are EV reducing berries and the only way you can get them). As you can see here, you need 10,000 points to get a Dratini, which means you'll probably want to make friends, plant berries, etc to up the Dream Points you get every time. If you do everything possible you can get around 500 points every day, so that's 20 days of spending the entire hour doing everything to get to a Dratini.
Old September 24th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
Does anyone know how much time is allotted to beat the given number of trainers on one trip on the Royal Isshu? Also, time spent in battles doesn't run down my timer (before when the ship returns to Hiun City and I have to leave the ship), does it?
Can anyone please help me with this?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old September 25th, 2011, 08:42 AM
archeops14
The First Bird

Nature: Quiet
So I've got a Thundurus and Tornadus, both of them are traded and the Thundurus in my game is still roaming. I like to do everything in a more simple way, so is it alright if I just kill the roaming Thundurus so that I can get to Landorus?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 25th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Can anyone please help me with this?
It's five whistle blasts, I can't tell you how long it is between whistle blasts though. And no, battles don't run down the timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archeops14 View Post
So I've got a Thundurus and Tornadus, both of them are traded and the Thundurus in my game is still roaming. I like to do everything in a more simple way, so is it alright if I just kill the roaming Thundurus so that I can get to Landorus?
I thiiink that one of them has to be from your game, but someone else should confirm this.
Old September 25th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

does Pokemon's health and/or level affect the Pokemon's performance at Pokemon musical?
Old September 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Yoshikkko

Quote:
does Pokemon's health and/or level affect the Pokemon's performance at Pokemon musical?
Nope, not at all. I believe that even if the Pokémon is fainted, it doesn't matter.
Old September 25th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

It's five whistle blasts, I can't tell you how long it is between whistle blasts though. And no, battles don't run down the timer.
Thanks!

What's the difference between Assurance (ダメおし) and Payback (しっぺがえし)? Looking at Bulbapedia, it seems they both involve doubling the damage if the user is hit in the same turn. I was thinking about using this move, but first I need to know I can make use of its doubling power effect regularly.

Also, I'm not understanding how "Physical" and "Special" types of moves affect a Pokemon's move power. What I mean is, I always thought Psychic moves, for example, were always only based on the user's Special Attack stat, and that Attack had no relation to those moves. However, if it's a Physical move, wouldn't that mean it'd apply to the Attack stat instead of to the Special Attack stat even though the type of move is Psychic? I found out not long ago how Dragon moves depend on whether it's Physical or Special, but now I'm wondering if all moves are that way.

Old September 25th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Also, I'm not understanding how "Physical" and "Special" types of moves affect a Pokemon's move power. What I mean is, I always thought Psychic moves, for example, were always only based on the user's Special Attack stat, and that Attack had no relation to those moves. However, if it's a Physical move, wouldn't that mean it'd apply to the Attack stat instead of to the Special Attack stat even though the type of move is Psychic? I found out not long ago how Dragon moves depend on whether it's Physical or Special, but now I'm wondering if all moves are that way.
Only going to reply to the second part, sorry.

Well, prior to generation 4, all psychic attacks were special, but not it relies specifically on the attack itself. So if you were to use Zen Headbutt, a physical psychic attack, the power would come from its attack stat, rather than its special attack stat, while if you used Psyshock, while it is special in nature, it actually uses the opponent's defense stat to determine the power, which is an advantage if they're fighting a special attacker, which usually invests in special defense and therefore an attack attacking their defense would be stronger, if that makes sense. In other words, yes it based upon the attack entirely and not the type.
Old September 26th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Xebelleon
Mugcake Handler

Nature: Quirky
Healer ability has a 30% to work.
Any other abilities with a 30% success (other than Serene Grace) so I can know how lame Healer is, versus thinking it lame?
Old September 26th, 2011, 12:35 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Thanks!

What's the difference between Assurance (ダメおし) and Payback (しっぺがえし)? Looking at Bulbapedia, it seems they both involve doubling the damage if the user is hit in the same turn. I was thinking about using this move, but first I need to know I can make use of its doubling power effect regularly.
I'll answer the first bit then.

Assurance will do double damage if the target of the move has already been damaged that turn. This commonly happens in double battles, where your other Pokemon may hit the opponents and then you use Assurance on the same Pokemon to get the boost. Payback does double damage if you attack after the opponent.
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Hey, I just wanted to ask those people who knows about the Pokerus.
In Black and White, is there a hint to know whether a Pokemon has one in the Wild? For example, can the music turn into the rare wild Pokemon battle instead of normal. Just asking
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
In Black and White, is there a hint to know whether a Pokemon has one in the Wild? For example, can the music turn into the rare wild Pokemon battle instead of normal. Just asking :nervous:
Nope. You'll just have to hope!
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:35 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
In Black and White, is there a hint to know whether a Pokemon has one in the Wild? For example, can the music turn into the rare wild Pokemon battle instead of normal. Just asking
Unfortunately, there's no way on knowing if a wild Pokemon has Pokerus or not during battle. The only way to determine if it has Pokerus is to catch the Pokemon or defeat it in battle.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links