The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Welcome to the club! Which shinies do you have?

Also, awesome points to TB for the referral! We seem to be doing much better with getting new members lately, which is awesome. Now we just need to work on retention...
Oh I couldn't possibly list them all. D: My total obtained by me is Over 100 and altogether about twice that.

Though my latest was a ponyta. I wasn't even trying for her. I was trying to find a good morning sun daddy to IV with. My parents were a HG Rapidash and a Magic Bounce Espeon, both english, so I was at regular 1/8192 chances. And yet Egg #7 hatched into this little beauty right here. I honestly laughed at the luck.

Old September 18th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
Though my latest was a ponyta. I wasn't even trying for her. I was trying to find a good morning sun daddy to IV with. My parents were a HG Rapidash and a Magic Bounce Espeon, both english, so I was at regular 1/8192 chances. And yet Egg #7 hatched into this little beauty right here. I honestly laughed at the luck.
You hatched a 1/8192 ponyta on your 7th egg!? I've been trying to get a 1/2033 ponyta for ages now, though I put that on pause to pursue Gulpin and Unown. Well good job on the ponyta anyway and good luck to all of us on our respective shiny hunts. :D

Gulpin - 329 Eggs
Unown - 200 RE's

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old September 18th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus Whisper View Post
:shocked: You hatched a 1/8192 ponyta on your 7th egg!? I've been trying to get a 1/2033 ponyta for ages now, though I put that on pause to pursue Gulpin and Unown. Well good job on the ponyta anyway and good luck to all of us on our respective shiny hunts. :D

Gulpin - 329 Eggs
Unown - 200 RE's
Good luck on those two hunts!
And yes. 7th egg. It wasn't my intention to get a shiny but the game was all "lol here ya go!" And I just took it... You should never question when your game hands you a shiny. XD

Also, if you're looking in Gen 5, the masuda chances are now 1/1366 rather than the 1/2048 they were in gen 4. ._.

But I may do another shiny hunt soon... I just don't know what. ._. On my Japanese black I managed to Masuda a Litwick on April Fools day on egg 26. :o
Old September 18th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Druddigon
Arceus Trainer

I love shinies, but don't have to much..
I have 2 shiny Hoothoots, 1 shiny Lugia and 1 shiny UT Dialga.
I would really appreciate it if I could join.

IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT SOME OF MY SHINIES ARE SHOWING UP AS HACKED. I FEEL VERY DEPRESSED THAT I SPENT ALL THE HOURS THAT I DID SHINY HUNTING AND IT TURN OUT THEY ARE COUNTERFEIT. IF I TRADED YOU A SHINY, TOSS IT AND PM ME FOR A TRADE BACK!
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome all new members, and congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random shiny Pokémon contest is... Tynamo!

My hunts
Litwick: 2,160
Gligar: 36 (done)
Gastly: 92
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druddigon View Post
...don't have to much..
I have 2 shiny Hoothoots, 1 shiny Lugia and 1 shiny UT Dialga...
Your so modest, but anyway thanks to school I haven't made any progress in any of my hunts, and homecoming is Saturday which eliminates well half my weekend. so this week's not looking good for hunting, which sucks cause I have a feeling a shiny is coming up and now I'm gonna have to wait for it. Anyway, good luck to all of us and our respective shiny hunts.

Old September 19th, 2011, 11:14 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I have a moral question to you shiny hunters: Is it right to go through any means neccessary to obtain shinies? (excluding trading and cheating) Personally, I believe what makes shinies special is finding one completely randomly. Not through chaining or breeding. But that's just me. What are your opinions?

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 17
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Saerith
Fear My Glitter!

Nature: Gentle
G-money I spend all day breeding them and th the 13 i kept are
Flareon
Vaporeon
Growlithe
Bellosom
Chansey
Vulpix
Ditto
Bulbasaur
Skitty
Seel
Ho-oh
Chikorita
Milotic

U_flame i wouldnt put breeding with chaining, I dont see anything unmoral about it either. what else are you supposed to do with the daycare but breed lol.

Angel Island
Pair: assassinjay1229
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:55 AM
assassinjay1229
Im baaaack

Nature: Naughty
Well I don't think i've got anything recently (lol bad memory)
but heres my own personal "ShinyDex"

Kanto
57/151

Johto
27/100

Hoenn
27/134

Sinnoh
40/106

Unova
49/156

Pair: Saerith
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:36 AM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrkel1503 View Post
*list of really awesome shinies*
Nice! They're even more impressive because they're all 5th gen, meaning you've gotten all of those in less than a year!

I only have 6 shinies this year, but that's really good for me. I'll take whatever I can get!

Quote:
Oh I couldn't possibly list them all. D: My total obtained by me is Over 100 and altogether about twice that.
Congrats on the shiny Ponyta! But you've obtained over 100 by yourself!? :cer_disbelief: *in awe of Kirozane's extraordinary skills*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druddigon View Post
I love shinies, but don't have to much..
I have 2 shiny Hoothoots, 1 shiny Lugia and 1 shiny UT Dialga.
I would really appreciate it if I could join.
Sure, welcome to the club! You have 4 more shinies than the vast majority of people! What are you hunting now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
My hunts
Litwick: 2,160
Gligar: 36 (done)
Gastly: 92
Do you have a list of all of your different hunts? You've got to be approaching a record by now, if you haven't already passed it. The best of luck to you, especially for Litwick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
I have a moral question to you shiny hunters: Is it right to go through any means neccessary to obtain shinies? (excluding trading and cheating) Personally, I believe what makes shinies special is finding one completely randomly. Not through chaining or breeding. But that's just me. What are your opinions?
This is a pretty controversial topic, so I'll spoiler my response:

Spoiler:
The fun in finding a shiny, at least for me, is all about finally achieving an incredibly difficult goal; it's about reaching that elusive point for which you've searched so long. If I could get a shiny once a day, I wouldn't do it. Changing the odds to make it easier takes out the fun for me.

A large part of shiny hunting is also the nostalgia and sense of community - I remember reading this thread over 5 years ago and being amazed at the dedication people had to go out on this crazy quest of almost certain failure. I'm going to sound really old here, but when people hunted "back in the day," we didn't have any chaining or Masuda Method! I remember spending months and months looking for a shiny on Mt. Pyre, and after 5 days of spending 12+ hours per day, I finally got my shiny Shuppet! It was my first hunted shiny and I was ecstatic - a large part of that was the hard work and dedication I put in, and I was really proud of myself for sticking with it until I finally got a shiny. It was incredibly rewarding, and the only way I can feel the same way is if I know that I got a shiny in the "original" way, which for me was 1/8192.

That being said, I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with people getting shinies through other methods (chaining, MMing, trading, etc.), and those are all perfectly legitimate. I just love the thrill of looking for rare Pokemon in the way that I did it orignally, and that's what makes me happiest. If other people love chaining and are genuinely satisfied when they make it all the way up to a shiny patch and a 40+ chain, awesome!!! It's all about what makes you happy. Chaining isn't fulfilling for me since I'm used to getting shinies "the hard way" (although chaining takes more concentration and is actually much harder, "lol"), but if you enjoy chaining, DO IT!!! It's all about having fun, and whatever lets you be happiest when you finally get that shiny is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerith View Post
*awesome list of shinies*
I love your list!! There are so many awesome shinies on there that I like, especially Chansey, Ditto, Bulbasaur, Ho-oh, Chikorita (grr!), Seel... Heck, I like all of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinjay1229 View Post
I have exactly 200 shinies
:cer_disbelief:

I don't have an intelligent response to your statement. *simply bows*

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 6/18

Last edited by G-Money; September 21st, 2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Saerith
Fear My Glitter!

Flareon is my favourite aiming for an umbreon next lol
If you want a chikorita i can get you one lol

Angel Island
Old September 21st, 2011, 05:04 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Quote:
Do you have a list of all of your different hunts? You've got to be approaching a record by now, if you haven't already passed it. The best of luck to you, especially for Litwick!!
Yes, I have a list on my computer that I use to keep track of all of my hunts. So far I've hatched 3,601 eggs on 27 different hunts. I don't know if that's a record or not. It might be with the gen 5 odds, but if you include gen 4, I doubt it. The Litwick hunt is currently at 2,175 eggs. The Gastly hunt ended at 110, so I now have every member of my competitive team hatched. I'll probably start EV training next month. My other active hunt, Skarmory, is at 66 eggs. Thanks for wishing me luck!

I think chaining and breeding are perfectly fine ways of obtaining shinies. Hacking to get a shiny is the only method I don't agree with. I've never hatched a shiny (not including gen 2's 1/64 odds) or got one from chaining, and yet I've caught 6 shinies from random encounters, and failed to catch a 7th one.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:39 AM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

No, I don't think there is anything wrong with using any technique of legitimate shiny hunting. It is all about having fun. However you go about having your fun well that is your decision.

On another note I haven't made it very far with either of my hunts since last update, but I got this burning feeling that soon I will be the proud owner of either a shiny Gulpin or Unown. Best luck to all of us on our respective shiny hunts

Gulpin: 354 Eggs
Unown: 263 RE's

Old September 22nd, 2011, 05:28 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Sorry guys schools started so havent been posting or huning for a LOOOONG!!! time lol :D
I actually agree with G-money cuz MMing AND chaining is kinda simple and boring . (I know i use to chain ! ( all pre evo shinys chained ) )
Well i've only just a couple of months ago started REing shinies and it actually makes me happier than my chain at 90 (on pearl) :D

Oh and the other week my friend got an Action Replay i said let me play abit. When i encountered a shiny caterpie on his HG i was utterly gob smacked. İt gave me no pleasure at all. İnfact it made me angry so i snapped the AR in two. Now hes still angry at me but i think i have done a good deed
Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
assassinjay1229
Im baaaack

My last post was NOT SPAM I just forgot to put that i'm hunting for a shiny Patrat, ya know if the mods here took the time to contact users about unusually bad posts then it would be a far better place

Anyways yea i'm goin for a Patrat next idk if im RE or hatching for it or both lol, any suggestions?

Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

I'm thinking about just running around in a route soon for a few days and see if a shiny pops up. I really don't know what to hunt and I have a feeling if I tried to RE something specific it would not end up being that. And I want it to be a unova pokemon.... Any suggestions on a route to skip along?
Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:43 AM
assassinjay1229
Im baaaack

Quote:
I'm thinking about just running around in a route soon for a few days and see if a shiny pops up. I really don't know what to hunt and I have a feeling if I tried to RE something specific it would not end up being that. And I want it to be a unova pokemon.... Any suggestions on a route to skip along?
How about in Pinwheel Forestt there's quite a few pokes in there
Hope you find something

Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
legendarypokemon
He has multiple Personalities

UPDATE: Currently hunting, Purrloin
Next Up: Blitzle
Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinjay1229 View Post
My last post was NOT SPAM I just forgot to put that i'm hunting for a shiny Patrat, ya know if the mods here took the time to contact users about unusually bad posts then it would be a far better place

Anyways yea i'm goin for a Patrat next idk if im RE or hatching for it or both lol, any suggestions?
It was SPAM. There are loads of posts deleted every day, the staff don't have time to contact every single member who SPAMs.

Anyway, I haven't done any hunting in a while. I'm going to try and learn to chain shinies once I beat Platinum and go for a Starly.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
assassinjay1229
Im baaaack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
It was SPAM. There are loads of posts deleted every day, the staff don't have time to contact every single member who SPAMs.

Anyway, I haven't done any hunting in a while. I'm going to try and learn to chain shinies once I beat Platinum and go for a Starly.
I didn't say every SPAM post I said "unusually bad post" ie that person never SPAMS

Anyways no luck with Patrat yet i've hatched quite a few eggs lol

Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:22 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Okay so I was looking through my ROMs folder today, and found Pokemon Lilac.
When looking through my party I noticed something I had completely forgotten about.
...A shiny Wooper.
And it wasn't through an event in the hack or anything before anyone asks, it was a completely random Wooper. I want to trade this into my Platinum, and then maybe White.
The only problem is that I don't have any way of sending it from my ROM to my actual game.
So I was just wondering, if anyone has a flash cart, would they mind helping me out? I'd really appreciate it.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:42 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

I've resumed shiny hunting again, apparently for the first time since July 23rd!!! (from Pearl's Journal) I had no idea that I had taken so long to make a competitive team, "lol." And it's not even done! But whatever, I missed shiny hunting and I'm back at SRing for Palkia. 5124 SRs done so far (I had left off at 4906).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerith View Post
If you want a chikorita i can get you one lol
Haha, that's alright. Thanks for the offer, but the only shinies that are valuable to me are the ones I get myself. The journey is half the fun, or something like that.

I will avenge the Chiko I SRed over!! And I'll get a shiny Cyndaquil and Totodile while I'm at it, just you watch! *shakes fist at shiny gods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
Yes, I have a list on my computer that I use to keep track of all of my hunts. So far I've hatched 3,601 eggs on 27 different hunts...
:cer_disbelief:

Quote:
The area in front of Victory Road has some really cool Pokemon, particularly Heatmor and Fraxure. Heatmor's shiny form just looks awesome!

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! May we receive a shiny soon! *hopes next post is a shiny sighting*

EDIT: My 100th post!! Whoo!!!!! :cer_boogie:

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 6/18
Old September 25th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Quote:
*hopes next post is a shiny sighting*
Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no shiny sighting here.

This week's random shiny hunt is... Karrablast!

This week I am focusing on filling out my Pokédex, so I won't be spending much time MMing.

My Hunts
Litwick: 2,240
Skarmory: 149 (done; was breeding for good IVs)
Burmy: 5 (done; for Pokédex)
Durant: 4 (done; was breeding for good IVs)
Old September 26th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Saerith
Fear My Glitter!

ah i know what you mean g-money, good luck in your hunt.

I did randomly encounter a shiny drowzee while running up and down to hatch eggs lol.

Angel Island
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:04 AM
assassinjay1229
Im baaaack

Well, my Patrat hunt is over a friend traded one to me (im sooooooo lazy sometimes) I have no idea what is next for me though

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here