• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC? What's the point?

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Well I've realised that I don't really care much about the forum itself xD The only sections I hang out in are OT, RP, and OVP <.< I don't particularly care for any other section :/ So why do I come on PC if it's only to spam in pointless threads? I come for the people :P I love the members of PC and the IRC can be entertaining at times. So I got to thinking of a new OVP thread... why do you come on PC? Is it for the people, the forum itself, the IRC, or some misc. other?

Melody

Banned
Years
Because I can.

Surely, the people, the atmosphere and all else has some factor in that as well. I wouldn't deny that...but my main reason for coming to PC is to relax and enjoy myself. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Because if I don't show up here, there would be chaos in the pit I like to call GPGD. I am the circus leader and GPGD is my three five rings. Hyeee!!

Years
Well when I first joined the forums it was for all of the Pokemon related forums. Then after the initial excitement of all of that dwindled away and I'd met quite a few members I started to mainly come online to talk to people i know, mostly through VM's and such. But now I've found one or two forums here that I really enjoy reading and posting in so right now I suppose I'm tied between the users and the forums.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
it's a wonderful temporary cure for boredom. unfortunately it leaves you even more bored than when you were before after you've posted in everything you're interested in.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I have plenty of friends on here that I talk to, and I like having places to go discuss stuff, whether they be video games, computers, or my opinion on general things. It's fun to do that stuff. ^__^

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I like talking to people! And I'm too shy to do it regularly irl. You could say that I'm a really, really social person trapped in the body of a really, really shy person. But I'm not as weird and shy online so I come here to talk to lots of people.

At least that's why I joined, other than the surface level reason of "I had B/W and no one to talk about it with".

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I come here mainly to post in OVP and post in the Daily Chit Chat, but I generally hang out in Off-topic Discussions. It's been a while since I've gone near anything to do with Pokémon on this site, I feel satisfied enough with OVP alone. I really should post in the Pokémon sections sometime. I like to talk to people, but the majority of people I want to talk to, I can reach on MSN or IRC anyway.
PC is just a place to chill, really.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I like to hear what others have to say about stuff and I like to share my thoughts too. I like to help out artists in the respected section.. and it's a chill way to pass the time. I enjoy talking to some friends I have on here, and also enjoy talking to some new faces too <3

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I still hang around after all these years and even after I stopped caring about Pokemon for I guess a couple of reasons. One is that PC is just one more place I can post my art; however little reception it gets there's no reason not to really. The other is that it's just a nice place to post thoughts and feelings in the form of replies to OVP threads. One more reason could just be that it's a nice community and I've been here on and off for so long that really there isn't a reason to totally leave probably ever.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Eh, there are times when I don't feel like being on PC at all, though that's usually when I tend to take DLoA's, so it isn't all too often at all. If anything, I like the people here even if I can contact them on other places, and I like posting around randomly. It helps me relax a bit after work, as well, and I can't think of much else to do with my time at 1am. xD; So I check PC, and eventually head to bed.

Pokemon isn't something that I'm constantly into, but I manage to post in other places, and that holds my interest for awhile.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
At least that's why I joined, other than the surface level reason of "I had B/W and no one to talk about it with".
I wish that was my join reason :(

Either way I come here to stalk random conversations, create threads aka be creative to practice skills to be a journalist in a really weird way, to help people in whatever way I can and to have a place to share my thoughts when nobody else is around! Help primarily is the reason though. As for most of the members I talk to, I can contact them in other ways if it weren't for PC.

Only once recently did I consider staying away from here though for a while since in my mind none of the above really mattered at the time.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Basically, because I just can't seem to get away from it. :D I always tell new members this place is addicting, and I'm not really stretching the truth at all...

What draws me in still is the conversations. Whenever I'm at home chilling (procrastinating studying, typically) or, phone in hand, waiting for a friend, I'll usually pop on PC and read some OVP threads, check out the new threads in NU/W, or read about staff matters in the staff boards. I can honestly talk to the good friends I've made here via other, more direct media, so this place is more of a time-killer with amazing content. Not to mention you all are great when I want to get feedback. :] I love getting all your different opinions when I have a problem or want to share something. Just a great outlet, really.

I also continue to return because I would like to have a hand in maintaining it and making it better. Kinda why I enjoy being staff~

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I came to PC because it seemed like a nice forum. At first I wasnt around very much but then alot of friends from other forums joined, some of which I only talk to here, so now Im around alot, talking to them and posting in threads that are interesting to me. This really is a nice place, and I hope to stick around for a long time and make new friends. Also I join forums because it allows me to be social and work on social skills. Im shy in real life and its very hard for me to connect with people, but its much easier online, so its helped me in the long run.

Years
Variety of reasons. I enjoy posting in OVP and reading other people's opinions on stuff. The people here are pretty nice and I like getting to know people. I also mod here, and I enjoy cleaning up OVP. At this point, though, I've just been here so long that leaving just seems like an odd idea. o___O

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I come here to talk to my best friends here and to see what's going on. Most of the time, I'm just here for a few minutes and I log off, but occasionally I'll lurk for an hour.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
"What's the point?" I've asked myself that the entire close-to-five years I've been here.

lol no jk dis place rox. I only ever post in OC and OVP cuz that's usually where the interesting topics are. Basically it is a cure for boredom and lets you talk about stuff and share your opinion, whether or not somebody reads it.

Although I'm sure to other people PC has great value. True Pokemon fans will spend all their time in the trade corner or battle place and endlessly exchange their friend codes to make new friends!! :3 Oh and not to mention the ROM Hacking scene at PC, that's huge.

Raizhu

the end
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
I come here to discuss Pokeymanz and pretty much anything else, though I joined for a different reason originally.

Back