• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years

Have you logged in on the left side of the Pokemon global link page? Since it doesn't have a remember me box and isn't connected to the main page you need to literally login to that every time, so really you need to login to two pages within the same site. :(

If that's not the issue and you have logged in on the left side, take a screenshot of the Dream World page and we'll see if we can help more from there.

I have logged on the left hand side.
Icant take pics sorry. I log in and then its like it refreshes the page and nothing happens.
it is the right log in details as well

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
who should i use for wifi banetee or froslass
That depends on your team, etc, (and the Pokemon may be used in different ways too) and wifi advice may be better suited for the competitive battling section... I believe though in general Froslass is regarded as better but again it depends on the rest of your team/how you want to use them.
is there a list anywhere of all 649 Pokemon and which show they'll do best at in the Musical? I have been searching my A** off and haven't found anything :(
I don't think the musicals are dependent on the choice of Pokemon - there's no 'cool Pokemon category' and so forth to my knowledge. Which may explain why you haven't found such a list. There is a list about the items you can make them wear though (scroll down) and what sort of musical they should be used for.
What's with the man in outdoors in Sazanami ("Undella"?) Town who makes a Pokemon sound when you talk to him?
I don't recall him but he might be just a random NPC with no real purpose besides to entertain. Or confuse. =p

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
If no one knows, my theory then is he'll have a purpose in a promotion to be revealed later. Either that or he does super Pokemon voice impressions. (not sure which Pokemon sound he's making, though)

New question: when breeding, at what time is the gender of your egg Pokemon determined? When you drop your parent Pokemon at the daycare? When you're given the egg? Or is it only determined right when the egg hatches?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If no one knows, my theory then is he'll have a purpose in a promotion to be revealed later. Either that or he does super Pokemon voice impressions. (not sure which Pokemon sound he's making, though)

New question: when breeding, at what time is the gender of your egg Pokemon determined? When you drop your parent Pokemon at the daycare? When you're given the egg? Or is it only determined right when the egg hatches?

The gender of the Pokemon is determined when you take the egg as well as its nature, ability and IVs.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
So it's determined only when I actually accept the egg from the man, not when he calls me over?

Another question: I'm trying to understand the "Pickup" ability. Bulbapedia seems to describe it fairly well, but I don't know that I understand this quote: "It can be retrieved through the normal means of taking a held item." Does that mean I have to have a move like "Snatch" that takes a held item, or do I just simply have to win the battle to get a random item?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So it's determined only when I actually accept the egg from the man, not when he calls me over?

Another question: I'm trying to understand the "Pickup" ability. Bulbapedia seems to describe it fairly well, but I don't know that I understand this quote: "It can be retrieved through the normal means of taking a held item." Does that mean I have to have a move like "Snatch" that takes a held item, or do I just simply have to win the battle to get a random item?

When the battle ends, you just take it off of them by selecting them and choosing to take it off as if you had given them the item to begin with. No special moves required.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's 20:42 and my Eevee is still trying to evolve into Espeon. Either I have my Umbre/Espe times wrong, or this is a problem with my clock. The most I've done to my clock is fix it because it was an hour off from my actual time. So I can't imagine any other problem it could be, unless Umbreon is obtainable at 9 PM/21:00 and later.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's 20:42 and my Eevee is still trying to evolve into Espeon. Either I have my Umbre/Espe times wrong, or this is a problem with my clock. The most I've done to my clock is fix it because it was an hour off from my actual time. So I can't imagine any other problem it could be, unless Umbreon is obtainable at 9 PM/21:00 and later.

It's summer rn in B/W, right? Day lasts an hour longer in summer, so it's probably just not night yet in your game.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

If it's summer in your game, night begins at 9PM.

Season Morning Day Evening Night
Spring 05:00-09:59 10:00-16:59 17:00-19:59 20:00-04:59
Summer 04:00-08:59 09:00-18:59 19:00-20:59 21:00-03:59
Autumn 05:00-09:59 10:00-16:59 17:00-19:59 20:00-04:59
Winter 07:00-10:59 11:00-15:59 16:00-18:59 19:00-06:59

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I'm trying to breed a male Zoroark with a Metamon ("Ditto") and I want a female. After about six tries, I keep getting male (I saved before getting the egg so I know I haven't saved after the stats have been predetermined). I want a female. I know Zorua tends to be female only about 15% of the time for my memory (according to Bulbapedia). What I just thought of now though was, since I'm not breeding with a female Zoroark, do I still even have a chance of getting a female at all? Although, looking at Bulbapedia, breeding a male Nidoran with a Metamon will still offer a chance at a female Nidoran, so does that mean I still have a shot at a female Zorua?

vaporeon7

Years
I'm trying to breed a male Zoroark with a Metamon ("Ditto") and I want a female. After about six tries, I keep getting male (I saved before getting the egg so I know I haven't saved after the stats have been predetermined). I want a female. I know Zorua tends to be female only about 15% of the time for my memory (according to Bulbapedia). What I just thought of now though was, since I'm not breeding with a female Zoroark, do I still even have a chance of getting a female at all? Although, looking at Bulbapedia, breeding a male Nidoran with a Metamon will still offer a chance at a female Nidoran, so does that mean I still have a shot at a female Zorua?

Breeding a male Zoroark and Ditto will have a 12.5% chance of producing a female Zorua egg. Just keep trying.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Were can I get a ditto in the unova region.

At the back of the giant chasm. They'll be around level 50, so fly to Lacunosa Town, then head right and walk through the opening to find the cave. When you get to the middle of the cave you'll see an opening to the back of the cave which is where you can find Ditto. :)

R3b1rth

Meh
Years
Why can't I....

Why can't i trade event pokemon like i tried giving my buddy my event victini so he could fill his dex and it said i couldn't trade it so i tried giving him my toys r us zoroark and it said the same thing then we tried my shaymin from platinum and its still wouldn't work... any thoughts why?

vaporeon7

Years
Why can't i trade event pokemon like i tried giving my buddy my event victini so he could fill his dex and it said i couldn't trade it so i tried giving him my toys r us zoroark and it said the same thing then we tried my shaymin from platinum and its still wouldn't work... any thoughts why?

None of these events can be shared. The only event that has ever been able to be shared is the Secret Key in Platinum, and only in Japan.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
Say I wanted to borrow someone's Event Celebi for a few minutes so that I could get Zorua, Would my game allow me to trade over a Celebi that early in the game? I want to do it as soon as I can get to that City.

R3b1rth

Meh
Years
why can't i calculate?

so I'm trying to calculate my salamances iv and the calculator says that the stats are invalid. so here is my salamances story it started out in emerald then transferred to my diamond then traded to my heart gold at lv 51 then transferred to white where it contracted pkrs. it is not a shiny! it has a lonely nature it is now lv 100 its hp is at 322 attack 356 defence 167 sp.atk 257 sp. def 214 speed 242 like i have never hacked a game before so i am thinking the pkrs is making it impossible to calculate the stats. Can someone please confirm my suspicions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back