The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:42 PM
pixiefroggy
Awesome Ace Trainer:P

Nature: Calm
I like the ghostbuster mini-game idea! Ghostbusters x Pokemon= Caves.... Hmmm... I don't like caves... I can't see very well and I feel trapped. So, I choose the lighter colored one!
Old August 2nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty
loooove the mini game screens and idea! ( : can not wait for the beta although its far away. everything lools unique and beautiful.

Old August 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

idk if i shouldnt be double posting or if i shouldve just edited my old post but ima just wing it ( :
this might be a little early to ask but will there be any legendary pkmn? if so, do you know which ones?

Old August 10th, 2011, 05:24 AM
TheDemetrious1
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
idk if i shouldnt be double posting or if i shouldve just edited my old post but ima just wing it ( :
this might be a little early to ask but will there be any legendary pkmn? if so, do you know which ones?
Should just edit your post so the admins dont bug you and since your not the OP then your not invincible to double posting.
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
Yup, there will be an Mystery Gift Event to obtain an item that will allow you to catch Entei in the first beta. Since the beta only covers the first arc of the story, so far he is the only one. Beta 2 is more story oriented so that's when more legendaries will be available.

Announcement
I've made huge progress on the hack with-in the last week. In fact Beta 1 is done! Right now I'm polishing it up. Beta Testers will get their copy of the hack in their PM boxes by next Friday. The beta will be out at midnight on September 5th.

The beta ends after meeting "a special person" at the top of Ouija Temple.
You will not be able to head north of Beacon City until Beta 2. There are 4 RTC Events planned. The Eggcellent Togepi starts September 5th and lasts until October 1st.

Also I stated that there would be 2 more updates preceeding the Beta release. I've already written up both updates [36 screenshots in all] but I'm thinking about cancelling them to build anticipation. However I'd like to know what you all think? Let me know if you want an update or if you want to wait until the beta to find out about these two new features.

I will probably take a few weeks off before starting work on Beta 2 but I'll still be lurking around the forums.

Last edited by Quilava's Master; August 20th, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old August 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Barbie Jean

I think there should be at least one update prier to the release

Old August 20th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

i agree with K2. deff. another update. 36 screenies is a lot, you should use them so they dont go to waste ( :

Old September 6th, 2011, 04:31 PM
AshtonTS
Umbreon

Nature: Rash
Hey bro, what happened to the Sept. 5 release date?

Old October 4th, 2011, 02:27 PM
crazyEevee
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
The ZIP file ISN'T the ROM, it holds the ips patch, which you need to patch onto a clean FireRed ROM. Unzip it using WinRAR, and then follow these instructions: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966

I did that and it didnt work with vba. I used lunar ips to patch everything up and it still doesn't work.
Old October 4th, 2011, 03:59 PM
AshtonTS
Umbreon

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyEevee View Post
I did that and it didnt work with vba. I used lunar ips to patch everything up and it still doesn't work.
Try downloading your ROM from a different site. If you want to know a good site PM me.

Old October 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Did i miss something? Lol. Is the beta out?

Old October 5th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Blazing Flare
Burning brightly

Nature: Mild
Interesting hack, I haven't played yet but the screenies and trainer designs caught my eye, especially the female.
Also found interesting that the starters were picked from different
gens and they are all pure types (a big rarity nowadays)
so in the end the hack manages to interestingly mix novelty and
old school features, which is nice.
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:11 PM
GengarFreak
Beginning Trainer

I just started the game seems interesting! although in the first town when you enter the grassy area i spoke to the guy and he just repeated the words qaf quaf or something and it froze -.-!
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Ssj3 Pikachu
Super Saiyan Electric Mouse

Looks good to me :D i will want to try this. i like the name of the reigion :D
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:09 AM
GengarFreak
Beginning Trainer

Ive evntered Emerald town and the pokecenter is still glitched "can't leave" and every house is locked what do i do?
where do i go know!?
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Ashdejan
TheForbiddenBeast

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashdejan Send a message via Skype™ to Ashdejan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GengarFreak View Post
Ive evntered Emerald town and the pokecenter is still glitched "can't leave" and every house is locked what do i do?
where do i go know!?
I wanna know the same , is it just a bugged town or is it where the Alpha ends ?

Old October 12th, 2011, 12:48 AM
GengarFreak
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdejan View Post
I wanna know the same , is it just a bugged town or is it where the Alpha ends ?
Yeah man must be the end of the alpha!
Old October 30th, 2011, 05:52 AM
bobvs
Music Composer/Hacker

Ok... im stuck in the City with the G/S/HG/SS park. Wen the next version will came out?
Old November 9th, 2011, 08:37 PM
payne26

keep us updated the story sounds awesome
Old November 10th, 2011, 03:37 AM
>Dante<
Call me Steven

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >Dante<
A very good work man! I really like your hacking style. I like that you connect the basic style of fire red, with the new things from DPP.
Expecialy the world map...it's very nice

Old November 16th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Flare View Post
Interesting hack, I haven't played yet but the screenies and trainer designs caught my eye, especially the female.
Also found interesting that the starters were picked from different
gens and they are all pure types (a big rarity nowadays)
so in the end the hack manages to interestingly mix novelty and
old school features, which is nice.
Thanks, hopefully by this time next week, you'd have had a chance to experience it first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GengarFreak View Post
I just started the game seems interesting! although in the first town when you enter the grassy area i spoke to the guy and he just repeated the words qaf quaf or something and it froze -.-!
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssj3 Pikachu View Post
Looks good to me :D i will want to try this. i like the name of the reigion :D
Thank you. I really like the region name too. Hopefully you'll try it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvs View Post
Ok... im stuck in the City with the G/S/HG/SS park. Wen the next version will came out?
Read on down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by payne26 View Post
keep us updated the story sounds awesome
Your wish is my command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Dante< View Post
A very good work man! I really like your hacking style. I like that you connect the basic style of fire red, with the new things from DPP.
Expecialy the world map...it's very nice
Thank you! I'm a fan of your style as well!

Update:
I don't even know where to begin. Sorry for not releasing the Beta as promised. In reality I all but forgot about this when college started back up. But I have good news for those who liked this: Shattered Dreams is back in full effect. Unlike my previous hacks, I didn't delete this when I stopped working on it. This means I have all the work done and all I have to do is one last bug test before putting out the beta.
I know you're wondering, when will that be? And "How can we believe you'll put it out this time?". The answer is simple: It'll be out in a couple days. Definitely before the 22nd [as that is when the first Mystery Gift is intended to start]. But just to make sure people know I'm really still working on this, I've included screenshots! But first some notes:
  • The "Who You Gonna Call" mini-game has been omitted from the Beta. Hopefully it'll be in the next release.
  • This beta is more of an "Open-Beta". I am currently going through the hack now but I'm sure I'll miss things. I want everyone who plays to post bugs and issue, no matter how minor.
  • The beta will end on the 3rd floor of Ouija Temple. You will not meet the "Special Person" in this hack. Sorry.
  • Every house in Ouija Town is locked. They're simply not done.
  • There will be 3 Mystery Gifts in this beta. What are they? You'll see soon.
  • All the battlegrounds have been modified. Mainly recolored.
Now on to the screenshots. Credit to Pokepal17 and Manipulation for the Bank concept, as well as Kyledove and WesleyFG for, among other things, the Bank & ATM tiles.

Conclusion:
Sorry for the delay, but better later than never! Leave some feedback please. I'd like to know what people would like to see in future releases and opinion on some of the ideas. If you have any Mystery Gift ideas, let me know; they'll probably make it into the next release. All in all: Expect a beta in a couple days.

Last edited by Quilava's Master; November 16th, 2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Oh yes, you're back! Great to see this back up and running, and hope you can try to put in as much commitment to your hack as you can. This will be a nice Thanksgiving present for myself!

Everything in those screenshots look fantastic, and I'm liking what and how these Mystery Gifts are...anyway, I'm eager to play this again!
Old November 17th, 2011, 04:20 PM
itari
すきま妖怪

Nature: Lax
Oh, this update looks wonderful!

I especially like the whole mining concept. Really great!

I program tools for ROM hacking! Check 'em out~

Advanced Song (WIP)
Type Effectiveness Editor (Version 2.0) -- New Release!
Tilemap Creator (Version 3.4)
Gen. I Minisprite Editor (Version 0.9)

Old November 18th, 2011, 08:45 AM
IRON NIDOW
Beginning Trainer

the region are based on Brasil?

Old November 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
Oh yes, you're back! Great to see this back up and running, and hope you can try to put in as much commitment to your hack as you can. This will be a nice Thanksgiving present for myself!

Everything in those screenshots look fantastic, and I'm liking what and how these Mystery Gifts are...anyway, I'm eager to play this again!
You won't have to wait long. The new release will either be here late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgeo View Post
Oh, this update looks wonderful!

I especially like the whole mining concept. Really great!
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON NIDOW View Post
Hey this map are the country Brasil! XD

the region are based on Brasil?
Funny that nobody pointed this out yet. Yes, the region map is based on a flip map of Brazil, but I've never been to Brazil [nor am I Brazillian] so the region isn't like Brazil in anyway other than the shape.

News:
New release will be here tonight or tomorrow morning.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links