The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Come here to discuss the roleplay you are participating in, with your fellow players.

Old October 5th, 2011, 04:12 PM
eveelution
RolePlay Minion

Nature: Mild
'K, great! I would post it now, but I have to get home first.

Edit:

Name: Nicholas Owen Lorren
Nickname: Nick
Town of Birth: Celedon City

Appearance: Nicholas is easily described as pallid. His eyes are a washed out brown, and his skin is a sickly gray. Nicholas’ lips are no exception in their paleness. They are also thin, like his body. His body is truly wimpy, with little muscles on his long thin arms or legs. Another contradiction is between his thin sharp limbs and his round eyes and button nose. In contradiction to his pallid color Nicholas has bright yellow hair that has never been bleached by the sun. His cheek bones are also strong, providing a potential to be handsome if Nicholas spent more time in the sun to regain some color.

A sheltered boy, Nicholas wears more “preppy” clothes. A nice collared shirt is preferred, usually striped and with long sleeves. Club shorts and pants are always popular, though Nicholas may wear jeans if it is not a school day. Whenever possible, Nicholas will also wear one of three identical knock-off cashmere sweaters; a striped sweater with alternating shades of light brown, as pallid as his eyes. As soon as Nicholas got the letter he bought an old-time news boy hat that he refuses to take off.

Personality: Childish, immature, introverted and shy are words used to describe Nicholas. He can also be described as imaginative, silly, trusting, and whimsical. Coupled with his innate quietness, Nicholas’ lack of social interaction has led him to be quiet and introverted. He has also been spoiled and babied, and hasn’t experienced many hardships. He subconsciously expects things to come as easily as the ‘A’s he gets in his classes. When facing failure and hardships, Nicholas is easily daunted and quick to whine. He believes otherwise though, convinced that he is one of the brave and noble heroes in his books. He has so ingrained books into his world that the two often merge in his mind. He always comes back to earth and accepts reality, though fantasy makes his world much more fun.

Nicholas has replaced his social interaction with story and fantasy, allowing his already ample imagination to take over. Though he is physically and mentally fifteen, Nicholas has not emotionally matured past eleven or twelve, leading to a naiveté and innocence. Naturally shy around others, puberty has made him almost impossibly shy around girls. His undoubtedly wimpy physique doesn’t help.

History: Nicholas has never had siblings, and his parents have always smothered him whenever they were home. They weren’t home very often, though. Nicholas’ father worked in the stock market and owned a small deodorant company, while Nicholas’ mother worked as a secretary for a high-ranking government official. Nicholas was born introverted and so wasn’t bothered. He satisfied his need for companionship with books as soon as he could read. By the time he was in second grade he could read middle school books and he was always the top of his class, undoubtedly. That was all he ever was. He has never been popular or good in sports. In reality he isn’t even the smartest. He is just good at studying.

Upon reaching middle school Nicholas started thinking about his future. One fad has followed another and so far Nicholas has decided to be an astronaut, an artist, a physicist, a doctor, a food critic, various sports stars, and assorted other careers. Now in high school, Nicholas still hasn’t decided what he wants to be, though his father is pushing him to take up the family business. When Nicholas got the letter from Bastion, he immediately left his parents a note telling them that he had got a scholarship to become a Pokémon trainer and that they could call him on his cell phone. That phone and his non-school clothes is all he took with him beside his Kanto Union credit card. A greyhound took him to Vermillion City’s “Diglett Cave,” where Nicholas joined a group of trainers traveling to Route 2. After that it was easy to walk to Route 1.

Extra Information: Nicholas is seriously spooked by clefairys after he read a book about them.

Role-play Samples:
The Argent Tournement - about a year ago.

“Mother, but he never listens to me.”

“Oswald Urs-Huppert Cecil, if you ever want Fenster to listen to you, then you need to befriend him. And that means interacting with him.” Ossy, or rather, Oswald sighed, obediently saying “Yes mother.” His mom smiled, saying “Lighten up. You’ll get to learn so much from your team mates in the tournament.” Ossy grudgingly smiled at the idea of winning the Argent Tournament; before his mother leaned down to give him a kiss on the forehead. With that, Ossy got out of the taxi, releasing his Pokémon at his mother’s beckoning. With a few flashes of light, a blue plate floated above Ossy’s shoulder, while an artificial computer virus chased after an analytical robot. What fun.

Ossy now faced the pulsing crowd trying to enter the Millennium Stadium. “Not even a resemblance of a crowd,” Ossy said, slightly intimidated. Platte tilted its body in a semblance of a nod, while Donner tried to hide from Fenster behind Ossy. The mischievous porygon was upside down in mid air, a recorded laugh playing over and over again. “Master Sir, please restrain the harassment,” Donner’s recorded voice played, a prototype system the factory had added to Ossy’s magnemite. That whole time, a certain bronzor was using its psychic abilities to subconsciously manipulate the crowd out of its trainer’s path. That proved entirely unnecessary as a trainer pushed through the crowd with the help of a large nosepass. Ossy took the help, following in the wake of the clever trainer, a bit freaked out though when another person slightly bent a pole with an angered punch. “Was that even possible?!” Ossy wondered in incredulity.

Either way, Ossy was soon inside and assaulted by a lady with a clip board; “Hello, sir. Pant. Very nice Pokémon. Pant. Aren’t porygon rather rare? Pant. Anyway, what’s your name, sir? Pant. Oswald Urs-Huppert Cecil, huh? Pant. Yes here you are. I’ll lead you to meet your team. Pant. GET YOUR PORYGON OUT OF MY HAIR!” Ossy blinked unsure what to do, before quickly returning Fenster. The lady then walked off, saying “You’re in room B2! It’s right down the hall.”

Fenster popped out of its pokeball, again laughing its head off. Ossy himself had to admit that it was hilarious, but all he said was “At least try to behave Fenster.” Donner and Platte each nodded their head/body in agreement, before Donner used it’s magnet to open a door in front of Ossy. “Waiting room lobby B2 Sir.” Walking in, Ossy self consciously adjusted his polo shirt, saying “Hello everyone, I’m Oswald Urs-Huppert Cecil.” The boy was obviously nervous, but luckily Donner butted in, his automated voice announcing “As is customary in introductions, I am magnemite model AG-1452, though my trainer prefers to call me Donner, as he prefers to call himself Ossy.” The magnemite continued on to say “These are my trainer’s other Pokémon, Platte, and porygon model 374. My master refers to it as Fenster.” Here Platte floated in to, well, float, in front of Ossy. Porygon zoomed in, and as per his trainer’s commands tried not to misbehave; too much.

---

And here's something I've thrown together;

The turbaned treasure hunter stared across the desert. His trusty camel galloped across the sands, banishing mirages with the thunder of its hooves. The sun was truly merciless, beating down from the sky. The treasure hunter was distracted from the fake oasis to his left as the outline of an aincient pyramid appeared in the distance. "Hey kid." Nicholas sat up in the stifling bus, blinking sleep out of his eyes. "Kid, this is your stop, right?" Smiling shyly, Nicholas nodded and got up from his seat. He was sorry for the nice bus driver. The man had to drive through a heat wave with no A.C. It was terrible.

Nicholas started as he realized that The bus was already driving off. Adjusting his backpack Nicholas trudged up to the big map of the city. "Let's see, I'm here. Diglett Cave is..." Nicholas drooped as he saw the little marker he was looking for. "I'm gonna have to spring for a taxi." Agent One-Double-O stepped into the car that pulled up by the sidewalk. The agent provided the code words "Diglett Cave," and let the driver debrief him. "Funny you say that, boy, fo' I just took these two kids there two. They ware going one about their fourfth badge or somethin'." The agent processed the code, thinking "If I'm fast enough I can travel with them." Nicholas snapped out of his fantasy as the cab screeched to a halt. "Here ya are, kid." Nicholas hadthe driver swipe his credit card before jumping out.

The marathon runner sprinted down the track. He could see the competition in the distance. In their insolence they were walking. Blocking out the screaming crowds, the booming announcer, the fluttering finish line ribbon, the runner focused on his competitors. Nicholas called out to the other kids tentatively, stopping for a rest himself when the other two stopped walking. They were two ten year old brothers, wearing identical yellow T-shirts and shorts. Nicholas was immediately embarassed that they were five years younger and already on a pokemon journey. Taking the plunge, Nicholas posed the question, "Um, do you mind if I travel with you guys through the cave?"

Last edited by eveelution; October 6th, 2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:00 AM
AceOfChance
➝ Koala... an evil koala

Nature: Quiet
eveelution - Your SU has been accepted! I will add your assigned Pokémon to the post and then you are free to get started.

Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten.

GM to A Pokémon Journey: The Road to Victory

Old October 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Niriate
Rivalist

Nature: Calm
Oh wow.... What a curveball you throw me there. This is gonna be really annoying to write.

I suppose I can't request a new starter, can I?

Current Challenge: Trainer Personality Examination. Platinum

Starting with LeafGreen 'soon'TM

Wishing I could do Ice-Mono challenge in Platinum Lack of hacking skills FTL

Old October 6th, 2011, 12:35 PM
AceOfChance
➝ Koala... an evil koala

Niriate - Well, one of the main reasons I chose that starter for your character because I wanted to see how Alexandra would progress with him. How the situations would be, the relationship, and such. However, if you are uncomfortable with that or don't feel up to writing with Spinarak I shall change the starter. If you had someone else in mind?

Old October 6th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Nate_Dawg
Beginning Trainer

So I realized I have a question after doing some writing (might be using up the 3 post limit). Do we have a pokedex already? I ask this because Thomas doesn't know a whole lot about pokemon and I didn't see anything in your post that mentioned it. The chances of him figuring it out on the fly are pretty slim. Not to mention he has no clue what a Vulpix is or what it can do. I can write around that or just do some assuming, but I wanted to check with you before I made an ass out of u and me.
Old October 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
AceOfChance
➝ Koala... an evil koala

Nate_Dawg - Ah, thank you for bringing that to my attention. Quite honestly a PokéDex slipped my mind. I didn't even think about it. xD

I have never been much of a fan of using them in the RP world but, on that same note, they are extremely useful when role-playing.

Here is what we shall do: if you can find a way to write it without one for this post. Maybe try him struggling on figuring out what to do, and such. I will provide a PokéDex to the Trainers in Part 2. Does that sound good? If you don't think you might be able to achieve that then maybe I can find another option.

Old October 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
Yeah, I was wondering about the whole Pokédex thing too. I can write without it for this part at least. xD

Old October 6th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Nate_Dawg
Beginning Trainer

Can I write a post with a character that has no idea what he is doing? Please. I will have you know that Thomas's lack of pokemon knowledge is equalled only by my own. Time to make something go badly :D
Old October 7th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Niriate
Rivalist

I thought about Alexandra's Pokemon over night, and I'm going to stick with Spinarak. The only good alternative I could come up with was an Oddish, and it's movepool at level 5 is pathetic.

It will be a challenge to write though, but one that I'm very willing to do.

Just thought of a question regarding Gyms. Since this RP seems to be happening a little into the future, because Pallet is a seeming ghost town, is there going to be any effect on the Gym Leaders?

Or will they be of no matter in this RP?

Last edited by Niriate; October 7th, 2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
AceOfChance
➝ Koala... an evil koala

Niriate - Alright, that sounds good. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Also, the Gym battles won't be changed. You can still battle, defeat/lose, and receive a badge for it.

The only thing that will change will be maybe the leader is acting strange . . . or there is a weird feeling you get there. This will all be explained as we go deeper into the RP.

Old October 7th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Discordant Harmony
Dispensing Donuts

If you are still accepting new players, I would like to reserve a spot.
Old October 7th, 2011, 11:21 AM
AceOfChance
➝ Koala... an evil koala

Discordant Harmony - Of course! We just need one more. However, I must ask that you get your SU up preferably by today, or tomorrow. Is that alright?

Old October 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Discordant Harmony
Dispensing Donuts

As it so happens, I can get the first draft up right now. If there's anything that requires fixing, I will do my best to fix it.

I'm not used to coloring speech, but if it helps organize things, it's easy enough to start doing.

Spoiler:
Name: William Garret
Nickname: Digits
Place of Birth: Saffron City

Appearance:
William looks less like someone you would expect to be asked to help with anything, and more like the type of person who made you want to stay on the other side of the street. A ragged mop of filthy, curled black hair, probably infested with lice- maybe even fleas- sits above his gaunt face. A slightly pointed left ear makes him appear lopsided, when it isn’t hidden in said mop. The boy’s dark blue eyes have bags under them due to lack of sleep, and constantly dart about, watching everything with paranoid attention. Under the young man’s small, skinny nose, a crooked yellow smile displays Will’s poor dental hygiene. The canine tooth is missing from the upper left side, further contributing to his lopsided appearance. His face bears unshaved stubble.

Standing at 6’4’’, William Garret is little more than bone and muscle (muscle simply meaning lean, rather than a build like a weight lifter. The potential is there, but a lack of proper nutrition has stunted that potential strength). For clothing, William wears a pair of blue jeans, held up by an average looking belt, so worn and bleached from sun exposure that they look almost white. His thin frame is covered by a slightly ripped spring jacket, blue and white, under which he wears a grey sleeveless shirt. Clashing, pristine black and red runners cover his feet, newly ‘acquired’. To carry his few personal items, William has a light satchel he carries at his side.

Personality:
Being raised as he was, Will is independent and, in most cases, cold. A stone heart and underdeveloped conscience ensure no regrets get in the way of survival. The young man has a fiery temper on him, inherited from his mother’s side, but has learned to keep his emotions under control. By which I of course mean he bottles it all up to take out somewhere else later. From his father’s side, William learned that the best solution is to weasel your way out of your problems, rather than face them head on.

History:
By this point, it is probably obvious William’s past hasn’t been flowers and rainbows. He was born as the result of a one-night stand between a ruthless Silph Co. businesswoman, and a ‘procurer of wares’ she had had dealings with. At the age of three, William’s father came into the woman’s home and kidnapped his illegitimate son. From that point on, William was raised to be a thief. He was taught to take care of himself, how to pick locks, how to avoid detection, and how to case a location for burglary. During Will’s free time he was allowed to do whatever he wanted, be it drinking, gambling, or watching old movies on a busted up VHS player.

When Will was thirteen, some men came into the safehouse to collect on his father’s gambling debt. Unable to pay, Mr. Garret was shot to death. The men took Will with them, and forced him to work off his father’s debt by stealing things for them. For the past four years, that debt has remained stubbornly unpaid, and William has begun to get restless. During his most recent break-in, a small suburban home on the edge of the city, he found what he believed was the chance to finally get out of his servitude, a mysterious letter from a man named Bastion.

Extra Information:
Digits isn’t exactly the intended recipient of his letter.

Spoiler:
Role-Play Sample:
Standing before the kitchen window, Archie looked out while eating a granola bar. Parents were out at a concert out of town, which meant he had the house to himself. Not that there was much to do. The house was too small to throw a party, and the wind was so strong it would be hell to go anywhere. It had even knocked over one of the garden ornaments outside. As he watched out the window, though, the wind seemed to calm a bit. The swaying trees were no longer bending over, straining against the wind. He saw something on the lawn and squinted a bit, seeing that he had left his baseball bat lying on the lawn in plain view. "That's just asking for someone to steal it."

Opening the door, the young man stepped out into the night. The heavy wind had now calmed to a light breeze, and it felt kind of nice. Stepping out into the backyard, Archie picked up the bat and turned to return to the house, but stopped when he saw something dart behind a trash can. Holding his bat threateningly, he called out to it, "Hey, who's there?"

There was no answer but a meow, as a little black cat stepped out from behind the trash can. It was nothing but Archie's cat, Felix. He knew he was forgetting something outside... besides his bat. Returning the cat to the house, he sat on the step in front of the door, admiring the night sky. The city lights prevented seeing any real stars, unfortunately, but there was one bright one in the sky. And what ever it was was getting brighter. Standing up on the step, he moved to reenter the house, but was forced to hold a hand over his eyes from the bright light, as something crashed down in his yard. Opening them, he beheld... a little green fairy and an egg. What the hell?

The fairy quickly flew up to Archie, much to his surprise, and he ducked into the house. Before he could close the door though, the fairy got in and landed on the kitchen counter. It was holding up a piece of paper, waving it in the air. Slowly walking towards it, still carrying his baseball bat in one hand, he plucked the paper out of its hand with the other and unrolled it.

"I write these letters... in hopes that anyone can answer my plea. My world... it is dying. The sky has forgotten sunrise. The inhabitants are falling, falling to this strange song and slipping into the most bloodstained of madness. My world is tearing itself apart. If this goes on... both our worlds will die. I can not stop her any longer. By the time you read this I am certain she will have captured or killed me. The creature who carried this to you is a Pokemon. In that egg with it is also a Pokemon. Please, with these two, please fight to protect our worlds. Please... end my sister's life before the Gods raise her up to immortality.

Child of Wishes, Aiko"

"Holy... what is this, Final Fantasy?" Archie asked to himself, shocked when he received a reply.

"Nope, this is actually happening~" chirped the fairy, hopping off the counter and flying towards Archie. In honesty, Archie wasn't sure whether it had spoken to him, or thought to him. Ducking away from it, Archie reflexively held up the baseball bat to defend himself, only to find it yanked out of his hands by some unseen force, "No need for that, I'm not here to hurt you. Now, we should go get that egg before it gets cold..."

The fairy opened the door without even touching it, going out to retrieve the egg. Archie quickly locked the door behind it, reaching for the phone. Wait, who was he gonna call? Fairybusters? Instead, he grabbed the bug spray out of the cabinet, looking out the window. There was a click as, once again, the fairy opened the locked door without any contact and entered with the egg, his baseball bat floating in the air beside it. Archie held up the bug spray, "Look, fairy thing, I don't want anything to do with your little adventure. Back off, or I will spray you. No clue what this does to fairies but, it can't be healthy."

"I am not a fairy," and then Archie's only weapon was yanked out of his hands again, landing in the trashcan. The fairy set the egg on the floor, and floated over, slapping him in the face, "I'm a Pokemon. A Celebi. Didn't you read the note?"

"I said, I don't want any part of your magical Never Neverland adventure, okay?" Archie held up his hands in a defeated fashion, "But it seems I'm not being given a choice, am I?"

"Now you get it~!" the Celebi said in a singsong voice as it handed the bat back, before placing the little golden-brown egg in Archie's arms. He could already tell he had a long, fantastic day ahead of him. This suspicion became true as the clock in the living room chimed twelve.

Last edited by Discordant Harmony; October 8th, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old October 8th, 2011, 08:21 AM
AceOfChance
➝ Koala... an evil koala

Discordant Harmony - You are accepted. The only thing I have to say though is that William is indeed the intended one for the letter. Bastion chose them all for a reason - which will be made known as we go further into the RP. You are free, of course, to play him with moments of doubt on that subject and such. Anyway I will add your starter Pokémon to the IC post and you are free to get started!

Also, you don't need to color the speech of your posts. I am perfectly fine without it.

Old October 8th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Discordant Harmony
Dispensing Donuts

I had intended a bit of a twist where he stole the letter during one of his break-ins. If that's gonna mess anything up though, it's not set in stone for the character, and I'll just edit that part out.

Edit: An additional question. For the post limit, would we plan any teamwork or conversations in PM, then have one person post it, or would we edit posts back and forth to complete the alternate perspectives without flooding a ton of posts?

Last edited by Discordant Harmony; October 9th, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Nate_Dawg
Beginning Trainer

Alright, my final post should be up relatively soon. Either tonight or tomorrow morning.

And may I say, not knowing the names of pokemon (IC) is making things very difficult for me to type. I'm starting to die a little bit inside every time I have to say snakelike and foxlike. I wish Thomas was smart enough to realize that pokemon just say their names over and over again.

Edit: Got a question for you. Would you count conversations between characters as part of the post count. I was giving that some thought and realized that it would really be impossible to take care of the reaction and battle and still manage to have any sort of conversation with the other characters. I don't thing I saw an answer to this at least. If there was, I'm sorry for missing it.

Last edited by Nate_Dawg; October 16th, 2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Niriate
Rivalist

So, I'm just wondering how long we're going to wait on miley810 to get her post up?

Old October 24th, 2011, 03:08 PM
AceOfChance
➝ Koala... an evil koala

Hey guys, I have some bad news. I can't keep up with the RP with all the new things that just took over my life recently. I am so terribly busy and I am sad to say that this isn't on my list of top priorities. Also, I am finding it hard putting these scenes together for you guys to RP - because the way it plays in my head is almost too impossible to place into role-play form. Thus brings us to the other thing I wanted to say; I won't start this up again. I am afraid that it just won't work for me and it might be difficult for you guys as well. Instead I have decided to put my story into a Fanfiction. If anyone would be interested in reading it (if you aren't all mad at me of course xD) than it will be posted on the account named "Noble Glory". I recently created that account, I am switching all my details to there and going to stop logging in to this account. If you need to contact me or wish to chat/flame/etc. just send a PM or VM over to that account and I will get to it as soon as I can.

Thank you all. I apologize for possibly wasting your time and I wish it could've gone differently. I feel the worst by the fact that we didn't even get that far into it. Maybe that was for the best though. I will say it again: thank you! You are all amazing writers. Best of luck and all the fun in the world towards your future RPs.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links