The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Violet Rose
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
i think she looks cute but her outfit is to showy, i guess the pokemon creators wanted a different kind of girl this time.
Old September 18th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
Ok, she might wear "Cool" looking outfits, but I don't know if we think the right but...we don't feel it is right. At least I don't. I do understand that there are always 2 sides on a debate so I don't feel wrong. Anyway, Personally, the older characters, were better. Hilda....well, all I can say is that she wasn't better FOR ME. I don't want to say she was bad, because in my dictionary, Pokemon never included something horrible to me, its just that she isn't better than the previous ones. I gotta say, the pale skin creeps me out most xD
That's an interesting reason to dislike her, different from most. What do you think makes her paleness stand out the most? Because if you look at this, the characters are equally pale imo:

Spoiler:

Is it the clothing, do you think? It's certainly strange when someone has so much skin showing that they'd be pale. Or does it have more to do with the dark clothes and hair, since those tend to make skin look paler? Or a mixture of both?

'Hoy, small fry!
Old September 18th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
The only thing I don't like about Hilda is her pockets, otherwise I think she's pretty hip.
Old September 18th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Faeiri
Pokémon Noob

I would never wear shorts like hers (especially while running around in grass, her poor legs!) but somehow I like her design a lot.
Old September 18th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Unova's based on the US ad boy do the girls were shorts shorts. From first hand experience, it really is a majority of them who were it and with thank tops so she fits them to a T. Also she's hawt looking so fine by moi =3
Old September 18th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Kristine
Pokemon Addict Since 1998

Nature: Gentle
Tbh, I LOVE her design. I was so happy when I saw that they'd made hero characters that look like teens instead of children. I'm quite tired of playing characters that are ten years-old. I think I also like her because her pale skin/brown hair looks quite a bit like me and because she looks substantially less "girly" than other Gen's female heroes.

Platinum FC: 0517-5066-8061
Old September 28th, 2011, 11:11 PM
リザードン☆
Charizard evolved into..

Nature: Timid
Hilda's overall design I don't mind at all and it isn't because they have designed her to be 'more revealing' but I think her design fits with Hikari10 stating her name contains the word battle, so the have gone for a more tom-boyish look rather than the 'cute' look.
Overall out of ten I personally would give Hilda an eight and rank her second coming after Leaf.

friend codefriend safaripmvm
Old September 29th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Poueff
Beginning Trainer

This is dumb. Most of you say you want pokémon games to be more mature. You say it shouldn't be just for kids. Well, you got it. Hilda isn't a freaking ten year old. According to what I've been told (from a source I really can't recal), she's supposed to be around 16, the same as Herbert. Actually, I doubt any of the other characters (even Red) were supposed to be 10. The only character that is 10 is Ash, in the anime only, so it would draw 10 year olds in with the anime to play the game (and also for already playing 10 year olds to get more attached).

Personally, I like the design. What's the problem? At least it's not like some girls I know who only wear a long shirt and yoga pants (or whatever you call them these days). Actually, it's all I see girls wearing these days. Either the yoga pants, or similar to Hilda's clothes.
Old September 29th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

That's an interesting reason to dislike her, different from most. What do you think makes her paleness stand out the most? Because if you look at this, the characters are equally pale imo:

Spoiler:

Is it the clothing, do you think? It's certainly strange when someone has so much skin showing that they'd be pale. Or does it have more to do with the dark clothes and hair, since those tend to make skin look paler? Or a mixture of both?
O_O WTH...Both are PALE?!?!
Heyyyy...I see.... The Artwork and the Anime are 2 different things That's all I can say..
I don't know if it is because I live in a country were most ppl are tan and dark skinned. But When looking at the Anime, Dawn's skin was more ~human, this is so white..what I mean the color is light.

I might be wrong but that's what my eyes tell me :/
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:53 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I love their designs, they were much better then that of Lyra, I really didn't like that design. It's pretty perfect the only thing I don't like is the look of her hair from her art. In other picture it looks good though.
Old October 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
sherreamethyst
Dragonite's Momma

When I saw Hilda for the first time, I thought she didnt look right. She didnt look like she belonged in a Pokemon game. All the other female characters from previous games all looked like a Pokemon style and had that Pokemon sense to it. I dont know if its just me, but I hate Hilda. She's ugly, i hate her clothes, and she just doesnt feel right. I wish they would make a pretty blonde playable character or something.

Actually it would be cool if they let yu design yur character!
i.e: choose how their face looks, eye color, hair color/style, clothes, etc..
Old October 1st, 2011, 02:03 PM
ObeyMudkips
Obey.!

I like her design since it doesn't look like her mom picks out her clothes. *coughLeafcough*
Old October 7th, 2011, 01:27 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poueff View Post
This is dumb. Most of you say you want pokémon games to be more mature. You say it shouldn't be just for kids. Well, you got it. Hilda isn't a freaking ten year old. According to what I've been told (from a source I really can't recal), she's supposed to be around 16, the same as Herbert. Actually, I doubt any of the other characters (even Red) were supposed to be 10. The only character that is 10 is Ash, in the anime only, so it would draw 10 year olds in with the anime to play the game (and also for already playing 10 year olds to get more attached).
None of pokemon protagonist characters have their exact age explicitly stated except for old red in the manual. EVER. So don't assume them to be 10 years old like the anime did. They can be 15 years old or maybe older.

Exposing more skin for female character doesn't mean it make the game more mature in any way, especially if the story have left much to be desired, and lack of character development.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old October 7th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Hilda is the coolest female protagonist ever, her shorts, bag and hair make her just as cool as even Ash from the anime.

If I was ever making the anime I'd like to see her as the main character instead of Ash because I just loved Hilda's design.

I know most people here hate her English name and rather prefer her Japanese name but she was created in a bid to attract more teens to the Pokemon franchise.

If you love Hilda, friend me and I'll tell you how awesome she is!

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old October 9th, 2011, 05:39 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
the only thing that I don not like about Hilda is her name and her hair. Her name sounds weird (and I always hated that name) and what is up with her hair? it looks like a failed attempt to make a sundae.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old October 9th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
I have no problem with her actually. I'm not paying attention to her pants even though I thought they were short at first. I don't notice it anymore. The only thing I don't like is her pockets showing from under her pants and the way she runs just isn't in my taste, but at least he butt doesn't bounce the same way the boy's seems to.

Whenever I look at her the thing I'm staring at is her huge ponytail flying in the wing. It's mesmerizing... I like the way it fits through her hat too. I didn't pick Black because I didn't like the way his hair looked. I always go by the hat/face area because that's all I really look at.

I do agree that she's got a bit of a bootyshort there.
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:19 PM
PelipperMail
Booted out - don't be like me!

Like Lyra, Hilda was very revealing. Due to unwanted biological circumstances, I am forced to conclude that I do like Hilda's design - pockets excluded. Her hair is pretty unique, although it's not unaesthetic.
Old October 9th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Her booty isn't hanging out, her shirt isn't a very low v-cut, she's cute, what's so bad about her? I like her design and everything, and the only thing that ruins her for me is that name. Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with this protagonist. )8

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old October 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM
AquaticWartortle
Teh Best Wartortle

Nature: Quiet
I liked her design a lot. Her & Leaf's(FR LG) designs were the best in my opinion. Lyra & Dawns were the worst to me because they didn't seem right. Kris & May are in the middle since their designs were great.

Credits: XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX
Old October 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
Her booty isn't hanging out, her shirt isn't a very low v-cut, she's cute, what's so bad about her? I like her design and everything, and the only thing that ruins her for me is that name. Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with this protagonist. )8
Same for me - I have no idea as to why there are people hating on her. I've been hearing some people complaining about her not having a dress or skirt on. So what? Girls don't have to wear a dress/skirt - Lyra didn't.
Old October 9th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_of_darkness View Post
Same for me - I have no idea as to why there are people hating on her. I've been hearing some people complaining about her not having a dress or skirt on. So what? Girls don't have to wear a dress/skirt - Lyra didn't.
And really what's wrong with the short shorts? I love Hilda except for the name!!
Old October 9th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Soul Eater
→ w e a p o n.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Soul Eater Send a message via Yahoo to Soul Eater
I hate that they called her Hilda. Other than that I loved her character design. There's nothing all too different about it from the others, other than the fact that it could seem to be more iffy simply because she's 17-ish and not 10. Seems worse to me to have Misty dress the way she did, considering her age.

MONSTER
i must confess that i feel like a

Old October 10th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Hilda is the best-designed female lead in any Pokemon game so far.

Everyone likes her, except one thing...

they're all saying she has a stupid name!

Will someone ever say they like her name?

I even made up a poem about her...

Pokemon Trainer Hilda,
She's the cool-as girl from Unova
who travels with her friends
Cheren and Bianca.
They receive a Starter Pokemon
then Hilda realizes she feels
a connection to a legendary
Dragon-type Pokemon.
Reshiram or Zekrom?
It's her VS N to save Unova
from the clutches of Team Plasma!
Hilda is the awesome Trainer
we would have liked to have seen
as Ash's new female companion
but the writers decided reflect
back on the original series anime
and gave us two Gym Leaders.
If I, Hikari were making the anime
I'd make Hilda the main girl and
I'd make Oshawott her starter
it would either remain unevolved
like Dawn's Piplup or evolve like
May's Torchic. Still, Hilda's design
and total awesomeness plus
her maturity make her the ideal
Pokemon Trainer!
Give me a H! Give me an I!
Give me a L! Give me a D!
And give me an A!
That's Pokemon Trainer Hilda.

Last edited by Hikamaru; October 10th, 2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Will someone ever say they like her name?
I wouldn't say that I hate the way that she's named. However, I'm a bit indifferent towards her name, as I could care less as to how most people are named.
Old October 12th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Isn't Hilda the coolest of the female leads?

She is a Trainer with sense of style and strength, referencing the toughness of Black & White.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here