The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranee View Post
I searched the threads and couldn't find a solution to this so here goes:

My desmume emulator won't let me save in-game anymore on Pokemon Volt White meaning it won't save after Ghetsis is defeated and I can't do aftergame. It keeps saying there's already a save file and it is impossible to save over it. I used save states most of the game and deleted my in-game save (which was very old) just in case it was blocking the new one but it still persists. I do have a previous playthrough I used in-game saves and savestates on in there that went to after-game just fine. What I think the problem is, is that I keep loading the save state that still thinks I have a save file on the menu screen I haven't erased. Does anyone know how to fix this? The fate of the after game portion of my walkthrough depends on it and I really hope I'm not screwed here. Another weird thing about this is that the in-game save I erased WAS part of this playthrough I'm having problems on so it DID save fine at one point.
You pretty much are screwed. When you use a savestate, it literally takes a virtual photo of the game at that point. Any flags activated will still exist, and since you never did delete your file before you started savestating, it's in that virtual photo, preventing you from finishing the game. Therefore, you will have to restart.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old July 24th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Tyranee
Can't read my Poke'-face!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
You pretty much are screwed. When you use a savestate, it literally takes a virtual photo of the game at that point. Any flags activated will still exist, and since you never did delete your file before you started savestating, it's in that virtual photo, preventing you from finishing the game. Therefore, you will have to restart.
Well, crap. So much for the aftergame walkthrough I suppose

Voice Acted Apollo Justice LP:
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:00 AM
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
When I try to play pokemon shiny gold on my mac it gives me an error message, but it plays perfectly fine, when i try to save or save state it won't allow me and it'll give me an error message. can someone please help me fix it. I'm using visualboy advance version 1.7.4 on mac.

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokehearts View Post
When I try to play pokemon shiny gold on my mac it gives me an error message, but it plays perfectly fine, when i try to save or save state it won't allow me and it'll give me an error message. can someone please help me fix it. I'm using visualboy advance version 1.7.4 on mac.
Have you changed your save type to Flash 128K? If FR/LG or any of their hacks aren't saving, try tinkering with that setting. Note that if you do have a savestate, ypu will have to restart to have it save correctly. Also, check to make sure important directories are there if VBA generates them.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
ummmm..... i dont have 128k save type in the menu. and when i try to save it it says can't save firered 1

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:04 AM
bla1
Beginning Trainer

Hello
I hope it's the right place.

I'm interested in buying flash cartridge for my old Game Boy advance SP

What cartridge should i buy?
I want it to support all the games, and so I can copy games from the computer to the GBASP.

IMPORTANT - I want it to support ALL Pokemon games, and the in-game clock!! (I think it called real time clock)
I dont want to play pokemon in my SP and to see "internal battery run dry.. clock based events will not ocuur. (or something like that)

please direct me to a website where I can order it from.

BTW, I've heard about the Ez flash iv, but I saw it doesn't support RTC..(?)
I suppose that if there is no cart with RTC, I should buy the Ez flash IV which is the best?
and last thing. Does the cart make problem with saves? I mean, does it support all save types (Flash 64K, 128K, EEPROM, and all the stuff)?

Thanks
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
How do I change the title screen picture on the original Red and Blue to be my own picture?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old August 25th, 2011, 02:50 PM
klemniops
Unhatched Egg

I'm having an issue with my FireRed hack. I just started some basic scripts for it - more specifically, I made a signpost message - that only displays a message to the player. My script is simple:

Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x162274
msgbox 0x816227C '"Alberon City Pokémon Gym\pThe Gym n..."
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x16227C
= Alberon City Pokémon Gym\pThe Gym no longer operates at this\nlocation.
But this doesn't work. When I talk to the sign it makes the clicking sound but no message displays. Does anyone know why this happens, and if yes could you help me out?
Old August 25th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by klemniops View Post
I'm having an issue with my FireRed hack. I just started some basic scripts for it - more specifically, I made a signpost message - that only displays a message to the player. My script is simple:

Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x162274
msgbox 0x816227C '"Alberon City Pokémon Gym\pThe Gym n..."
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x16227C
= Alberon City Pokémon Gym\pThe Gym no longer operates at this\nlocation.
But this doesn't work. When I talk to the sign it makes the clicking sound but no message displays. Does anyone know why this happens, and if yes could you help me out?
These questions don't belong here =)
They belong either in Simple Questions or Script help thread but since you asked, it's because you are using outdated version of XSE.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 26th, 2011, 09:16 AM
klemniops
Unhatched Egg

ah, my bad. wrong simple questions thread.

also thanks, I'll try to find the more recent version.
Old September 1st, 2011, 09:42 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Sorry, to be impatient here, but does anyone know the answer to my problem?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old September 5th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

This should be my first question here in the Emulation help thread. But it's not as easy as you'd think it is, because my DeSmuME lags much more than it ever did before. It even lags alot even when I have the frameskipping turned on, and doesn't matter whatever option I choose or whatever version I use... it won't make a difference. D:

I've tried to change every single option in the config menu on DeSmuME, but it hasn't made a single difference, I even turned off the Advanced Bus Timer, still lagged badly.

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with my laptop, I've tried:
- Closing down most programs
- uninstalling a program that I didn't need
- tried seeing if there were update, but there was no new updates
Please help me try to fix the problem, 'cause I aren't no expert at fixing GPU problems. DeSmuME lags an awful lot whenever there's 3D objects much more than it did before on my laptop. It never was like that before, and don't say that it is normal, because I can tell what is normal and what isn't. This is abnormal for this to happen.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old September 15th, 2011, 05:53 AM
BigAron
Beginning Trainer

Hello.

Recently, I acquired the a GBA flashcard for the ds, the EZ-flash 3 in 1, I perfectly run normals games, but hacked games don't work, do you have a solution.

Thanks allready!
Old September 21st, 2011, 09:36 AM
sir.dav
Beginning Trainer

Hi,

I wanted to trade some of my pokémon from Red to Crystal, so i exported my save files of both games from VBA to TGB-Dual and back ...

The trading is not really a problem, but when i open my save file of crystal in TGB-Dual, the time settings have changed (for example, it's wednesday afternoon, but on the game it's 5.13 am on a thursday morning??). When I open my save file back in VBA after trading, the clock remains incorrect ..

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is there any way to change the clock in Crystal again?

Oh yeah, the vba-link option doesn't work either, everytime I load a second game, I have to start a new game and can't seem to go on from my save file ...
hope someone can help
Old September 27th, 2011, 03:10 AM
sawen
Beginning Trainer

Hi!

Im working on a rom hack, i've made a lot progress, changing the sprites, map, starters, pokémons, trainers, and everything , when testing the game it works fine until route 8 where it suddenly becomes black so you can do anything! Anyone can help me out?
Old October 6th, 2011, 08:48 AM
AlfaTyrogue
Swag.

Where am I supposed to reserve a name for a pokémon hack? I'm new here and the forum is so big...
Old October 7th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaTyrogue View Post
Where am I supposed to reserve a name for a pokémon hack? I'm new here and the forum is so big...
Well not exactly here... that's the first thing.
Second... you don't exactly need to "reserve" the name.
Just check whether hack that's already here has the same name and if it does not you can post it in Progressing Hacks if your hack is in progressing stage.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 7th, 2011, 04:27 AM
AlfaTyrogue
Swag.

So as long as the name isn't used on this site I can use it?
Or shall it not exist at all?
Old October 9th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Raitenau
Story Writter

Nature: Gentle
Hello!
I think my doubt is appropriated to this topic, if not, i am sorry for that. Anyways, i was exploring the Tutorials section, because i want to learn how to insert tiles, but i got confused somehow when it speaks about coloring the tile for insertion or something. So, in order to insert the tile you need to color it O.o?
Old October 9th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Co500
You think you're strong? You're not.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAron View Post
Hello.

Recently, I acquired the a GBA flashcard for the ds, the EZ-flash 3 in 1, I perfectly run normals games, but hacked games don't work, do you have a solution.

Thanks allready!
Have you patched the ips file to the correct rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawen View Post
Hi!

Im working on a rom hack, i've made a lot progress, changing the sprites, map, starters, pokémons, trainers, and everything , when testing the game it works fine until route 8 where it suddenly becomes black so you can do anything! Anyone can help me out?
Hmm, I can't really suggest much on this but if you PM me I will be sure to try and help out more on your problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaTyrogue View Post
So as long as the name isn't used on this site I can use it?
Or shall it not exist at all?
Are you on about the name of Pokemon Hacks? Then yes there can only be one say "Pokemon Opal" but if that name is already taken you could just use something like "Pokemon ShiningOpal" or just come up with a new name but if you dont see the name in the progressing hacks then the name will be available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raitenau View Post
Hello!
I think my doubt is appropriated to this topic, if not, i am sorry for that. Anyways, i was exploring the Tutorials section, because i want to learn how to insert tiles, but i got confused somehow when it speaks about coloring the tile for insertion or something. So, in order to insert the tile you need to color it O.o?
If need be as far as my knowledge goes you need to recolour it to the correct palette, there are some really useful tuts on here, try the ones with screenshots so you can see clearly what they're doing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My question now!

Does anyone know where I could find some Halloween esque tiles? or some dark graveyard/spooky house ones? Thanks :D

I hope you’ll remember, there is something good in goodbye.

Old October 9th, 2011, 01:24 PM
yeaokwali
Beginning Trainer

Anyone know to get this thing (kpdavatar's pokemon maker) to work on vba with fire red?

www(dot)westfalen-challenge(dot)de/playground/pokemonmaker/PokemonMakerV4x(dot)html

Also there's two options for FireRed. v1.0 and v1.1 I'm not sure which version I'm supposed to pick in the code maker, but I downloaded my rom off coolrom. Then there's six other options to the right lol....One of which you have to pick and I have no idea which one I'm supposed to be using.
VBA
ARv1-2/GSv1-2
ARv3
CB/GSv3+Type8
CB/GSv3+Type5
and 80-Bytes
Old October 9th, 2011, 11:24 PM
AlfaTyrogue
Swag.

@co500 thanks for the help, dude. I think Pokémon Agate Version would be a good name :o
And to your question, google is your friend
Old October 10th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Raitenau
Story Writter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co500 View Post
If need be as far as my knowledge goes you need to recolour it to the correct palette, there are some really useful tuts on here, try the ones with screenshots so you can see clearly what they're doing
So i need to recoloring every tile before insertion? Wow...
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Co500
You think you're strong? You're not.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raitenau View Post
So i need to recoloring every tile before insertion? Wow...
It depends what tiles they are and what palettes they use, some tiles are suited to firered or ruby, it doesn't necessarily mean you have to recolour every tile

I hope you’ll remember, there is something good in goodbye.

Old October 14th, 2011, 05:50 AM
faospark
web Developer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaSilva View Post
Okay, here what McAfee says about it: In our tests this download contained programs some people would consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs

Some help?
after using desmume for a really long time, it is quite interesting That McAfee says such. I will vouch for Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and Eset which are far superior than mcafee. those three does antivirus/malware/Internet Security tools does not detect any problem/worm/virus on desmume

"Generating codes from Pokesav Does not earn you a title of a coder!!!
"
Action Replay Code Archive
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here