• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Welcome to the group, Robo-Comrade. :)
I hope you enjoy the herd and the discussions on here.

Melody

Banned
Years
Yep! Those are the same sprites used for the Desktop Ponies. xD;
I should turn those on again. o3o
They're pretty fun to have around. :D

Also, with the whole "Brony" thing...
I personally think that the word just refers to fans of the show. It applies to both male and female.
People seem to take it the wrong way, simply because of the fact that it has "Bro" in it.
/hoping nobody takes this in an offensive way, because none is intended :<

EDIT: Oh, and I completely agree with Astinus about the thing with the older fans. Then again, I hear that most of the older fans enjoy G4, like most of us. It also must be irritating, since most bronies dislike the older generations in someway. Must be really depressing for them.
Well I agree. "Brony" was NOT COINED from the root word "Brother". In fact it was coined from 4chan's '/b/'. Users of /b/ refer to each other as /b/rothers as a reference to the sub board of 4chan. NOT BASED ON GENDER STATISTICS!

I don't see it that way at all. It was first created to refer to the male fanbase and that kind of disappoints me because, as was already posted, the whole term on its own is ignoring the female fans just by having "bro" in it. I don't want to be part of a definition that wasn't meant for me in the first place.

When someone asks you how the term "brony" was created, people will tell you it's combination of "bro", referring to males, and the word "pony." When that person asks you why such a word also includes older female fans, you'll just shrug and say that's how it is. Because the female fanbase is apparently not important enough to warrant its own name, we have to stick with the term "brony" which doesn't really fit us to begin with. Plus, the staff of the show even recognized this word as referring to the male fanbase in the song Equestria Girls.

I just don't feel like I, as a female, belong under that definition even if the meaning was altered.

No offense taken, and no offense intended either. This isn't geared at anyone at all; I just wanted to speak up! To each their own :3 In fact, from typing this I realized I'm not even the nickname type. I'd rather just be called a fan of MLP: FiM, nothing more. A female-oriented term doesn't really interest me in any way.

The meaning was never altered, it was just never understood properly.

As such I feel like terms like "Pegasister" are depreciated. If you really MUST use a gender loaded term, just use "Filly" as the Equestria Girls video does.

But I really don't like seeing women set themselves apart from the guys just because of a word...it's just counterproductive to the purpose of the fan community anyway, which is overwhelmingly supportive of all of it's members as well as completely ignorant to things such as gender and more.

To call oneself anything but a "Brony" when being a fan of MLP Gen 4 simply sets you apart from the fanbase, and that really isn't productive. Besides, the word 'Pegasister'? SO UGLEH. If you're using gender based pronouns, just use things like Filly, or Pony if you want to be gender neutral.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Tomorrow is a pretty special day. Well, in our timezone anyway. Who can guess? Anyone? Nobody?

It's the Anniversary for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Yep! One whole year since it started and one whole year since Twilight arrived in Ponyville and Luna returned.
So I drew a little picture for the occasion.

Spoiler:

Just a topic question.

Has anybody got anything planned for Monday?

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
Fantastic fan-art you found Yoshi-san, as I try to find more Applejack wallpapers but I can only find a few.

And tomorrow will be a day to remember!

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
- Favorite Episode: Party of One
- Favorite Main Pony: Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy
- Favorite Side Pony: Princess Luna
- About Me: When I first discovered the series, I said to myself "Why on Earth do so many people like this show?" and then I decided to watch an episode to find out why everyone liked it so much, eventually, I became a brony after watching so many episodes.

Cura

Years
Just a topic question.

Has anybody got anything planned for Monday?[/size]

Nothing much... I'm bored either way. (I'm going to rewatch every episode of the show again for the fourth time.)

Oh, and Masterge77. Welcome to the herd. :)

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
POSSIBLE SEASON 2, EPISODE 5 RUMORS!

Spoiler:

Cura

Years
POSSIBLE SEASON 2, EPISODE 5 RUMORS!

Spoiler:

Oh, this looks good. Can you inform me of the source of this? :)

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I'm personally looking forward to the remastered opening theme. xD;
Seeing even a bit of change will be fascinating. :DDD

Also... Fwee~
I didn't put that picture here, simply because of it's size. xDD;;
I was actually a part of this collab. I drew that Bon-Bon sitting on a pillar around the right. :D
If any of you guys can be bothered, you can still join in. It's going to be updated until Friday.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
Well, the "start" of Season 2 is this upcoming episode, but the 2-parter with Discord is the real start of Season 2, and with those episodes, the season started off nicely and should be good for the rest of the season.

As long as this season does not do anything to drive me away from the show, I'm fine.

Melody

Banned
Years
Pray tell, what would drive you away?

I don't think there's a whole lot they could do to drive me away...I'm hopelessly hooked on this generation. ♥

I really am looking forward to this season though. Little bit of trivia: Did you know the person who played 'Q' from Star Trek is the same guy who voice acts as Discord? ...I was certainly gobsmacked when I realized that. :D

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
Pray tell, what would drive you away?

I don't think there's a whole lot they could do to drive me away...I'm hopelessly hooked on this generation. ♥

I really am looking forward to this season though. Little bit of trivia: Did you know the person who played 'Q' from Star Trek is the same guy who voice acts as Discord? ...I was certainly gobsmacked when I realized that. :D

The only thing that could possibly drive me away is a slight change in the format to the show, such as, for example, getting rid of a much loved character and replacing that character with another character who isn't well liked by the fandom.

I already knew that Discord was played by Q since before the episode aired.

Last edited:
Back