• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
I think another thing that hurts RPs is the speed at which some people post. I remember starting this one RP where there were almost three pages of posts in the first day. I understand excitement about an RP, but it kills the excitement of people like me who simply can't keep up with that speed. I tend to make one multi-paragraph post every another day if I'm lucky. It is difficult to stay interested when I have to read through 3 pages of stuff every time I get on.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
It seems like if I took a count of the RP's in the past month with the words: Darkness, and Rising/Rises/Rise/Rising/or Uprise. There would be about ALL OF THEM. It just seems like those are very common title words.

And none of my RPs have ever had those words in them ^.^ Well... one of my RPs had the word "Dark" in the name... whatever X3

Anybody want to join Plague? It's a remake of Zamorak's RP(and apparently it lured him back to the RP Corner ^.^') and it's by MichaelaTheUchiha and myself. Jooooiiiiiiinnnn iiiiitt! You know you want to C:<

Ice.

Ice.
Years
I just thought I'd let the RP Corner know that I am going to release an RP that is a little errmm..... off the traditional system... not going to tell you much but, I'm going to try the "fear of the unknown" advertising.

Vanilla Ice

Vanipeti <3
Years
I just thought I'd let the RP Corner know that I am going to release an RP that is a little errmm..... off the traditional system... not going to tell you much but, I'm going to try the "fear of the unknown" advertising.

Define traditional. As far as I can recall, we never had a 'traditional system' of RPing. We love change and progress provided it is positive and everyone accepts it. So far I don't know whether to "fear the unknown" or not. x3

Ice.

Ice.
Years
Define traditional. As far as I can recall, we never had a 'traditional system' of RPing. We love change and progress provided it is positive and everyone accepts it. So far I don't know whether to "fear the unknown" or not. x3

What I meant by off the traditional system is an idea a little ermm.... different than most RP's. I plan to release it soon, it is just not ready yet.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
May I suggest something? Because I'm going to. I feel like we should have tags that are specific to the RP Corner, like things that are put in front of titles on threads like having [OOC] or [PG-13] or [Pokemon], to indicate what the thread is without having it put in the title.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I'm still tempted to buy a Disgaea game. SOMEDAY. /are any of the ones for PSP good

Anyways, I have a new idea. This is sort of like that Magical Kid one I came up with a while ago, except I was thinking of combining two series: Madoka Magica and Pokemon. The idea's in spoilers for those who are actually watching/reading the series or one of its spin-offs :P

Spoiler:

Sorry it's so long ;; But thoughts?

Last edited:
Years
May I suggest something? Because I'm going to. I feel like we should have tags that are specific to the RP Corner, like things that are put in front of titles on threads like having [OOC] or [PG-13] or [Pokemon], to indicate what the thread is without having it put in the title.
That's is very nifty and handy. Makes everything look organized without having such long thread titles. :>

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
They have them on other forums so, why not here?

I don't get why people don't put a lot of the things in their titles, in the thread. Like when people explain why their RP is rated how it is.....

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
They have them on other forums so, why not here?

I don't get why people don't put a lot of the things in their titles, in the thread. Like when people explain why their RP is rated how it is.....
Probably because their to lazy and don't care much about presentation.

Not to post this as spam or anything but were losing alot of RPs due to busy lives and were looking for people so If your interested come on down
>>HERE <<

Last edited:

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
^

Indeed, my RP, War Between Pokemon & Humans II is searching for more RPers to join. If you're interested please drop by. It's still in early phase, and it's never too late to join :) *PLEASE HELP* xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
That's... a pretty good idea! I'll see what I can do about that!
I'm still tempted to buy a Disgaea game. SOMEDAY. /are any of the ones for PSP good
I bought Disgaea 2 on PSP (Dark Hero Days) and it's AMAZING. Very much looking forward to Miss Doronjo's RP <:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Anyways, I have a new idea. This is sort of like that Magical Kid one I came up with a while ago, except I was thinking of combining two series: Madoka Magica and Pokemon. The idea's in spoilers for those who are actually watching/reading the series or one of its spin-offs :P

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Sorry it's so long ;; But thoughts?

Its not bad at all! Its very nice; I can't wait for it~ :3

Your planning to pick out a pokemon region, right? I'm not sure; you ~could~ make it a region that controvises the most in magic, time and space, y'know, somewhere that adds to the theme of magic and sorecery you provided here; and you also mentioned Giratina here, so you could set it in maybe Sinnoh, or...I'm not sure if you want a place in Madoka, or wherever you decide; its up to you! That was just my thought to help you bounce ideas!! :3

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Boy, new and active roleplays are cropping up faster than old ones can end. =o

I'm pretty sure I'm near or at my limit too. 'Tis sad.

Regardless. I'm here to advertise Down with the Crown. We are a small roleplay limited to 4 roleplayers (Not including the two GMs) and are currrently still waiting to see if more people join, though time is running out for that.

This roleplay is run by two GMs working together, PkMnTrainer Yellow and LawOfTheLand. We have both put quite a bit of work into planning this roleplay. The roleplay is adventure themed with a side of character development and optional romance. You may also find it to be laced with some paranormal horror. It's intended to be reasonably fast paced. That being said, you should aim to have a minimum average post rate of around one post per two days.

It's worth noting that this is not the paranormal horror focused RP I mentioned earlier, which would've had a much stronger focus.

While I'm here, I might as well mention that The Pokemon Trainer Academy still has plenty of spots to be filled. (Majority of them are teacher spots, but only your first character takes up a spot at all, so the other two can be students in any dorm you please, assuming you can handle playing multiple characters. There are also 4 student spots regardless.)

I also have two other ideas for roleplays that I haven't made yet. Unfortunately I am at my limit for GMing roleplays right now most certainly, so they'll have to wait.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I have several ideas for roleplays but I'm a terrible GM hahaha. My roleplays don't seem to last that long... so far, Misfits has lasted the longest! XD

Oh wait, actually, I think my first one that i made in 2006 lasted ages.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I'm exactly the same, Skymin. xD I'll always have these random idea popping up, but I am a terrible GM, and as such, it probably wouldn't get off the ground. Which is why Nakuzami is helping me CO-GM Plague. XD

...Which, you guys should join. GO JOIN IT. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back