Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 12th, 2011 (04:36 PM).
used Bone Club...?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
OK guys, not that it really matters all that much, but I have officially taken over the LGBT Club! Landorus hasn't posted in here for at least a month and he hasn't been on PokeCommunity at all for ten days, so now it's MINE! ALL MINE!
This club in particular is the reason I brought up the method of changing thread OPs to Alternative. :] So glad this is working out just how I planned it would~ And now I'm on the member's list here! Mwhahahaha...

Honestly, I don't do too many traditionally feminine things; I think I'm pretty masculine for the most part. The only thing that really comes to mind is my obsession for clothing... shopping is my weakness. I'll spend hooooours in the mall picking out things to buy. I just love it. :]

But no, I've never really cross-dressed or even went as far as painting my nails, or anything of the sort. Though sometimes I wish I could carry around a purse just for the fact that I could carry all my junk in it. Haha!
Old October 12th, 2011 (05:09 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Pachy:
Thankies SR~
This club is too awesome to let die. :p

Anyway I wanted to pose a question to everyone as it's something I'm a bit curious about.
Do you sometimes enjoy doing/wearing things that folks of the opposite gender typically do? By this I don't mean full out cross dressing, I just mean crossing the gender line for things that you like.

Why do you do it? (if applicable and you feel like answering it)

I ask these because I'm just want to know.
I don't know if this is explicitly 'femine', but I like watching soap operas and really romantic movies. Ok, I know that the romantic movies part is feminine but they're so enjoyable, lol. Overall, I'm not overly masculine but not feminine either. I do some really feminine things sometimes but at other times really male things (sometimes I act real chauvinistic for the hell of it).
And when you're dead I will be still alive!
Still alive! Still alive.
- GLaDOS (Portal, 2007)
Old October 12th, 2011 (06:16 PM).
My Strong Resolve
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
Zomg Hiidoran, you should so totally carry a purse. XD

:3 These are all good answers I'm seeing so far.

I probably don't cross them often. I paint my nails...and wear earrings, the latter which can arguably be said it's not so feminine...but eh. That's really the only time I see the need to ignore the line.
The funny part is, I don't really even understand why I find painting my nails enjoyable. I just do.

Optional side-quest question gogogo:
What do you think of "Gender lines/roles"? Would you rather they go away, or do you not mind them so much?
Old October 12th, 2011 (06:28 PM).
► sniper.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
To answer both your questions in one, Pachy, most of the time yes I do enjoy doing things that are more typical of guys. I am trans even though I've dealt with it enough to be comfortable as a girl. I still cross gender lines, or blur them rather, and usually am more comfortable seeming more male than female. Though, it depends on the day, for me. I don't really wish that the gender lines were gone, because crossing them is entirely too interesting. Though, for certain things where sexist opinions can come into play, it would be nice if they didn't exist. XD

[ yukimura tooru.]
slateport citytumblrtsu.co
Old October 12th, 2011 (06:29 PM).
used Bone Club...?
Crystal Tier

Zomg Hiidoran, you should so totally carry a purse. XD
Oooooh, that's just what everyone is expecting! :P

What do you think of "Gender lines/roles"? Would you rather they go away, or do you not mind them so much?
I'm actually okay with them in a way.

I'm not saying they should be forced on a person by any means - be comfortable, be who you want to be. Buuuut I also find nothing more attractive than a guy who does what I would consider stereotypical masculine things. It's fine to be a little effeminate every now and then, but to a certain extent, I'm gay because I like the male sex aaaaaand the male gender. If the male gender was blurred, Larry wouldn't have as much fun. Then again, I guess I wouldn't know any difference if I never know it existed. o3o Food for thought.

Yeah, you know that creepy dude who watches you play football... yeah, that's me. What's up? Wanna hook up later? Call me!
Old October 12th, 2011 (06:40 PM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Hiidoran:
This club in particular is the reason I brought up the method of changing thread OPs to Alternative. :] So glad this is working out just how I planned it would~ And now I'm on the member's list here! Mwhahahaha...
I'm very glad you did, you are quite a smart man! I've been angsting for the power to update the members list for ages, but I had no idea how many people had been left behind!

But no, I've never really cross-dressed or even went as far as painting my nails, or anything of the sort.
I'm not sure if this counts as a feminine thing, but you've reminded me that I painted my nails once! It was for a Halloween party in 2009 where I went as a goth!

Spoiler:

People always ask me what the thing on my lip is; the idea was that I was nomming on a crucifix

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old October 12th, 2011 (07:09 PM).
Crystal Tier

Work that goth look, girl.
And when you're dead I will be still alive!
Still alive! Still alive.
- GLaDOS (Portal, 2007)
Old October 12th, 2011 (07:23 PM).
► sniper.
Crystal Tier

It's fine to be a little effeminate every now and then, but to a certain extent, I'm gay because I like the male sex aaaaaand the male gender. If the male gender was blurred, Larry wouldn't have as much fun.
Aaaah, that makes me kinda think more about what I posted.. XD; I thought Pachy meant our own gender lines, and not what we're attracted to. Since I can only mentally crush on guys, it doesn't matter to me where they are on the gender spectrum. With girls, I tend to be more into girls who are more tomboyish in looks or personality, rather than girly girls. Not that I can't fall for girly girls, though. =u=

Hahahaha, Raichu, that picture is pretty cool actually. xD

[ yukimura tooru.]
Old October 12th, 2011 (07:31 PM).
Certified Responsible Adult
Crystal Tier

I feel I should post here more. ._.

So yeah, I don't tend to do anything that would be considered effeminate. At least, a sfar as other people have told me. XD Not many people know I am gay, but everyone who does was shocked (except that one aunt who can like, read my mind, but she's and exception XD). So none of my interests and activities give off any vibe of me being gay. XD

I'm not sure if this counts as a feminine thing, but you've reminded me that I painted my nails once! It was for a Halloween party in 2009 where I went as a goth!

Spoiler:

People always ask me what the thing on my lip is; the idea was that I was nomming on a crucifix :P
Oh I forgot, i did that for Halloween once as well. XD Though, my mom had to force me, so that doesn't really count, does it? XD
Old October 12th, 2011 (07:45 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Yeah, you know that creepy dude who watches you play football... yeah, that's me. What's up? Wanna hook up later? Call me!
Sure, what's your number? I'm free all week.
Old October 12th, 2011 (09:19 PM). Edited October 12th, 2011 by Melody.
My Strong Resolve
Crystal Tier

I'm very glad you did, you are quite a smart man! I've been angsting for the power to update the members list for ages, but I had no idea how many people had been left behind!

Spoiler:

People always ask me what the thing on my lip is; the idea was that I was nomming on a crucifix :P
Well, technically Halloween doesn't count. You could dress in full on drag, and/or crossdress just fine and people wouldn't care. ;)

You may want to skip the first 50 seconds...he starts off with something a bit tangental.

Totally worth watching.
Old October 12th, 2011 (09:47 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Do you sometimes enjoy doing/wearing things that folks of the opposite gender typically do? By this I don't mean full out cross dressing, I just mean crossing the gender line for things that you like.

Why do you do it? (if applicable and you feel like answering it)
I paint my nails every so often; it was originally for the purpose of reminding myself not to chew my nails, but I grew into enjoying it. I just started to find it fun to do, I still don't get it.
And, along with a few less mentionable things, I have a thing for cross-dressing, though it's mostly just skirts or dresses. I love loose clothing (as can be seen by the majority of my clothing consisting of cargo pants and baggy shirts), and I just really like the design of some women's clothes that you can't find in the mens' section, so an A-line or tiered skirt/dress works well within in my comfort zone.

I really don't mind "gender roles" as some things are definitely better left to a certain sex (such as heavy lifting for the male end of the spectrum since they generally have a stronger-built physique, and mothering for the female end for pretty obvious reasons), though there are definitely many one-sided "roles" that should work unisexually like a love of video games or sports. (My mother and her friends have proven the sports part on multiple occasions, in which they're just as rowdy as men.)

~~~~~

@-ty- Yours is definitely the better picture.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old October 13th, 2011 (07:06 AM).
DAT SNARKITUDE
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naive

Well, technically Halloween doesn't count. You could dress in full on drag, and/or crossdress just fine and people wouldn't care. ;)

You may want to skip the first 50 seconds...he starts off with something a bit tangental.

Totally worth watching.
Lol on the first part. There's actually another animal (some sort of sea-dwelling mollusc) who does the same stabbing thing, only they're hermaphroditic so it's double the fun.

@Ty: I like your picture better. Your picture ftw. xD

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old October 13th, 2011 (09:37 AM).
Silver Tier

Re: gender roles: I'm okay with things (activities, fashions, etc.) being gendered, but, you know, most aspects of gender are artificial (I say most because I can't be certain there aren't some genetic factors) so I'm not okay with the assumption of a person's biological sex determining their gender. I'd love it if people were truly free to be feminine or masculine or both or whatever. Ain't nothin' wrong with having categories and divisions in our interests and behaviors, but pushing them on people makes me very upset like you have no idea.

Ty, I'm glad you've got your priorities straight. Oh I'm so punny. I really really hope you keep your head up and don't fall into the ex-boyfriend spiral. A friend of mine keeps trying to stop falling for his awful, manipulative ex, but has a lot of trouble.

And I loved that picture from the facebook link so much I have to post it here.

Old October 13th, 2011 (09:51 AM).
Certified Responsible Adult
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Scarf:
And I loved that picture from the facebook link so much I have to post it here.

I have seen that picture a million times, and I laugh every time I see it. XD

ALSO Pachy, that video was awesome. ^__^
Old October 13th, 2011 (07:58 PM).
White Kyurem Cometh
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Ha! I've seen that picture gay marriage all over the place all over the place! Here's another cool image that Christians who bash gays have a tendency to forget:

Oh, and here's another Facebook page to report. Don't post in it, though; that supposedly makes it harder to remove. It's the Westboro Baptist Church :\
Old October 13th, 2011 (09:42 PM).
► sniper.
Crystal Tier

Hahahaha.. >__> Love that sign and that billboard.

As for those facebook pages, I get wanting to find them to report 'em, though I wouldn't be someone who would willingly look for them. It would just end up pissing me off.

[ yukimura tooru.]
Old October 13th, 2011 (10:31 PM).
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
Thanks everyone, lol. Since everyone has been so supportive, I have decided to work as a webcam model as well; anyone want a private show? ...Btw, I am totally being sarcastic, haha. I would not be able to live with myself!!!

The "love thy neighbor" passage doesn't get through to some Christians because of their parents, family, and church interpreting the bible for them, and ingraining that interpretation into their sense of morality - basically societal brainwashing!

Btw...the WBC seems to only rally LGBT and heterosexual allies, because the other side does not want to be associated with their defamatory remarks about veterans/soldiers. So they are really just helping gay people garner more support and more of a voice. :p
I reported the page

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Old October 14th, 2011 (07:49 AM).
DAT SNARKITUDE
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naive
I feel the need to join in all this picture sharing.

:D

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old October 14th, 2011 (09:59 AM). Edited October 14th, 2011 by Esper.
Silver Tier

That "love thy neighbor" line can easily be gotten around with "love the sinner; hate the sin."

In other news, a challenge in California by haters activists to remove a new law which would require schools include queer people in their teaching of history failed to get enough signatures to even be put up on the ballot. :p

Edit: also thought I'd throw in this little article that debunks some of the myths around gender differences since we were just talking about that in previous pages. Language warning though, so don't click if that's too much for you.
Old October 14th, 2011 (11:23 AM).
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Hey Ty, you're an extremely handsome guy! Though I hope you don't take what I have to say next harshly but just how I (personally) think you could've handled it better for next time. You're free to disagree.
I know you were just fooling around to one-up your ex and show that he has nothing on you anymore.. but personally I don't think you should've lowered yourself to taking undie-shots and making them public with us. It may not be a big deal to you because you're not actually showing anything and you probably don't feel uncomfortable doing so, but I think it would've been classier if you just skipped it altogether. Personally I think a guy comes off as being more handsome with a nice outfit and a great smile. BUT what's done is done and I think it's good, no AMAZING, that you've moved on to find someone who's more intimate and who is more deserving of your love.
Don't give up on trying to find the right guy for you, hun :3 *Blows kisses* <3
Old October 14th, 2011 (11:36 AM).
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Scarf:
That "love thy neighbor" line can easily be gotten around with "love the sinner; hate the sin."

In other news, a challenge in California by haters activists to remove a new law which would require schools include queer people in their teaching of history failed to get enough signatures to even be put up on the ballot. :p

Edit: also thought I'd throw in this little article that debunks some of the myths around gender differences since we were just talking about that in previous pages. Language warning though, so don't click if that's too much for you.
There still is an possibility that it will get on the ballot. November 2012 is still open. In fact, Jerry Brown signed legislation that moves all ballot initiatives to November anyway.
Old October 14th, 2011 (02:59 PM).
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Kura:
Hey Ty, you're an extremely handsome guy! Though I hope you don't take what I have to say next harshly but just how I (personally) think you could've handled it better for next time. You're free to disagree.
I know you were just fooling around to one-up your ex and show that he has nothing on you anymore.. but personally I don't think you should've lowered yourself to taking undie-shots and making them public with us. It may not be a big deal to you because you're not actually showing anything and you probably don't feel uncomfortable doing so, but I think it would've been classier if you just skipped it altogether. Personally I think a guy comes off as being more handsome with a nice outfit and a great smile. BUT what's done is done and I think it's good, no AMAZING, that you've moved on to find someone who's more intimate and who is more deserving of your love.
Don't give up on trying to find the right guy for you, hun :3 *Blows kisses* <3
Yeah, I know it was a bit too much. Oh, those are basketball shorts by the way; I am comfortable with wear just those since I am so used to scrimmaging shirts v. skins. But yes, I tend to wear sweaters/khakis/button-ups/polos/cardigans among other preppy and "square" clothing most of the time, lmao.

thanks, I hope so as well! I am going to be extremely selective next time. *catches kisses*

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Old October 14th, 2011 (03:06 PM). Edited October 14th, 2011 by Shining Raichu.
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
I disagree, I think any excuse for a man to take pictures in his underwear is a good enough one for me! :P

Also, is it wrong that I watched that video and all I could think about was how disappointed I was that that guy wasn't gay?

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old October 14th, 2011 (03:45 PM).
White Kyurem Cometh
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Hey, guys. Here's a page that dispels just about every stereotype about homosexuals. http://gaylife.about.com/od/amiga1/a/gaymyths.htm

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)