The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 8th, 2011, 04:04 PM
QazPalm
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Crystal Shards is an idea i had come up with on long car rides. It will be way diffrent than most pokemon games including. It will include things that are not normally used like...
  • A replacement to HMs
  • Pokemon will walk behind you (like in HeartGold and SoulSilver)
  • A side touch screen or bottom touch screen
  • pokehunts catch diffrent
  • realistic attributes like eating and so on...
  • RMXP
  • new tilesets
  • and more
if i anyone would like to help with scripting or animating or anything.
Old August 21st, 2011, 09:35 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by QazPalm View Post
Pokemon Crystal Shards is an idea i had come up with on long car rides. It will be way diffrent than most pokemon games including. It will include things that are not normally used like...
  • A replacement to HMs
  • Pokemon will walk behind you (like in HeartGold and SoulSilver)
  • A side touch screen or bottom touch screen
  • pokehunts catch diffrent
  • realistic attributes like eating and so on...
  • RMXP
  • new tilesets
  • and more
if i anyone would like to help with scripting or animating or anything.
This is mygame idea that i've been working on here is the orginal thread.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=230483

while i have updated it in over a year i will be shortly, and i ask that you change your game name title. please
Old August 21st, 2011, 11:17 AM
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
This is mygame idea that i've been working on here is the orginal thread.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=230483

while i have updated it in over a year i will be shortly, and i ask that you change your game name title. please
You have no claim to the Pokémon franchise, and yet you refer to your game as such. I ask, on their absent behalf, that you remove that title from your game.

That said, you also have no claim to "Crystal Shards" since you a) don't have any claim to the franchise it's named under and b) don't have any right to copyright it or lay claim to it for reason a.

I also think it's downright rude that you ask someone to do that. It's not like the guy is plagiarising you. Really, his only fault is having a barebones thread.

And to top this post off, I finish by saying to you, QazPalm, it's generally more acceptable if you format your post similarly to the way everyone else does around here, and it's usually nice if it's a bit meatier than that.

Don't listen to KingCharizard. He's being ridiculous and quite rude.
Old August 21st, 2011, 12:06 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciFICTION View Post
You have no claim to the Pokémon franchise, and yet you refer to your game as such. I ask, on their absent behalf, that you remove that title from your game.

That said, you also have no claim to "Crystal Shards" since you a) don't have any claim to the franchise it's named under and b) don't have any right to copyright it or lay claim to it for reason a.

I also think it's downright rude that you ask someone to do that. It's not like the guy is plagiarising you. Really, his only fault is having a barebones thread.

And to top this post off, I finish by saying to you, QazPalm, it's generally more acceptable if you format your post similarly to the way everyone else does around here, and it's usually nice if it's a bit meatier than that.

Don't listen to KingCharizard. He's being ridiculous and quite rude.
Dude how am i the rude one? you just flamed me for asking that he change the title and i asked nicely. If i didnt know any better this is your second account and on your other account i said something to you that you didnt like, i actually have my new thread waiting on celbra to accept it now, which i did last night, however i have every rite to request a change. Since i have worked on and made progress on my game. yeah it sat on my computer for the last 8 months with no progress however my project was in development first, but besides who was here first, my game has actual progress, as far as i can tell this is just a bullet list of features... And i'm not the first person to make a request for a game that has the same name to change it but somehow i'm being ridiculous, wow....
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:07 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Realistically, neither of you should bother using crystal shards.

A quick google search reveals that there is a hack with the same name, It has a 22 page thread on pokecommunity though it was locked in 2008.

It's all over the first few pages of google, and will likely be the first link for quite some time. (it will probably be the top search until your threads go over 22 pages)
if either one of you stick with crystal shards, then it's likely a lot of potential hits will be absorbed by the hack...

always google the name before taking it.
Old September 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
QazPalm
Beginning Trainer

KingCharizard is right so i changed my screenname to DarkDusk and posted a diffrent game name and it has more stuff on it and i worked much harder on it the game is called pokemon Dark Dusk it is in the same catigory as this one. so sorry Charizard dude

KingCharizard is right so i changed my screenname to DarkDusk and posted a diffrent game name and it has more stuff on it and i worked much harder on it the game is called pokemon Dark Dusk it is in the same catigory as this one. so sorry Charizard dude

Last edited by QazPalm; September 5th, 2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 17th, 2011, 09:47 AM
QazPalm
Beginning Trainer

well that was a fail i tried making a new profile like i had said but i cant so im stuck with this on so i did try to post pokemon Dark Dusk but i dont think it worked soooo again i am going to repost my game under a different name if u have any recommendations on a name please tell me and i cant figure out how to post pictures on a post. it says insert a url but my pics are on my computer not the internet sooo...
Old September 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by QazPalm View Post
well that was a fail i tried making a new profile like i had said but i cant so im stuck with this on so i did try to post pokemon Dark Dusk but i dont think it worked soooo again i am going to repost my game under a different name if u have any recommendations on a name please tell me and i cant figure out how to post pictures on a post. it says insert a url but my pics are on my computer not the internet sooo...
Get a PhotoBucket account, upload your photos there and it'll give you a IMG code and you put that in a post and you image shall appear :3

You NEED to have 15 posts or more to do so though.
Old September 18th, 2011, 02:30 PM
QazPalm
Beginning Trainer

what about deviant art cuz i have that too
Old September 19th, 2011, 04:43 AM
ツタージャ
Tsutarja - Snivy - Smugleaf

As DarkDoom300 said, change the name or cancel the project. You can't use this name, nor KingCharizard. Because this was taken as a ROM hack name and before you decide the project..
CSS By Hybrid Trainer
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ツタージャ View Post
As DarkDoom300 said, change the name or cancel the project. You can't use this name, nor KingCharizard. Because this was taken as a ROM hack name and before you decide the project..
Names a name, doesn't matter if anyone uses it, cause one of the games wont get completed anyway.
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Guys, seriously look how much progress his done.. who cares?
Old October 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM
ShadowReshiramMaster
Beginning Trainer

Guys, I can't find the thread I posted on... It has my game idea, and I don't remember which thread I posted on. If you see a post on a thread by me, please contact meh. The game idea was called Pokémon Obsedian.
Old October 17th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReshiramMaster View Post
Guys, I can't find the thread I posted on... It has my game idea, and I don't remember which thread I posted on. If you see a post on a thread by me, please contact meh. The game idea was called Pokémon Obsedian.
I can guess that you thread was either deleted or not approved.
Old October 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM
cruciFICTION
A Cruciform Kaleidoscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReshiramMaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

I can guess that you thread was either deleted or not approved.
Either Ash is right, or maybe you should just go to your profile and view all the posts you've ever done and look through them. I mean, it's seriously not hard. Instead of wasting time making even more annoying posts on threads like this that are basically dead.

Sponsored Links