The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1001    
Old October 15th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Gropius eh?
Grovyle + Tropius anyone?
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #1002    
Old October 15th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Frostik
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
Yeah, I suppose even bmgf has rules about not shipping people with themselves XD
XD Nah, no such rules. Everything is free game, as long as it exists in canon. Because they do have self-ships. And that one ship with cities. And Miror B./his music....or did I imagine that one? I just don't wanna give it to them. Funny as it is, it's pointless.
__________________
I don't need my freedom.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
  #1003    
Old October 19th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Tachibana Azumi's Avatar
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: the demon world, ho
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Natural Harmonia Gropius sounds incredibly stupid. Who the hell names his kid Natural??? (Okay fine, Ghetsis might have something to do with this sea-in as he's one of the worst fathers that could ever exist : / )

But Gropius? Seriously? What does that even mean? I probably missed something here, but Gropius is just so terrible.
__________________
  #1004    
Old October 19th, 2011, 06:34 PM
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Quote:
But Gropius? Seriously? What does that even mean? I probably missed something here, but Gropius is just so terrible.
Gropius must mean the kid groped with Pokemon all his life since he never hung out with humans. He's too cool for human relationships. Which is why we have this fandom.
  #1005    
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Jorah's Avatar
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Britland
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Pokemon shipping used to be fun. Then BW took an arrow to the knee...
  #1006    
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:07 PM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I'm starting to love Chili x Iris now. I think it's called Cherryshipping.
__________________
  #1007    
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Anna's Avatar
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
I'm still shipping Chili x Aurea. <33 MoltenGold~
__________________
Without Regret

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
  #1008    
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Frostik
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPikastar View Post
I'm starting to love Chili x Iris now. I think it's called Cherryshipping.
DarkCherryshipping.

Cherryshipping is something a bit more girl-oriented.
__________________
I don't need my freedom.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
  #1009    
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:17 PM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
DarkCherryshipping.

Cherryshipping is something a bit more girl-oriented.
I almost had it. I couldn't remember if it was DarkCherryshipping or Cherryshipping.
__________________
  #1010    
Old December 11th, 2011, 09:51 AM
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Quote:
Pokemon shipping used to be fun. Then BW took an arrow to the knee...
Now this makes the most sense.

Who thinks Pokemon should be like Skyrim?
  #1011    
Old December 12th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Jorah's Avatar
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Britland
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Theft of sweetrolls up by 10,000% and Ash finally ends his adventures of becoming a Pokemon master after taking an arrow in the knee. Scratch that, Spearow in the knee.

But seriously, that would be amazing. The exploration of towns would be aaamaaaaazing, and so much choice on whether you could be good or evil...which would mean Game Freak wouldn't do it. But Pokemon with Skyrim exploration would be great, yes.
  #1012    
Old December 12th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Great originality guys, I'm so bored of seeing that meme. I wouldn't change Pokémon like that at all, Skyrim is too hardcore.

BW has so much shipping potential.
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #1013    
Old December 12th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Jorah's Avatar
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Britland
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Mew~ used to be a cool user. Then he took an arrow meme in the knee...its been there since March 2009. This joke still makes me laugh, I don't know if its because it's that I only noticed it one week ago, or it's just me...it's me. kewl song

I feel like none of the BW ships are that great. At least everything with Barry or Paul was funny or cute. The dragon buster girl is cool...and Dento's rival is pretty fun in an annoying way, but all other supporting characters don't seem that great (Trip, Kenyan) or annoying (Bel). And so I suppose I'm limited to what I can support this series round D: I am still hoping for N to improve the series.
  #1014    
Old December 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
BW is starting to have a lot of shipping clips/hints in the anime. Wishfulshipping is starting to show more and so is Negaishipping which is what I'm loving about BW.
__________________
  #1015    
Old December 13th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Frostik
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nature: Serious
I wouldn't agree BW's "is starting to have" anything related to Wishful and Negai, unless you mean the dub and not the originals, since the last seven episodes from Japan were so barren of anything that wasn't a plotdrive for each episode, focusing much more on outsider characters than the group (which leads to Trip on Alder, Axew on Scraggy, Chili on Cress [and not even Cilan], Cilan fawning over Charles and Charles with a sorta-girlfriend, Iris and the Deino, Ash and Robert).

The last thing remotely Negaishipping was the last Subway Master episode (and even then, Cilan was more concrete in his admiration of the twins than Ash and Iris were during their "date"). Wishfulshipping seems to be suffering too, if you think Iris's mutterings at him were tired exasperation on her part whenever he overdid it in the fawning department (because they're easily more that than her liking him and wanting him to get over himself [or whatever]).
__________________
I don't need my freedom.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
  #1016    
Old December 14th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
I wouldn't agree BW's "is starting to have" anything related to Wishful and Negai, unless you mean the dub and not the originals, since the last seven episodes from Japan were so barren of anything that wasn't a plotdrive for each episode, focusing much more on outsider characters than the group (which leads to Trip on Alder, Axew on Scraggy, Chili on Cress [and not even Cilan], Cilan fawning over Charles and Charles with a sorta-girlfriend, Iris and the Deino, Ash and Robert).

The last thing remotely Negaishipping was the last Subway Master episode (and even then, Cilan was more concrete in his admiration of the twins than Ash and Iris were during their "date"). Wishfulshipping seems to be suffering too, if you think Iris's mutterings at him were tired exasperation on her part whenever he overdid it in the fawning department (because they're easily more that than her liking him and wanting him to get over himself [or whatever]).
This is all lies.

Was going to use this for the caption contest. xD;
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #1017    
Old December 14th, 2011, 05:08 AM
AshPikastar's Avatar
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

This is all lies.

Was going to use this for the caption contest. xD;
I'll love you for that Mew! That was such an adorable Wishfulshipping moment.
__________________
  #1018    
Old December 14th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Frostik
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

This is all lies.

Was going to use this for the caption contest. xD;
All lies?

You picked one moment out of a whole seven episodes and it's the one where Iris was terrified of the Vanillite and had a natural reaction because that's how she handles her fear (by not running but trying to put herself between something and it [and her back counts; it's to remind us she's a girl, compared to how Cilan reacts to his dislike of Purrloin])?

She could have hid behind Ash and everyone would be calling it a Negai hint. So no, not all lies. :B And the reason she could not have hid behind Ash was because he was about to battle and the animators wanted only him of the three kids to battle (and especially unhindered), meaning Cilan had to be it by default, since they /had/ to have Iris react to Vanillite's presence, and this shot doesn't even show that Cilan was completely surprised/shocked/unsettled she used him. Scene way out of context (and context is everything); it's just something cute, but it's a far cry from being a real hint or even a shippy moment.
__________________
I don't need my freedom.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
  #1019    
Old December 14th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Mew~'s Avatar
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostik View Post
All lies?

You picked one moment out of a whole seven episodes and it's the one where Iris was terrified of the Vanillite and had a natural reaction because that's how she handles her fear (by not running but trying to put herself between something and it [and her back counts; it's to remind us she's a girl, compared to how Cilan reacts to his dislike of Purrloin])?

She could have hid behind Ash and everyone would be calling it a Negai hint. So no, not all lies. :B And the reason she could not have hid behind Ash was because he was about to battle and the animators wanted only him of the three kids to battle (and especially unhindered), meaning Cilan had to be it by default, since they /had/ to have Iris react to Vanillite's presence, and this shot doesn't even show that Cilan was completely surprised/shocked/unsettled she used him. Scene way out of context (and context is everything); it's just something cute, but it's a far cry from being a real hint or even a shippy moment.
^ This is an example of over analysing.

By all that logic half of the hints pointed out in the anime are wrong. There isn't any fun in that. So yeah.

I picked out one moment for you, seeing as you said there had been no interactions at all. I'd say they could have let Iris run and hide behind a bunch of boxes. But maybe she ran behind Cilan because she thought of him as a protective figure.

It's also really funny that her face is by his butt.
__________________
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

  #1020    
Old December 14th, 2011, 04:41 PM
ZeroX5's Avatar
ZeroX5
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Regardless of what ship the writers are going for in Iris...be it Negai or Wishful..it's bound to be one-sided on Iris' part. Cilan isn't going to go for a 10 year old girl, he hasn't shown an interest in any girls in general. Nothing needs to be said about Ash, since he's clueless as all hell.

I suppose someone could come along and develop a mutual/one-sided crush on her, but I thought it would have happened by now. Drew, and May interest in each other was already established by this point in the series (60 episodes), as was Kenny's interest in Dawn
  #1021    
Old December 15th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Frostik
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

^ This is an example of over analysing.

By all that logic half of the hints pointed out in the anime are wrong. There isn't any fun in that. So yeah.

I picked out one moment for you, seeing as you said there had been no interactions at all. I'd say they could have let Iris run and hide behind a bunch of boxes. But maybe she ran behind Cilan because she thought of him as a protective figure.

It's also really funny that her face is by his butt.
Well yeah they're wrong.

It's also not a "moment", as I explained, because I can easily argue he was simply the most convenient obstacle there was, and he clearly wasn't battling, so how would he have protected her? He certainly didn't try after knowing she was using him as a shield, since none of his pokémon even made an appearance.

Shipping is fun in general, but it's aggravating that people tote, "This is evidence!" when it's really nothing more than their shipping goggles in place. Call this scene cute (it is funny), but if people are so starved for their couples that they would grip to the tiniest, not remotely evidential things, then bweh? Seeing characters interact is one thing, but you have to over-analyze if you even want to call it a hint or evidence.

Because I never said there were no interactions ; I said there was nothing shippy in the last seven episodes. You claim that scene is shippy. It's not, so my point still stands.



Though personally, I don't think they are aiming to give Iris a bona fied love interest between the two of them. She certainly treats them as bros, and that's as unromantic as you can get.
__________________
I don't need my freedom.

I own an incomplete nightmare,
my Neverending Romance

When shall it end?
  #1022    
Old December 15th, 2011, 07:40 PM
RubyJB88's Avatar
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nim
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Or that Cilan likes it in the butt. Or Iris wants his butt. <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroX5
Drew, and May interest in each other was already established by this point in the series (60 episodes), as was Kenny's interest in Dawn
But Kenny's interest in Dawn was one-sided whereas May and Drew's wasn't? Seems to me that May found something in Drew. Dawn just shot Kenny's advances down in that "letter".
  #1023    
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:44 PM
NiallC
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Snivy + Bulbasaur = Snulbasaur <3

You know that when Ash returns home Snivy and Bulbasaur are gonna be there chilling with Bulbasaur going "Yeah, I own this place. Charizard thinks he's hard but he's off training coz he's week you get me. Shame I'm always having to look after everyone, I'm always babysitting."

That's where Snivy realises they have something in common and is like "Sames. Oshawott thought he was all that but couldn't do jack and was scared of opening his eyes in water the idiot. And I was always babysitting Axew and Scraggy when they ran off. I ran things in Unova."

And then that's where Bulbasaur realises that they're perfrect for each other so picks Snivy up using Vine Whip and spins round with her and runs off with her for some fun, then Heracross tries to follow so Snivy's uses Leaf Storm to blow him away before using Attract on Bulbasaur to confirm the deal and they live happily ever after.



You know this is a real thing.....
__________________
Snulbasaur <3
  #1024    
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Jorah's Avatar
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Britland
Age: 23
Gender: Female
This is the most legit theory posted in this thread or a while. Snulbasaur...I like saying it.
  #1025    
Old December 27th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Azureth's Avatar
Azureth
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Could you see Dawn and Paul becoming a couple had the series continued?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC8hS...eature=related
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:09 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.