• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon's Breath (Rated T)

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Dragon's Breath
Rated: T (For violence, blood, and romance)

Intro:
There was once an egg. An egg that came into a world of wonder and strange magic. But this egg was no ordinary egg, for it would bring two warring races to come to peace. The egg hatched for a boy, and from that egg came a dragon. This dragon was hatched in a time of war, where dragons were at war with the elves and humans. The boy pitied the small dragon however, and instead of killing it, he raised it in secret. Once the dragon had grown, the boy and dragon showed themselves to the races, and the two sides of the war came to peace because of the dragon from the egg.

And thus was born the Dragon Riders.
Story:

Hundreds of years later, all three of the races have grown strong and profitable under the watchful eye of the dragon riders, who have been keeping the peace ever since the last Dragon War. Tensions have been growing lately, due to the fact that human settlers have been moving closer and closer to the mountains where the dragons dwell in search of more land and precious ores. The land that the humans are seizing is taking away from the dragons hunting grounds, and prey is slowly becoming scarcer for the dragons.

It is inevitable that violence will break out by now. Our story picks up only afew weeks after a group of dragons ambush a group of humans and elves meeting to discuss a trade proposal and an extension to their allegiance to each other. Among the group are the human King's son, Drake, and the elf King's daughter,Lirael. Few soldiers escape the ambush, and when the soldiers return the next morning, soldier's bodies litter the ground. They are unable to find the bodies of the Prince and Princess however,and assume that they have been kidnapped by the dragons. They group quickly spreads out and carries the news across the land until it reaches the ears of the leaders of all the races.

Both the elves and humans are enraged by this, and immediately demand that the Prince and Princess be returned immediately unharmed. The dragons deny all knowledge of the event. The Humans and Elves then declare war upon the dragons,and the dragons declare war on both the elves and humans. The Dragon Riders attempt to intervene, but are quickly pushed aside in the anger of all three races. Now war has broken out, and the dragon riders are caught in between the battle lines.

But unknown to all, darker powers are at play…..
You:

You will be one of three sides, the Humans/Elves,the Dragons, or the Dragon Riders.

Humans/Elves (4 Positions, 2 humans and 2 elves)
As a human/elf, your job is to combat the dragons. The King is sending a group of four soldiers, two elves and two humans, into the mountains to conduct a raid on the dragons in their caves. Both humans and elves are capable of using magic, although elves are faster and stronger than humans.
Dragons (4 positions)

As a dragon, your job is to conduct raids on human and elf cities, as well as keep a lookout for human or elf raiding parties trying to invade the mountains of your home. As a dragon, you can breathe fire and fly (obviously).
Dragon Riders (4 Positions)

Being a dragon rider will be the hardest for a roleplayer to play as, so you have been warned. Only the best applications can get this position. By being a dragon rider, you will have to choose for yourself which side your allegiances lie with, and help them. You will also have to dig deeper into why the dragons attacked the human platoon in the firstplace. Also by being a dragon rider, you will have to control 2 characters, the rider and the dragon. They can communicate through their mind, much like the Eragon series.
Rules:

1. No Godmodding/ Bunnying: No making other people's characters do things or OHKO or perfect accuracy or anything. It's not nice and makes a roleplay less fun.
  2. Post at least two times a week, although more is preferable.
  3. On the flip side, don't post so much that people can't keep up. Remember, Roleplays are for entertainment.
  4. Don't double post, unless a post is too long to fit in one post.
  5. Romance is allowed, but let's keep it at T please.
  6. Keep the swearing to a minimum. A good roleplayer can get their point across without swearing!
  7. Keep the gore to a minimum as well. Some blood is ok, but no guts and gore.
  8. Have Fun!
Human/Elf
Spoiler:

Dragon
Spoiler:

Dragon Rider
(Provide info for both dragon and rider or write 2 applications for both characters)
Spoiler:

When writing your applications, please put some time and effort into these. Remember that only the best will be picked once applications are filled up.
Sample/My Character
Spoiler:

Positions Available
Elves/Humans (4 positions, 2 of each):

Garet (Jamal Kifius)
Daginja (Kira)
Raikiri (Sir Siegfried Wagnar)

Dragons (4 Positions):

Godzil (Praxis)
Charzeon (Baiyon)
CyBestSaber (reserved)

Dragon Riders (4 Positions):

Nideous (Lika Forbin/Azure)
Xulgon Pyro (Xoxxa and Xgok)
Fortworth96 (Reserved)

Last edited:

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Hey, to all who look at this and are interested, please remember to post you Sign Ups in the OCC thread, just to keep this one nice looking. :) I am looking forward to RPing with you all!

Also, I would like to thank Skymin for fixing the formating on the overview, my computer got very angry with me last night. :P Thanks Skymin!

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Hey guys! Well, it is now Saturday! And as promised, you now have a shiny new RP to play with! Ok, joking aside, please read the part that pertains to you, read the others if you wish. Make sure to post ASAP so that we can get this thing moving! (And by ASAP I mean as soon as you are able, so...ASAYAA?) :)

Humans and Elves

You have been summoned by both the human and elf Kings to the city of Ilarna, an unbreachable stronghold made by both human and elvish hands. The high walled city looms above you as you walk in the front gate, and a gaurd checks you authentication. You make your way through the city, messangers and other soldiers running past, preparing for war. after an hour of walking, you arrive at the citadel. You walk in, and again a gaurd checks your authenitication. You wait inmaptiently untill the gaurd hands you your papers back, and you begin to walk again into the citadel. You make your way through the maze of corridors, eventually arriving in the map room with about half a dozen other soldiers. Now you wait for orders, and for the rest of the soldiers to arrive...

Dragons

You are flying around the mountains where you live when another smaller dragon approaches you. He tells you that the Elders would like to see you. You fly straight towards Argunthel, a dormant volcano that the Elders decided to use to hold meetings. Upon reaching Argunthel, you land, and begin to walk through the tunnels. The tunnels are like a maze, made by pressure and lava, but this is not your first time here. You know the way. When you reach the central cavern, you see eleven old dragons arguing among each other, trying to decide the beast way to attack. Another dragon approaches you and tells you to wait for the other summoned dragons to arrive...

Dragon Riders

You recently got a message from Alanea (your character may or may not know mine, thats up to you), saying to meet her and Smaug at the location where the original ambush that started the war occured. You decide to go, and you and your dragon set off. After a long ride, you arrive at the clearing and you settle down to wait for any other Dragon Riders that might arrive.

Well, there you go guys. Oh, and one post per person until everyone has posted, ok?

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
(OOC: Woot! We're starting! :D)

Lika awoke from her sleep with a soft groan. She opened her eyes and immediately closed them again. That sky was too bright. She felt someone buzzing in her mind. Surprisingly, this lowered her headache from her wanting to slice her own head off and be done with it to her wanting to bang her head on the closest wall, or tree, or anything hard.

"Ugh... I am never drinking again..." Lika murmered as she put her hand over her face. Apparently, her eyelids weren't enough to shut out all the light.

"You say that everytime you have a hangover... But it doesn't stop you," Azure accused in her mind. Lika waved her off.

"Ugh... I swear I rented a room last night... What am I doing out here with you?" Lika asked. She didn't really remember anything from last night. Well, that's not true. She had just finished a rather good paying job, and had gone to the tavern to celebrate. After that, it was a blur.

"You started a bar fight, and they threw you out into the street like the rest of the trash. I came and picked you up before you could go back in and kill them all. Now, we are just outside of town. I've been waiting for you wake up before we go," Azure said smugly. Lika opened her eyes again and found she was face to face with a great big blue dragon. Actually, that was a lie. She was face to face with Azure. Azure was a very small dragon. And she was not going to be getting any bigger. She was a young dragon, and as such, she wasn't capable of sustained flight and flame for very long. But even so, she was the best friend Lika ever had. Lika remembered how she had met. She had won the egg in a game of cards, if you can believe that. Azure moved her head out of the way and Lika stood up. She immediately regretted this decision, and placed her hand on Azure, leaning heavily as she regained her balance. She then swung herself into the saddle she had made for the dragon and slumped forward against her neck. Lika pushed her short blue hair out of her eyes and put her other hand on the pommel of her sword.

"So, shall we go?" Lika asked. Azure sent her an agreement and then did the last thing Lika expected. She opened her wings and took off into the air. Lika let out a yelp and nearly fell off her back.

"Azure! You know better than to fly when I'm hung over!" Lika protested. She scowled, now fully awake, and strapped her legs in so she wouldn't fall off. A precaution she had devised after that had happened during their first flight. Azure strained her wings to gain more altitude and sent Lika what was going on. Lika grimaced. So, Alanea and Smaug wanted to meet with them, did they? Hm...

"I hope you can make this flight!" Lika said, now thoroughly awake.

Several hours later, Azure crash landed in the clearing. The young dragon heaved and curled herself up. Lika got off of her back and drew her sword, expecting an ambush. Her finely honed senses didn't detect anything, but that meant nothing. Growing bored, she sat down next to Azure and patted the dragon comfortingly. Time to wait...

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Istalri's lithe form made its way up a tree where she hid in the thickest leaves. A few moments later there was rustling and shouts as a few other elves ran by in chase. She grinned as the went right beneath her. She leaped down from her perch and began to walk back to Ellesméra. She had did not get far before she felt another presence touch her mind. She turned her gaze to the sky and watched as a large, icy blue dragon swooped down toward her. The dragon was at least 60 feet long, with a wing span twice as long. The beast snorted and bent her head down so she could look the elf in the eye.

"What did you do this time? The elders are in a frenzy," Draumr questioned.

Istalri shrugged nonchalantly and said, "It wasn't all that bad. I just spelled their doors shut."

In reply the dragon used her claw to pick the elf up by the cloak. "We'll talk about this later. For now, Alanea has called for us to meet her and Smaug at the place where the ambush took place. I suggest we get going."

Her companion was relieved by this. Getting discipline lessons from Draumr was not something she enjoyed. Istalri mounted the dragon, the saddle already being in place. Draumr waited patiently while she fixed her straps before taking off into the big blue. They flew swiftly of the forest of Du Weldenvarden, the trees going by in a blur. Draumr's wings moved powerfully through the air as the sped by. They arrived at the clearing in time to see another rider make a crash landing. "Be polite and don't say anything about it. If you aren't nice I'll snap your bow in half," Draumr's voice growled in Istalri's mind.

She merely rolled her eyes and replied, "Sure you will." The dragon gave another warning growl than landed gently on the soft grass. She folded her wings and the elf jumped off of Draumr's back and removed the saddle from her back. The mighty beast layed down on her stomach and set her head down, watching Istalri with one eye. Istalri slipped her bow from her back and began polishing the wood. Now all they had to do was wait...

Last edited:

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Powerfull wingbeats battered the crisp spring air, creating eddies in the wind behind the large beast. The wings belonged to a magnificent dragon, a creature filled with immensely stong muscles, who was flying about the cumulas clouds that dotted the fair blue sky. The dragon was of a gray-blue hue, and was large and strong enough to carry multiple beings at once if need be. The creature flew through the sky, playing with the winds and the clouds, as if they were actual beings that laughed and entertained the dragon.

A small being on the ground emerged from a wooden building where she had stayed for the past few days. The elf, for it was an elf, stared up at the sky for a moment, watching the dragon dive in and out of the puffy white clouds scattered in the sky. She looked away after a moment and made herself busy preparing for the journey which was to come. She gathered some tools ouside of the cabin before returning inside to gether more materials.

Half an hour later, the elf returned outside, this time with a couple large packs slung over her shoulder. She once again stared up at the playing dragon, not wanting to disturb his moment of bliss. She allowed him another fifteen minutes before finally deciding to call him. She reached out with her mind, her conscience touching his, and gave him a brief message. Smaug, it is time to go.

The dragon made no effort to reply, but obeyed and began to weave his way among the clouds to return to the cabin. After a few minutes, the dragon came in to land, the powerfull strokes from his wings sending ripples of wind that caused the thin patches of grass to lie flat upon the ground and even the mighty trees swayed upon the onslaught of rushing air. Smaug touched down with a thump, his claws landing heavily on the ground which had been packed under the snow for so many months. The elf slowly approached the dragon, and laid her hand upon his snout. How are we going to do this Smaug? she asked him.

Smaug closed his eyes and replied, I dont know Alanea, but we will. For the sake of all who live in this land, we will.

Alanea smiled at the dragon, and set about preparing for flight. She first secured the riding saddle, ensuring that the straps were tight against the dragon's chest. Then she attached the two bags from the cabin to the saddle. Finally, she climged on herself and strapped her legs in so that she would not fall off in mid-flight. Both dragon and rider sat there for a moment, just enjoying each others company and thinking upon their future. Eventually, Smaug stood up and began to stretch his wings, getting ready to take off. Ready? Smaug asked. Yes. Came the reply, and with that Smaug sprung into the air, fully extending his wings to get the maximum possible thrust. The dragon and rider flew among the clouds, prepared to overcome any obstacle to reach their goal.

OCC: Hey guys, I am going to keep this short for the dragon rider's sake, as one of them still has to post his SU, so I am holding off for another day at most. As for everyone else, nobody else has posted yet, so please do so soon!

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Kira makes her round of the town, silently doing her job and helping the citizens. She stops at every house, checks her bag, and quickly moves on. This day would be her last, and she wants no mistakes. She had received a scroll earlier that day, addressed to her, telling her that she was needed elsewhere, but she had to finish this last job. Finally, she reaches the last house. She pulls a leather-wrapped parcel out of her satchel, approaching the house. This is it. This is the last one. She knocks on the door, holding the parcel firmly, but delicately. The door opens, a man stepping forward to see who it is. Kira gives a small smile. "I brought you your mail!"

Later, Kira is on the road, headed to Ilarna. She looks back at the city she had just left, with her simple life and job as a mail carrier, almost sad to leave it behind. But she was also a soldier. Only on the weekends, but still a soldier, and her superiors had summoned her for a special assignment. And both the Elf King and the Human King had put their seals on the letter! Kira looks forward, full of anticipation, but also excitement. The journey takes the better part of two weeks, but she finally arrives, the city walls looming above her as she walks in the front gate, and a guard checks her authentication.

Kira makes her way through the city, messangers and other soldiers running past, preparing for war. Soldiers and messangers, she thinks as she steps out of their way. Just like me. But they don't have to go meet with the Royalty. Wonder why I was chosen? After an hour of walking, Kira arrives at the citadel. She is momentarily awed by the majestic building, but hurries inside before anyone gets suspicious. A guard stops her, checking her authentication. He looks her up and down, appraising her. His eyes linger on her face, particularly the eyepatch, and he raises an eyebrow at the satchel slung over her shoulder, noticing the postal insignia sewn into it. He checks the papers one more time, then hands them back to Kira and waves her through.

She makes her way through the maze of corridors, eventually arriving in the map room with about half a dozen other soldiers. She quietly finds a place out of the way, a little nervous about the situation. She tries to keep her distance from the group of soldiers already present, hearing a few mention that others should be arriving soon. Kira lets them talk, glancing at the maps on the table.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
What is an over-sized, flightless lizard to do? Well, run, of course. The heavy woodland would certainly make for a bumpy and nauseating journey, but it's the only method of travel for land-bound creatures. Xgok is one of them. Weaving and leaping through the woodwork, Xoxaa clenched on to her saddle tightly and keeps her body low to Xgok's so that the ride is smoother. Still, the ride gives the girl an obstacle of her own, dodging lone branches and plants that may swipe her if she's not careful.

Do you think we're close? inquires Xoxaa, clinging tightly to Xgok's reigns.

Kicking up dirt and leaves as he scurries across the woodland's foliage, he responds with We should be. I can smell something up ahead. It could be an ambush though, so keep an eye out.

Lifting her head up slightly, she begins inspecting her surroundings. Sounds like a plan.

The two of them had received a note from some strangers only a week ago, telling them to meet somewhere nearby. It was a gamble, given the recent violence that had begun between mortals and dragons. However, Xgok cared deeply for this conflict, and Xoxaa had answers she wanted as well, and no enemy or forest would keep them from it. The two of them in agreement, set out to meet with this Alanea and her companion Smaug, but who they might be and what they want is still a mystery. Perhaps they'll give them some answers regarding the regional politics as of late.

Suddenly, Xgok digs his claws in to the soft forest dirt, stopping and tossing Xoxaa forward, slamming in to his neck.

Sorry about that, he apologizes, looking back to check on her health.

I smell dragons, declares Xgok, now looking up, facing in front of him. There! A bright blue one!

Xoxaa looks up, catching the fly-by of a smaller dragon, probably not much bigger than Xgok. Even more surprising was what Xoxaa saw on the dragon. It was a girl!

There's a girl riding her! notifies Xoxaa in alarm.

I guess this must involve dragon riders, ponders Xgok, shifting his gaze slightly to his right where the other dragon rider went and beginning to move again towards the meeting spot.

Huh. I never thought of US as a dragon rider team, but I guess it makes sense, ponders Xoxaa, clenching her dragon's reigns as they take off in pursuit of the waiting spot.

After a bit of travel, weaving through the dense woods and in some cases even hacking down a few small trees, Xoxaa and Xgok approached the meeting spot, and of course they wouldn't be the first ones to arrive.

They're here! The dragon and the girl from before, but there are others as well. I'm approaching cautiously, warns Xgok, prowling through the area as they make it to the clearing.

Xoxaa, equally cautious, keeps her hands near her blades, sitting on her dragon as they come out of the woods, visible to the others there, and keep a sharp eye on the other riders who arrived before them.

We're here. Let's hope this is worthwhile, conveys Xoxaa to her dragon, concerned over the purpose of this meeting.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
Years
Baiyun flew about the mountain chain he called home. The white dragon had just finished his early morning training. His claws ached from the boulders he held up and his middle body felt a bit sore from all of twisting he did in the air. However, he still enjoyed the feel of wind under his wing and the rush of air as he moved from draft to draft.

Baiyun flapped his wings and rose on a gust of wind that helped him. He kept flapping his wings until he was able to rise above the peaks. Once he reached the top, Baiyun flared his feathered wings and turned his body so that it was as if he was standing in the air. He turned his gaze downward to look upon his little kingdom. The white dragon love this land...which was why he had no intention of letting the humans or elves get their dirty hands on it.

It was then that he noticed a small shape in the shape of a dragon and flapping it's wings like made. With a sigh, Baiyun angled his body towards the shape and folded his wings against his body. He began a dive that raced through the air and clouds. When he was still a good distance above the small dragon, her flared his wings again and slowed his decent greatly.

I believe you're looking for me. Baiyun said mentally, startling the little brown thing.

Ah! Lord Baiyun...I didn't sense you... the smaller dragon said flapping his wings to give the much larger dragon more room. I hope you excuse the interruption, but I have a very important message. The Elders wish to see you right away!

Baiyun nodded. He was happy to see that the Elders asked for him. Perhaps they finally realized how good he was! I thank you comrade for bringing me this message. May the winds favour your wings. The white dragon said and bowed his head slightly before flying off to Argunthel.

It took some time and Baiyun had to rest a couple times, but he did make it to the dormant volcano. He folded his wings tightly against his scaled body and made the familiar route towards the center. When he reached the room, he saw the Elders in furious argument. The white dragon gave a sigh and moved to the side and sat down, waiting for them to be done.

Years
Praxis sits on a flat surface, surveying his kingdom. The stone village, built from rocks, stood next to a small forest, in reality a few fallen trees placed haphazardly. A pair of mountain goats lay near the giant dragon, to speak for the village. Praxis adjusts his crown, looking at his subjects. He growls to them, speaking in the dragon language. "Elven village not pay tribute to Praxis this month. Not pay last month. Instead prepare for war with Praxis. Elves bad. What elves have to say?" The goats, being dead, say nothing. Praxis grabs one, tossing it in the air and swallowing it whole.

"Wrong answer! Elves not drive away Praxis! Praxis king!" He grabs the other goat, biting it in half and eating it slowly. He roars loudly, smashing the little three little "buildings" he had set up, then exhaling a jet of fire on the wood pile, setting it ablaze. He stands on his hind legs, using his tail for balance, and lets out a louder roar.

Playing with your toys again, Praxis? a voice echoes in his head. A small dragon soars down, hovering in front of Praxis. The massive brown glares at the new arrival, still standing tall. He answers mentally. What you want? Why you bother Praxis now?

The small dragon just grins. The Elders wish to speak with you, Praxis. Right now. Unless you're too busy, that is. The small dragon's grin vanishes. That was a joke. They want to see you right away. He flies away, leaving an annoyed Praxis behind. Praxis takes off, flying towards the Elders' mountain. He angrily follows the small dragon. Ever since arriving in these mountains, other dragons treated him differently. Praxis didn't much care for any of them, but he couldn't just ignore a direct summons from the Elders.

When he arrives at the ancient volcano, Praxis dives into the room, landing near a large white. He sits down grumpily, watching the Elders argue. They send for you too? he asks Baiyun.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
A Special Summons

What had he done to deserve this kind of summons? It couldn't have been only that Jamal had been a well-known soldier. There were several of those. Perhaps it was his experience. Or maybe it was something else entirely.

Most likely to do with this war, Jamal thought to himself. He stopped his brown stallion, Lester, before dismounting. The walls of Ilarna towered above him as he led his horse, which carried most of his possessions, through the front gate. The guard asked for authentication, looking over it before handing it back to Jamal without a hint of recognition. Perhaps it had been long enough that there wouldn't be many people left who remembered Jamal Kifius. Yet, someone must have had a reason for sending him the scroll with the Kings' seals.

Jamal continued to walk towards the citadel, passing multiple people on the way. Many of them were soldiers, others he recognized as messengers. It had been hundreds of years since the last war with dragons, though. How many people today knew what it could cost in terms of lives? How many today knew how to bring down one dragon, let alone several? Jamal pondered this as he arrived at the citadel a while later, handing over his authentication papers to the guard here. This time, when the guard handed the papers back, his gaze lingered on the scar that ran across Jamal's face.

After leaving Lester in the nearby stables and a coin in the hostler's hands, Jamal walked through the corridors of the citadel. He remembered being posted in this place as a guard at one time. At the time, it had been relatively...boring. It wasn't long before Jamal found the map room. Several soldiers were conversing with each other, it seemed, and an elf was standing away from them. She seemed a little nervous.
Jamal checked the sword that hung from his belt to see that it was still tight in its sheath, then leaned against a bare spot on one wall, on the opposite side of the room from the elf. He would join in the discussion when invited to do so. Until something happened...time to wait.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
"So the King summoned you himself, my lord? To participate in what they are calling the next great Dragon War?"

"Who else would he call? The King knows that in order to ascertain a quick victory, he must demand the services of the best. My deeds have not gone unnoticed obviously. In all likelihood, I will lead a force of the most skilled knights into glorious battle, slay the dragons in one deadly swoop and have my name engraved into the annals of history."

Siegfried rode his beloved white stallion, Hera, at a calm pace on the sole road to the city of Ilarna, a legendary unbreathable stronghold constructed by the greatest human and elven masons. Drake, his faithful squire who happened to share the same name as the prince, followed in tow carrying his trusty longsword, shield and a bag full of Siegfried's personal belongings. Drake is a modest child of fair skin with a shaggy mop of brown hair atop his head. Green eyes pierce through but they are open with innocence. Being 16 years of age, Drake is quite tall, standing at about 5"7 only a few inches short of his master. Siegfried claims Drake to be a loyal and stout companion having followed him for a number years, teaching him everything he knows. It is this confidence that drives Drake to follow Siegfried even into what could be a fatal journey. Fighting dragons. Siegfried never imagined he would see the day. Neither did Drake, even questioning the King's summons. Siegfried assured that the King would not lie even the circumstances and immediately left their comfortable room for Ilarna, knowing the trip would be a long one.

"There it is, sir. Ilarna," Drake roared with anticipation pointing at the great walls of the stronghold. The high stone walls stood high and cold, ready for the coming tides of war. Siegfried and Drake continued their trick, the walls of Ilarna seeming to grow before them. Siegfried dismounted Hera as he approached the city gates, handing the reigns to Drake. Despite having his hands full, Drake catches the reigns with relative ease having done the deed for a number of years.

"Sir Siegfried Wagnar, reporting. I have received the King's seal to come to Ilarna for what I can assume is a war council. Stand aside and let me pass."

"Identification please, my lord." Siegfried grunted with a level of distaste before cracking and handing the guard his papers. The guard nodded to his peer and the gates opened. The stronghold was in a state of organized chaos. Soldiers, messengers, squires and knights danced a dance of preparation, hoping that time is an ally of the civilized armies.

"Drake. Bring Hera to the stables and meet me at the citadel's steps. Make sure she is treated well."

"Wait, you are bringing to the war council? But I am nothing but a squire. I am no knight."

"You have had my back for some time now. I trust you with my life. I trust you not to make a fool of yourself in front of many lords and nobles. Now, move with haste."

"Yes, sir!" the squire said with a salute. His voice was filled with cheer as if he received a tremendous morale boost. Drake ran to the stables, having remembered the layout from Siegfried's lessons of typical fort layouts. Ilarna was larger than most however with several layers of walls to protect the center citadel.

It took some time for Siegfried to reach the citadel, and even longer for him to enter as he eagerly waited for Drake's arrival. The boy arrived several long moments later desperate for breath. He begged for Siegfried's forgiveness but he ignored the boy's pleas, an indication that he really didn't care about the tardiness of his follower. Siegfried stepped through the doors as guard's requested confirmation of their identities once again. Siegfried didn't argue this time and obliged.

"Tight security eh?" Drake said with a commoner's accent. Siegfried nodded in agreement as the guard's examined their papers.

"Aye, you may pass, my lord. They are expecting you," the guard stated with a bow.

"If they were expecting me, you should have let me pass then," Siegfried replied with cold disdain. The guard gulped as a rain of sweat came from his brow. Drake sneered at the guard's reaction, used to Siegfried's lack of empathy for commoners. The maze of corridors were swiftly navigated by Siegfried and the map room was soon in sight. Siegfried made his way to the center of the room, many of the soldiers saluting in the sight of the noble knight. Drake stood behind him and scouted the room with his eyes, taking in anything of note.

"My lord, isn't that the master of arms, Jamal Kifius?" Drake whispered in Siegfried's ear. Drake stealthy nudged Siegfried in the direction of the large figure.

"I believe so. You may introduce yourself later. For now, we wait for our orders." Siegfried remained in the center of the room, his decorated blade Glam standing in plain sight.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Ok! Thats everyone who has signed up, lets get this thing really started shall we?

Humans/Elves

The mood in the map room suddenly stiffened as the human King suddenly enters the room along with a couple of his body gaurds. He stifly walks towards the table, and takes his place at the head of it. Then he quickly addresses the company assembled. "As you probobly know by now, we have declared war on the dragons for the kidnapping of my son and the Elf King's daughter. Not only do they not repent of their actions, but they also have the nerve to deny that the action even took place. As a result, the two races, humans and elves, have banded together to defeat this threat. This is where you come in. All of you have been called here today because you are some of the best we have, and we will need your strength in the upcomming days. Your mission will be to infiltrate the dragon realm and deal any damage that you can. At the same time, when the dragons seem to be too numerous, take not of the different dragons, and bring a report back here." The King then looked down at the map. "We are here, the closest large city to the mountains where the dragons dwell. To reach the mountains, my tactitians suggest that you head south-east to this narrow canyon, where you may be able to find your way in with little or no detection." The King then calls up a man from out of the group. "This is captain Jarn. He will be leading this combined human and elf attack. I expect all of you to respect the authority he holds. His word is my word." The King then hastily dismissed himself, saying he had to prepare for other attacks. Jarn then stood before the assembly and said "We leave in two days, I expect all of you to be ready by then."

Dang! AN NPC enters the picture, oh well, more work for me... :P

Dragons

The elders were still arguing amognst themselves some time later before they finally reached a concensus about whatever the were debating about. Only then did they seem to notice the two dragons sitting by the wall. After another wispered moment of more debate, the head elder, Glaeder, spoke up. "Good, you have come. The other elders and I have agreed that we should make a strike force to attack the human and elf cities with. They have declared war on us and called us liars, and we shall not have that. We have decided that you two together will lead the strike force, and we are placing four other dragons under you command. You shall meet them in the valley below this mountain at this time tomorrow. Until then, I suggest you prepare to leave. We wish you good luck." Then Glaeder turned back to the other elders and they all began to discuss amongst themselves how to wage war...

Lol, how many Eragon references can we make in this RP? Lets count shall we?!?! :P
Ok, serious now, I am going to give CyBestSaber another day with his SU, otherwise he will have to play catch up. Also, there will be no Dragon Rider post just yet, I am a little short on time right now. But that should be up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Jamal raised an eyebrow. They were having this war because the dragons claimed they didn't kidnap the human King's son and the elf King's daughter? He'd heard rumors on his trip here, of course; there wasn't much one could do to deter rumors about something this big. What he knew was that it had been dragons that performed the kidnapping. There was no proof, that he knew of, to suggest that it hadn't been the dragons that dealt with humans and elves.

He listened silently as the King described their mission. Jamal left the wall he'd been leaning on to walk closer to the map. He saw the canyon that was pointed out. Yes, moving through it would help them escape detection. Assuming the dragons don't know about it or care enough, Jamal thought. Wouldn't the dragons be keeping watch over the canyon's end that opened closer to the mountains? He thought they would be, if they did know about it.

I'm not one of the king's tacticians, Jamal thought. Besides, after looking over what he could see of the map, Jamal didn't see a better way to get closer to the dragons. He turned his gaze to the other soldiers, particularly the eyepatch-elf and the knight with the squire. From the looks and bearing of the knight, it seemed to Jamal that he was not going to be quiet throughout this mission. He didn't miss the postal insignia on the eyepatch-elf's satchel. They didn't need a messenger, did they?

"We leave in two days, I expect all of you to be ready by then." That was Captain Jarn speaking.

Jamal suppressed the urge to grin. Soon, time to see if I can take on a dragon.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Kira heads over to the maps once the King has finished speaking. Dragons? And he wants us to go and hurt them however we can? She looks at the map, partucularly the canyon pointed out. She looks it over, thinking out loud. "It is a small canyon, so only smaller dragons should be there. Not the most direct approach, though. We'd basically just be heading to a random mountain and hoping to move from there. Still, the outer mountains probably get patrolled more often, so at least it has the element of surprise."

She steps back so others may look at the map, her head lowered in thought. "Small team like ours, we'd have to move quick and get the most important packages first. Uh, I mean, hit them hardest on our first run. I suggest we find a side route and take out some valuable resources. Either food supply or eggs, something to show them we mean business." She glances at the captain, hoping he agrees. With all these large military men around, Kira is seriously wondering why they called her, and hopes she can be useful somehow.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years

Alright guys. In honor of Steve Jobs, "The rumors of my death aregreatly exaggerated." So no, I am not dead. I don't feel like typing a wholebunch, so just check out the OOC if you want to see what happened. So, let'stype!

The steady wing beats of the dragon made the time seem like it was goingincredibly slowly, and passing by like the blink of an eye at the same time.Alanea sat on her dragon, Smaug, as they flew towards where they had called ameeting. None of the Dragon Riders who she had sent the message to were closeto the dragon rider order, and that is why she called them.

Alanea thought back, bringing up a painful memory of her old mentor forbidingher to go on this journey. He had said that the dragon riders must remainneutral in this war. He had said that what she was doing was foolhardy, andthat it was a fool's errand.

She looked down into her lap, where a large book now lay. She traced her handover the elegent lettering on the cover. Dominance of Fate it was called. Itwas an old book, an extremely old book which held inside of it the keys to manyriddles. It recorded much of known history, and was a great source of knowledgefor many. She recalled a certain page, which she had read over and over sincethe start of the war. It was a prophecy, telling of a war. Most passed it offas the rantings of a long dead being, but Alanea took it as truth.

Man, Elf, and Dragon

All shall slay

Each other in that dreadful day

And no Evil shall be kept atbay...

It was a short passage, and not much to work with, but Alanea believed thatit spoke of their present day with the Second Dragon War. Her teachers and theelders forbid her to go on this quest, but the young elf had made up her mind.There was no turning back now.

We're almost there Smaug said after several more minutes of flying.Alanea smiled. Finally this would be underway. I hope we haven't kept themwaiting too long Alanea replied to the dragon. Smaug angled towards theclearing, where they could already see a few other dragons and riders gathered.Smaug slowly circled the clearing, then descended and landed in the middle ofthe clearing.

Alanea quickly dismounted, and leapt the short distance to the ground, andquickly looked around at the small group. There were three dragons and threeriders, meaning there was still one more to show up, if they ever did. But itwas still better attendance than she had thought.

She straightened up and cleared her throat. "Good, you made it here. I amjust going to cut to the point. I called all of you because you all are notclosely linked to the Dragon Rider Order. You don't take any orders from them.So, I ask for your help because I am disobeying their orders." She pauses for ashort moment and looks around at the group, then continues, talking while shetakes the book out of Smaug's saddle bag. "In this book, I have found twopassages that could describe this time war, and what really caused it."

Alanea looks down at the book, but does not open it, knowing the passages byheart.

"Man, Elf, and Dragon

All shall slay

Each other in that dreadful day

And no Evil shall be kept atbay..."

"That is the first passage. The second speaks of an evil gathering in theeast that will come into the land while it is in turmoil. Now it seems thatnobody pays attention to these old words, but I believe that this is the timewhere they will be fulfilled, and I am going to unveil the evil. So now I askyou. Are you with me?"

Captain Jarn - Humans

Captain Jarn looked at and studied the group assembled before him. He hadasked for each one specifically, each having a certain ability he was lookingfor. Some might be exceptionally strong, while others might good at stealth.All of their talents would be needed before this mission was through. Jarnlooks at an elf as she studied the map, then reflected her thoughts on it. Hethinks about what she said for a moment, then speaks, "Yes, going off of Kira'spoint, We will have to move, fast hit hard, and avoid direct confrontation. Butenough of this, I am sure that you are all weary from traveling, so the rest ofthe day is yours. Spend it as you like. Just report here tomorrow at dawn.Good, you are all excused." Then Jarn motioned for his lieutenant to come tohim, and the two of them began to speak quietly, discussing plans. The meetingwas clearly over.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Lika sat on Azure's back, trying to recover from her hang over as two more dragon rider teams appeared. She completely ignored them, instead drawing her sword, praticing her art with slow, flowing movements. Azure watched her work off the after effects of the alcohol with a bemused expression on her face. Lika was quite good, and Azure was proud of her. After about fifteen minutes, Lika stopped and sheathed her sword.

"There, now I feel better," Lika said as she walked back to Azure. Azure picked her head up and nudged her rider fondly.

"That is good. Smaug is arriving," Azure said simply as a great shadow passed overhead. Smaug did indeed arrive, with a gracful landing that made Azure jealous. Lika settled down on her back and patted her side reassuringly.

"I bet that you are far faster and more elegent in the air than heis little one," Lika said telepathecally to Azure, and she felt better. Lika listened to Alanea with a look of mild annoyance on her face. The elf had made it sound like it was bad that she and Azure never listened to the order. Though, she was instantly interested when Alanea said they would be disobeying orders. Though Lika was not close to the Order, she had never outright disobeyed them before. That was just something that wasn't done. It brought more trouble than it was worth.

"Ok, I'm going to be the selfish ***** here. What's in it for me? Disobeying the Order is not something I'm fond of doing. But, as I am a merc, what is in it for me? I'm sure I can find someone willing to pay me what my talents are worth to help them fight this war. So far you expect me to help you, for free, all because of some dumb old book. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that in the real world. If you want my help, then you'll have to make the reward worth more to me than the risk, understand?" Lika said with scowl on her face as she brushed her hair out of her eyes and held the pommel of her sword. Another thought occured to her. How much would the Order pay for information? And much would Alanea pay not to have them find out if she didn't hire Lika.

"That's blackmail Lika!" Azure said boredly. Lika patted the small dragon on the head again.

"I know, but do you want to eat tonight? Something other than rats I mean," Lika pointed out. Azure grumbled, but ultimately, Lika was right. They had no money, and Lika knew it.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
'They're here.' Istalri looked up at the sky and watched as a large dragon, though it was still smaller than the older Draumr, circled the clearing than came in for a graceful landing. Istalri and Draumr quickly recognized them as Smaug and Alanea.

Alanea dismounted and cleared her throat. "Good, you made it here. I am just going to cut to the point. I called all of you because you all are not closely linked to the Dragon Rider Order. You don't take any orders from them. So, I ask for your help because I am disobeying their orders," she says and pauses for a short moment to take a book out of Smaug's saddle bag. "In this book, I have found two passages that could describe this time war, and what really caused it."

Alanea looks down at the book, but does not open it, reciting a passage.

"Man, Elf, and Dragon

All shall slay​

Each other in that dreadful day​

And no Evil shall be kept at bay..."​

"That is the first passage. The second speaks of an evil gathering in the east that will come into the land while it is in turmoil. Now it seems that nobody pays attention to these old words, but I believe that this is the time where they will be fulfilled, and I am going to unveil the evil. So now I ask you. Are you with me?"

"Ok, I'm going to be the selfish ***** here. What's in it for me? Disobeying the Order is not something I'm fond of doing. But, as I am a merc, what is in it for me? I'm sure I can find someone willing to pay me what my talents are worth to help them fight this war. So far you expect me to help you, for free, all because of some dumb old book. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that in the real world. If you want my help, then you'll have to make the reward worth more to me than the risk, understand?" The girl who came on the small dragon says.

Draumr growled and smoke drifted up from her nostrils. 'Whether the book is right or not does not matter. Innocent lives are at risk and all you can think about is yourself?!' She roared in the girl's mind.

Istalri stood up and said to Alanea, "I'm with you. Draumr would probably kill me if I said otherwise."

'You got that right.'

"Besides, anything that gets the elders mad is fun."

"Istalri!" Draumr swept her tail along the ground and knocked the elf over. Istalri just stood back up, a pleasant smile on her face.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Jamal glanced back at the eye-patch elf, though he made no other move. From her words, she seemed to be used to the life of a messenger. Most likely had a head for strategy, too, as she had made a point concerning this mission. She won't be waiting on orders all the time, Jamal thought to himself.

"...But enough of this, I am sure that you are all weary from traveling, so the rest of the day is yours. Spend it as you like. Just report here tomorrow at dawn. Good, you are all excused."

Jamal stepped back from the table, watching as Captain Jarn and his lieutenant put their heads together to talk. So, now he had time to spend before they all left on the mission. Good.
Jamal turned and, after one more look around the room and at the others, left the map room. It wouldn't hurt to check his supplies again, since it would be a while before they'd have the chance to acquire more. As he made his way through the corridors, back the way he'd come, Jamal briefly considered whether he should take another horse this time around before discarding the idea. He and Lester had gotten through some tough times before, they'd do it again.

Besides, he'd get too lazy for his own good, Jamal thought, finally reaching open air again. He hadn't paid much attention to whether anyone had followed him out. He still did not pay attention to any followers as he strode towards the stables where he'd left Lester.

Years
After the Elders dismiss him, Praxis returns to his perch. He scowls at the scorched earth, already planning his attack. "Praxis take team to human town. Burn crops, steal animals! We dragons feed on human supplies, them humans get weaker! Then we destroy humans! Make them not want fight! Praxis tell strike team tomorrow. They listen to Praxis." Content that he has a solid business plan, he stretches out to get some sleep, preparing himself for the invasion.

Back