Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page [Tool] [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 1st, 2011 (09:06 AM).
Gangsterfresh Swagmaster

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DemonParia
Quote originally posted by Leeroy Jenkins:
Yeah. I'd be really appreciative if someone could fix the download link.
Yeah, if the link doesn't get fixed could someone upload the current version?
Old October 1st, 2011 (11:30 AM).
Author of AdvanceMap

Send a message via ICQ to LU-HO
Link is fixed.

Greetz LU-HO

It's finally here, AdvanceMap 1.95 (Open Beta).
get it: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta
Questions about AdvanceMap, found bugs, problems on using it? => contact me.

All versiones of Advance Map are available on ampage.no-ip.info.
The newest version of AdvanceMap is AM 1.95 get it.

Greetz goes to:
Mastermind_X, Tutti, Scizz, Darkmaster01, Tauwasser, F-Zero, Jiggly, Filb, Lugia2000, Mulle, Philb, Jay, TraX, Spacy, Mikaron, Coolman, CrazyNebulak, Arty und Serwe.

Old October 5th, 2011 (04:05 AM).
Gangsterfresh Swagmaster

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DemonParia
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when you do connections sometimes there's a massive space in the preview window between the maps you want to connect.
Old October 5th, 2011 (10:28 AM).

Nature: Careful
The program works now Before when I tried opening it, It would get to the language selection box, but there'll be no languages so it wouldn't load. But now I've started making my first hack, Pokémon and the Legendary Black Emerald. I'm trying to put in the first four regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh), although I may leave out Sinnoh as you can only have 3 generations of Pokémon in the game before you use up all the space.
Old October 22nd, 2011 (02:42 PM).

My senses tell me that something is wrong. It could be that I'm using WINE to run it. Does anyone know if this works on the windows 8 dev preview, because I will be installing that soon.
Attached Images
File Type: png PALLET TOWN.png‎ (15.9 KB, 60 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old October 26th, 2011 (09:19 PM).
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Quote originally posted by SK3:
I'm unable to preview how my maps look during a certain time of the day. I installed the DNS, and the little drop down menu is there but it is not changing the palettes.
Reposting my problem, hopefully I can get an answer

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old October 31st, 2011 (12:22 PM).
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Is it just me or is the link broken again?
Old November 12th, 2011 (02:18 AM).
Master of Crows

Nature: Bold
Just you.

I have my own question, when I try to select the tilesets, 12 and 0 together to make an interior of a building, whenever I attempt to place a tile, a multitude of tiles nearby it get edited as well.
Old November 12th, 2011 (10:37 AM).

Hi, this is great tool, but can you make something like this tool for androids? I wan't to make some maps then i am at school.
Old November 14th, 2011 (01:07 AM).
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by honorum646:
Just you.

I have my own question, when I try to select the tilesets, 12 and 0 together to make an interior of a building, whenever I attempt to place a tile, a multitude of tiles nearby it get edited as well.
Above the map, there is a toolbar with a row of icons. Each icon changes what happens when you click on a tile. One of them acts like a "Fill Tile" icon -- click on a chunk of blocks that use the same tile, and they all change. Make sure this isn't the one you have selected.
Old November 16th, 2011 (05:04 PM).

I got 1.92 to work, but 1.95 doesn't work with linux. I think that for now I'm stuck using 1.92. I hope you can still offer support for 1.92...
Old November 23rd, 2011 (06:41 AM).
Graphix Master

Nature: Relaxed
what would we do without advance map? it really is the basis for all hacks, and is often the program hackers first get into.
Old November 23rd, 2011 (09:59 PM).
The World's Worst Hacker

I have been looking for a solution to this but nobody has answer to this: the DNS fails to save the edited date in AM1.95 for a selected time of the day (ie. saving wild pokemon data for night-time). All it does is save the data to the entire day, not the specific time of the day. Any ideas? Please help
Old November 24th, 2011 (08:03 AM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by slowbro42:
I have been looking for a solution to this but nobody has answer to this: the DNS fails to save the edited date in AM1.95 for a selected time of the day (ie. saving wild pokemon data for night-time). All it does is save the data to the entire day, not the specific time of the day. Any ideas? Please help
I'm fairly certain that's because A-Map doesn't currently support Day and Night Split Pokémon, although I could be wrong. I posted routines in the R&D section (if I remember right) and a short guide on how to actually use the DNS to have differing Pokémon at different times.

Anyway, I had a little suggestion to make to Lu-Ho for the full release of 1.95. I'm hoping he'll at least take it into consideration. As you may have noticed, I recently released a patch which adds the new Pokémon from generations 4 and 5 into a FireRed rom. However, A-Map is not compatible with the patch for editing wild Pokémon because the number of Pokémon in the ROM is set somewhere inside A-Map's coding, and not read from the ROM itself.

What I propose you could do is to read the length of the Pokédex from the ROM instead, rather than having a fixed length in the coding. I did a little research and found a possible INI point for BPR and BPG:

00 04 01 0C A1 42 04 D8 48 00 C0 18 00 88 90 42 F5 D1 XX 48 81 42 08 D0 48 1C 00 04 00 0C 05 E0

(The XX is 04 in all ROMs I have checked, but may differ in other languages)

This string appears twice in BPR and BPG, both of which are right after each other (more or less) and both of which have the same limiter basically right after it. The limiter appears in the second 4-byte aligned set of bytes after this string. It is the number of "legit" Pokémon in the ROM (so not including missingno). Simply add 1 to this number, and you can easily get the number of Pokémon in the ROM using an INI.

This is for BPR and BPG (all languages as far as I can tell). The same string of hex commands also appears in BPE and AXV, so it's a fairly safe assumption that it's also in AXP.

Hopefully you'll at least consider this idea. It will probably be much more work than I'm giving it credit for, but it would be a good idea in terms of future proofing A-Map for when it becomes more common for hacks to have added Pokémon.
Old November 24th, 2011 (08:21 PM).
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Jambo51:
Or he could just let us edit the amount of Pokemon that show up in the ini file, like you can with Wichu's Sprite Editor and Pokemon Game Editor.
Old November 25th, 2011 (06:54 AM).
Legend

Nature: Naive
I have two questions: one -when editing wild pokemon, how do you differentiate between what Rod they are found with through fishing?
two -I'm confused as to how to edit their rarities. What does "Encounter Ratio" specifically mean? also what does the expand button do?
and ever
Old November 27th, 2011 (10:37 AM).
The World's Worst Hacker

@swiftgallade46
1) Doesn't it clearly show you the rod type's encounter ratio? I mean the first two pokemon slots under Fishing rod pokemon show Old rod as 70% (1stpokemon) and 30% (2ndpokemon)
2)you cant edit them. And the encounter ratio is just how often the pokemon appear percentage wise
Old November 27th, 2011 (12:12 PM). Edited November 27th, 2011 by swiftgallade46.
Legend

Quote originally posted by slowbro42:
@swiftgallade46
1) Doesn't it clearly show you the rod type's encounter ratio? I mean the first two pokemon slots under Fishing rod pokemon show Old rod as 70% (1stpokemon) and 30% (2ndpokemon)
2)you cant edit them. And the encounter ratio is just how often the pokemon appear percentage wise
I dont have that.... maybe I don't have the latest version. I have 1.90
*EDIT* Yup I downloaded 1.95. Thanks a lot!
and ever
Old November 27th, 2011 (07:36 PM).

I love Advance Map... except every thing is upside down.
Other than that its been really helpful.
My maps will not stay together, but I'm probably the blame for that.
Keep up the good work though, nice beta nonetheless.
Do you have a scripting tool I could use?
Old November 28th, 2011 (05:38 AM).
C(++) Developer.
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
Quote originally posted by boys:
It's upside down? I think this bug was reported way long ago, and a fix was achieved, maybe.

Also-- in the toolbox is XSE, and PKSV. I would not recommend unleashing the Hell known as Pokescript.

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
Old November 28th, 2011 (06:08 AM).
The Scientific Method

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by boys:
Actually, I know the reason of this:
You're using a Mac. A-map works best on Windows. Try using it on Windows or something instead.
Old November 28th, 2011 (06:35 AM).
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Chaos Rush:
Or he could just let us edit the amount of Pokemon that show up in the ini file, like you can with Wichu's Sprite Editor and Pokemon Game Editor.
That would undoubtedly be easier XD. I was only suggestion the above because it's in keeping with Lu-Ho's general philosophy of keeping the programme working with all ROMs at all times, because A-Map would automatically work out how many Pokémon it would need to cater for as soon as the ROM was opened.
Old November 30th, 2011 (06:11 PM). Edited December 2nd, 2011 by swiftgallade46.
Legend

I keep getting an error that says " ERROR: (ENOTAPointer)AdvanceMap Error(5): value $810A05 is not a Pointer! " (the offset shown is different everytime I see the error) can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it?
and ever
Old December 10th, 2011 (10:18 PM).

I have two issues.

First one is with adding new maps. In Pokemon Emerald, I added new maps in 0.57, 0.58, 0.59, 0.60, 0.61, 0.62, 0.63, 0.64, 0.65, 0.66, 0.67, 0.68, 0.69, and 0.70. The problem is when I load these maps in-game, map 0.57 is always displayed, no matter if I warp into 0.70. I looked into the professional header, and noticed that these two highlighted values are always the same in these inserted maps. All the other maps have unique values, with the exception of PokeMarts, PokeCenters, and a few repeated buildings.

The second issue is with saving and loading blocks for TileSet 2. It seems as if it saves only the first TileSet Blocks, even if you tell the program to save TileSet 2 Blocks exclusively. This in turn makes me unable to import TileSet 2 blocks, so I have to make the blocks manually. Not a big problem like the first one, but just a minor annoyance.

Anyways, keep up the good work.
Old December 12th, 2011 (08:30 AM).

I'm sorry if someone has asked this already, but I'm having some problems saving with advancemap. I'll save my changes to my map, but when I load the rom they won't be changed and upon reopening the rom in advance map the changes will still show up. What's baffling is that it used to save them perfectly fine, but suddenly started being defiant. Even saving the whole of the rom in another location leaves me with the same results. The edited map opens in advancemap, but not in the rom. The only thing I can think of that I changed is that I had to switch how VisualBoyAdvance saves because it refused to allow me to save my data in-game, but I can't imagine that would have any effect and changing it back did nothing. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be most appreciated.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links