• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Excadrill not Included!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
k this thread wins for worst title. not very creative atm.

So yeah, this is one of my newest RMT's. It's pretty standard, nothing special. It just feels like there's something missing (don't say Excadrill)

The team. neon colors are sexy ok.

248.png
@Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Hp / 96 SpA / 196 SpD
Sassy Nature (+SpD; -Spe)
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Obviously, by now, you've figured out that this team is sand themed. Tyranitar is the only viable option I have since I refuse to touch Hippowdon. This set works pretty well for me, and adds some special bulk that this team lacks at times. Ice Beam laughs at Gliscor and Landorus when they set-up. Fire Blast takes care of Scizor and 2HKO's Ferrothorn. Crunch is my main STAB and hits psychic/ghost types hard. Stealth Rock is for setting up. ~_~

639.png
@Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe; -SpA)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- X-Scissor

Terrakion is a very fun Pokemon to play with, since it mangles a lot of Pokemon in the metagame. I did have a CS set over this but I preferred the Band. Hits harder and Terrakion doesn't exactly lack speed. Stone Edge and Close Combat are my main STABS and hit hard. X-Scissor is for the likes of Latios, Latias, Reuniclus and Espeon. The latter dies to anything Terrakion throws its way, except CC. Quick Attack is the last thing I can really work with, it doesn't have the widest movepool ever. It's nice for a quick kill on weakened things like +1 Volcarona, Deoxys-S generally Pokemon that are a nuisance to Terrakion and that are faster.

423.png
@Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Hp / 56 SpA / 212 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD; -Atk)
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Gastrodon is an unusual Pokemon to use. He has mediocre offenses and less than impressive defense. But, his great Hp, typing, movepool and ability makes up for it. His nice base 111 Hp makes him able to tank a few hits and then fight back by either damaging and hopefully burning them or using Toxic. Thanks to its great healing move; Recover, it can restore health whilst the opponent dies from Toxic. Earth Power is a great reliable STAB that can take down Heatran and the likes.

386.png
- S@Life orb
Trait: Pressure
Adamant Nature (+Atk; -SpA)
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower

(This is Deoxys-S btw) Deoxys is the most used member of my team, being able to revenge kill a lot of things. Zen Headbutt is a bit eeeh, I was thinking of Taunt being used over it. Ice Punch deals with Dragons and Grass types, Thunder Punch hits Jellicent and others and Superpower nails Rock/Steel/Dark types. Adamant nature because he could do with the extra attacking power. I haven't had anything outspeed me yet, except for the odd scarf'd mon.

579.png
- S@Life orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature (+SpA; -Spe) (0 Speed Iv's)
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast

Good 'Ol offensive TR set. Reuniclus is a dangerous blob of Jelly and with this set gets even worse. I chose Psyshock over Psychic so I could screw Blissey and Chansey over. Shadow Ball deals with Psychic types and Focus Blast hits Dark/Rock/Steel types. Thanks to its amazing ability hazards aren't a problem and he can take a hit too. Although he might be amazing etc I don't think he fits in with my team.

645.png
- S@Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
Naive Nature (+Spe; -SpD)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-Turn

Scarf Landorus is a good sand abuser, and of the only ones thanks to Excadrill going to Uber. Earthquake is my main STAB hitting anything and killing it, hopefully. Stone Edge deals with Latios and Latias, U-Turn hits them too, but that mainly for scouting. Hidden Power Ice hits 4x Ice weak Pokemon such as Mence, Nite, Gliscor etc and 1HKO/2HKO's them.

So there's my team. Rate and such. xo'

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
I do not like how your team does not have a steel type in it. Do you want my Dragons to go apeshit against you?

While I generally dislike posts like this, this is for real. You're team is really dragon weak, especially since Terrakion doesn't get STAB on Quick attack. I'm mostly thinking about 4drag2mag teams, which can really hurt your team bad. I recommend you get a Swords Dance Scizor over Choice Scarf Landorus. You have enough speed as it is in Deoxys-S, and your team lacks strong priority.

Scizor@Leftovers/Life Orb/Iron Plate
248 HP/64 Atk/196 spDef
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Roost

Superpower is used over Bug bite so you can predict the switch against Magnezone and take it out, especially since otherwise you'd be worse off. This set can also muscle through SubDD Dragonite (ugh) and provides a defensive pivot in the case that Tyranitar goes down.

I prefer Earthquake on Gastrodon, it allows you to beat SubCM Jirachi easier.

I'd rather have a mixed set with Deo-S with Superpower/Psycho Boost/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt, but it's your choice.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Needs moar Luvdisc bro. I recommend a Luvdisc holding a Focus Sash and knowing Flail for extra pwnage.

^ I second this motion.

As obnoxious dumb and stupid as Dragons are, you do have to deal with them eventually (commonly). Try something that can learn an ice move, or as the others say, get a steel type in there.

Back