Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center
Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old October 25th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
You spend hours working on a team, defeat everyone on the ladder until a person using hyper beam and growl comes along and defeats you. You rework the team to overcome that person and everyone you faced before defeats you. Is it possible to perfect a team to be about to overcome every threat? If not, would it be ever possible with bans or another generation to shake up things? Discuss!
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old October 25th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
personal experience, nica? :3c
I don't think there'll ever be a thing known as the 'perfect' team. The metagame is always changing and things are getting banned and moving tiers etc. Every time a new generation comes around we get new threats and broken Pokemon which means you'd have to build your 'perfect' team around them too.

Building a near-perfect team, I think, is possible. But it would be extremely hard.

In other words. Perfect team, no. Near-perfect team, yes. :3c
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old October 25th, 2011, 05:24 PM
GGJ
Roaming & Learning

Not really because for me pokemon have to appeal to me aesthetically as well as stat & movepool wise to really be "good".

So I really think everybody has their different opinion of a perfect team and will claim they can beat anybody with it :3
Quote:
I believe I went out into the wilderness of the world
Looking for answers that were hidden in my mind all along
And now I finally found them
I am truly at peace~
Old October 25th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJ View Post
Not really because for me pokemon have to appeal to me aesthetically as well as stat & movepool wise to really be "good".

So I really think everybody has their different opinion of a perfect team and will claim they can beat anybody with it :3
Not sure that was the question. xD

I think that the reason a perfect team will never be able to be reached is that there will be more and more Pokemon, and the team size still stays the same. If there were only the original 150, there would probably be a perfect team because it would beat everyone, except for the occasional replica of the perfect team, which would probably just come down to luck in misses and crits.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old October 25th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
To be honest, introducing new Pokemon is only going to expand the issue rather than contain it. There are tons and tons and tons of Pokemon and sets and creativity out there; you literally cannot prepare for everything and this is a fact. What you can prepare for are the popular sets and Pokemon. If you can identify and deal with the most common threats to the goal of your team, you will be a successful battler. You will not be a successful battler by throwing teams together because they look fun or because together they "check" the majority of the meta. Your team needs a cutting edge to actually break into the opponent's team and give you a win; just preparing for the metagame doesn't necessarily help.

tl;dr Teambuilding is an art and of the utmost importance; learn to do it right and you'll be really successful.
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ
Old October 25th, 2011, 08:49 PM
PikachuGuy
THOSE CHU'Z

Nature: Calm
There is no such thing as a "perfect team". There is always going to be somebody out there that is going to beat you. You could be a world champion and still get beat, while it's possible to build an excellent team with great counters, you are not going to be able to beat everyone. And a team of 6 Legendaries is not the answer, either. There's plenty of non-Legends out there that could destroy a Legend. You just have to have a bit of common sense, knowledge, strategy, and skills to be a good battler. Like stated above, building a perfect team is very hard and nearly impossible, since there's so many Pokes to watch out for, with Garchomp being a good example.
Black 2 FC: 2667 2474 4965 (5th Gen)
Pokemon Y FC: 0834 1145 0815
My Trade Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318726
My Trade Review: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318949
Old October 28th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
There are some guys that had a group here on PC dedicated to doing that a couple years ago and still weren't able to achieve it, so now that there are over a hundred new Pokemon I really don't think it's possible. But like it was said, first gen it was probably possible.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here