• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I think Stunfisk has been fired from its role as the dbe Pokemon, well at least for the last one we had.

I think of Cherrim as our unofficial mascot tbh.
No, no, no. Someone just installed cloudflare to PC.

And my previous statement stands for itself. PC doesn't need a mascot, official or unofficial, that's why it's called the PokeCommunity forums, not the CofagrigusCommunity forums. :/

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I think of Cherrim as our unofficial mascot tbh.
As it happens I'm using Blossom Showers right now. :3

No, no, no. Someone just installed cloudflare to PC.

And my previous statement stands for itself. PC doesn't need a mascot, official or unofficial, that's why it's called the PokeCommunity forums, not the CofagrigusCommunity forums. :/
If it's unofficial, you can't help it whether it's necessary or not. That's why it's called unofficial. :p
In any case I don't really think of any Pokémon as a PC mascot, but it's just some are more often mentioned because they're awesome. :3 Cherrim is one of these because Cherrim pie is a wonderful delicacy.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Well well well, before this conversation goes into being about PC itself...

HAVE YOU GUYS EVER DRESSED UP AS A POKEMON FOR HALLOWEEN? I haven't yet, but I want to sooo baad. ;~;

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I dressed up as a Pikachu for last Halloween. :) It was quite boss. I even carried around a smaller Pikachu with me.
025.gif

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I dressed up as a Pikachu for last Halloween. :) It was quite boss. I even carried around a smaller Pikachu with me.
025.gif
Cool

Speaking of which, I prefer fatroll pikachu than the renowned one, lots more. Making it more and more 'in shape' over the years loses in cuteness and gains in coolness, which is against the mascot stereotype, I'm afraid. Always imo.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Guess I never realised it, but you have a point. xD
025.png
<-belly

However I think even in Yellow it was mostly "in shape".

025.png

However ever since Generation IV it looks model thin . . .
025.png
025.png

Idc, I've always though Pikachu was sexy.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I liked the fat Pikachu in Yellow more than any other redesigns of it. It looks so cute when its fat! >3<

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
The Yellow sprite, to me, matches most with how I identify it. This may be just because I spent a lot of time with the Pikachu in Yellow but . . . its Red sprite just doesn't look exactly right, I mean it's just weird and different from the normal look of Pikachu. More modern sprites also look too different from my general picture of Pikachu. Idk, the shape doesn't feel right. :(
So, yeah, Yellow is the best.
It's actually HUGE surprising to look at the Red sprites and realise how much of them just don't fit with how you see the Pokémon today (at least for me).

Case in point:
003.png
009.png
020.png
028.png
045.png
089.png
111.png
112.png
115.png
147.png
149.png
151.png

They range from crude to strangely proportioned to just downright scary.

Mostly the scary thing.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Mew looks like a terrestrial organism, which isn't really as cute as it is. It's more of..creepy than cute. I'd take the newer Mew, tyvm.

THAT being said, I guess I never really paid attention to the sprites in R/B when I played it around 7 years ago. Hmm...

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Thank goodness they really changed most of the Pokemon that looked horrid. I like their newer look.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Mew looks like a terrestrial organism, which isn't really as cute as it is. It's more of..creepy than cute. I'd take the newer Mew, tyvm.

THAT being said, I guess I never really paid attention to the sprites in R/B when I played it around 7 years ago. Hmm...
Yeah, idk it's one of the scariest things in the world to me. It's okay though because that was its Green sprite and it never happened in America.

151.png
<-It's cute in Red and Blue.

And wow you're right about Vaporeon being weird . . .
134.png

Sometimes I just wish the old designs would go away. xD

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Poor Sydian... he's stuck with the sprite-commenting posts in the thread that is actually made for sprite discussion, while the fun's all here.

Still, when I was talking about pikachu becoming thinner, I wasn't only referring to the games. It happened in the anime, too.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Well, yeah, that is understandable. They are traveling, mostly by foot. So Pikachu has a high possibility of losing weight along the way. :3

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Well, yeah, that is understandable. They are traveling, mostly by foot. So Pikachu has a high possibility of losing weight along the way. :3
Your argument is ARGHvalid. Ash should have made beastly triceps by now, going by the same logic lol

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I would never be able to walk like them. I'm so lazy @-@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back