• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon ★ NeoEras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
xD yeah I forgot to add your name into the credits. Along with a few other people @@ Those tilesets of yours are seriously great! They've helped out a lot with the mapping of the city :D

- There! Added your name and a few others.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I just wanted to note that if you are going to use the B/W vertical cliff tiles, then the stairs you put in them need to be twice as long. The reason for this is that if you have a vertical cliff two tiles high, and place some tile over it also two tiles high, then what you have is something resembling a ladder. In order to achieve the slant necessary for stairs, you need to extend the stair tiles one tile above and one tile below. Like this:
Code:
# are slanty cliffs
|_ are vertical cliffs
= are stairs

|         |          
|   ===   |          ##       ##
|_|_===_|_|          ####===####
    ===
Vertical Cliffs    Slanty Cliffs

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I just wanted to note that if you are going to use the B/W vertical cliff tiles, then the stairs you put in them need to be twice as long. The reason for this is that if you have a vertical cliff two tiles high, and place some tile over it also two tiles high, then what you have is something resembling a ladder. In order to achieve the slant necessary for stairs, you need to extend the stair tiles one tile above and one tile below. Like this:
Code:
# are slanty cliffs
|_ are vertical cliffs
= are stairs

|         |          
|   ===   |          ##       ##
    ===
Vertical Cliffs    Slanty Cliffs
Why one tile above? It would look just as good only with 1 extra tile below. Better, actually.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
I was actually looking at that when I initially added them to the game... I have the extended stairs tile but I feel like it looks a little goofy and out of place. I've sort of ignored the problem but I'll need to do something about that. Which will either be just change the mountain tile or give in and use the extendo-stairs XD

On another subject I've been mapping like crazy lately and I'm only a few maps away until I have everything up to the first Gym redesigned. It's been taking me awhile because of the new style, but I feel like it's getting there. And randomly I retouched one of the game's first events for the new map. Here's a screen from it O:

NewPort.png

Nothing interesting I know XD /spams more

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
NeoEras is back!? *Fanboy squeal*

So happy this is back! All of the screens you've shown look amazing, and I'm very, very, excited for this game. I took the effort of actually logging into PokeCommunity finally, so that must show my enthusiasm for this! xD

And if you need any help, just gimme a shout! I'm not normally open to helping Games but NeoEras is one exception! keep up the great work!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I want to echo Riceeman. I'm a huge fan boy of NeoEras. I actually haven't posted on this forum in a long time. I wanted to come out of hiding just to wish you luck! The game looks and sounds (well I should say "reads") fantastic.

TeaSpork

I disapprove.
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
This game looks brilliant!
My only critique is that the fire-starter is a cat, and obviously that's been mentioned.
Anyways, you said you need a spriter, no? Maybe I can help.... I'm decent with Pokemon sprites. PM if you would like samples or something.

So, best if luck on this cool game!!!

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Hey Neo and Ricee, it's been awhile! It's nice to see some more familiar faces around Game Dev XD And thanks for the comments, they really do mean a lot. As for that offer there Riceeman.... /shot

And thanks for the support and help offers! Speaking of which, I've got an announcement! The talented WesleyFG has joined the NeoEras team! He'll be offering his assistance in the spriting department (since I am completely incapable of spriting)!

dragoniteTrozei.gif
Tile Spriter and Misc.

Make sure and check out his deviantART page (linked above). Also, he's already begun contributing to the game o: Here's a preview of his work of the route divider buildings that are found all throughout the Outa Region:

WesleyHouse.png

Much like the Route Dividers in previous games, the ones in Outa act as a sort of rest place for Trainers. Although you can't heal your Pokemon in them, you do have access to vending machines as well as the chance to meet interesting NPCs. Some may drop hints about your journey, some might heal you, and others might be looking for a challenge!

And now for a Progress Update...

I've completed revamping the outdoor maps up to the First Gym~ Only a few building tiles are missing here and there but that will hopefully be taken care of shortly. Next up on my to-do list is to revamp all of the indoor maps, and after that I will move to revamping the old events I have.

While working on that, I'll hopefully have an update in the near future about NE's plot. I've been working on some of the details lately and I think you guys will like it xD To give you a hint, there really isn't a brigade of uniform costume wearers. I'm actually kind of excited xD

wall of text :D Sorry for rambling, I'm typing this out kind of late.

Atomic Reactor

His tiles and your mapping are going to make for a spectacular visual experience!

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
This game is awesome, this shows you the full potential of what a pokemon fan game can amount to.. good job keep up the great work

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Hey everyone! :D It's been awhile and I apologize for that, but unfortunately I've been rather busy lately. BUT I am still working on a few things here and there on NeoEras. Right now I'm still not ready for an actual substantial update, however I thought I'd post up a small screenshot dump since I've been keeping a few things to myself xD

TitleScreen-1.png
Gym-1.png

Trivot.png
Plotlol-1.png

That should give you a bit of an update of how the game is graphically progressing. Comments and feedback are welcome!

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
I like it, looks nice, and clean. Everything seems to fall in place nicely, but I think the gym sign should go more closer to the gym like right beside the door, other than that it looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back