The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
What the ****!? I found out that if you're not a citizen and you marry someone of the same sex (I believe this is before gay marrage became illegal) who is, you DON'T become one! So why is it that a straight marriagemakes a difference?
Double standard. I could try to elaborate, but that's really all it boils down to. Same-sex relationships don't get the same recognition and respect as opposite-sex relationships.

Which country are you talking about, by the way? I know this is how it is in the US, but I'm sadly uninformed about other places.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Double standard. I could try to elaborate, but that's really all it boils down to. Same-sex relationships don't get the same recognition and respect as opposite-sex relationships.
:(
That's all that idea even deserves in response. Just a big giant frowny face.

I'm honestly sometimes astounded by the kind of laws there are against gay/trans people. At least the whole marriage thing doesn't have some stupid fake reason behind it and it's a "just cuz" kind of thing.

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old November 7th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post

I feel somewhat uncompelled to think of this as a real victory. It feels more like a non-loss, I mean seriously? Still no donating blood if you have had sex in the past year?
I think we need to take the celebrations where we can get them. Just because the laws they're repealing are only really making society how it should have been all along, doesn't mean it's any less of a victory for equal rights or for the LGBT community. Even this law-reversal doesn't make things perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old November 7th, 2011, 07:01 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote:

Which country are you talking about, by the way? I know this is how it is in the US, but I'm sadly uninformed about other places.
Yeah, I'm talking about the US.

In my hack, I'll make it damn clear that gays are accepted in it! Not much of a spoiler, but the character Soneec marries her girlfriend at some point.

Oh hey, speaking of gays in games, doesn't Link wear his earring on the "gay" side in Ocarina of Time? (Or was it a different game? I know it was Link.)
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*

Last edited by U.Flame; November 7th, 2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: just 'membered something
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snivy063 View Post
I actually didn't get the thread title at first. T__T; But anyway, sign me up! :'3

I'm still kind of confused with my gender, I'm trying to find an answer, so hopefully, I might get some here! :'D
Oh my God I'm so sorry! I completely missed your post! Welcome to the Club, I'm sure we'll be able to help you with any question you might have for us . Anyway sorry about that, adding your name to the list now!

Old November 7th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Charlie Kelly
King of the Rats

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Welcome to bubblebeam and Kikyochanx!! Adding your names into the member list now

Also, another small win in the fight for our rights!

I remember this caused outrage not too long ago, so I'm really glad to see it changing.
I've never given blood, since needles make me uncomfortable, but this seems like one of those things that they should not be allowed to ask in the first place.

Although I... don't really feel comfortable getting mad at people who actually save lives.

It kinda seems like it would be easier if everyone just lied. I worry that if they changed the laws, someone will pop up with HIV supposedly from a blood transfusion from a gay man, and set everything back.
Old November 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I always wanted to give blood but, homosexuality aside, never had the chance to do so. I guess it might have been for the better though, since I didn't know that at the time. :\ ANYWAYS. I for one am glad that, even though it is admittedly a small step, it was a step in the right direction.

And welcome to our new members. ^__^ Glad to have you all here! :D
Old November 7th, 2011, 09:50 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

That seems to only apply to the UK. Are LGBT men in the United States also able to give blood, now?

You may remember me talking about this, but many schools in California have contemplated, and a few already have, banned all blood drives on their campuses. The reasoning is because the blood ban policy violates their campuses' nondiscrimination policy. A House Rep. for LGBT students on our campus introduced legislation that would do just that several times, but they were all unsuccessful.
Old November 7th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
That seems to only apply to the UK. Are LGBT men in the United States also able to give blood, now?
When I went to the blood drive a year ago, the literature I read said it was only if you're a man that's had sex with another man in the past year, so I think they're the same policy now

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 7th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
I donate blood as often as I can. Yes I'm gay but I'm also a virgin so I've never been in any strife.
Old November 8th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Esper

I'm looking at the American Red Cross's website right now under the eligibility criteria page and under the section for HIV/AIDS it says, among other things:

Quote:
You should not give blood if you have AIDS or have ever had a positive HIV test, or if you have done something that puts you at risk for becoming infected with HIV.

You are at risk for getting infected if you:

* are a male who has had sexual contact with another male, even once, since 1977

* have had sexual contact in the past 12 months with anyone described above
So it doesn't outright say you can't, just that "you should not if you are at risk" which probably means the same thing and you'll be stopped if you try. Kinda makes you angry that they consider any gay male sex to put you at risk when HIV/AIDS is something anyone could have, but then they do list about a hundred things that can make you ineligible and I'm sure a lot of them are just as unreasonable.

Also, it mentions under the section on hormone replacement therapy:

Quote:
Women on hormone replacement therapy for menopausal symptoms and prevention of osteoporosis are eligible to donate.
The way it's worded makes me think that it won't accept anyone doing HRT unless they are someone like they mention. That's also quite sad, but I don't know enough about the process to know if it might actually affect your blood so I can't be sure if it's just more of the same or a valid reason.

Quote:
Oh hey, speaking of gays in games, doesn't Link wear his earring on the "gay" side in Ocarina of Time? (Or was it a different game? I know it was Link.)
Do people still believe/talk about the earring-on-the-gay-side idea? I haven't heard this in a long time.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:

The way it's worded makes me think that it won't accept anyone doing HRT unless they are someone like they mention. That's also quite sad, but I don't know enough about the process to know if it might actually affect your blood so I can't be sure if it's just more of the same or a valid reason.
I don't see how it could make more of a difference than menopausal HRT, but then again I don't really know what kind of dosage menopausal women take so I can't compare very well.
I know I heard something about blood clotting easier on HRT but I assumed it was related to the stress your body goes through metabolising the stuff. /sadly sadly underinformed xD

I think I was on anti-androgens when I last donated blood. Spironolactone was not on the list of warning medications (nor was any kind of hormone that I saw) so I'm not overly worried. :/

Quote:
Do people still believe/talk about the earring-on-the-gay-side idea? I haven't heard this in a long time.
I always thought it was more of a joke to begin with.

Which side is gay? Is it left?

Ignore the awful quality. :p

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
Sexuality isn't a problem for me giving blood...it's my weight, haha. I don't weigh enough to give blood, and tbh, I hate needles.

Now stuff...

What is you age? What is your age-range for dating (minimum/maximum)?

I'm 19, but I won't date anyone younger than 19. Every time I hit a new age, I think back to how I was at the previous age and I just start thinking "man x is so young!" so even 18 seems young to me lol. The highest I would date would probably be...I wanna say 21. Cause at my uni, 21 is the average graduating age, so I mean, need to get them while they're still in school, you feel me? ;) lol And it's not too far from 19. I'm really weird with ages, I know haha. 22 maybe, but that's pushing it. I do like someone who is 21 though! Though I look about 13-15, so I don't think a lot of older people would wanna be seen with me. lol They'd look like pedos.

Play the game to change the game
Old November 8th, 2011, 04:17 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm looking at the American Red Cross's website right now under the eligibility criteria page and under the section for HIV/AIDS it says, among other things:

So it doesn't outright say you can't, just that "you should not if you are at risk" which probably means the same thing and you'll be stopped if you try. Kinda makes you angry that they consider any gay male sex to put you at risk when HIV/AIDS is something anyone could have, but then they do list about a hundred things that can make you ineligible and I'm sure a lot of them are just as unreasonable.

That's actually a federal regulation. It is prohibited for men who have had sex with since 1977 to donate blood in the United States. It is enforced by those who fit that description from being deferred from donating blood for life. (21 CFR 864).
http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVac.../ucm108186.htm
Old November 8th, 2011, 04:45 PM
aRedMoon
Wait for me outside the lines
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
Yep, if you say you're a male that's had sex with a male, you're auto-banned from giving blood. Sooooo... I'll just keep giving blood 'til I am no longer a virgin. And then they'll lose my supply of A+ blood.

What is you age? What is your age-range for dating (minimum/maximum)?
I'm 22, almost 23. (Wowww, hard to believe that!) I'd guess +-4 years, so the youngest I'd go is like 18/19 and I'd go up to 26/27.

Though the guy I am after is 21 >D Should just get him drunk...~

june 10, 2003 = registered at old pc
march 24, 2004 = registered at new pc
june, 2004 = modded ;;; august, 2004 = quit/fired (point of debate)
december, 2004 = banned ;;; december 2, 2005 = unbanned
june 10, 2008 = omg... five years!
june 10, 2012 = countdown to nine years on pc...
Old November 8th, 2011, 06:15 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
I don't know. I was reminded of it when Family Guy came on. The scene from the one posted above. I'm still curious about Link wearing it.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old November 8th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
I don't know. I was reminded of it when Family Guy came on. The scene from the one posted above. I'm still curious about Link wearing it.
Ooh, I found this.
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question...1231930AA6GrSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answerererererer
Originally if a man in North America had his left ear pierced it meant that he was gay and sexually dominant, and having his right ear pierced meaning gay and sexually submissive.

Gradually, it evolved to a man with his right ear pierced perceived as being gay and a man with his left ear being pierced perceived as being straight.

Now, it just means a pierced ear.

(Men getting their ear pierced originated with pirates; the value of the earring was meant to pay for their burial if they were lost at sea and their body washed ashore).
Soooooooooo Link is gay and submissive?

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 8th, 2011, 07:30 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post
Soooooooooo Link is gay and submissive?
All the more reason for someone to invent virtual reality.
Old November 9th, 2011, 12:24 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

According to this one flash video he is. It's on Newgrounds. I'll post a link (lol) when I find it. Basically Zelda and Saria are a couple, Link and Ganondorf are a couple, and the Triforce is a symbol for gay straight and bi.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old November 9th, 2011, 07:26 AM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
I think I'll just drop by here to leave this for the entertainment of everyone here:
Spoiler:
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I think people who think joining Facebook groups will actually change something are ridiculous. Even if they had managed to get anywhere near 1 million (or hell, even anywhere near one thousand lmao) what would it accomplish?

Old November 10th, 2011, 08:08 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=2u8D0Ihs9o0

Zelda's PRIDE Force! The ending is pretty random and weird but still, this video is awesome. And yes it proves Link IS the submissive one.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.

Last edited by U.Flame; November 10th, 2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Damn double post
Old November 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Ineffable~
DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I think people who think joining Facebook groups will actually change something are ridiculous. Even if they had managed to get anywhere near 1 million (or hell, even anywhere near one thousand lmao) what would it accomplish?
-Thinks up a snappy comeback- Ummm . . . it would be a pretty number? :3

Anyway yeah, I agree. I don't really join any Facebook groups (I make a few exceptions but only one per theme, like I wouldn't join two groups that are both LGBT themed.) because I don't really think it would help anything. xD
Also I can't stand when people make little groups called "I hate [[insert celebrity's name here]]!!!!!!!!111one" because the Facebook rules actually explicitly state you don't make hate groups. :/

Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old November 10th, 2011, 01:14 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
I don't think the goal of most groups like that is really to bring about any great change, but to change the opinions of as many individual people as possible. Or maybe just to be a place for people to feel at home.

In the case of the anti-gay groups, I think it's just random people being too scared to show their hate in real life, so they just troll online.

That said, I've never even been to Facebook once, so I don't know what they're actually like.
Old November 10th, 2011, 01:56 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
You are a facebook virgin! lol

It's nothing special. People just like to use it to keep in touch with friends, creep on others, or to feel important. haha. I rarely use it myself. The groups do not do much, for the most part. Basically you join, and then you comment about a topic or updates; so it basically like a thread on here. lol.

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links