The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1476    
Old October 24th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Retro Gamer'93's Avatar
Retro Gamer'93
Pokemon Master of Kanto
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Alabama
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Is anyone getting a colorless game instead of regular colors? Dunno if it's something with the patch or what but my game is black and white and doesn't have any colors in it.
Reply With Quote
  #1477    
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:16 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hey I Have The Same Problem
Need To Play It In colours. HELP Required
Does it is playable on vba?
Reply With Quote
  #1478    
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:06 PM
djpyrex
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Here my pokemon are seen with blank spaces.

EDIT: If someone has the same problem, use VBA instead of VBA-M.
Reply With Quote
  #1479    
Old October 31st, 2011, 07:00 AM
3xadeath13
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
after i downloaded the game and applied the patch, when i open the game, there are blank stripes going through the pokemon diagonally. This also happens when i look at my pokedex. How can i fix this? I am on a mac
Reply With Quote
  #1480    
Old November 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Pingouin_7
This account is now inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xadeath13 View Post
after i downloaded the game and applied the patch, when i open the game, there are blank stripes going through the pokemon diagonally. This also happens when i look at my pokedex. How can i fix this? I am on a mac
Disable real GB VRAM inaccessibility.
Reply With Quote
  #1481    
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:22 AM
stickprod
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
hey, i just wanted to know if there was a tm for shadow ball or other ghost/dark type moves.
Reply With Quote
  #1482    
Old November 7th, 2011, 10:53 AM
zdude0127
Togepi
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickprod View Post
hey, i just wanted to know if there was a tm for shadow ball or other ghost/dark type moves.
If I remember correctly, it's TM30 just like in the newer games. I haven't played Brown in a while so I'm not 100% sure. To get the TM though, you need to bring either the Red or Blue orb (don't remember on this one either but it's one of those two for sure) to the girl at the Hayward City Department Store. Shadow Ball is also a Dark type move in Brown.
Reply With Quote
  #1483    
Old November 9th, 2011, 02:52 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hey Guys I need An Answer:
I Have defeated 4-5 Gyms but still i cannot make my Charizard to Fly. I have the HM02 but still it says a new badge is required. Can any one help. Which city gym i had forgotten to defeat?
Reply With Quote
  #1484    
Old November 9th, 2011, 08:52 AM
zdude0127
Togepi
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey Guys I need An Answer:
I Have defeated 4-5 Gyms but still i cannot make my Charizard to Fly. I have the HM02 but still it says a new badge is required. Can any one help. Which city gym i had forgotten to defeat?
You need to defeat Sparky at the Jaeru City gym. He uses a Raichu, Electabuzz, and Jolteon.
Reply With Quote
  #1485    
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Gorstak's Avatar
Gorstak
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: croatia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
what is at first page link brownstarof... What is that?

This game is not in color?
__________________
finishd hacks-Pokemon light platinum,pokemon prism beta 2010


currently playing-pokemon ruby destiny-life of guardians:passd main story-waiting next beta.
Pokemon ruby snakewood-



http://www.dark-members.forumotion.net

Last edited by Gorstak; November 11th, 2011 at 01:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1486    
Old November 13th, 2011, 11:05 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Another Question:
What do I do with Items like red orb , red amulet and tradestones?

Also how do i evolve my kadabra , haunter , magmar , rhydon?
Reply With Quote
  #1487    
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:16 AM
zdude0127
Togepi
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Another Question:
What do I do with Items like red orb , red amulet and tradestones?


The red orb's only use in Brown is to be traded to the little girl on top of the Hayward city Department store to get a TM. Don't remember which one though.

The red amulet needs to be given to a man in the house behind the jump ledges in Hayward city. To get there, you need to enter the Rijon tunnel through Eagulou City end. From there it's a straight forward path to the house. You get HM04 in there (still strength).

Trade Stones evolve Graveler, Machoke, Kadabra, and Haunter.

Quote:
Also how do i evolve my kadabra , haunter , magmar , rhydon?
Kadabra and Haunter evolve using the Trade Stones or trading them to another game.

Magmar evolves using the magmarizer which is found on Route 34 (the only johto route you can explore) in a Surf only area.

Rhydon evolves with a Protector which is found in an unnamed cave north of Seashore city. You need cut to get to it and if you haven't turned in the red amulet yet, then you will want to wait to get the protector. There are trainers in the cave with Pokemon over lv70.
Reply With Quote
  #1488    
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:13 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Thanks zdude0127 for ur help. Another quick question:
How many HM's are there coz i have only three?
Also where can i find the MIST STONE.

Last edited by alienhunterx; November 15th, 2011 at 03:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1489    
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Gorstak's Avatar
Gorstak
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: croatia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorstak View Post
what is at first page link brownstarof... What is that?

This game is not in color?
can somwan answer this,why is game not color?it hurt my eyes i cant play.
__________________
finishd hacks-Pokemon light platinum,pokemon prism beta 2010


currently playing-pokemon ruby destiny-life of guardians:passd main story-waiting next beta.
Pokemon ruby snakewood-



http://www.dark-members.forumotion.net
Reply With Quote
  #1490    
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:19 AM
zdude0127
Togepi
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Thanks zdude0127 for ur help. Another quick question:
How many HM's are there coz i have only three?
Also where can i find the MIST STONE.
The original 5 are technically still programmed into the hack, but HM05 (Flash) is unavailable due to no caves requiring it. And the Mist Stone is behind the boulder in the Amulet Guy's house (where you trade the amulet for HM04).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorstak
This game is not in color?
What emulator are you using?
Reply With Quote
  #1491    
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Gorstak's Avatar
Gorstak
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: croatia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
am using vba emulator,maybi i missd some setting?
__________________
finishd hacks-Pokemon light platinum,pokemon prism beta 2010


currently playing-pokemon ruby destiny-life of guardians:passd main story-waiting next beta.
Pokemon ruby snakewood-



http://www.dark-members.forumotion.net
Reply With Quote
  #1492    
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:39 AM
zdude0127
Togepi
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorstak View Post
am using vba emulator,maybi i missd some setting?
Under options, there is a sub-menu labeled Gameboy, in there you have some letters representing the gameboy mode. SGB needs to be selected. Once you have it set, reset the emulator and then Brown should be in color. It isn't like 2nd gen coloring, its more like Pokemon Yellow.
Reply With Quote
  #1493    
Old November 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Gorstak's Avatar
Gorstak
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: croatia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
ok it works now,tnx for help.And does pokemonbrownfinal link at first page is that newest patch with that dungeon?
__________________
finishd hacks-Pokemon light platinum,pokemon prism beta 2010


currently playing-pokemon ruby destiny-life of guardians:passd main story-waiting next beta.
Pokemon ruby snakewood-



http://www.dark-members.forumotion.net
Reply With Quote
  #1494    
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:49 PM
zdude0127
Togepi
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorstak View Post
ok it works now,tnx for help.And does pokemonbrownfinal link at first page is that newest patch with that dungeon?
Yes it is. The final dungeon is also quite a doozy since all the trainers within it use pokemon lv77-100. I did manage to pull through using Pokemon in the mid 40s. They were in the late 50s once I finished. Stock up on lots of healing items. Also bring the Card Key along. It's used to get one item. There is no other way to get said item. And rumor has it you can use the bike in the final dungeon, but I don't recommend it since there are 4 custom music pieces composed by MeanMrMustard before he left the team.
Reply With Quote
  #1495    
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:07 AM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Well what could i do in brown after Elite 4 besides the final dungeon. also does that guard in the tunnel leaves after some event?
Reply With Quote
  #1496    
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:23 AM
cardboardbox's Avatar
cardboardbox
Roaming Johto
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Well what could i do in brown after Elite 4 besides the final dungeon. also does that guard in the tunnel leaves after some event?
The final dungeon itself is very long, so there's extensive gameplay in that. Otherwise, it's well worth completing the Pokedex, as long as CBM's reward for it is still ongoing.

If you mean the Rijon-Naljo tunnel where a passport is needed, there's nothing beyond there - Naljo isn't accessible.
Reply With Quote
  #1497    
Old November 27th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The East Bay
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
A fix for Pokemon Pics not showing up correctly on some emulators (and on real gameboys) is coming soon along with minor glitch fixes as well as fixes to some of the game design flaws.
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel. All about ROM Hacks, Indie Games and more!

Brown:


Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #1498    
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:30 PM
zdude0127
Togepi
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
A fix for Pokemon Pics not showing up correctly on some emulators (and on real gameboys) is coming soon along with minor glitch fixes as well as fixes to some of the game design flaws.
Do some these design flaws include TM learnset glitches? I wanted to teach my Feraligatr Hyper Beam but it can't learn it.

A few minor moveset related problems relating to Giovanni's Persian and Mura's (if your starter was Charmander) Blastoise. Persian knows Fissure and Blastoise knows Blizzard. If I'm correct, Persian can't learn Fissure and Blizzard is no longer a TM in Brown.

Also (minor request, ignore it if you wish) could you modify Red's team in the Elite Four? It is rather repetetive to face 3 Charizards in the Elite Four (2 if your starter wasn't Bulbasaur). If you do, could the Charizard replacement be a Typlosion? Like I said, ignore if you wish since this is your hack.
Reply With Quote
  #1499    
Old December 2nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Anth0ny's Avatar
Anth0ny
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Hey Coolboyman, is a patch for RBY that allows those games to recognize the new Pokemon/fixed back sprites you added in Brown possible/in the works? Currently playing through Brown again, and I'd love to trade between the games, and mess around in Kanto with Gen 2-4 dudes.

I'm guessing it's not as simple as I think, but just wanted to throw it out there. Keep up the great work.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1500    
Old December 5th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Coolboyman's Avatar
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The East Bay
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude0127 View Post
Do some these design flaws include TM learnset glitches? I wanted to teach my Feraligatr Hyper Beam but it can't learn it.

A few minor moveset related problems relating to Giovanni's Persian and Mura's (if your starter was Charmander) Blastoise. Persian knows Fissure and Blastoise knows Blizzard. If I'm correct, Persian can't learn Fissure and Blizzard is no longer a TM in Brown.

Also (minor request, ignore it if you wish) could you modify Red's team in the Elite Four? It is rather repetetive to face 3 Charizards in the Elite Four (2 if your starter wasn't Bulbasaur). If you do, could the Charizard replacement be a Typlosion? Like I said, ignore if you wish since this is your hack.
- Yes I will be going through the TM learnsets and seeing what's missing.
- Them learning those were overlooks on my part and will be fixed.
- I think I'll change Red's Charizard to a Typlosion. You're right. I like Charizard, but that's a bit overkill.

What else will be fixed:
- Pokemon pics will not glitch up when using certain emulators as well as a real gameboy.
- Pokemon found early in the game will be able to learn more moves by leveling up.
- Some spelling/grammar errors I picked up as well as the text overlapping on one part.
- Koolboyman's end message altered to fit my current situation.

I'm making all of these changes for a good reason. Stay "tuned", you'll like what I'm going to do.

Feel free to suggest things that will improve the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth0ny View Post
Hey Coolboyman, is a patch for RBY that allows those games to recognize the new Pokemon/fixed back sprites you added in Brown possible/in the works? Currently playing through Brown again, and I'd love to trade between the games, and mess around in Kanto with Gen 2-4 dudes.

I'm guessing it's not as simple as I think, but just wanted to throw it out there. Keep up the great work.
I have no plans for that, that was meant to be merged with the Red in color hack I was doing but I never got around to finishing it because of other stuff I have to deal with in my life.
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel. All about ROM Hacks, Indie Games and more!

Brown:


Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.