The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 24th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Retro Gamer'93
Pokemon Master of Kanto

Nature: Relaxed
Is anyone getting a colorless game instead of regular colors? Dunno if it's something with the patch or what but my game is black and white and doesn't have any colors in it.
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:16 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hey I Have The Same Problem
Need To Play It In colours. HELP Required
Does it is playable on vba?
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:06 PM
djpyrex
Beginning Trainer

Here my pokemon are seen with blank spaces.

EDIT: If someone has the same problem, use VBA instead of VBA-M.
Old October 31st, 2011, 07:00 AM
3xadeath13
Beginning Trainer

after i downloaded the game and applied the patch, when i open the game, there are blank stripes going through the pokemon diagonally. This also happens when i look at my pokedex. How can i fix this? I am on a mac
Old November 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Pingouin_7
This account is now inactive

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xadeath13 View Post
after i downloaded the game and applied the patch, when i open the game, there are blank stripes going through the pokemon diagonally. This also happens when i look at my pokedex. How can i fix this? I am on a mac
Disable real GB VRAM inaccessibility.
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:22 AM
stickprod
Beginning Trainer

hey, i just wanted to know if there was a tm for shadow ball or other ghost/dark type moves.
Old November 7th, 2011, 10:53 AM
zdude0127
Togepi

Originally Posted by stickprod View Post
hey, i just wanted to know if there was a tm for shadow ball or other ghost/dark type moves.
If I remember correctly, it's TM30 just like in the newer games. I haven't played Brown in a while so I'm not 100% sure. To get the TM though, you need to bring either the Red or Blue orb (don't remember on this one either but it's one of those two for sure) to the girl at the Hayward City Department Store. Shadow Ball is also a Dark type move in Brown.
Old November 9th, 2011, 02:52 AM
alienhunterx

Hey Guys I need An Answer:
I Have defeated 4-5 Gyms but still i cannot make my Charizard to Fly. I have the HM02 but still it says a new badge is required. Can any one help. Which city gym i had forgotten to defeat?
Old November 9th, 2011, 08:52 AM
zdude0127
Togepi

Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey Guys I need An Answer:
I Have defeated 4-5 Gyms but still i cannot make my Charizard to Fly. I have the HM02 but still it says a new badge is required. Can any one help. Which city gym i had forgotten to defeat?
You need to defeat Sparky at the Jaeru City gym. He uses a Raichu, Electabuzz, and Jolteon.
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Gorstak

Nature: Adamant
what is at first page link brownstarof... What is that?

This game is not in color?

currently playing-pokemon ruby destiny-life of guardians:passd main story-waiting next beta.
Pokemon ruby snakewood-

http://www.dark-members.forumotion.net

Last edited by Gorstak; November 11th, 2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old November 13th, 2011, 11:05 PM
alienhunterx

Another Question:
What do I do with Items like red orb , red amulet and tradestones?

Also how do i evolve my kadabra , haunter , magmar , rhydon?
Old November 14th, 2011, 09:16 AM
zdude0127
Togepi

Another Question:
What do I do with Items like red orb , red amulet and tradestones?

The red orb's only use in Brown is to be traded to the little girl on top of the Hayward city Department store to get a TM. Don't remember which one though.

The red amulet needs to be given to a man in the house behind the jump ledges in Hayward city. To get there, you need to enter the Rijon tunnel through Eagulou City end. From there it's a straight forward path to the house. You get HM04 in there (still strength).

Trade Stones evolve Graveler, Machoke, Kadabra, and Haunter.

Quote:
Also how do i evolve my kadabra , haunter , magmar , rhydon?
Kadabra and Haunter evolve using the Trade Stones or trading them to another game.

Magmar evolves using the magmarizer which is found on Route 34 (the only johto route you can explore) in a Surf only area.

Rhydon evolves with a Protector which is found in an unnamed cave north of Seashore city. You need cut to get to it and if you haven't turned in the red amulet yet, then you will want to wait to get the protector. There are trainers in the cave with Pokemon over lv70.
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:13 AM
alienhunterx

Thanks zdude0127 for ur help. Another quick question:
How many HM's are there coz i have only three?
Also where can i find the MIST STONE.

Last edited by alienhunterx; November 15th, 2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Gorstak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorstak View Post
what is at first page link brownstarof... What is that?

can somwan answer this,why is game not color?it hurt my eyes i cant play.

currently playing-pokemon ruby destiny-life of guardians:passd main story-waiting next beta.
Pokemon ruby snakewood-

Old November 15th, 2011, 07:19 AM
zdude0127
Togepi

Thanks zdude0127 for ur help. Another quick question:
How many HM's are there coz i have only three?
Also where can i find the MIST STONE.
The original 5 are technically still programmed into the hack, but HM05 (Flash) is unavailable due to no caves requiring it. And the Mist Stone is behind the boulder in the Amulet Guy's house (where you trade the amulet for HM04).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorstak
What emulator are you using?
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Gorstak

am using vba emulator,maybi i missd some setting?

Pokemon ruby snakewood-

Old November 15th, 2011, 10:39 AM
zdude0127
Togepi

am using vba emulator,maybi i missd some setting?
Under options, there is a sub-menu labeled Gameboy, in there you have some letters representing the gameboy mode. SGB needs to be selected. Once you have it set, reset the emulator and then Brown should be in color. It isn't like 2nd gen coloring, its more like Pokemon Yellow.
Old November 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Gorstak

ok it works now,tnx for help.And does pokemonbrownfinal link at first page is that newest patch with that dungeon?

Pokemon ruby snakewood-

Old November 15th, 2011, 10:49 PM
zdude0127
Togepi

ok it works now,tnx for help.And does pokemonbrownfinal link at first page is that newest patch with that dungeon?
Yes it is. The final dungeon is also quite a doozy since all the trainers within it use pokemon lv77-100. I did manage to pull through using Pokemon in the mid 40s. They were in the late 50s once I finished. Stock up on lots of healing items. Also bring the Card Key along. It's used to get one item. There is no other way to get said item. And rumor has it you can use the bike in the final dungeon, but I don't recommend it since there are 4 custom music pieces composed by MeanMrMustard before he left the team.
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:07 AM
alienhunterx

Well what could i do in brown after Elite 4 besides the final dungeon. also does that guard in the tunnel leaves after some event?
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:23 AM
cardboardbox
Roaming Johto

Quote:
Well what could i do in brown after Elite 4 besides the final dungeon. also does that guard in the tunnel leaves after some event?
The final dungeon itself is very long, so there's extensive gameplay in that. Otherwise, it's well worth completing the Pokedex, as long as CBM's reward for it is still ongoing.

If you mean the Rijon-Naljo tunnel where a passport is needed, there's nothing beyond there - Naljo isn't accessible.
Old November 27th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
A fix for Pokemon Pics not showing up correctly on some emulators (and on real gameboys) is coming soon along with minor glitch fixes as well as fixes to some of the game design flaws.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:30 PM
zdude0127
Togepi

Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
A fix for Pokemon Pics not showing up correctly on some emulators (and on real gameboys) is coming soon along with minor glitch fixes as well as fixes to some of the game design flaws.
Do some these design flaws include TM learnset glitches? I wanted to teach my Feraligatr Hyper Beam but it can't learn it.

A few minor moveset related problems relating to Giovanni's Persian and Mura's (if your starter was Charmander) Blastoise. Persian knows Fissure and Blastoise knows Blizzard. If I'm correct, Persian can't learn Fissure and Blizzard is no longer a TM in Brown.

Also (minor request, ignore it if you wish) could you modify Red's team in the Elite Four? It is rather repetetive to face 3 Charizards in the Elite Four (2 if your starter wasn't Bulbasaur). If you do, could the Charizard replacement be a Typlosion? Like I said, ignore if you wish since this is your hack.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Anth0ny
Beginning Trainer

Hey Coolboyman, is a patch for RBY that allows those games to recognize the new Pokemon/fixed back sprites you added in Brown possible/in the works? Currently playing through Brown again, and I'd love to trade between the games, and mess around in Kanto with Gen 2-4 dudes.

I'm guessing it's not as simple as I think, but just wanted to throw it out there. Keep up the great work.
Old December 5th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude0127 View Post
Do some these design flaws include TM learnset glitches? I wanted to teach my Feraligatr Hyper Beam but it can't learn it.

A few minor moveset related problems relating to Giovanni's Persian and Mura's (if your starter was Charmander) Blastoise. Persian knows Fissure and Blastoise knows Blizzard. If I'm correct, Persian can't learn Fissure and Blizzard is no longer a TM in Brown.

Also (minor request, ignore it if you wish) could you modify Red's team in the Elite Four? It is rather repetetive to face 3 Charizards in the Elite Four (2 if your starter wasn't Bulbasaur). If you do, could the Charizard replacement be a Typlosion? Like I said, ignore if you wish since this is your hack.
- Yes I will be going through the TM learnsets and seeing what's missing.
- Them learning those were overlooks on my part and will be fixed.
- I think I'll change Red's Charizard to a Typlosion. You're right. I like Charizard, but that's a bit overkill.

What else will be fixed:
- Pokemon pics will not glitch up when using certain emulators as well as a real gameboy.
- Pokemon found early in the game will be able to learn more moves by leveling up.
- Some spelling/grammar errors I picked up as well as the text overlapping on one part.
- Koolboyman's end message altered to fit my current situation.

I'm making all of these changes for a good reason. Stay "tuned", you'll like what I'm going to do.

Feel free to suggest things that will improve the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth0ny View Post
Hey Coolboyman, is a patch for RBY that allows those games to recognize the new Pokemon/fixed back sprites you added in Brown possible/in the works? Currently playing through Brown again, and I'd love to trade between the games, and mess around in Kanto with Gen 2-4 dudes.

I'm guessing it's not as simple as I think, but just wanted to throw it out there. Keep up the great work.
I have no plans for that, that was meant to be merged with the Red in color hack I was doing but I never got around to finishing it because of other stuff I have to deal with in my life.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links