• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Revamping my Team?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I was finished with the first Elite Four in HG, in my monotype (Bug) run. I was thinking of revamping my team for other Bug types.

This is my current team:

12.png

Liberty lvl. 54
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Shaow Ball

168.png

Java lvl. 52
- Sludge Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Pin Missile

127.png

Steel lvl. 54
- Strength
- Swords Dance
- X- Scissor
- Earthquake

214.png

Zeus lvl. 54
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Horn Attack

205.png

Bastion lvl. 53
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball

I'm thinking of replacing the three (Ariados, Forretress, and Pinsir) with

Ninjask
- X- Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Baton Pass

and/or

Armaldo
- Stealth Rock
- Crush Claw
- Earthquake
- X- Scissor

and/or

Scizor
- Bullet Punch
- Night Slash
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance (?)

yeah. My scizor got technician as an ability.

and/or

Yanmega
- Night Slash
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- U- turn.

I don't know. i'm basically drawing blanks here. Suggestions please? Must I change my team?

miltankRancher

Years
Which one? The old one or the new one? I wanted to dump Ariados since she is not keeping up with my expectations.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
imo Butterfree could make use of Quiver Dance, or if not get a Venomoth, with QD, Psychic, Bug Buzz and Sleep Powder <-- latter to set up you can really do well, and tbh, without something to set up with, sleep powder seems kind of useless on Butterfree.

Poison isn't really that useful and if you try Venomoth, then yeah, replace Ariados with Scizor. Oh, and with Scizor since you're going for Night Slash - Pursuit is better really, since it allows you to catch out switching out Pokemon, etc, who unfortunately switch into Scizor (not that common in-game but against proper trainers apparently it does happen as I witnessed tonight lol).

Also on Heracross, Megahorn is pretty much necessary, since STAB, power, yeah needed. Replace with either horn attack orrr aerial ace, and for another attack you can go with pursuit/night slash but up to you!

miltankRancher

Years
Wait. i forgot to include it. This is only HG. So I guess, QD is not available atm.

This is mainly for ingame trainers, so should I still use pursuit over night Slash? I kinda like the extra power, though.

I'm waiting on 55 for Heracross to learn Megahorn. It will replace Horn Attack. I'm fairly okay with him though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...lol I'm so dumb /totally forgot QD was gen 5-specific. But yeah, with Scizor, personally if you're just going for the power, go for Superpower, it's honestly a lot more useful than night slash since you have bug bite anyway for psychic types since you won't be dealing with switches often. :x

miltankRancher

Years
So...

Butterfree (same)
Heracross + megahorn
Scizor with Superpower instead of Night slash

which of the choices would fit best with the last three slots?

Back